FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Socials

Socials

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arlo82 OP   Woman  over a year ago

the gym and random places

Hi,

I've recently been over to Belfast and since been asked by quite a few if I'd host a social in Belfast.

Was wondering general consensus as it's only been 20 or so folk who have asked

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd be interested also. I imagine this thread will fill up with many other interested folk

By *otentialhandfulWoman  over a year ago

Banbridge NORTHERN IRELAND

Great idea! count me in please x

By *andydevineMan  over a year ago

sligo

Belfast is a great city and plenty of like minded people there. I'd very much enjoy a good social night out in Belfast.

I’d be interested Darlo

Promising then.... if I can help get socials going and people meeting up I will

Would definitely be interested

"Would definitely be interested "

Ace - I'll look into venues and keep you all posted

Yea would be good fun who doesn't love a social

We would love a good night out..

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Might be interested depending on the date and if I can get it off work.

"Might be interested depending on the date and if I can get it off work. "

Prob end Feb or March really

By *ornyandwellhungMan  over a year ago

belfast

"Might be interested depending on the date and if I can get it off work. "

Just tell your boss you need off Bo, I’m sure he/she would understand.

By *ornyandwellhungMan  over a year ago

belfast

[Removed by poster at 04/01/20 10:35:12]

By *unnitoesWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"Promising then.... if I can help get socials going and people meeting up I will "

An interesting situation here. Not being cheeky but how would your social differ from any of those hosted by well thought of local organisers here?xx

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

There already are local organisers hosting socials in January, February and March this year.

Local, experienced and pretty well known organizers at that.

You must have come to Belfast with your eyes closed as in December only there were held 3 different socials.

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Might be interested depending on the date and if I can get it off work.

Prob end Feb or March really "

Ah I have already 2 I am going to around that time on in Belfast. So will probably just stick to those ones as I have those dates all booked off already.

To be fair there is usually one in Belfast every couple of months by different people.

But I guess not everyone can make them all so more won't do any harm to have more I just can't take more time off around that time

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Might be interested depending on the date and if I can get it off work.

Just tell your boss you need off Bo, I’m sure he/she would understand. "

Oh ye I can see that alright especially as I've booked 2 dates off already lol

Belfast

We would have one every month but we have to respect the fact that there are also a few other people who like to organise socials. With Belfast and even Northern Ireland being such a small place, there has to be a mutual respect. We would hate to think we were stepping on anyone's toes and for that reason we watch to see what others are planning before we organise something.

Somewhere in Co. Down

"We would have one every month but we have to respect the fact that there are also a few other people who like to organise socials. With Belfast and even Northern Ireland being such a small place, there has to be a mutual respect. We would hate to think we were stepping on anyone's toes and for that reason we watch to see what others are planning before we organise something."

Your ones are meany to be good craic as well hopefully I'll make the next one.

Belfast

"We would have one every month but we have to respect the fact that there are also a few other people who like to organise socials. With Belfast and even Northern Ireland being such a small place, there has to be a mutual respect. We would hate to think we were stepping on anyone's toes and for that reason we watch to see what others are planning before we organise something.

Your ones are meany to be good craic as well hopefully I'll make the next one. "

They are really good craic and we enjoy hosting so much. We have made so many friends and hope to make lots more. And yes you will be getting an invite to the next one which will be confirmed by next week.

Somewhere in Co. Down

"We would have one every month but we have to respect the fact that there are also a few other people who like to organise socials. With Belfast and even Northern Ireland being such a small place, there has to be a mutual respect. We would hate to think we were stepping on anyone's toes and for that reason we watch to see what others are planning before we organise something.

Your ones are meany to be good craic as well hopefully I'll make the next one.

They are really good craic and we enjoy hosting so much. We have made so many friends and hope to make lots more. And yes you will be getting an invite to the next one which will be confirmed by next week. "

Socials are mighty craic

Plenty of room for more and different people to arrange social events. Go for it

"Promising then.... if I can help get socials going and people meeting up I will

An interesting situation here. Not being cheeky but how would your social differ from any of those hosted by well thought of local organisers here?xx"

I've been hosting for several years and have had a lot of people from NI attend. They and others I know have asked me if I would consider hosting one. It isn't a def yes or to say mine would be different. Might just attract different people and some from outside NI also attending. It makes the scene a bit more inclusive xx

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 04/01/20 18:27:55]

Belfast

"Promising then.... if I can help get socials going and people meeting up I will

An interesting situation here. Not being cheeky but how would your social differ from any of those hosted by well thought of local organisers here?xx

I've been hosting for several years and have had a lot of people from NI attend. They and others I know have asked me if I would consider hosting one. It isn't a def yes or to say mine would be different. Might just attract different people and some from outside NI also attending. It makes the scene a bit more inclusive xx"

We absolutely get what you are saying 100%. We get people who come from all over Ireland and it's great but we wouldn't go hosting one in Dublin as there are people down there hosting already. Nobody is saying you shouldn't give it a go. To be honest we cant see it doing any harm but you just need to be mindful of what the local organisers here are already doing. We would never run an event in close proximity or near the same date as someone else

It's not a business. More the merrier

Belfast

"It's not a business. More the merrier "

Nobody said it was but if you go booking a function room which can range up to £150-£700 depending on location. Add your entertainment to that and party bags and buffet or canapes and it can come to quite a bit. After all you are catering for between 60-200 people. It might not be a business but u have to treat it as such in order for it to be a success. U should give it a go.

"It's not a business. More the merrier

Nobody said it was but if you go booking a function room which can range up to £150-£700 depending on location. Add your entertainment to that and party bags and buffet or canapes and it can come to quite a bit. After all you are catering for between 60-200 people. It might not be a business but u have to treat it as such in order for it to be a success. U should give it a go."

Already do thanks.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Jesus - the girl looked to gauge interest for holding a social - she didn’t ask anyone for a kidney ffs

So much for Irish hospitality

[Removed by poster at 04/01/20 20:19:02]

Nobody said it was but if you go booking a function room which can range up to £150-£700 depending on location. Add your entertainment to that and party bags and buffet or canapes and it can come to quite a bit. After all you are catering for between 60-200 people. It might not be a business but u have to treat it as such in order for it to be a success. U should give it a go. Already do thanks. "

Good for you.

Looks like your argument was simply an excuse to have a bitch about something then.

Nobody said it was but if you go booking a function room which can range up to £150-£700 depending on location. Add your entertainment to that and party bags and buffet or canapes and it can come to quite a bit. After all you are catering for between 60-200 people. It might not be a business but u have to treat it as such in order for it to be a success. U should give it a go. Already do thanks.

Good for you.

Looks like your argument was simply an excuse to have a bitch about something then. "

lol arguement?

» Add a new message to this topic