FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > non swing related topic , gym topic ,need help

non swing related topic , gym topic ,need help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *razy-Cpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

and surrounding areas

ive being going to jym 5 days a week , only doing it a cpl weeks now , i relly enjoy it and cant see myself starting a day without a good session and then a 1km swim , yesterday was my cardio day , unfortunately i think i have torn my lower calf muscle ,im in sever pain with it , gutted to say the least , as that really puts a damper on things now , hoping to go to gym tomorow and do weights that i can sit or lie down and get some core work in too , nothing that involves putting weight on my legs ,but defo no swimming for a bit i think.

can anyone give me advice as how i should go about things now as i want to get back in full gym and swim as soon as i can.

a lost lady here

mrs crazy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allnhungMan  over a year ago

Cork

Rest and physical therapy im afraid,work your upper body to keep the interest going injuries are a pain(pardon the pun)

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Find a decent sports therapist or physio. Get them to look at it and diagnose. GPs aren't great with muscle injury, usually just give paracetamol and ibuprofen.

RICE principal. Rest, ice, compression, elevate.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you have tore the calf muscle you should see a physio and get their opinion as they will know just from feeling around the area. They will be able to advise on the best way to take it that your back in the gym and swimming. It is better to see someone as I am going to see someone about an issue with my knee that has hampered me a lot

and surrounding areas

"Rest and physical therapy im afraid,work your upper body to keep the interest going injuries are a pain(pardon the pun) "

yes thats what the plan is for now as weights are my fav part of the gym , i defo wont loose interest , well i hope not lol ive put too much work in the last few weeks so see it go to waste

mrs crazy

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

"Find a decent sports therapist or physio. Get them to look at it and diagnose. GPs aren't great with muscle injury, usually just give paracetamol and ibuprofen.

RICE principal. Rest, ice, compression, elevate."

Get it diagnosed properly as soon as possible and get a program for recovery from a proper physio or sports therapist, otherwise you risk doing more damage and being out of action. Also maybe build up slowly every other day rather than doing too much too quickly, giving your body time to recover between sessions

and surrounding areas

"Find a decent sports therapist or physio. Get them to look at it and diagnose. GPs aren't great with muscle injury, usually just give paracetamol and ibuprofen.

RICE principal. Rest, ice, compression, elevate.

Get it diagnosed properly as soon as possible and get a program for recovery from a proper physio or sports therapist, otherwise you risk doing more damage and being out of action. Also maybe build up slowly every other day rather than doing too much too quickly, giving your body time to recover between sessions "

thats the plan is to maybe only go every second day for awhile , i had monday for leg work , tue upper body , wens cardio , thur upper and friday full body , i have to cut out legs and cardio for awhile now ,

mrs crazy

By *artinaAndrewCouple  over a year ago

mountmellick

Get Mr Crazy to give it a good rub

Hope you feel better soon hun xxxx

and surrounding areas

"Get Mr Crazy to give it a good rub

Hope you feel better soon hun xxxx"

its not my leg i want him to rub

mrs crazy

By *hiaboutMan  over a year ago

johnstown

Get some ecto flam gel and gently rub in 4 times aday as well as ice regular u b right as rain in a few days

By *artinaAndrewCouple  over a year ago

mountmellick

"Get Mr Crazy to give it a good rub

Hope you feel better soon hun xxxx

its not my leg i want him to rub

mrs crazy "

Lol I'd say he's very willing

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"ive being going to jym 5 days a week , only doing it a cpl weeks now , i relly enjoy it and cant see myself starting a day without a good session and then a 1km swim , yesterday was my cardio day , unfortunately i think i have torn my lower calf muscle ,im in sever pain with it , gutted to say the least , as that really puts a damper on things now , hoping to go to gym tomorow and do weights that i can sit or lie down and get some core work in too , nothing that involves putting weight on my legs ,but defo no swimming for a bit i think.

can anyone give me advice as how i should go about things now as i want to get back in full gym and swim as soon as i can.

a lost lady here

mrs crazy "

------------------------

Am in the industry myself

so well done on the gym effort!

- First of all, you might need to start a stretching routine if you're doing a lot of weights & cardio. Women tend to get tight calves and achilles tendons especially if wearing heels often.

- Good basic exercises on the upper body like super setting 1. seated rows with 2. Seated chest press Machine. About 4-5 sets of 12 reps.

- Seated D/B Lateral Raises and then seated overhead D/B Tricep extensions. Seated position so no pressure at all on the calves.

- Knee Raises to work the lower abs

- Pilates 100's to work the deep core muscles

...Lastly, get yourself to a Physical Therapist for a 45 minute session on that calf of yours.

Best investment you can make!

By *iskmanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Hi Youtube these guys ' bob and brad calf pain ' they are a brilliant.

I actually came to this forum looking for a outdoor running partner 'manchester' Still looking fit even semi fit women

Good luck with your calve if its a tear it could take up to 6 months to a year to fully recover, luckily I know a fast and quick way. Inbox me for details if you want..

and surrounding areas

"Hi Youtube these guys ' bob and brad calf pain ' they are a brilliant.

I actually came to this forum looking for a outdoor running partner 'manchester' Still looking fit even semi fit women

Good luck with your calve if its a tear it could take up to 6 months to a year to fully recover, luckily I know a fast and quick way. Inbox me for details if you want.. "

unfortunately my Phisio thinks ive done my achillies in so its not going to be as easy as i thought , waiting on a scan

mrs crazy

By *urious2013cCouple  over a year ago

Co Cork

Hi I have a sore achilles tendon has anyone any advice

» Add a new message to this topic