FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Makeup

Makeup

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rmrs1234 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Ok so after having a discussion it seems that men prefer the "natural look" as regards makeup. I was trying to explain (as a massive lover of makeup) that even a "natural makeup" look is still a good bit of makeup. Now obviously everyone has their own ideas as not everyone is into makeup so fellas what in your opinion what is a natural makeup look and what are your turn off as regards makeup

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mrs...as for makeup that is all down you your choice and I have yet to find any ladies who's make up wouldn't be fine and as for the natural look etc to ott make up well it's like cars with racing stripes or spoilers. As look as the lady is happy with herself then that's a win

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

To me natural make up look is to use make up to pronounce and enhance your features. The natural skin complexion is visible. In other words the person can be still recognized when she's wearing no make up.

It doesn't include plastering your skin with 1cm of foundation and anything fake such as tan, eye lashes, eyebrows, fingernails.

i have mixed feelings on make up...vanilla situations light application to none. but in the sheets..i love the fucking luck of smudged lipstick, eye liner and shadow. next morning just makes me grrr

"Ok so after having a discussion it seems that men prefer the "natural look" as regards makeup. I was trying to explain (as a massive lover of makeup) that even a "natural makeup" look is still a good bit of makeup. Now obviously everyone has their own ideas as not everyone is into makeup so fellas what in your opinion what is a natural makeup look and what are your turn off as regards makeup"
hey this is a question. Over the past year or two I have found makeup less attractive I started to realise that women have nice skin as it is and putting makeup on particularly foundation it looks silly in my opinion. I dont mind lipstick or mascara as I find they give the womans face character. I lived in germany for a year and none of the girls over there wear makeup and as I done some travelling you start to realise that a high percentage of irish and English Scottish Welsh girls are all into makeup. Hope this helps but this is just my opinion I'm sure other lads might disagree

Waterford

"To me natural make up look is to use make up to pronounce and enhance your features. The natural skin complexion is visible. In other words the person can be still recognized when she's wearing no make up.

It doesn't include plastering your skin with 1cm of foundation and anything fake such as tan, eye lashes, eyebrows, fingernails. "

yeah the natural look is defo not me lol.

No makeup lady here. Maybe once a year using a mascara and lipstick but I feel very comfy in my own skin even with all the imperfections.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Seldom wear make up. Hate foundation and mascara but like lip gloss

Waterford

"Ok so after having a discussion it seems that men prefer the "natural look" as regards makeup. I was trying to explain (as a massive lover of makeup) that even a "natural makeup" look is still a good bit of makeup. Now obviously everyone has their own ideas as not everyone is into makeup so fellas what in your opinion what is a natural makeup look and what are your turn off as regards makeup hey this is a question. Over the past year or two I have found makeup less attractive I started to realise that women have nice skin as it is and putting makeup on particularly foundation it looks silly in my opinion. I dont mind lipstick or mascara as I find they give the womans face character. I lived in germany for a year and none of the girls over there wear makeup and as I done some travelling you start to realise that a high percentage of irish and English Scottish Welsh girls are all into makeup. Hope this helps but this is just my opinion I'm sure other lads might disagree "

Yes i get you. I suppose its different maybe in terms of looking for a potential partner. For me i do it for myself and himself loves it when i have makeup on. I dont do instagram style but i like a full face. I dont wear it to impress people. But i have gotten some negative comments about wearing too much (in their opinion)

on the hill NordWest of

"Ok so after having a discussion it seems that men prefer the "natural look" as regards makeup. I was trying to explain (as a massive lover of makeup) that even a "natural makeup" look is still a good bit of makeup. Now obviously everyone has their own ideas as not everyone is into makeup so fellas what in your opinion what is a natural makeup look and what are your turn off as regards makeup hey this is a question. Over the past year or two I have found makeup less attractive I started to realise that women have nice skin as it is and putting makeup on particularly foundation it looks silly in my opinion. I dont mind lipstick or mascara as I find they give the womans face character. I lived in germany for a year and none of the girls over there wear makeup and as I done some travelling you start to realise that a high percentage of irish and English Scottish Welsh girls are all into makeup. Hope this helps but this is just my opinion I'm sure other lads might disagree "

Fully agree with your observations abroad and here. The thick layer make up is a UK/Ireland thing.

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

"To me natural make up look is to use make up to pronounce and enhance your features. The natural skin complexion is visible. In other words the person can be still recognized when she's wearing no make up.

It doesn't include plastering your skin with 1cm of foundation and anything fake such as tan, eye lashes, eyebrows, fingernails. "

the huge fake eyelashes look is awful.

By *sbotangoMan  over a year ago

Close by

Definitely appreciate a lady who goes to the trouble of beautifying herself. Not just for me but for herself. Suppose us guys get off lightly with a shower an a shave and alittle male grooming tbf

I am definitely a natural look type tales me five minutes to do my make up. Plus I never wear fake tan. I have never got any complaints about my Casper the Friendly Ghost look! I do love my red lipstick as the user suggests. Something very sultry about red lips

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

Nothing worse than a thick layer of foundation

What on earth is under that layer that needs it that thick

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

I’m a less is more girl when it comes to makeup. A little foundation to balance skin colour and usually a light lipstick during the day and something a little more dramatic for a night out. But I don’t do lash extensions or anything like that. Mainly cos I’m too lazy for all the effort. Lol

It’s funny I do appreciate when a girl goes all out with the make up but it’s more the yes you look great and holy crap you’ve gone too all this effort in front of the mirror I’ve just had a shower trimmed the beard and splashed some aftershave on . I don’t think it’s a necessary thing though as if I fancy you I’m not going to be no you didn’t put on makeup

Even my "natural" makeup can take an hour and a half lol...blend, blend, blend. It's almost more difficult to make it look like you aren't wearing any

Waterford

"Even my "natural" makeup can take an hour and a half lol...blend, blend, blend. It's almost more difficult to make it look like you aren't wearing any"

yesss so much this lol. himself got me the blank canvas full brush set for christmas and i cant wait to try them out

By *eta74Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

Love getting my hair and makeup done for a night out, it makes feel good and sexy,

Never were it in the daytime or at work lol

If I could do my own makeup I probably would wear it more often, but I can't do all that blending and highlighting lol

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

I like to keep my makeup pretty natural but it still takes a bit of work

I am a huge lipstick fan but

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Not a make up person at all. Minimum on a night out but have had it done professionally a few times and never felt comfortable with it plastered on

Dont even wear it on coffee meets.....if they dont like what they see then tough

Waterford

"Love getting my hair and makeup done for a night out, it makes feel good and sexy,

Never were it in the daytime or at work lol

If I could do my own makeup I probably would wear it more often, but I can't do all that blending and highlighting lol "

Practice makes perfect. I love my highlighters. Especially during summer lol. Im like a shiny disco ball

Waterford

"Not a make up person at all. Minimum on a night out but have had it done professionally a few times and never felt comfortable with it plastered on

Dont even wear it on coffee meets.....if they dont like what they see then tough "

Lol

Not a fan off lots off make up.

Rather see the natural look with just a hint off eyeliner and lipstick.

On a lady that is by the way

By *oeDolansBrotherMan  over a year ago

South county

"Even my "natural" makeup can take an hour and a half lol...blend, blend, blend. It's almost more difficult to make it look like you aren't wearing any"

Wow, and hour and half for the easy version. Bet all the guys look at is the boobs unless there’s a tiny smudge to pass a remark about. Seems to be hard being a woman.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

Less is more imo but each to their own .

I hate feel of lots of makeup.. good skin a touch of mascara, I good to go...lilred

By *ysteryman2009Man  over a year ago

Ireland

Each to their own, users choice. Personally I don't use any, I have good natural skin

By *NawtyCplCouple  over a year ago

Around and about

I enjoy make up

Always have. If I wear none I feel my face looks dull and ordinary. I like highlighting my lips or eyes or evening out my complexion. It makes me feel more confident. I can and do go without it for sports and such but most days, I'm wearing it

Waterford

"I enjoy make up

Always have. If I wear none I feel my face looks dull and ordinary. I like highlighting my lips or eyes or evening out my complexion. It makes me feel more confident. I can and do go without it for sports and such but most days, I'm wearing it "

Yay twinsies. Xxxxx

I don't wear make-up at all most days, and my idea of full make-up is minimal foundation, mascara and, if I'm really pulling out all the stops, lipstick. It takes less than 5 minutes. I couldn't be arsed with any more.

By *razySexyCoolCorkWoman  over a year ago

Cork

"I enjoy make up

Always have. If I wear none I feel my face looks dull and ordinary. I like highlighting my lips or eyes or evening out my complexion. It makes me feel more confident. I can and do go without it for sports and such but most days, I'm wearing it "

This is me. I wear make up most days. Covers the dark circles etc. I'd make more of an effort for a night out so I guess my daily make up is pretty natural looking.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think natural is like brown and beige mattes, BB cream, MLBB sort of thing. Can't be arsed, I'd rather see a difference lol

I rarely wear makeup, and when I do its limited to eyeliner and lip gloss. Nights out maybe a little but more.

In saying all that, I have fake eyelashes on 24/7.. They make me feel like I've made an effort even when I haven't.

on the hill NordWest of

"I think natural is like brown and beige mattes, BB cream, MLBB sort of thing. Can't be arsed, I'd rather see a difference lol"

What's BB cream or MLBB? Never heard of it. Sounds like some sort of kinky lube used in the bdsm scene.

Manchester (she/her)

"I think natural is like brown and beige mattes, BB cream, MLBB sort of thing. Can't be arsed, I'd rather see a difference lol

What's BB cream or MLBB? Never heard of it. Sounds like some sort of kinky lube used in the bdsm scene. "

Lol!

BB cream or variants is like tinted moisturiser. Lighter than foundation.

MLBB is "my lips but better". It's a common acronym when talking about a very natural looking nude lipstick. (So my MLBB in my collection is Mac Modesty. Very similar to my natural lip colour, adds a little sheen and evenness. But everyone's lip colour is different)

Bring on the slap!!!! Makes me feel a million times better

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

It's possible to wear lots of make-up and still look natural

Manchester (she/her)

"It's possible to wear lots of make-up and still look natural "

As the OP says, in fact.

In fact sometimes "natural" is more makeup

on the hill NordWest of

"It's possible to wear lots of make-up and still look natural "

Yeah not so sure about that one. Also what's the point? If you wanna look natural just stay natural without loads of make up.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's possible to wear lots of make-up and still look natural

Yeah not so sure about that one. Also what's the point? If you wanna look natural just stay natural without loads of make up. "

Because natural under a pile of makeup is perfect skin, glowing eyes, etc. Not... normal.

on the hill NordWest of

Yeah not so sure about that one. Also what's the point? If you wanna look natural just stay natural without loads of make up.

Because natural under a pile of makeup is perfect skin, glowing eyes, etc. Not... normal."

Hu? I think you lost me there. A skin complexion looks natural because of it's imperfections and slight differences in colour, once you go perfect with make-up you'll obviously loose that. Anyhow each on their own.

Manchester (she/her)

Because natural under a pile of makeup is perfect skin, glowing eyes, etc. Not... normal.

Hu? I think you lost me there. A skin complexion looks natural because of it's imperfections and slight differences in colour, once you go perfect with make-up you'll obviously loose that. Anyhow each on their own. "

Natural makeup is a special effect. Not one I do, I must say!

on the hill NordWest of

Hu? I think you lost me there. A skin complexion looks natural because of it's imperfections and slight differences in colour, once you go perfect with make-up you'll obviously loose that. Anyhow each on their own.

Natural makeup is a special effect. Not one I do, I must say!"

Ok I get it, as you might have noticed I know very little about make up, lipstick and mascara is as far as I go.

Manchester (she/her)

It's a hobby of mine. To each their own of course

But back to the OP, it is common to hear men say that they like women looking natural. When what they like, in practice, is a specific makeup effect (creation of subtle shadows, blurring imperfections, rather than an obvious mask with lots of bright colours)

I feel prettier with make up, but it's done fairly natural

No make up on my day off tho, I like to let my skin breath 2 days a week

"I enjoy make up

Same

It’s taking it all back off again especially after a long 12 hour day so less is more for me, but when I’m going out I will make the effort, also hubby loves acrylic painted nails so I try to put them on for him when I get the chance too

Manchester (she/her)

"It’s taking it all back off again especially after a long 12 hour day so less is more for me, but when I’m going out I will make the effort, also hubby loves acrylic painted nails so I try to put them on for him when I get the chance too "

Oil based remover, double cleanse. My only issue is waterproof mascara

By *agherafeltmanMan  over a year ago

magherafelt

Less is definitely more. All this silver contouring cheekbones just looks silly.

The natural look is the best look. The problem lies with some ladies who think they are plastering contractors and buttering on a first coat of tan then a second coat of foundation and then bronzer. Then you got the finishing coats with eye liner and blusher and an array of colours you finish it off. Its crazy and looks awful and an absolute turn off for me. 2 inches of make up ...yuk

By *ipskyMan  over a year ago

: An Autumn Haze

That polyfilla look that finishes around the jawline / hairline is awful.

I am a sucker for black eyeliner, smokey eye shadow though. That's all that's req in my book. If make-up is being applied at all. Love a natural face too.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Irish women are pretty bad at makeup and fashion in general.

Orange, wobbling around in high heels haha.

Anyway natural is just makeup with natural tones to hide and even out blemishes. Its not to bring out your natural elements, thats just makeup.

Manchester (she/her)

I love my makeup my way and will continue to do it that way

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"It's a hobby of mine. To each their own of course

But back to the OP, it is common to hear men say that they like women looking natural. When what they like, in practice, is a specific makeup effect (creation of subtle shadows, blurring imperfections, rather than an obvious mask with lots of bright colours)"

Yes, agree completely, they want to see a natural look rather than the obvious, dramatic effect. But what they also don't want to see is 'natural' in terms of blemishes, broken veins, acne etc.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's a hobby of mine. To each their own of course

But back to the OP, it is common to hear men say that they like women looking natural. When what they like, in practice, is a specific makeup effect (creation of subtle shadows, blurring imperfections, rather than an obvious mask with lots of bright colours)

Yes, agree completely, they want to see a natural look rather than the obvious, dramatic effect. But what they also don't want to see is 'natural' in terms of blemishes, broken veins, acne etc."

Yes. "Natural" not natural

By *olm_irishMan  over a year ago

naughtysville

"I love my makeup my way and will continue to do it that way "

Good on ya, you're right

Nothing wrong with a bit of make up but It dose amazes me how many naturally attractive young ladies plaster it on!

Here's the other thing...the amount of girl getting lip fillers! Again nothing wrong with it but some look like a fish!! Lol

Manchester (she/her)

It's all about what suits the person wearing it

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

south side

I prefer the completely natural, just out of the shower look. And roaring red lipstick frightens me.

Manchester (she/her)

I own more than ten red lipsticks

» Add a new message to this topic