FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What makes you read or avoid a forum thread?

What makes you read or avoid a forum thread?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *dam1971 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bedford

If it’s started by someone I know or like - or if the last comment is - I’ll usually read it.

If the topic looks interesting then I’ll read it.

If there are already a lot of replies, I’ll often stay away. Is that narcissistic tendencies because I don’t want to be just one voice in a hundred? Weird.

How about you? This thread is fascinating and is started by someone you fancy so everyone will post

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

An interesting subject or something silly usually gets my attention.

I steer away from the drama llamas

I try to read them all ... some titles can be ambiguous.

Not meaning to sound rude - if it’s a grandstander, I’ll likely read, but choose not to post on it. In my mellowing I like to avoid now, rather than use a smart arse response.

We as humans usually crave attention, it’s interesting noticing just how people go about getting this. Me included - I’ve been asking for a penis for Christ’s sake

An interesting title, posted by someone I recognise or sometimes anything if I’m bored.

Some thought provoking are ones which I will always read and comment. Music ones..

Foodie! It varies with the mood.

I dont care how many commented. I do try and comment on those who are less recognised actually.

By *adyA01Woman  over a year ago

Wellington

I don't even look at who posted, I am drawn in by the title...

I don't always comment though, sometimes I just read and have a little chuckle if it's a funny one...

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I open them all, if the content interests me I will read and reply reply, if not then I scroll on past regardless if its friends or not

Read way more than I post on, professional lurker!

Can't help be drawn into ones that pose a question or are a bit weird sounding.

I also have people I look out for and people I actively avoid

The title..if it's not obvious..if it has some intrigue or a puzzling question then generally I d take a look..funnily enough the larger majority that I read are not sex,though may they concern sexuality.

By *irewolffMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Will look at alot but dont engage with:

- guys looking for wank inspiration pics

- whats wrong with my profile asks

- anything thats gonna cause a row...can spot them a mile off

Some of the chats can be very clickey so I dont post in one if it is.

And overall, I am not very opinionated....Im meh on alot of topics!!!

MsD x

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I’ll always read and look at threads that catch my eye. Sometimes I’ll refrain from commenting, mainly if it’s done by one of the needy guys (or girls I guess) on here who treat it as a popularity contest. I’m here to have a laugh at the end of the day and don’t really care what people think

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I’m fascinated too. I’m fascinated how people interact so will read the whole thread before posting.

Today I’ve read quite a few threads. In fact I have been since about 6:30 yet have not contributed to any until this one.

I do contribute to quite a few, though I could certainly not be described as a regular as many are. What fascinates me, often more than those who do not post, are the lurkers. I’ve had more lurkers message me about my posts than those who reply publicly.

I never read based on the author.

There are some who post prolifically, and unless it's a really interesting title I avoid.

I tend to open the thread, skim the text and decide if it's going to be a debate ( I'll read) or a ranty episode (avoid).

By *lint-EverhardMan  over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I'm here on the forums for a bit of fun, so an interesting title or a comical one will arouse my interest.

By *rindiMan  over a year ago

chester

Read lots, contribute in a few.

Avoid attention seekers and prize cocks.

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

Drawn to different or unusual threads that might give some insight or encourage debate/conversation.

Think we should avoid the same boring repeat 'chain' thread but still get drawn to them like a morbid curiosity.

By *dam1971 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bedford

"In my mellowing I like to avoid now, rather than use a smart arse response. "

Fucking hell, if I did this I’d post almost nothing

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

I read most of them when I am bored. If I am busy I usually read the ones that have had a lot comments or have a good title. Have been teased by a title and left dissapointed many a time though

When they turn in to slanting matches, nastiness it people “sucking” up to others

If the title is a question I'll avoid it...

Damn you clickbait!

Slanging

"When they turn in to slanting matches, nastiness it people “sucking” up to others "

Majority then

Anything with a daft title

By *miableRogueMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Some nasty bastards on these threads who have an overinflated opinion of themselves. I come here to reconfirm my assumptions. Same ones daily

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

No interest in making 175 or someone get #1, quite like some of the other games if in the mood but try to avoid dross and looking for interesting, challenging or humorous. Don’t really care who posted it, although some are very predictable so keep looking for that “ignore” feature

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I pop in and out. I enjoy the daft ones.

I read more than I post but the ones I avoid are where there are argumentative types.

Some people really must argue with themselves at times I’m sure

The title and who it’s by

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Subject / but if i read OP post & think hmm just looking for an argument or saying something deliberately controversial to get attention - i’ll steer clear - got enough drama off here normally for me to come here and want more

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

"I pop in and out. I enjoy the daft ones.

I read more than I post but the ones I avoid are where there are argumentative types.

Some people really must argue with themselves at times I’m sure "

Bet they don’t!!

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I only contribute if Queeny started the thread

"I try to read them all ... some titles can be ambiguous.

Not meaning to sound rude - if it’s a grandstander, I’ll likely read, but choose not to post on it. In my mellowing I like to avoid now, rather than use a smart arse response.

We as humans usually crave attention, it’s interesting noticing just how people go about getting this. Me included - I’ve been asking for a penis for Christ’s sake

"

I have a penis

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I skip through the thread list

I read those by people I know and like

I may post in those threads if appropriate

I avoid the ‘needy’ people who are well known anyway

I avoid those that border on the ridiculous

I avoid the argumentative

I like a funny sounding thread...I have replied to some more serious ones if its something I'm passionate about or know about. I avoid the ones where it looks like everyone knows everyone and they seem to be having a secret convo in amongst the thread...find that a bit annoying as it's meant to be a forum for everyone.

And if the OP is someone I know like this one

I read a lot, but don’t post on many. I avoid some threads because you just know they’re going to get filled by the usual people. Or they’re deliberately argumentative.

I’m here to escape the boredom so I want to smile, and admire a few hairy chests x

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

I read more than contribute to threads ..I avoid the rate my profile threads they make me cringe ,And the threads moaning about other people’s profiles...I like the light hearted threads and the one’s with the aim of helping people ..

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

The majority of the crossdressing ones I try to ignore, especially the ones that are judgemental. I do on occasion contribute especially if that person is looking for help or advice but in the main not too interested.

The threads I do like are around my interest, sports, films, motorcycles and general news items of the day. Those I'll quite happily give my own specific and absorbing opinions on, as I know you all find them fascinating and informative

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Hello Adam! What a great thread idea. So I read a lot of threads (generally avoid fabathon, song blah blah threads). I read quickly but if it's a long one I do a few from the top, few from the bottom - people edit down your responses so they don't take up the whole screen please.

I reply to ones that interest me and suit the mood I'm in that time. If a close friend starts a thread, I'm probably more likely to reply but that's because I know their sense of humour/we have similar interests and dislikes. I do try and interact with the less well known/active fora users with varying degrees of success but I couldn't ever do a pity response to a thread; it feels fake and forced. I'd just not post if it is of no interest to me.

» Add a new message to this topic