FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Polyamory

Polyamory

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey, are there many members on here open to polyamory? I'm in a polyamorous relationship but having a really hard time finding a second to go on a date/have fun with. I'm open about everything on dating apps etc but I can't get a match to save my life Anyone any advice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hey, are there many members on here open to polyamory? I'm in a polyamorous relationship but having a really hard time finding a second to go on a date/have fun with. I'm open about everything on dating apps etc but I can't get a match to save my life Anyone any advice?"

Nope

Yes I am open to it

It is hard to meet that person(s) here

By *verage Joe BlackMan  over a year ago

Border Area

"Yes I am open to it

It is hard to meet that person(s) here"

Is there really that much difference between polyamory and multiple FWB arrangements..?

"Yes I am open to it

Is there really that much difference between polyamory and multiple FWB arrangements..?"

Yes

A huge difference

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

Is that been intimate with more then one with everybody consenting?

Border Area

"Yes I am open to it

Is there really that much difference between polyamory and multiple FWB arrangements..?

Yes

A huge difference"

I read the definition of polyamory and i can’t relate. This tells me i am not polymorphic. And perhaps a robot when it comes to feelings.

But i guess that it is the plural form of “love”..?

"Yes I am open to it

Yes

A huge difference"

I suppose the difference is letting each other go to love other people rather than just sex... Its a difficult one

Excuse my ignorance but is it really a poly relationship if they cant find anyone else?

"Yes I am open to it

Yes

A huge difference

I suppose the difference is letting each other go to love other people rather than just sex... Its a difficult one "

It's much more than that

I am not monogamous

Am old enough to know that

But I like the closeness of a relationship, just can't commit to just one

Polyamory is the ideal but it's very hard to find in reality

Border Area

"I am not monogamous

Am old enough to know that

But I like the closeness of a relationship, just can't commit to just one

Polyamory is the ideal but it's very hard to find in reality"

Have you ever experienced the scenario though..? And did it not get difficult, as in someone got annoyed that they were not getting enough attention..?

"Yes I am open to it

Yes

A huge difference

I suppose the difference is letting each other go to love other people rather than just sex... Its a difficult one

It's much more than that

"

Thats why I said it's a difficult one, and really depends on your relationship situation..maybe it's what some people with a swinging mentality would like to aim for, maybe we're evolving and will get there sometime?

"Yes I am open to it

Yes

A huge difference

I suppose the difference is letting each other go to love other people rather than just sex... Its a difficult one "

But what's wrong with just shagging them?

By *eavier than HeavenMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I keep seeing "Peep show" in my head. When 'Jez', as a life coach tries it.. Hilarious

By *ustin-SiderMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'm open to Polyamory.

As has already been stated, it is very difficult to find as it takes understanding persons in the relationship(s) to make it work.

It cannot work for persons who are prone to jealousy.

In fact it takes persons who feel quite the opposite of jealousy...... compersion.

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

I could get on board with it. I can fully understand being intimate and sharing the relationship experience with multiple partners.

But my issue is that I don't want people around me all the time. I could do polyamory no problem but only a few days a week.

I need my me time, most of the time.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Hey, are there many members on here open to polyamory? I'm in a polyamorous relationship but having a really hard time finding a second to go on a date/have fun with. I'm open about everything on dating apps etc but I can't get a match to save my life Anyone any advice?"

There's a lot of poly people on the kink scene, and a good few groups on FL. I'd suggest signing up and heading out to a munch.

The vast majority of people are monogamous so it's simply that the pool of people to date is much smaller.

Poly is extremely hard, it's far from the utopian fuck-fest it's often seen as. Takes pretty much constant emotional work, and that includes extra effort in finding someone to date.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Excuse my ignorance but is it really a poly relationship if they cant find anyone else? "

Maybe their partner has other partners.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

There's a poly meet up group in Dublin and occasionally in Cork, although it's not a dating or pickup group. We live in a small country, so there are a tiny amount of people interested in the lifestyle. From my experience women are more successful at finding the second partner than men. I think you might have a good chance of finding a woman here on Fab who would embrace the lifestyle. Join FL and go to munches, you'll meet lots of interesting people there.

By *laymates30Couple  over a year ago

The West

Interesting piece here .... https://www.menshealth.com/uk/sex/a26288834/why-polyamory-may-be-the-future-of-love/

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

This is a topic that fasinates me. I really think it could work. I really think its possible to love more then one person at a time

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

thanks for the replies all. It is indeed different to just shagging a load of people, or having a FWB.

xxx

"thanks for the replies all. It is indeed different to just shagging a load of people, or having a FWB. "

Something id be very open to

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

In my opinion it's very hard to achieve..to love more than person to share someone you love with someone else, mentally can't be good. NSA is different as both are aware no intense loving relationship.... I think it can potentially lead to disaster which is why it's so hard to find.

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

I’m not sure everyone could be introduced to this, I think it has to be built into your own mindset for it to work.

Jealousy would have no place in relationships like this.

I can see how it would be more attractive than a monogamous relationship.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

"This is a topic that fasinates me. I really think it could work. I really think its possible to love more then one person at a time "

Yes, it is possible. To love without attachment. We give love in different ways to different people, and animals. Children, parents, friends, lovers, etc. And we can receive love from all sorts of people. You know how great it feels to receive love, we crave that feeling. We'll, it's easier to give it, sometimes, and allow others to bask in that feeling. I seem to have a natural limit to my romantic love partners, about 3,i think. While I can love lots of people in platonic way, my brain doesn't seem to have the space for more than about 3 romantic lovers. ( but I'm open to experimenting)

In a previous relationship it worked well for us. It was something that just kinda grew out of a close friendship between the 3 of us. Only ended as the other guy got a job he couldn't turn down in Australia. But was a great 1.5 years.

xxx

"This is a topic that fasinates me. I really think it could work. I really think its possible to love more then one person at a time

Yes, it is possible. To love without attachment. We give love in different ways to different people, and animals. Children, parents, friends, lovers, etc. And we can receive love from all sorts of people. You know how great it feels to receive love, we crave that feeling. We'll, it's easier to give it, sometimes, and allow others to bask in that feeling. I seem to have a natural limit to my romantic love partners, about 3,i think. While I can love lots of people in platonic way, my brain doesn't seem to have the space for more than about 3 romantic lovers. ( but I'm open to experimenting) "

I definitely think its mindset and how you veiw a person. Does romantic love equal ownership?? For me monagomy equals ownership of a person, one cant really be true to oneself so to speak. I just believe you cant own someone. You can love them but let them be who they need to be. Loving different people leaves the mind open to learning and experiencing different life lessons.

By *inkiepairCouple  over a year ago

dublin

"This is a topic that fasinates me. I really think it could work. I really think its possible to love more then one person at a time "

I believe this too, very much agree with you. There is positives and negatives in the lifestyle but if you want something to work, work is so needed

[Removed by poster at 19/02/19 02:28:04]

As been said earlier, it's not for everyone and it's definitely a mindset. Those who can't see how it works, you're probably not disposed to that life style so probably shouldn't get involved.

It can be hard work, like any relationship but thats necessary. It's not about sex either as some may think by some comments. The key words are relationship, commitment, love, understanding but towards multiple partners. Like in a monogamous relationships, sex can play a large or small part or in some cases not at all.

I think I say the movie,Juliett Mills if im not mistaken

» Add a new message to this topic