FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Just outside!

Just outside!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irishlad OP   Man  over a year ago

Malahide

No no no it’s not another dogging post as I’m getting older or as I like to think maturing like a fine claret I find myself just outside the age range of most women and couples on here. 45 seems to be a cut off point for most.

I’ve been told age is just a number and have had it confirmed by some members here many moons younger than I that I’m good at the ole sex thing ( maybe ole was the wrong word to use)

So is it a fear or lack of understanding of what an older sophisticated gentleman that can bring to the table (bed, sofa, car bonet, leading edge of a a surf kite) some of us have experience and skills honed over a number of years. Or is it the ole chestnut? Jasus you’re old enough to be me Da! ( read that in a Dublin accent)

Let’s discuss?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illium_cobblersMan  over a year ago

swords EI & Derby UK

unfortunately, the traffic on here requires filtering down to a level that the real folk can manage (don't much care what the fakes do with their inbox lol). The fake profiles will put a 35 yo age down and likely a "mens health" body to get more bites and likely fuel the issue leading the real folk to move their filters to an even narrower band.

Like you OP Id like to think I know my way around a body and how to reduce it to a shaking wet mess but we all have to sink to the bottom of the barrel and play the fab game to get even to a point where we might get a view much less a response.

Sorry to grumble but again this week 3 meets arranged (as I know to expect a cancellation) nada turned up.

mutter mutter mutter

Malahide

Genuine verifications (you can tell the fake ones a mile off) should count for something? No ?

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"No no no it’s not another dogging post as I’m getting older or as I like to think maturing like a fine claret I find myself just outside the age range of most women and couples on here. 45 seems to be a cut off point for most.

I’ve been told age is just a number and have had it confirmed by some members here many moons younger than I that I’m good at the ole sex thing ( maybe ole was the wrong word to use)

So is it a fear or lack of understanding of what an older sophisticated gentleman that can bring to the table (bed, sofa, car bonet, leading edge of a a surf kite) some of us have experience and skills honed over a number of years. Or is it the ole chestnut? Jasus you’re old enough to be me Da! ( read that in a Dublin accent)

Let’s discuss?"

-----------------------

It's a fair point you're making Op

...as I've met people of 40+ (male or female ) who are chatty, great craic as well as the life and soul of any party

...I've also met people half that age who let's face it ...if they got naked would at best only perform a streak of misery

So, I don't get why someone after hitting a certain age here should be precluded from at least chatting to someone else...

But, that's the way the Fab world works

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Its personal preference and, from my experience, better not to question it.

Some ladies often bend it after forum chatting, or even just watching your forum chats.

Others have said that older guys are acting worse than teenagers of late.

Be assured that doesn't include those responsible, mature adults among us and soldier on

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Its personal preference and, from my experience, better not to question it.

Some ladies often bend it after forum chatting, or even just watching your forum chats.

Be assured that doesn't include those responsible, mature adults among us and soldier on "

John, but it is truth or it is just my bad luck maybe?

I didn't meet hundreds of people, just few because I won't meet attached or married so lots of the matured men 40+ whom I found they are so interesting, but unfortunately they are out of my list (read above why)

I met just one(!)man 40+ who "ticked all the boxes from my list". So where are others?

I know am very selective... but still just one guy?!

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Its personal preference and, from my experience, better not to question it.

Be assured that doesn't include those responsible, mature adults among us and soldier on

John, but it is truth or it is just my bad luck maybe?

I didn't meet hundreds of people, just few because I won't meet attached or married so lots of the matured men 40+ whom I found they are so interesting, but unfortunately they are out of my list (read above why)

I met just one(!)man 40+ who "ticked all the boxes from my list". So where are others?

I know am very selective... but still just one guy?!"

Without wanting to sound harsh, yes, its probably your parameters that are the restrictions.

At the end of the day, what are you on Fab for?

Good sex, or something that might become something more?

If it's just good sex, then what does it matter if they're married?

If it's something more than that, then it's much more of a concern that they're single, obviously, so keep your filters engaged.

All depends on what you are looking for and how much you want it, I guess.

I'm gonna get grief for this but, before anyone starts on me, read my profile. Clearly states I'm married

Hang on to that one guy who ticked all the boxes and hope he becomes a FWB

Yes what you say OP is true. Then there's the 50 cut off you'll soon come too.

I learned to accept it and can be seen as saving wasting a lot of energy and time hoping, so use my own filters, a couple harsh ones, and quite selective but it still works well for me. I only do repeat meets too which again knocks off another big group of popular ladies.

If you know how and are able to keep a few regulars then you're not having to chase as much as many on here.

Guys I'm told mature well too so till I flip I'll not drop.

"No no no it’s not another dogging post as I’m getting older or as I like to think maturing like a fine claret I find myself just outside the age range of most women and couples on here. 45 seems to be a cut off point for most.

Let’s discuss?"

"Fear or lack of understanding? " And "Jesus you're old enough to be me da" - straight off i'd be thinking obviously only here to meet young ones. As someone else said I have also have found most over 40's are married and I don't meet married men, if guys want to play away that's their choice but I'm looking for something regular.

40, 50, 60, yes age is only a number ... the fun is in the mind ... Fab UK members are more welcoming of the 40+ members with many in their 60's having a very active Fab life ... we all age & those currently young enough to get under the filter restrictions will some day be unwelcome... a mindset change is required.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

On here age is filter No 1. In order to reduce the amount of incoming messages women set a rather tight age preference. So the lads on far sides of the spectrum - namely the greenhorns and the dusty nuts - are more likely to be left out.

For most the age preference are not sacrosanct and it won't matter on a party or social.

Btw there's plenty of unmarried men over 40 on here.

"On here age is filter No 1. In order to reduce the amount of incoming messages women set a rather tight age preference. So the lads on far sides of the spectrum - namely the greenhorns and the dusty nuts - are more likely to be left out.

For most the age preference are not sacrosanct and it won't matter on a party or social.

Btw there's plenty of unmarried men over 40 on here. "

I only seem to come across the married ones

"On here age is filter No 1. In order to reduce the amount of incoming messages women set a rather tight age preference. So the lads on far sides of the spectrum - namely the greenhorns and the dusty nuts - are more likely to be left out.

I only seem to come across the married ones "

There’s a few alright just not on the forums

I only seem to come across the married ones

There’s a few alright just not on the forums "

That's not going to help me find them lol

"

I know am very selective... but still just one guy?!"

I am here - ready willing and able

In my personal experience most men over 40 who ever have contacted me - acted childishly, often abusive, extremely persistent and generally annoying and creepy so I just blocked the whole age group to save myself the hassle.

Now that said - most, definitely not all and I know a lot of people who fall outside my preferred age bracket and do keep in touch with them. Unfortunately some "mature" bad eggs spoilt it for the rest.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

Well, I'm in the older category. I'd imagine the best thing is not put all your eggs in one Fab basket. I was on various dating sites a few years ago and met a satisfactory amount of women, and had lots of adventures along the way. Now, I'm just on Fab, and take the fun as it comes. In the past few years I've done a lot of training in the area of sexuality, and conscious sex. It's open to all, and I've met some of the most fantastic people, I wish I had discovered it earlier. There are Tantra meet up groups in Dublin, a great place to meet like minded people, and usually there are more women than men. Also Google ISTA, who run week long events in Ireland and globally, and HAI, human awareness institute, who will shock the socks off you, but great fun.

"Well, I'm in the older category. I'd imagine the best thing is not put all your eggs in one Fab basket. I was on various dating sites a few years ago and met a satisfactory amount of women, and had lots of adventures along the way. Now, I'm just on Fab, and take the fun as it comes. In the past few years I've done a lot of training in the area of sexuality, and conscious sex. It's open to all, and I've met some of the most fantastic people, I wish I had discovered it earlier. There are Tantra meet up groups in Dublin, a great place to meet like minded people, and usually there are more women than men. Also Google ISTA, who run week long events in Ireland and globally, and HAI, human awareness institute, who will shock the socks off you, but great fun. "

Can you PM me please I can’t pm You thanks. Just have a few questions

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

"Well, I'm in the older category. I'd imagine the best thing is not put all your eggs in one Fab basket. I was on various dating sites a few years ago and met a satisfactory amount of women, and had lots of adventures along the way. Now, I'm just on Fab, and take the fun as it comes. In the past few years I've done a lot of training in the area of sexuality, and conscious sex. It's open to all, and I've met some of the most fantastic people, I wish I had discovered it earlier. There are Tantra meet up groups in Dublin, a great place to meet like minded people, and usually there are more women than men. Also Google ISTA, who run week long events in Ireland and globally, and HAI, human awareness institute, who will shock the socks off you, but great fun.

Can you PM me please I can’t pm You thanks. Just have a few questions "

My shields are down. You can hail me.

"In my personal experience most men over 40 who ever have contacted me - acted childishly, often abusive, extremely persistent and generally annoying and creepy so I just blocked the whole age group to save myself the hassle"

a few bad apples, I'm sure there are as many similarly abusive in the under 40's ... but yes the abuse & childishness does spoil it for others

Malahide

Such a shame

Malahide

Suppose I never considered the filtering aspect I was chatting to a lady tonight and she mentioned at one point she had 210 unread messages. I should probably consider myself lucky that I get replies and occasionally meets

» Add a new message to this topic