FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > London > Rock Bars

Rock Bars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ifeOnMars OP   Couple 4 weeks ago

somewhere out there

Hey, heading to the smoke in a few weeks, anyone recommend a good rock / metal bar for a Saturday night preferably that has live music? We’re staying in Central London but happy to tube / taxi within reason…. (Anything around Camden)?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *jkuk72Man 4 weeks ago

London & Herts

In terms of heavy metal bars, you could try the Devonshire Arms in Camden (33 Kentish Town Rd) - only a short walk from Camden tube station

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

There’s also The Black Heart & The Worlds End in Camden. Slim Jim’s, Blondies and Blondies Brewery.

By *etflixandBillMan 4 weeks ago

London

Camden is a good area of rock bars. They seem to be a dying establishment which is a shame because I’m a rock and metal man

London & Herts

I still remember the time (30 years ago, which shows how old I am lol) when the Intrepid Fox was still going strong in Soho. Those were the days

If you go to Blondies in Clapton then you might want to check out Helgis too on Mare St.

If you're central there's "The Ship" and "Garlic and shots" both in soho

somewhere out there

Thanks for taking the time to give some suggestions, much appreciated, seems like we’ve got some options and the makings of a good night.

By *anniboy52Man 4 weeks ago

Watford

Garlic and Shots is such a great bar! Plus in the hart of Soho you will not get bored! Shame Crowbar closed in lockdown just around the corner! That place f**king rocked at the weekends!

London & Herts

Glad to have found out about Garlic and Shots. Didn’t know it existed. Thank you fab!

By *C79Man 4 weeks ago

Caterham

I wish there were more. I wish there were fab events with a rock or metal theme. Camden is definitely a safe bet. Even famous places like Crobar that was in Soho have closed down

"I wish there were more. I wish there were fab events with a rock or metal theme. Camden is definitely a safe bet. Even famous places like Crobar that was in Soho have closed down"

There is a monthly metal munch listed on FL

By *ddie1158Man 4 weeks ago

Yeovil

Cart & Horses is having an album launch this weekend with Paul Dianno. Can be found at Maryland or walking from Stratford Station. Great place full of memorabilia and amazing food,

By *C79Man 4 weeks ago

Caterham

"I wish there were more. I wish there were fab events with a rock or metal theme. Camden is definitely a safe bet. Even famous places like Crobar that was in Soho have closed down

There is a monthly metal munch listed on FL"

Thanks. I'm not on FL. I'm not sure if I cross the kink threshold far enough to join! Perhaps I've assumed too much about the site & should take my ring/chained gentleman bits over there for a look?

somewhere out there

Hey guys, looked at the recommendations but not seeing anything about live music. Any of these places have live bands on? We prefer that sort of place over a foody place, alas they seem to be fading away…..

"Hey guys, looked at the recommendations but not seeing anything about live music. Any of these places have live bands on? We prefer that sort of place over a foody place, alas they seem to be fading away….."

Devonshire has bands. The Dublin castle has stuff on all the time. Best checking out their websites. If you were down tonight there's a great nu metal tribute show at Dingwalls with SOAD, deftones, disturbed,RATM and korn trib acts.

By *irca1999Man 4 weeks ago

london

it depends on the night you are going, some will have live music on... Slim Jims in Angel sometimes have live bands on

By *C79Man 4 weeks ago

Caterham

[Removed by poster at 23/08/24 18:52:32]

By *C79Man 4 weeks ago

Caterham

"Hey guys, looked at the recommendations but not seeing anything about live music. Any of these places have live bands on? We prefer that sort of place over a foody place, alas they seem to be fading away….."

Camden Underworld is a live music venue next to The Worlds End pub. That might have what you want

By *el65Man 4 weeks ago

paisley

Slim Jim’s at angel is a good one also Blondies in Clapton but they also have a place in meeting at the patchworks it’s a bit away from centre though

somewhere out there

Thanks again for the additional suggestions, if anything else pops to mind let us know.

» Add a new message to this topic