FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Being Offended

Being Offended

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It seems these days it's very easy to say something offensive and I agree if something is offensive directly towards you then it's okay but what's with people getting offended on behalf of others

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"It seems these days it's very easy to say something offensive and I agree if something is offensive directly towards you then it's okay but what's with people getting offended on behalf of others "

How very dare u

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It seems these days it's very easy to say something offensive and I agree if something is offensive directly towards you then it's okay but what's with people getting offended on behalf of others "

I guess it depends on context lim.

I know there is alot of small silly things that niggle people alright.

Sometimes people trying to have a debate or having a paticular point of view can be confused with outrage or offence.

Then there is acceptable offense on the behalf of others, standing up for those with less of a voice or the inability to stand for themselves is an honourable thing to do.

And of course there are the delicate little flowers of this world

Sorry King Lim.. no offense ment by lack of proper title

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

"It seems these days it's very easy to say something offensive and I agree if something is offensive directly towards you then it's okay but what's with people getting offended on behalf of others

How very dare u "

How dare OP??? How dare you!!

Now you’ve lost me altogether whose offending who or trying to offend whom

Explain OP

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

"Now you’ve lost me altogether whose offending who or trying to offend whom

Explain OP "

I think he means white knighting, but I could be wrong.

"Sorry King Lim.. no offense ment by lack of proper title "

Lim is fine I don't always need the full title

"It seems these days it's very easy to say something offensive and I agree if something is offensive directly towards you then it's okay but what's with people getting offended on behalf of others

How very dare u "

What did he do now CJ?

limerick

How very dare u

What did he do now CJ? "

U mean u didn't hear ffs sur u know what hes like the bloody cheek of him

How very dare u

What did he do now CJ?

U mean u didn't hear ffs sur u know what hes like the bloody cheek of him "

It’s like de ja vu

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Shut it Lim now one cares what you think

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"Shut it Lim now one cares what you think"

This is true but sure I'll talk anyway you me

I do think the "people get offended by everything nowadays" is partly a product of social media, and everyone being connected to everyone. No matter what happens, theres a chance someone, somewhere will see it and get offended, even if there was zero ill intent. And extremists shout the loudest.

Just try not to be a dick and hope for the best.

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

-------------

I think that others being offended by slightly sarcastic comments towards one person is often due to "Political Correctness" ...which lets face it, is the greatest load of horse shit perpetuated upon humanity. These days If you have an opinion contrary to the MSM narrative or object to anything that 99% of others think, you're automatically labelled as a "bigot" "fanatic" or a "sympathiser" of some sort.

...I'd also like to apologise to any horse owners out there for equating political correctness to something that nourishes the soil and actually does some good in this world. Hope I didn't offend

Saw this week where Dara o Briain was hosting a gaming convention and called everyone a great bunch of lads. Someone tweeted that he sexist towards the industry, not including women. He replied that in ireland "lads" is an irish tick that is gender neutral, but it made no difference

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Saw this week where Dara o Briain was hosting a gaming convention and called everyone a great bunch of lads. Someone tweeted that he sexist towards the industry, not including women. He replied that in ireland "lads" is an irish tick that is gender neutral, but it made no difference"

-----------------------

You mean to tell me a comedian

in this day & age offended someone

Tell me it isn't so...

"Saw this week where Dara o Briain was hosting a gaming convention and called everyone a great bunch of lads. Someone tweeted that he sexist towards the industry, not including women. He replied that in ireland "lads" is an irish tick that is gender neutral, but it made no difference"

Dara is actually one of the more politically correct comedians out there too

Madness too because it is just an expression here for instance 'the Chinese, a sound bunch of lads'

limerick

"Saw this week where Dara o Briain was hosting a gaming convention and called everyone a great bunch of lads. Someone tweeted that he sexist towards the industry, not including women. He replied that in ireland "lads" is an irish tick that is gender neutral, but it made no difference

Madness too because it is just an expression here for instance 'the Chinese, a sound bunch of lads' "

I hope he politly told them where to go

limerick

"Saw this week where Dara o Briain was hosting a gaming convention and called everyone a great bunch of lads. Someone tweeted that he sexist towards the industry, not including women. He replied that in ireland "lads" is an irish tick that is gender neutral, but it made no difference

Madness too because it is just an expression here for instance 'the Chinese, a sound bunch of lads'

I hope he politly told them where to go "

Not the chinese but tbe ones that called him sexist

People get offended over the most ridiculous things these days. Feckin wimps. Man up ffs

I hope he politly told them where to go

Not the chinese but tbe ones that called him sexist "

I partly guessed CJ

"People get offended over the most ridiculous things these days. Feckin wimps. Man up ffs"

Sorry but Man up is gender devisive..... thats offensive

"People get offended over the most ridiculous things these days. Feckin wimps. Man up ffs

Sorry but Man up is gender devisive..... thats offensive"

Lol

By *m389Man  over a year ago

Bromley

The white knighting, virtue signalling, halo polishing is to show how morale they are and that you are a scumbag for your opinion.

» Add a new message to this topic