FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Start weight loss

Start weight loss

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Starting the weight loss now. Today I started it all again. It's the same every year. I lose weight and then fall of the rails when work gets busy or holiday times. Would love to get chatting to anyone else losing and keep each other motivated. Good to be in it together. I want to lose about 21-25lbs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

Hey OP.

I find setting mini goals helps. So say you have something on in Feb....that's a mini goal. Not too far away so helps keep the focus. Once you meet that, set another one & another one etc.

Best of luck!

"Hey OP.

I find setting mini goals helps. So say you have something on in Feb....that's a mini goal. Not too far away so helps keep the focus. Once you meet that, set another one & another one etc.

Best of luck!"

This was my mini goal lol. Last year I lost about 30lbs but put some back obviously. I just wanna feel happier in myself again

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Im in the same boat OP. I lost over 30 odd pounds up til the middle of the year and then shit happened in our personal lives and gym/diet went out the window. Im going back to the gym next week but from tomorrow on im going to start eating better. I didnt look at it as a diet per se, i just counted up what calorie deficit i needed to be on and went from there. If i wanted a piece of cake id have it but id work it into my calorie quota for the day and the weight dropped off. Christmas is a killer with all the sweets etc but thank god they are nearly all gone now and i can start with a clear mind and belly again lol. Plus were going on holiday in june so i want to look some bit decent and toned in my swimsuit

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Starting the weight loss now. Today I started it all again. It's the same every year. I lose weight and then fall of the rails when work gets busy or holiday times. Would love to get chatting to anyone else losing and keep each other motivated. Good to be in it together. I want to lose about 21-25lbs "

Right, your issue right not is your terminology. Your situation is not a "weight loss"...it is a significant health gain. Every pound or kilo u lose, is a step to being a healthier person. There is no loss in that, just a personal mammoth gain to get u on the road of health and fitness. U can do it.

I can do it. It's def not a diet as they are all fads. I just cut my portion sizes and stopped buying the chocolate in the garages as I travel ireland. Being in car driving alot was my killer. Boredom.

Am just going to staple my gob shut for a month - simple

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"Am just going to staple my gob shut for a month - simple "
Get some decent pictures taken 2020

"Am just going to staple my gob shut for a month - simple "

Haha I could do that too

So no other fitness goals for 2020?

Know that feeling

Lost 61/2 stone in 37 weeks few yrs ago

Had hip replacement earlier this year so back on about 4 stone

Need to get stuck in again

So here’s the challenge !!!

Anyone interested in joining a group on here to keep one another motivated and hit our goals ??

It’s a lifestyle change not think of it as being fat and dieting

I never ate as much while doing it .. but obviously the right foods with my treats also

Thanks to SlimmingWorld

Cmon peeps let’s get this sh t sorted .

Body Magic helps too (wink wink )

"Know that feeling

Anyone interested in joining a group on here to keep one another motivated and hit our goals ??

"

wow that's some going. U just go to slimming world?

"Know that feeling

wow that's some going. U just go to slimming world? "

Yes

Joining up again next week

By *iving guy95Man  over a year ago

lusk

I lost 3 stone 2 years ago but it takes work to keep it off I never let my self go more than 3 kilos over my target weigh.gym 3 days a week and watch what I eat

By *ymbunny35Woman  over a year ago

Cork

I'm down 6.5stone last year. Still keeping on track thankfully. Hit my goal weight and will continue to train in 2020. Love being in the gym.

Great to hear all the successes . Well tonight is the last few hours of 2019. 2020 is a more positive year for all of us in the get healthy lifestyle

The main thing is to just not think it will be done over night. Yes you can have good results and then a setback but instead of letting it stop all progress just continue when your able to. I am down 5 stone in 2.5 years and it has been a struggle. Also dont be afraid to ask for help when you need it

Well done everyone

It’s tough

I’ve been off the rails but the positive thing is I know it’s possible to do it all over again

Mind over Matter Believe & You’ll Achieve

"Know that feeling

"

Im very interested

By *exyDownUnderWoman  over a year ago

Westmeath

"Know that feeling

Im very interested"

I'd be up for joining a group too.

"Know that feeling

Im very interested

I'd be up for joining a group too."

Well let’s kick ass and get it going after tomorrow

We could set up a group

PM if your interested and set a Fab goal each ant a cumulative loss at end of each month

Where we setting group ?

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’m in too.

I'm in great idea

I lost ten stone this year. Total overhaul of my life. No fad diets just totally changing how I live my life. Good luck OP.

"Starting the weight loss now. Today I started it all again. It's the same every year. I lose weight and then fall of the rails when work gets busy or holiday times. Would love to get chatting to anyone else losing and keep each other motivated. Good to be in it together. I want to lose about 21-25lbs "

I lost 14 pound in 5 weeks a Mediterranean diet I used, and im still loosing

"I lost ten stone this year. Total overhaul of my life. No fad diets just totally changing how I live my life. Good luck OP. "

Congratulations to you

Yes it’s a Massive Transformation of ones life

I swore I’d never go back to where I was ...

yes I slipped off the bandwagon but determined to get back to goal

It wasn’t a diet it was putting a proper food plan in place and sticking to it

"I lost ten stone this year. Total overhaul of my life. No fad diets just totally changing how I live my life. Good luck OP. "
that's absolutely fabulous well done.

Try 16/8 IT

I lost 3 stone since the summer

I'm looking to drop 14 Kilos this year, have done it before but I just love my food!

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

"Know that feeling

"

Sounds like a great idea, we would be in

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

If you can add that much weight in that short time, then its not food you love, its dopamine.

If you go onto a diet of chicken and rice and your mood takes a nose dive off a cliff and first time you hit a bad experience you eat unhelathy foods, then its not the food, its the dopamine.

Westmeath

"If you can add that much weight in that short time, then its not food you love, its dopamine.

If you go onto a diet of chicken and rice and your mood takes a nose dive off a cliff and first time you hit a bad experience you eat unhelathy foods, then its not the food, its the dopamine."

After reading that, it would be handy to have a Nutritionist in the group for guidance. I'm sure we all want to know which vitamins and supplements to take. As we all have different individual needs in that regard.

See the thing is ,like all things in life , losing weight is one thing , keeping it off is completely something different. You have those whose make up/DNA consists of a high metabolism so they can eat what they want ,do maybe a small bit of exercise and not put on an ounce then of course you have those that just have to look at food and zoom..the weight piles on .. personally I think everything about this issue is ,also like a lot of things , discipline,and the ability for the person to be REALISTIC in what they hope to achieve ,stay off the scales,bin the f***king thing ..it's THE MOST depressing thing any one can use ,imagine someone thinking they've worked hard ,done great ,then step up on the scales only to see they've only dropped 1 Ib..how demoralising is that ??.. use clothes as your guage ..we all have our demon's regards weight ,fitness etc , especially as one gets that bit older every year and the body slows down or even stops producing the natural essentials that make losing weight that bit easier but the one thing to do is never lose heart ,enjoy the journey or adventure of getting oneself fitter and healthier , everyone is different ,take everything in your stride ,and be kind to yourself do NOT beat yourself up if you don't reach the goals you've set yourself ,and do NOT be comparing yourself to others,be truthful and honest to yourself in your endeavours and have fun and enjoy doing it .

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

"If you can add that much weight in that short time, then its not food you love, its dopamine.

If you go onto a diet of chicken and rice and your mood takes a nose dive off a cliff and first time you hit a bad experience you eat unhelathy foods, then its not the food, its the dopamine.

After reading that, it would be handy to have a Nutritionist in the group for guidance. I'm sure we all want to know which vitamins and supplements to take. As we all have different individual needs in that regard."

If you eat a food that is high in both fat/sugar, then it is a combination that does not exist in nature. Our bodies never evolved to handle it.

When you ingest it, your brain gives a pleasure release of dopanine to tell you to not stop eating it. Your body sees there is a lot of fat and carbs in the food, and puts a priority on storing the fat, to do this it has to store the carbs as fat too. So the whole meal, every single bite of it gets stored as fat, while your brain releases dopamine making you eat every single last bit of it.

This is really easily demonstrated.

Boil 2 big potatoes, and try eat them, dont add any butter, just boil them and try eat them. Your body will probably send a "full" signal halfway through the second, also you wont enjoy the processes.

Now add cheese on top, all you are doing here is increasing the carb to fat ratio, you can add any fat on top. You will now be able to finish both.

Now take it a step further, roast them in duck fat and you will suddenly be able to eat 3 or 4 potatoes, while enjoying every second of it, as dopamine is released more.

This is why its called comfort eating. Icecream is 50 percent fat 50 percent sugar. Doughnuts, chocolate.

But companies who make processed food know this. So things like tomoato ketchup, they artifically increase the carb/fat ratio to give you a dopamine hit. This can cause you to store the whole entire meal as fat.

So the reason you will sit there and eat too much its not cause you love the food, its cause youre eating a food that is giving you a dopamine or pleasure response, and when its doing that youre probably storing every single bite as fat.

So have big portions of normal healthy meals, and then small portions of treats like a chocolate bar with a cup of tea later, at least then youll only convert a tiny amount to fat.

Thats my advice.

By *eanbelfastMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Today marks six weeks without sugar. Running 5 miles a day...no meat, dairy or flour. No caffeine! The change has been fantastic! I feel great! Zero alcohol! A healthy diet, a healthy vegan diet, gluten free, caffeine-free, sugar-free, and a 2-hour workout everyday. Lost 15 pounds of fat and gained muscle mass.

I don't know whose status this is, but I was really proud of them. So I decided to copy and paste.

Westmeath

So ... whose setting up this wee group then??

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"Today marks six weeks without sugar. Running 5 miles a day...no meat, dairy or flour. No caffeine! The change has been fantastic! I feel great! Zero alcohol! A healthy diet, a healthy vegan diet, gluten free, caffeine-free, sugar-free, and a 2-hour workout everyday. Lost 15 pounds of fat and gained muscle mass.

I don't know whose status this is, but I was really proud of them. So I decided to copy and paste. "

Ha ha .... I was thinking... how da fuq does he manage to have any energy for sex.

"Today marks six weeks without sugar. Running 5 miles a day...no meat, dairy or flour. No caffeine! The change has been fantastic! I feel great! Zero alcohol! A healthy diet, a healthy vegan diet, gluten free, caffeine-free, sugar-free, and a 2-hour workout everyday. Lost 15 pounds of fat and gained muscle mass.

I don't know whose status this is, but I was really proud of them. So I decided to copy and paste. "

Ha ha ha

"Know that feeling

"

We'd both be interested in a group if one was being set up

I need a motivation group

I've brought my gym gear to work with me 5 days in a row and keep finding excuses not to go and the gym is next door to me

I need a gym buddy I hate going on my own

"I need a motivation group

I've brought my gym gear to work with me 5 days in a row and keep finding excuses not to go and the gym is next door to me

I need a gym buddy I hate going on my own "

I’ll carry your bag and motivate you.

Yes hopefully get it up and running in the next few days .

Get all the treats out of the house and get in the right frame of mind

Then we hit the ground running and get the results we need

1lb per week will be 3st 8lbs loss by Christmas 2020

I avaraged 2 1/2 lbs per week with No Exercise

Just lifestyle change of food

By *kblueeyesCouple  over a year ago

kilkenny

Treats out as and from tonight, mini goals fab parties want to look good x

By *at3232Woman  over a year ago

the moon

I’ll carry your bag and motivate you.

Yes hopefully get it up and running in the next few days .

Get all the treats out of the house and get in the right frame of mind

Then we hit the ground running and get the results we need

1lb per week will be 3st 8lbs loss by Christmas 2020

I avaraged 2 1/2 lbs per week with No Exercise

Just lifestyle change of food

"

Sounds good!

Belfast

I need a gym buddy I hate going on my own "

You’ll be grand once you get into the swing of things At least your gym gear is going to work with you so your are at the least lifting a heavy bag into the office and home lol

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

No alcohol left in the house.

One slice of Christmas cake left.

Walked a total of 7km today.

So, it's looking good for toning up and getting fitter.

The beautiful spring day outside helped.

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 01/01/20 19:23:58]

Belfast

I don't know whose status this is, but I was really proud of them. So I decided to copy and paste.

Ha ha .... I was thinking... how da fuq does he manage to have any energy for sex. "

Always prioritise. Don’t think about what you can’t have think about what you can do. A passionate 30minute sex session burns between 100-300 calories !!! People just need to sign up to more FAB workout sessions lol

Day one over! My first weigh in was 86kg this morning. Want to 75kg

You’ll be grand once you get into the swing of things At least your gym gear is going to work with you so your are at the least lifting a heavy bag into the office and home lol"

That's what I was thinking

Belfast

You’ll be grand once you get into the swing of things At least your gym gear is going to work with you so your are at the least lifting a heavy bag into the office and home lol

That's what I was thinking "

You’ll end up with great triceps and to think carrying new shoes in shopping bags can do the same lol

You’ll end up with great triceps and to think carrying new shoes in shopping bags can do the same lol"

I've been working from boxing day, would know what a bargain pair of shoes like

You’ll end up with great triceps and to think carrying new shoes in shopping bags can do the same lol

I've been working from boxing day, would know what a bargain pair of shoes like "

so you need a good foot rub as well as gym buddy

Belfast

I've been working from boxing day, would know what a bargain pair of shoes like "

Sure they are all bargains if they look nice

"Know that feeling

"

Sounds like a great idea I’m up for that, well done too on the incredible weight loss too

Is there a group set up yet?

Remember it's all about consistency

No group set up yet. We can either create new chat on this or a kik group ? What's everyones thoughts? If on this then more can join in. Went got the shopping in today. Have to do the prepping now

By *rit on shannonMan  over a year ago

portumna

great idea and great to get the group support always helps i find. i have done a couple of the Joe wicks plans and they do work went off the wagon in the summer when injured my knee on a 10k run and have been 5 months with no exercise so back on it from monday

Now make sure you stick to that monday! Not going to lie I was gonna use the line I'll start monday after new years but decided to bite the bullet. So up and started already

portumna

"Now make sure you stick to that monday! Not going to lie I was gonna use the line I'll start monday after new years but decided to bite the bullet. So up and started already "

well.done you ! i decided monday as i have dads birthday tomorrow so know will be a big dinner so thought use the weekend to prep some meals and kick off on monday when fully in a work routine and get the exercise in the morning from the start

Westmeath

"No group set up yet. We can either create new chat on this or a kik group ? What's everyones thoughts? If on this then more can join in. Went got the shopping in today. Have to do the prepping now "

Kik group would be better. Then you don't have to divulge your personal phone number.

By *avidc2019Man  over a year ago

dublin

Fair play op I started yesterday eating better and set a target of 5 mile a day walking think everybody is doing the same it’s sticking to healthy eating is the problem I looooove chocolate and costa coffee I’ll struggle with them most,the exercise won’t be the issue my eating will

"Fair play op I started yesterday eating better and set a target of 5 mile a day walking think everybody is doing the same it’s sticking to healthy eating is the problem I looooove chocolate and costa coffee I’ll struggle with them most,the exercise won’t be the issue my eating will "
I used to be really bad with Coffees out and then realised how much I was literally pissing away lol. I stopped buying coffee out to save money like a tight ass. I was having 3 a day, which was worth about 40 a week ouch! I also wanted a bun/choc with them

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

Day 2,and another 6km walk. Didn't eat too much, my plan is to eat the fridge empty over the next few days, and then only eat fresh food every day.

By *rash26775Man  over a year ago

all over

If there’s a group being set up please Keane know I lost 9kg end of last year and I’m looking to loose another 20 this year

Hi

This thankfully is something I do know about. Secret about weight loss is not to lose weight rapidly. Weight consists of eating too much of bad foods at wrong times. I have maintained same weight for last 10 years and I would have been prone to put on weight easily. I still have a drink and I allow myself treats. i excercise everyday and I drink the mandatory 2 litres of water. However the one difference I made is I got rid of processed foods and sauces and cook my own .

I do not eat after 6 pm that was a bummer at start but after a week it was routine. I ditched drink during week and kept it to fri.sat. Secret don't try to lose it fast .

portumna

"Hi

This thankfully is something I do know about. Secret about weight loss is not to lose weight rapidly. Weight consists of eating too much of bad foods at wrong times. I have maintained same weight for last 10 years and I would have been prone to put on weight easily. I still have a drink and I allow myself treats. i excercise everyday and I drink the mandatory 2 litres of water. However the one difference I made is I got rid of processed foods and sauces and cook my own .

I do not eat after 6 pm that was a bummer at start but after a week it was routine. I ditched drink during week and kept it to fri.sat. Secret don't try to lose it fast ."

heard good things about the time restricted eating and how sticking to an 8-10 hour eating window helps your body process the food you eat better, so you eat the same but less is wasted and converted to fat stores

By *otmomaWoman  over a year ago

dublin

"Fair play op I started yesterday eating better and set a target of 5 mile a day walking think everybody is doing the same it’s sticking to healthy eating is the problem I looooove chocolate and costa coffee I’ll struggle with them most,the exercise won’t be the issue my eating will "

I know that struggle lol Costa is my addiction, so now I've my own coffee machine at home and the syrups (sugar free haha)....

I'd be interested joining the group, could definitely do with motivation,, back to slimming world yday after a week off over Xmas and I was down 6.5lb and I need to keep going that way

Yea I just spent 50 quid on nespresso coffee pods lol

By *niqueeMan  over a year ago

Cork

Fantastic achievement-Hugh respect from me

I agree: successful weightloss is about lifestyle changes and takes time...following some kind of fad diet leads only temporary weight loss...

I lost more than 16 stone 5 years ago...took me 2.5 year to achieve this. Never followed any diet plan only made changes how to live my life and stick with it...I didn’t gain wary back in 7 years because I stick into this “new “ lifestyle

"Fantastic achievement-Hugh respect from me

I agree: successful weightloss is about lifestyle changes and takes time...following some kind of fad diet leads only temporary weight loss...

I lost more than 16 stone 5 years ago...took me 2.5 year to achieve this. Never followed any diet plan only made changes how to live my life and stick with it...I didn’t gain wary back in 7 years because I stick into this “new “ lifestyle "

good work! Yea I definitely think it's all about portion control. I generally just love food and eat too much. It's just calories in versus calories out.

the moon

"Fantastic achievement-Hugh respect from me

I lost more than 16 stone 5 years ago...took me 2.5 year to achieve this. Never followed any diet plan only made changes how to live my life and stick with it...I didn’t gain wary back in 7 years because I stick into this “new “ lifestyle "

Well done you

Cork

Aren’t we all love food too much - the reason we are carrying some extra on ourselves ??????Portion control and watching nutrients is the key!!

Cork

Thank you

FNtastic profile btw????

the moon

"Thank you

FNtastic profile btw????

"

thank you too x

Hows everyone getting on?

7lbs down this week... If I could just stop rewarding myself then with drink & food it would be great

Mrs

"7lbs down this week... If I could just stop rewarding myself then with drink & food it would be great

Mrs "

fair play girl

January 2017 I lost 11 stone of excess baggage in one day..I asked my husband for a divorce

I'm down 6.5 lbs this week but the first week you always lose loads of weight as it's all the rubbish in the body. This is now when the real work starts

I don't think you should focus on weight loss. That just becomes obsessive. We all have different body shapes so 80 kilos recommended in a BMI for one person is not realistic for another person with same height.

Like other poster recommended....focus on mini goals....but in your nutrition and training.

So if you're eating 5 take aways per week....reduce it to 4 every 2nd week and then 4 every week.

If you do 5 pressups one week....attempt 6 the next week and 7 the next week...etc. Same with squats....running or walking. It's about habit and sustainability.......don't kill yourself with excessive exercise or diets. You will hate it and fall off the wagon. You must enjoy it on some level.

Like enjoying the process of cooking a nutritious tasty meal and learning the skill.

Enjoying learning how to do a simple pressup correctly.

Focus on body shape not weight.

Forget about diet and focus on nutrition.

My fitness pal is a great app calorie counter plus daily reminders and it's a free app so even better

After festive season I have gained a few kgs

I was sick for a few weeks, so starting my new year resolution on Monday

By *ymguylMan  over a year ago

ennis

best of luck with it' one step at a time and your doing it for you ' no one else' but tip for you' it your training and it your time for you'

» Add a new message to this topic