FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Advice road tax trouble

Advice road tax trouble

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Last year I was stopped for no tax on the car fair enough my fault. I got a fix charged fine of 60 euro which I paid in time.

Now 2 months later I received the same fixed charge in my name but not in my car reg and it wasnt me I had noting to do with it.

Now almost 12 months later I am after getting the exact same thing of the exact same car which is not mine.

which I wasnt driving its just in my name now I have a summons..

all of this is issed by the same garda first time round who new it wasnt me an said it was a mistake noting ever happened.

but now this Any advice people? I am meeting the Garda later when hes on shift.

Remember I wasnt driving this car and its not mine and I paid my fine last year.. my head is wrecked now this is twice now the same flipping thing it has noting to do with me..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

But the car is in your name though?

[Removed by poster at 05/07/19 15:01:35]

"But the car is in your name though?"

no the car is not in my name I was never even in the car I dont even know who owns the car.

The only car thats in my name was my car that had no tax which I paid the fine for.

"But the car is in your name though?

no the car is not in my name I was never even in the car I dont even know who owns the car.

The only car thats in my name was my car that had no tax which I paid the fine for."

And the garda in question knows I paid the fine and I proof that I paid it on time.

Sounds like an admin mistake

"Sounds like an admin mistake "
its unbelievable surely the Garda can trace the owner of this car to his/her address

Do you have a twin?

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Hes probably come up with a scam that some people just pay, and if they dont a quick "whoops sorry" does the job.

At least he was in work and not doing the insurance fraud the cops do.

"Do you have a twin? "
no unfortunately

We shall what he says again when meet him tonight for the second time

By *owdyboy 890Man  over a year ago

Country West

Bring your log book of the car your driving at the moment so as to have proof that it's not your car when you got the summons when you meet him...

It looks like you sold the car but the person who bought it never sent away the change of ownership form. This is quite common and if so its a genuine mistake on yoyr part so if the garda cant sort it just turn up to court on your own and explain..the judge would normally be fair in this situation.

"It looks like you sold the car but the person who bought it never sent away the change of ownership form. This is quite common and if so its a genuine mistake on yoyr part so if the garda cant sort it just turn up to court on your own and explain..the judge would normally be fair in this situation."
I have never owned the car its not my car it never was

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"Hes probably come up with a scam that some people just pay, and if they dont a quick "whoops sorry" does the job.

At least he was in work and not doing the insurance fraud the cops do."

What insurance fraud is this surely if u know of fraud ud do the decent thing and give ur evidence to the propper authorities and have this exposed

city

"Hes probably come up with a scam that some people just pay, and if they dont a quick "whoops sorry" does the job.

What insurance fraud is this surely if u know of fraud ud do the decent thing and give ur evidence to the propper authorities and have this exposed "

Its being investigated, the scam involves claiming overtime when you get injured even though you had worked all your overtime possible. Some cops are only working 6 months a year on average, and all their time off is being paid to them as if they were working heavy overtime every day.

By *rishcouple12Couple  over a year ago

Cork County

What insurance fraud is this surely if u know of fraud ud do the decent thing and give ur evidence to the propper authorities and have this exposed

Its being investigated, the scam involves claiming overtime when you get injured even though you had worked all your overtime possible. Some cops are only working 6 months a year on average, and all their time off is being paid to them as if they were working heavy overtime every day."

Maybe we should get in AC12 and investigate these bent coppers

Well this went completely off topic

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

Someones just giving out your details instead of their own to avoid the fixed charge.

Youve got a summons now so you'll have to go to court and explain it there instead of just contacting the guards.

Do not under any circumstances ignore the summons because that will lead to them automatically finding you guilty and cause all sorts of headaches.

Just turn up in court on the day and explain the situation and it will be resolved.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"Last year I was stopped for no tax on the car fair enough my fault. I got a fix charged fine of 60 euro which I paid in time.

Now 2 months later I received the same fixed charge in my name but not in my car reg and it wasnt me I had noting to do with it.

Now almost 12 months later I am after getting the exact same thing of the exact same car which is not mine.

all of this is issed by the same garda first time round who new it wasnt me an said it was a mistake noting ever happened.

Remember I wasnt driving this car and its not mine and I paid my fine last year.. my head is wrecked now this is twice now the same flipping thing it has noting to do with me.. "

Just ignore it ..if you havent done anything wrong no need to worry

By *iss SadisticWoman  over a year ago

Nowhere

Ignoring it isn't really a solution. Can you ask when the fine was issued and prove you weren't there at that time?

"Last year I was stopped for no tax on the car fair enough my fault. I got a fix charged fine of 60 euro which I paid in time.

Remember I wasnt driving this car and its not mine and I paid my fine last year.. my head is wrecked now this is twice now the same flipping thing it has noting to do with me.. "

Did you not think of getting in touch with your local motor tax office and query it than. Sorry but if I got a fine with my name but not my car reg I wouldn't have ignored it, either someone is using ur name to register a car. Do not ignore the summons and get in touch with your local motor tax office and maybe deal with a different Garda

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

Its being investigated, the scam involves claiming overtime when you get injured even though you had worked all your overtime possible. Some cops are only working 6 months a year on average, and all their time off is being paid to them as if they were working heavy overtime every day.

Maybe we should get in AC12 and investigate these bent coppers "

Now we’re suckin diesel!!

city

"Maybe we should get in AC12 and investigate these bent coppers "

If you want someone to give them an all clear, why not call in the FBI? AC12 might not have access to a computer with spreadsheet software on it.

Remember I wasnt driving this car and its not mine and I paid my fine last year.. my head is wrecked now this is twice now the same flipping thing it has noting to do with me..

Did you not think of getting in touch with your local motor tax office and query it than. Sorry but if I got a fine with my name but not my car reg I wouldn't have ignored it, either someone is using ur name to register a car. Do not ignore the summons and get in touch with your local motor tax office and maybe deal with a different Garda "

I did an they informed me noting could be done. Obviously I did get in contact with tax office an the fines section I was informed once its true their system it has to be paid otherwise its automatic court summons. Now the garda in question knows its a mistake told me it would be struck out he knows quite well an even told me its not the person he stopped.

So now this evening after a trip to the garda station he said he will have to talk to the sergeant and court officials he took me number so its a waiting game now. Otherwise ill have a day in court because of some fukin idiot either knowing that last address my full name and my date of birth. Either that its some thick behind a computer screen....

Roll on November for me court date

» Add a new message to this topic