FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Fab lessons learned

Fab lessons learned

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oreThanOnce OP   Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Someone made a remark, that it would be better to not "take FAB too seriously".

It was part of a bigger and very interesting reply on a very debated thread.

I think that we should "take Fab seriously, but don't take everyone on Fab seriously" and we will not be disappointed.

After more than a year here, both as a single and part of a couple, I realized that there are a lot of men, women and couples with whom is better not to interact at all.

Avoid them like the plague.

Forget about their "hot" pics, numerous "fantastic" veris, status updates, forum posts and comments.

Always be ready for the most shocking attitude.

Appreciate the ones treating you like a human being and always treat someone like you would want to be treated yourself.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"Someone made a remark, that it would be better to not "take FAB too seriously".

I think that we should "take Fab seriously, but don't take everyone on Fab seriously" and we will not be disappointed.

After more than a year here, both as a single and part of a couple, I realized that there are a lot of men, women and couples with whom is better not to interact at all.

Forget about their "hot" pics, numerous "fantastic" veris, status updates, forum posts and comments.

Appreciate the ones treating you like a human being and always treat someone like you would want to be treated yourself."

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Interesting viewpoint Op

but wouldn't not taking everybody on Fab seriously... ...imply messing them around???

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nice post. Being sex one wonderful exchange between two individuals it has to be taken seriously

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

south side

"Someone made a remark, that it would be better to not "take FAB too seriously".

Appreciate the ones treating you like a human being and always treat someone like you would want to be treated yourself.

"

I came across that this weekend. I cant understand the depth of feeling, insults and venom by some Fabbers. The discussions on the forum are meant to be random, whimsical, philosophical, and a sharing of views. Some forumites just want to win the argument at all costs. So, I took myself off to the France forum, where the topics of moving to France, Skiing, and naturist camping are a source of inspiration. I think I'll take the horse to France.

Dublin

"

Interesting viewpoint Op

but wouldn't not taking everybody on Fab seriously... ...imply messing them around???

"

No Tim, take everyone with a pinch of salt and avoid interacting with a lot, messing with no one!

By *hawshank.Man  over a year ago

local

Appreciate the ones treating you like a human being and always treat someone like you would want to be treated yourself."

Well said

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I don't think I will avoid people over some online posts.

As for having a serious attitude to finding no strings sex online from strangers? well I mean it probably works well, but I just am not that hard up for sex, I will just chat and if I make friends cool, and if I go on to have sex with them cool.

But I am not gonna put any serious effort into trying to convince someone to have sex with me, online or offline.

I'm not saying turn everything into a joke, I am just saying having a serious attitude to getting online sex isnt me, I'll just wear my heart on my sleeve and go with the flow/conversation/debate and if per chance a hottie doth like me, and I doth like the hottie back perhaps a sexual encounter will occur.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The trick is not to take yourself too seriously.

Dublin

"The trick is not to take yourself too seriously. "

If it works for you why not, but I have to confess, when I see it stated on someone's profile, it makes it hard for me to take them seriously too.

"The trick is not to take yourself too seriously. "

Bingo, fragile egos seems to be the real problem on the Ireland forum

By *illium_cobblersMan  over a year ago

swords & Derby

Serious is for the meet. Until then the odds are its not happening so best to keep it light otherwise you will be disappointed..

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman  over a year ago

Bangor

"The trick is not to take yourself too seriously.

Bingo, fragile egos seems to be the real problem on the Ireland forum"

I agree with you to a point but on the flipside there are an awful lot of people on the other end of the scale. I've been blocked for not sending a face pic with first message, yet they have no pictures of their own posted on profile!

I mean what is that all about?

I just fook about on fab most of the time.some like me some don't.some put up with me some won't.and some block. Lot a some's there lol

I agree with you to a point but on the flipside there are an awful lot of people on the other end of the scale. I've been blocked for not sending a face pic with first message, yet they have no pictures of their own posted on profile!

I mean what is that all about? "

That's arrogance, arrogant behaviour is also the result of insecurities. Someone who is confident has no need to treat others in this way.

I mean what is that all about? "

A Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

Seems to fit

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

agree op

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

If it works for you why not, but I have to confess, when I see it stated on someone's profile, it makes it hard for me to take them seriously too. "

I wouldn't put it up as a manifesto on my profile and I think you take it too literally. It's about having fun, live and let live, it's not a competition, not trying to please everyone but being yourself, being able to laugh at yourself and your own mistakes (ideally learn from them), trying with the risk to fail and finally don't take things too personally, laugh them off rather than letting them get at you.

Lovely accurate comments

By *onerrrMan  over a year ago

Northsideee

I applaud this.

I came across that this weekend. I cant understand the depth of feeling, insults and venom by some Fabbers. The discussions on the forum are meant to be random, whimsical, philosophical, and a sharing of views. Some forumites just want to win the argument at all costs. So, I took myself off to the France forum, where the topics of moving to France, Skiing, and naturist camping are a source of inspiration. I think I'll take the horse to France. "

And don't forget the kerrygold butter

"Serious is for the meet. Until then the odds are its not happening so best to keep it light otherwise you will be disappointed..

"

I laugh at lot at meets too

By *illium_cobblersMan  over a year ago

swords & Derby

"Serious is for the meet. Until then the odds are its not happening so best to keep it light otherwise you will be disappointed..

I laugh at lot at meets too "

especially when i drop me pants eh ?? !!

I laugh at lot at meets too

especially when i drop me pants eh ?? !! "

No thats when my poker face comes into play!

I think the " not to take fab too seriously " quote falls into the " don't be beating yourself up if you're not having mindblowing sex less than 24 hours after you join " category...we all know that people here will NOT be everyone's cuppa tea ,won't be their type ,or wont be their desire,won't agree with some stuff that's posted on forums..so l do think it's a total waste of trying to be all the aforementioned, and Gawwwd..please don't let a joint like fab take over your life ,as in , you've sent messages to ladies ,and next thing you're checking your phone every 30 seconds to see if they've replied ..or you start constantly checking to see who's on line or you're checking ladies Veri's and seeing that Joe Soap has had a meet verification with a certain lady you're trying to hit on and then think ." How the fuck did she meet him but won't meet me "?? And it starts to eat into you ...so I think that's what the " not to take fab too seriously " quote is all about ...cause if one let's all the crap in...very hard to get rid of it ..so .. prevention of such happenings is the key to having fun here... respect to people is first and foremost ..always ...and not taking the stuff that can go on here too Seriously or take it to heart

Kaizer's lesson!

Do not trust a single person on here - DTA

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Kaizer's lesson!

Do not trust a single person on here - DTA "

not everyone is bad

"Kaizer's lesson!

not everyone is bad "

Naughty.. But not bad lol

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Kaizer's lesson!

not everyone is bad

Naughty.. But not bad lol "

Exactly Rose it’s good to be naughty

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

Well put OP

"Kaizer's lesson!

not everyone is bad

Naughty.. But not bad lol

Exactly Rose it’s good to be naughty "

Kaizer is powerless against the ways of such buxom babes

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

I think people make the mistake of thinking that because we all share an interest in something that it makes us the same to some degree.. It does not, fab is just like any other online community, a cross section of society, with very differant outlooks and values. There are some amazing people here, there are also some complete pricks. We just avoid the pricks and let the negativity slide on, don't let it get under your skin

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"I think people make the mistake of thinking that because we all share an interest in something that it makes us the same to some degree.. It does not, fab is just like any other online community, a cross section of society, with very differant outlooks and values. There are some amazing people here, there are also some complete pricks. We just avoid the pricks and let the negativity slide on, don't let it get under your skin"

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

"Kaizer's lesson!

Do not trust a single person on here - DTA "

Exactly this...

At the end of day we are here to have fun...

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"Kaizer's lesson!

Exactly this...

At the end of day we are here to have fun... "

Fun fun and don't take no thanks as a negative its People's choice after all

» Add a new message to this topic