FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > 7 Leaders Debate !!

7 Leaders Debate !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ork Class OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cork

So who came out and top and looks,acts ,walks and talks like a proper leader ?

Unfortunately for me Claire Byrne was the best of them !!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickheadcuntCouple  over a year ago

Cork Ireland

SF

By *ork Class OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cork

Really ,is she a leader ?

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

watched bits of it. Mary lou spoke well i guess. Im very cynical about the whole lot of them. They will tell people what they want to hear and promise the sun, moon and stars and when elected its back to business as usual and anything that was promised will never materialise. There isnt even a candidate running here that i really want to vote for

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Sf will worsen the housing crisis.

We have an oversupply of family homes and an under supply of single dwelling apartments. Their solution to build more social housing will do nothing, as most homeless are single,ost people renting are single and most have jobs so most dont qualify for social housing.

This will mean the houses will he given to single mothers who will then sublet the bedrooms out, as is happening already.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sf will worsen the housing crisis.

We have an oversupply of family homes and an under supply of single dwelling apartments. Their solution to build more social housing will do nothing, as most homeless are single,ost people renting are single and most have jobs so most dont qualify for social housing.

I was homeless for nearly a year with a very sick child and two other kids and a T.D from S.F got me house so my vote will go with them they have never got a chance so we can't be much worse off than what we have now

This will mean the houses will he given to single mothers who will then sublet the bedrooms out, as is happening already."

I was homeless for nearly a year with a very sick child and two other kids and a T.D from S.F got me house so my vote will go with them they have never got a chance so we can't be much worse off than what we have now

This will mean the houses will he given to single mothers who will then sublet the bedrooms out, as is happening already."

Won't let me post for some reason

Not to mention that SF are anti-democracy and anti-eu ... But this thread is probably better off in the politics forum (where I looking in once, turned around and ran out )

By *ensualandslow321Man  over a year ago

Tullamore

"Not to mention that SF are anti-democracy and anti-eu ... But this thread is probably better off in the politics forum (where I looking in once, turned around and ran out )"

All poor and all Mary Lou did was try to put down the Martin and varadkar.

city

"I was homeless for nearly a year with a very sick child and two other kids and a T.D from S.F got me house so my vote will go with them they have never got a chance so we can't be much worse off than what we have now

"

And you would have got a house quicker if their policy was to force apartment builders to build more single occupancy dwellings, and to impose restrictions on the apartments to limit the value of their resale.

For example, 2-3 bedroom apartments can only be sold/rented long term to families. Not sold to investors to rent out each bedroom.

If they did that then the family homes for you to get would have been freed up.

Your situation was hard, but there are people renting 2 people per bedroom in homes around Dublin, some people are paying to have half a bed. Not a bunk bed, but half a bed with a stranger.

If the tax payer helped a family home be built, then that family home should never be anything other than a family home, not an airbnb, not a short term rental, not student accommodation.

Ah well, its not like any of the others have better proposals, just SF policy will cost us a bunch and fix nothing.

By *ickheadcuntCouple  over a year ago

Cork Ireland

So people are going to vote in the same again? I say give um a go

city

"So people are going to vote in the same again? I say give um a go "

What I was saying is, that there is no real alternative. I vote SF, its mainly a protest vote, I don't for a second think they would end up fixing the country, I just hope it snaps the others into action. It never seems to though.

All I know is, its actually insanity to leave Leo in, or Simon Harris, I mean its just crazy. Anyone should be given a shot instead of them, even just picking two randoms off the street.

"So who came out and top and looks,acts ,walks and talks like a proper leader ?

Unfortunately for me Claire Byrne was the best of them !!!!"

actually forgot it was on

anyone able to tell me where we can find a replay

By *mokey and the bandit 1Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

Well the way I see it. SF will most likely be the official opposition after the next GE. Neither FF or FG will have a majority so they might be forced into a coalition. If that doesn't happen SF could form a rainbow coalition

Awful urge to watch Antman after it

FF had 3 successive terms in office. All they managed was to give people a good time for a few years and took the country to the brink of bankruptcy. Everytime FF got into power they left the country in a recession. Fine Gael always brought it back out in the form of a coalition. Since my time in secondary school in the early 80's . SF said at the last election they would go into government with any party until the election was over then said they wouldn't go into government with anybody. They wouldn't take their seats in the House of Parliament to vote on Brexit. SF just want to be complaining about all the other parties but shy away from responsibility. Nothing will change but I think I'll vote for the party that drags the country out of trouble instead of the party that runs it into the ground. That said they will need to give us something like reduce the USC or something like that. Sick of working for the taxman.

By *eare_ENVYCouple  over a year ago

City Centre

[Removed by poster at 28/01/20 19:32:24]

"FF had 3 successive terms in office. All they managed was to give people a good time for a few years and took the country to the brink of bankruptcy. Everytime FF got into power they left the country in a recession. Fine Gael always brought it back out in the form of a coalition. Since my time in secondary school in the early 80's . SF said at the last election they would go into government with any party until the election was over then said they wouldn't go into government with anybody. They wouldn't take their seats in the House of Parliament to vote on Brexit. SF just want to be complaining about all the other parties but shy away from responsibility. Nothing will change but I think I'll vote for the party that drags the country out of trouble instead of the party that runs it into the ground. That said they will need to give us something like reduce the USC or something like that. Sick of working for the taxman."

Agreed on all points

city

"FF had 3 successive terms in office. All they managed was to give people a good time for a few years and took the country to the brink of bankruptcy. Everytime FF got into power they left the country in a recession. Fine Gael always brought it back out in the form of a coalition. Since my time in secondary school in the early 80's . SF said at the last election they would go into government with any party until the election was over then said they wouldn't go into government with anybody. They wouldn't take their seats in the House of Parliament to vote on Brexit. SF just want to be complaining about all the other parties but shy away from responsibility. Nothing will change but I think I'll vote for the party that drags the country out of trouble instead of the party that runs it into the ground. That said they will need to give us something like reduce the USC or something like that. Sick of working for the taxman."

So you are voting for FG? You do know FF and FG agree on all main points, they said so publicly. If you're a FG voter then you have no reason not to vote FF now, just to see on the off chance will a different leader, not different policies lead to a smoother time, with possibly some spending released to fix some problems.

FF was irresponsible. However it was the EU and Irish banks that caused the crash not them. They just spent when we had it which didnt help when the crash came. We are paying German debt because our banks took it on.

So now we are in this situation what to do? You can either plug along with Leo, which frankly is insane he is so slow to move its crazy, or go to FF which are a bunch of cowboys with exactly the same policies but might splash some cash on some problems in ways FG wont.

Or vote a protest.

Even if you are dead set that FG policies are going to come good, you cant really have any confidence in Leo or Simon. Just switch to FF.

The rest of us will continue to protest vote them both and pick other parties.

As for SF not taking up their seat on brexit they were right to. Other members of parliment in the UK would vote opposite to whatever they voted just to protest vote them. Its okay for a policy in the UK to be propped up by the DUP with their uninionist terror links, but Labour lost a lot of support for just talking to SF and saying that in the past they made some good points. It undermined corbyn and the British see them as nothing but terrorists. Their stance is not helped as the Irish government refuses to back them in any meangingful way, unlike the DUP who get full backing from the British goverment. This is because the UK does not fear the DUP taking over parliment, but FF/FG fear SF so given any chance they paint them as terrorists.

The truth is they are just marxist internationalists who dont really like democracy or constitutions and believe in mass migration and are not nationalist as they believe the Irish nation and culture should be eroded.

There is no reason to paint them as the free ireland nationalist party who fought with violence. Thats not who they are.

Saying all that, SF is still worth a protest vote, simply because FF and FG agree on all major points. Even labour is worth some protest votes, and the last time they seen a working class person was when they watched reeling in the years on their 50 inch lcd screens in their 80 grand a year expense houses.

By *murphMan  over a year ago

drogheda

"FF had 3 successive terms in office. All they managed was to give people a good time for a few years and took the country to the brink of bankruptcy. Everytime FF got into power they left the country in a recession. Fine Gael always brought it back out in the form of a coalition. Since my time in secondary school in the early 80's . SF said at the last election they would go into government with any party until the election was over then said they wouldn't go into government with anybody. They wouldn't take their seats in the House of Parliament to vote on Brexit. SF just want to be complaining about all the other parties but shy away from responsibility. Nothing will change but I think I'll vote for the party that drags the country out of trouble instead of the party that runs it into the ground. That said they will need to give us something like reduce the USC or something like that. Sick of working for the taxman.

Agreed on all points "

Is there a party like that it is a case of tail waging dog the civil service runs the country the politicians are just ornaments to collect our tax money and laugh at us when did one of them ever get sacked with no pension for doing anything wrong we had dail vote gate. Double jobing printergate children’s hospital overspend and nobody accountable the last time the Green Party was in they were in the papers going to work on bikes while big cars took their paperwork behind them it is on record

So I just don’t know if I should bother vitrine or not

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Just tell me what FG has achieved in term of 'dragging the country out of trouble' since 2011? The economy has recovered and we're out of recession alright but that's hardly FG's achievement. Everything else is still in shambles or got even worse: housing, homelessness, the health system, etc.

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"FF had 3 successive terms in office. All they managed was to give people a good time for a few years and took the country to the brink of bankruptcy. Everytime FF got into power they left the country in a recession. Fine Gael always brought it back out in the form of a coalition. Since my time in secondary school in the early 80's . SF said at the last election they would go into government with any party until the election was over then said they wouldn't go into government with anybody. They wouldn't take their seats in the House of Parliament to vote on Brexit. SF just want to be complaining about all the other parties but shy away from responsibility. Nothing will change but I think I'll vote for the party that drags the country out of trouble instead of the party that runs it into the ground. That said they will need to give us something like reduce the USC or something like that. Sick of working for the taxman.

Just tell me what FG has achieved in term of 'dragging the country out of trouble' since 2011? The economy has recovered and we're out of recession alright but that's hardly FG's achievement. Everything else is still in shambles or got even worse: housing, homelessness, the health system, etc. "

Devil you know for President of Ireland buy you a pint

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

I often wonder how you come up with this nonsense

Where is this magical oversupply of family homes? Utopia isn't real.

Also, I presume you realise that there are more children homeless now than at any time in the past?

The homeless crisis and the rental crisis aren't unconnected. By opting to concentrate on HAP rather than spending the money on social and affordable housing what this government has done is to stuff the private rectal market with people who should be in council houses and this raises demands for private rectal accommodation thereby raising prices to where they are now. The knock on effect is that people paying rents are unable to save for deposits as a result of the extortionate rents they're paying and this will serve to prolong the crisis as many of these people will be the homeless of the future.

Yeah, single mothers really are the problem here

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

This will mean the houses will he given to single mothers who will then sublet the bedrooms out, as is happening already.

Also, I presume you realise that there are more children homeless now than at any time in the past?

The homeless crisis and the rental crisis aren't unconnected. By opting to concentrate on HAP rather than spending the money on social and affordable housing what this government has done is to stuff the private rectal market with people who should be in council houses and this raises demands for private rectal accommodation thereby raising prices to where they are now. The knock on effect is that people paying rents are unable to save for deposits as a result of the extortionate rents they're paying and this will serve to prolong the crisis as many of these people will be the homeless of the future.

Yeah, single mothers really are the problem here "

All I'm wondering why your spellchecker replaces rental with rectal

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Yeah, single mothers really are the problem here

All I'm wondering why your spellchecker replaces rental with rectal "

Mother of God! That's Freudian!

By *reetimefun99Man  over a year ago

leinster

We have a very uninspiring selection. Mary Lou was probably the most impressive in the debate, but it's a low bar.i don't think any of them fully grasp the issues. And I can't say I fully agree with any of them. I'll vote sf mostly because I think They are going in the right direction and I see they are attempting to target the cost of living which when you think about it is probably the root of many of our problems

"We have a very uninspiring selection. Mary Lou was probably the most impressive in the debate, but it's a low bar.i don't think any of them fully grasp the issues. And I can't say I fully agree with any of them. I'll vote sf mostly because I think They are going in the right direction and I see they are attempting to target the cost of living which when you think about it is probably the root of many of our problems"

SF , their TDs don't even make decisions. They are told what to do by a higher committee. That's why Toibin left.

By *reetimefun99Man  over a year ago

leinster

"We have a very uninspiring selection. Mary Lou was probably the most impressive in the debate, but it's a low bar.i don't think any of them fully grasp the issues. And I can't say I fully agree with any of them. I'll vote sf mostly because I think They are going in the right direction and I see they are attempting to target the cost of living which when you think about it is probably the root of many of our problems

SF , their TDs don't even make decisions. They are told what to do by a higher committee. That's why Toibin left. "

he left because of abortion he was happy enough until then. His seat is under pressure so he has to come out with that. Btw do you think a td should make his/her own decision? Because if so then why have whips just vote how you feel. All parties have a national exec.

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again expect different results..

Either FF or FG have being in power in this country since 1937...

Vote for change, who ever that may be..

For me its SF no1 and social demicrates no2.

"The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again expect different results..

Either FF or FG have being in power in this country since 1937...

Vote for change, who ever that may be..

For me its SF no1 and social demicrates no2."

Vote for change all you want, it's still gonna be one of them or even both.

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Boyd Barrett spoke well, alas some of his party are fruit cakes.

SF can only achieve coalition status so who will get into bed with them? Probably nobody unfortunately. Although I hope Im wrong!

They get my vote simply because FFG are cunts

"So who came out and top and looks,acts ,walks and talks like a proper leader ?

Unfortunately for me Claire Byrne was the best of them !!!!"

Claire Byrne certainly looked the best. Good thing our political scene is not decided by looks...

On the more serious side of the question, the winner of the debate was Boyd Barrett for his positions against the ever increasing gulf of the top earners and those in the middle and below.

In my humble opinion, politics across the majority of the “democratic” world is largely a Ponzi scheme to make the individual political representatives money. There is no real cohesion in social policing if we elect varying parties every 4 years (or whatever the erection cycle appears).

Health care, housing, infrastructure, these are generational issues that need years and a clear focus of experts. I’m not advocating an authoritarian regime, but I think more of a citizens assembly... with true public servants, not individuals looking for a way out of teaching, and a great pension plan, but accountable public representation who if they choose to build a 2billion (and rising) hospital would simply be fired.

Anyhow, who won, FF ultimately and they will reverse the current government make up with FG & SF opposition, and a coalition with greens (again). Another number of years of mess, but Michael promises not to use government jet to fly home to Cork boy

» Add a new message to this topic