FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Gays and racism

Gays and racism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

I see this morning there was a homophobic jibe used in a cricket match. Will been gay ever be fully accepted like a normal thing? I don't think it will. I even hear lots of young people shagging off gay individuals, "he's as bent as a whistle" etc. Also racism, what's your view on that? Seems to be rife in soccer grounds. Discuss.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Are you gay? Are you a different race? No? Not your place to get offended imo

Tipperary

"Are you gay? Are you a different race? No? Not your place to get offended imo "
doesn't take away from the fact both are huge issues. You don't have to be either to discuss the topic.

By *ondalingerMan  over a year ago

City center

"Are you gay? Are you a different race? No? Not your place to get offended imo doesn't take away from the fact both are huge issues. You don't have to be either to discuss the topic."
what a bullshit comnent to make. Im not gay or black. I get offended if i hear racism or homophobic things. Your repky baffles me it really does.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

People will always be slagged over differences, or even perceived differences. Things are getting better in terms of genuine discrimination though. It's not that long since the days when "queer bashing" was common in some Dublin parks.

Racism is also different but it's still common and I've never been in a soccer ground in my life.

Lucan

"Are you gay? Are you a different race? No? Not your place to get offended imo "

He didn't say he was offended at all

Tipperary

"People will always be slagged over differences, or even perceived differences. Things are getting better in terms of genuine discrimination though. It's not that long since the days when "queer bashing" was common in some Dublin parks.

Racism is also different but it's still common and I've never been in a soccer ground in my life. "

do you reckon been gay will ever fully be accepted, same was as been straight is?

Tipperary

"Are you gay? Are you a different race? No? Not your place to get offended imo

He didn't say he was offended at all "

Racism is here to stay its in us all

Tipperary

"Racism is here to stay its in us all"
good point

City center

speak for yourself. I may duslike a person. Race, sexuality, ethnicity never comes into it

By *uriousPearCouple  over a year ago

dublin 5

There isn't enough time in the day to get through the how much is wrong with that statement.

Lucan

"People will always be slagged over differences, or even perceived differences. Things are getting better in terms of genuine discrimination though. It's not that long since the days when "queer bashing" was common in some Dublin parks.

Racism is also different but it's still common and I've never been in a soccer ground in my life. do you reckon been gay will ever fully be accepted, same was as been straight is?"

Gay people are in a minority and there are very few minorities of any kind that don't get shit upon by someone somewhere.

It will probably ever be thus unfortunately.

How do you mean?

The ignorance in this statement is on another level.

City center

The ignorance in this statement is on another level."

i really thought my eyes were playing tricks on me

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Omg so many things wrong with that statement or are you looking to cause a stir on here...

City center

Omg so many things wrong with that statement or are you looking to cause a stir on here... "

Its exactly that i hope

The ignorance in this statement is on another level.i really thought my eyes were playing tricks on me"

Some people eh?!

Unfortunately it still happens, but I think we have come a long way.

I think unfortunately it's always the case that any differences are used against people in anger... Lgbt, race, culture, looks etc etc.

Tipperary

do u mean if you're not connected to either, then why would you get offended?

I have more gay friends than straight ones as well as all different colours and nationalities. NOT A SINGLE ONE of them ever complained about homophobia and racism being a huge issue.

Yes, we all come across general assholes, but such is life. Assholes are just assholes, they don't target anything specific, only what makes you stand out.

To the op...sadly I think it'll always be there to a degree but a lot of it seems to be mindless and throwaway comments from the perpetrators.

Not defending them of course but I doubt the majority realise the depth and hurt of their words.

Omg so many things wrong with that statement or are you looking to cause a stir on here... "

Been a while since I've caused a stir huh

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Omg so many things wrong with that statement or are you looking to cause a stir on here...

Been a while since I've caused a stir huh "

Ignorance isn't a nice trate in anyone...

dublin 5

"I have more gay friends than straight ones as well as all different colours and nationalities. NOT A SINGLE ONE of them ever complained about homophobia and racism being a huge issue.

Yes, we all come across general assholes, but such is life. Assholes are just assholes, they don't target anything specific, only what makes you stand out."

You live in a country that does not recognise same sex marriage.

Ignorance isn't a nice trate in anyone..."

Read my comment above

"I have more gay friends than straight ones as well as all different colours and nationalities. NOT A SINGLE ONE of them ever complained about homophobia and racism being a huge issue.

Yes, we all come across general assholes, but such is life. Assholes are just assholes, they don't target anything specific, only what makes you stand out.

You live in a country that does not recognise same sex marriage."

Thank religion

City center

Ignorance isn't a nice trate in anyone...

Read my comment above "

why does the op not gave an opinion??

City center

Thank religion "

literally no words

dublin 5

Thank religion "

The republic was blisteringly Catholic and we voted to legalise it four years ago.

I wouldn't thank religion for it at all. Given the mandate given to the DUP in NI, I think the electorate have plenty to answer for.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

I think Missus is trying to stir La Merde, or got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. As she has contributed so sensibly on other topics, I'll ignore that comment. I think racism, or anti gay sentiment are part of our nature. We often don't like "the other". Whether, the others were Vikings, Norman's, Romans, Christians, or Muslims, or whatever. Our modern day tribal battlegrounds are football stadiums, where we can give vent to our basest emotions, hence anti gay, racist chants. If we kept these emotions for our ritual Saturday afternoon tribalism, and returned home to the bosom of our gay, multi hued family members, the world might actually be a better place.

[Removed by poster at 12/02/19 13:45:21]

City center

"[Removed by poster at 12/02/19 13:45:21]"
the roman empire where heavily against homosexuality

By *ustyboyMan  over a year ago

Greater Dublin & Belfast now onwards

"I see this morning there was a homophobic jibe used in a cricket match. Will been gay ever be fully accepted like a normal thing? I don't think it will. I even hear lots of young people shagging off gay individuals, "he's as bent as a whistle" etc. Also racism, what's your view on that? Seems to be rife in soccer grounds. Discuss."

I am different race and once I send my face pics to ladies I get rejected and sometimes straight blocked .

I am not Gay for Record .

Which cricket match are you referring? I didn’t hear anything maybe I missed that segment but I am sure it will be in news very soon .

Australia’s player of Oneday team is Gay .

At least there are 2 couples in Australia’s women team and it’s all normal as long as they perform on the field in a competitive manner .

"[Removed by poster at 12/02/19 13:45:21]"
you're off on a tangent now. Leave it alone.

Will we ever get rid of any racism, homophobia etc? Not a fucking hope until we get rid of religion and blind faith. Superstitious nonsense telling people what to believe.

dublin 5

"Will we ever get rid of any racism, homophobia etc? Not a fucking hope until we get rid of religion and blind faith. Superstitious nonsense telling people what to believe. "

Unbridled capitalism is a major factor in racism. Income inequality breeds contempt and instead of directing ire towards the machinations that create it people start to blame other poor people.

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Religion and the church have done untold damage over the centuries but to blame them totally is wrong too. We need to start taking personal responsibility for some of the behaviour. Children will copy and repeat what they see and hear their parents do. So until we break that cycle nothing will change.

"I see this morning there was a homophobic jibe used in a cricket match. Will been gay ever be fully accepted like a normal thing? I don't think it will. I even hear lots of young people shagging off gay individuals, "he's as bent as a whistle" etc. Also racism, what's your view on that? Seems to be rife in soccer grounds. Discuss.

I am different race and once I send my face pics to ladies I get rejected and sometimes straight blocked .

Which cricket match are you referring? I didn’t hear anything maybe I missed that segment but I am sure it will be in news very soon .

At least there are 2 couples in Australia’s women team and it’s all normal as long as they perform on the field in a competitive manner . "

Trust me - most men get deleted and blocked after sending a face picture. Absolutely nothing to do with your race, I promise!

Oftentimes the people at whom racist or homophobic or indeed any other slurs are directed at don’t feel able to speak up and call people out. If we don’t take collective responsibility as a society to step in nothing will change.

OP said nothing about being offended just queried if this is still where we are as a society, the answer to which is yes, certainly once you scratch the surface anyway. And I speak from direct experience lest anyone call me out on my credentials.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

I once lived in an affluent suburb of an African city. When the locals heard that a Mzungu(white bloke) was moving in to a rented house in their neighbourhood, they called a meeting of concerned citizens(all women). They decided that I could only move in, after an interview with the Ladies committee. Fortunately I passed the test! I later found out that they had misgivings around property devaluing, he's the first of many, lowering the tone of the neighbourhood, and.. what about the safety of our women?? So, to answer to OP, it's universal.

Did someone mention the romans ,what did the fuckin romans ever do for us?

"Religion and the church have done untold damage over the centuries but to blame them totally is wrong too. We need to start taking personal responsibility for some of the behaviour. Children will copy and repeat what they see and hear their parents do. So until we break that cycle nothing will change. "

Exactly my point from earlier. Slurs are often thrown with no real concept of the insult contained.Its very much learned,nobody is born with hate.

"Religion and the church have done untold damage over the centuries but to blame them totally is wrong too. We need to start taking personal responsibility for some of the behaviour. Children will copy and repeat what they see and hear their parents do. So until we break that cycle nothing will change. "

Not totally religions fault but an overwhelming factor. Reduces the accountability and social conscience of those who believe the shite peddled to them.

I have lustful taughts about the coloured lady across the street, am I a racist?

dublin 5

"I have lustful taughts about the coloured lady across the street, am I a racist?"

Is she purple? Orange? Green?

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I think people need to get over it.

If you ever annoy someone they will single out a difference and use it as an insult.

Red hair? Being Tall? Being short? Being skinny? Being Blonde?

For me, calling someone a name isnt racism. But acting so that they can not achieve equal goals is racism.

When I have been called Paddy and other anti Irish stuff on Sony and other sites owned by big companies, they didn't ban the people who said it. You would be banned for saying the equivalent to someone from Pakistan, china, india, Japan etc.

We are supposed to be more offended at some ethnic groups/minorities being insulted over others, just because that is what we are told to do.

Its just part of life, and saying to someone that "you can say that about a straight person but not gay person", just makes some people angry.

In America the KKK was down to something like 100 members. This was during the period when you would see Americans on tv saying "I don't agree with what he said, but i will fight to the death for him to be able to say it".

These days the KKK membership has swelled to over a few thousand. We live in the era of "say that and we will have you fired, publicly name and shame you, and you will never work again".

"I think people need to get over it.

If you ever annoy someone they will single out a difference and use it as an insult.

Red hair? Being Tall? Being short? Being skinny? Being Blonde?

For me, calling someone a name isnt racism. But acting so that they can not achieve equal goals is racism.

When I have been called Paddy and other anti Irish stuff on Sony and other sites owned by big companies, they didn't ban the people who said it. You would be banned for saying the equivalent to someone from Pakistan, china, india, Japan etc.

We are supposed to be more offended at some ethnic groups/minorities being insulted over others, just because that is what we are told to do.

Its just part of life, and saying to someone that "you can say that about a straight person but not gay person", just makes some people angry.

In America the KKK was down to something like 100 members. This was during the period when you would see Americans on tv saying "I don't agree with what he said, but i will fight to the death for him to be able to say it".

These days the KKK membership has swelled to over a few thousand. We live in the era of "say that and we will have you fired, publicly name and shame you, and you will never work again"."

Hallelujah!

"I see this morning there was a homophobic jibe used in a cricket match. Will been gay ever be fully accepted like a normal thing? I don't think it will. I even hear lots of young people shagging off gay individuals, "he's as bent as a whistle" etc. Also racism, what's your view on that? Seems to be rife in soccer grounds. Discuss.

At least there are 2 couples in Australia’s women team and it’s all normal as long as they perform on the field in a competitive manner . "

Joe root and an west indies bowler. Joe root caught on stumps mic saying its ok to be gay. Think it was the west indies bowler that instigated the gay argument but nothing on mic from him.

"I see this morning there was a homophobic jibe used in a cricket match. Will been gay ever be fully accepted like a normal thing? I don't think it will. I even hear lots of young people shagging off gay individuals, "he's as bent as a whistle" etc. Also racism, what's your view on that? Seems to be rife in soccer grounds. Discuss."

No child is this world is born hating gay people or racist, hate is thought through parents actions. Till we ALL change this things won't change.

My family always went by a rule if it doesn't affect you directly it's none of my business.

I don't know why skin colour bothers anyone, half or Ireland's ladies are going around orange and no one says a thing.

Religious rules are respect everyone's beliefs, you do not disrespect anyone's beliefs just because they ain't your own.

I can safely say I hate no one but there are a few people I dislike because of the actions towards me and no other reason.

What about black gay Christians ?

"What about black gay Christians ?"

Their sexuality is none of our business

There religion is none of our business

And skin is just skin, we all come in different colours, shape, sizes.

What about the nun who fell asleep out side the synagogue one night and woke up with a heavy dew on her

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

Tough issues to understand but here's my two cents:

It's a conditioned thing. No child has any prejudice or hatred towards others. It's all learned.

Tribalism is bred into us all from an early age with things like national pride, and in our own case in Ireland, county pride, parish pride etc. particularly in GAA.

There's no hatred or malice intended but we grow up with a sort of us against them mentality. Again as I said, it's not intended to be hateful, but we all have it in us to be aware of differences in others.

For example, every place I've worked in Waterford there was always a Kilkenny/Waterford divide. Just banter and a bit of harmless slagging, but nonetheless that tribalism thing is always there, and sometimes unfortunately it gets out of hand when ignorance takes hold.

It's perfectly ok to acknowledge differences in others, it's definitely not ok to use those differences to cause hurt.

Now correct me if i've misunderstood. You are saying, only people of a particular colour and sexual orientation can discuss homosexuality and racism or be offended by homophobic language or racism. Is that correct? If not, can you elaborate on what you have said please?

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

Xenophobia is arguably a bigger issue in this day and age.

Now correct me if i've misunderstood. You are saying, only people of a particular colour and sexual orientation can discuss homosexuality and racism or be offended by homophobic language or racism. Is that correct? If not, can you elaborate on what you have said please?"

You should read the whole thread

Also.... as a bisexual female, from a foreign origin I stand at the line of ones who truly should be offended, but hey ho, doesn't bother me when someone calls me a polish carpet muncher even tho I'm not polish, nor have I come across any bushy carpets in my travels.

We all know who and what we really are. We don't need someone to stand up for us and someone else to get hurt and offended for us

Now correct me if i've misunderstood. You are saying, only people of a particular colour and sexual orientation can discuss homosexuality and racism or be offended by homophobic language or racism. Is that correct? If not, can you elaborate on what you have said please?

Also.... as a bisexual female, from a foreign origin I stand at the line of ones who truly should be offended, but hey ho, doesn't bother me when someone calls me a polish carpet muncher even tho I'm not polish, nor have I come across any bushy carpets in my travels.

We all know who and what we really are. We don't need someone to stand up for us and someone else to get hurt and offended for us "

Quick question, wud u see urself as still Polish or Irish/British. Asking as I was trying to chat up a blond girl(obvious of polish origin) in Galway and she got offended when I called her polish, she saw herself as Irish now.

Call me a white Brit imperialist if u want ; I really couldn’t give a flying fuck. Sticks and stones.,... far too many hurt indignant pc fucking wimps was ting previous oxygen and water. Wise up , grow up and man up ffs. Freaking wimps

City center

We all know who and what we really are. We don't need someone to stand up for us and someone else to get hurt and offended for us "

certainly getting a sense of the type of person you are

City center

"I have lustful taughts about the coloured lady across the street, am I a racist?"
My god

I'm not polish, so not sure why I should see myself as polish. Will never call myself british/Irish too.

Maybe the lady you were trying to chat up wasn't polish either?

In northern Ireland it's a great offence to call a Catholic person British and a Protestant person Irish altough they may be living next door to each other...

How fucking dare you be racist AND homophobic against yourself! Disgraceful

"I'm not polish, so not sure why I should see myself as polish. Will never call myself british/Irish too.

Maybe the lady you were trying to chat up wasn't polish either?

In northern Ireland it's a great offence to call a Catholic person British and a Protestant person Irish altough they may be living next door to each other... "

She was originally from Poland. I know the scenario up in NI and the current political situation won't help things.

Conquests, and wars over thousands of years have racism embedded in us in some form.

Ok. So you are bisexual and of 'foreign origin' and you stand at the line of ones who truly should be offended. So where do you draw the line? As in what criteria do i have to meet to be able to be offended? And what is the criteria for those who 'truly should be offended?' You are, from your own words, able to be offended. So you must know the criteria. Can you share?

Well your well polished and articulate on most recent threads on here , getting out and meeting a wider audience range of people ,Age related mostly , not to sleep with I mean ,just to correspond with , and I could do with a verify too ha ha , enjoy keep it lighthearted guys and girls , we are all deferent together and that's are prerogative

We all know who and what we really are. We don't need someone to stand up for us and someone else to get hurt and offended for us

Ok. So you are bisexual and of 'foreign origin' and you stand at the line of ones who truly should be offended. So where do you draw the line? As in what criteria do i have to meet to be able to be offended? And what is the criteria for those who 'truly should be offended?' You are, from your own words, able to be offended. So you must know the criteria. Can you share? "

Zzzz

"

Ok. So you are bisexual and of 'foreign origin' and you stand at the line of ones who truly should be offended. So where do you draw the line? As in what criteria do i have to meet to be able to be offended? And what is the criteria for those who 'truly should be offended?' You are, from your own words, able to be offended. So you must know the criteria. Can you share? "

As one very clever lady said - if it doesn't affect you directly it's none of your business.

"

Ok. So you are bisexual and of 'foreign origin' and you stand at the line of ones who truly should be offended. So where do you draw the line? As in what criteria do i have to meet to be able to be offended? And what is the criteria for those who 'truly should be offended?' You are, from your own words, able to be offended. So you must know the criteria. Can you share?

As one very clever lady said - if it doesn't affect you directly it's none of your business.

"

Well that's an example of intelligent debate would you like a safe space in the corner?

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

I'm not gay but I get offended at racial abuse. I dont think the OP mentioned he was offended.

middle of nowhere

"Racism is here to stay its in us allspeak for yourself. I may duslike a person. Race, sexuality, ethnicity never comes into it"

What he said ^

Some people get offended far to easy on other people's behalf.

"

Well that's an example of intelligent debate would you like a safe space in the corner?"

That is literally what I said, only in different words and not as politely... looks like you may need a safe space

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"

"

Thats a cop out,

So I'm walking down the road and I witness a sexual or rasist motivated incident of which by stepping in I could diffuse but it has nothing to do with me, should I just trot on?

Oh and I'm Irish so I can safely say I've witnessed and experienced racism if that matters.

"

Well that's an example of intelligent debate would you like a safe space in the corner?

That is literally what I said, only in different words and not as politely... looks like you may need a safe space "

You just don't get it do you? Your comments and observations are idiotic and complete nonsense. Then when i ask you to explain them. You can't. You think people should just accept your nonsense without question or debate. Sorry, it doesn't quite work like that.

Tipperary

"

Thats a cop out,

So I'm walking down the road and I witness a sexual or rasist motivated incident of which by stepping in I could diffuse but it has nothing to do with me, should I just trot on?

Oh and I'm Irish so I can safely say I've witnessed and experienced racism if that matters."

be careful jumping into a street dispute over racism. You could be kniffed in a second.

Please explain how getting offended on other people's behalf is helping anyone. Take all the time you need;-)

middle of nowhere

"Call me a white Brit imperialist if u want ; I really couldn’t give a flying fuck. Sticks and stones.,... far too many hurt indignant pc fucking wimps was ting previous oxygen and water. Wise up , grow up and man up ffs. Freaking wimps"

Well you're a grown assed adult. Tell that to a 13/14 yr old child who get taunted and bullied for being different. Wouldn't exactly call them wimps.

By *ustin-SiderMan  over a year ago

Belfast

No child is this world is born hating gay people or racist, hate is thought through parents actions. Till we ALL change this things won't change.

My family always went by a rule if it doesn't affect you directly it's none of my business.

I don't know why skin colour bothers anyone, half or Ireland's ladies are going around orange and no one says a thing.

Religious rules are respect everyone's beliefs, you do not disrespect anyone's beliefs just because they ain't your own.

I can safely say I hate no one but there are a few people I dislike because of the actions towards me and no other reason. "

I get the gist of what you are saying but I strongly disagree with the bit about respecting other people's religious beliefs. I respect people's right to have and practice their beliefs (so long as they are not forcing those beliefs upon others or harming others through their practice of their beliefs) but I do not respect their actual religious beliefs because those beliefs are unfounded and.... well.... quite silly to be honest.

City center

"Please explain how getting offended on other people's behalf is helping anyone. Take all the time you need;-) "
you dont feel empathy for people who suffer at the hands and thoughts of others? I feel blessed that i can feel another persons hurt. I think its sad you cant

Now you want others to answer your questions but you are unwilling to answer questions from others. That would make sense.

Lucan

There's some serious nonsense in this thread.

If something is wrong it's wrong. It doesn't matter whether I'm offended by it or not.

"

Thats a cop out,

Oh and I'm Irish so I can safely say I've witnessed and experienced racism if that matters.be careful jumping into a street dispute over racism. You could be kniffed in a second. "

Lol I know,

But that raises a conundrum so by ignoring it and walking on does that make me by de facto a racist or just smart?

"

Thats a cop out,

Oh and I'm Irish so I can safely say I've witnessed and experienced racism if that matters.be careful jumping into a street dispute over racism. You could be kniffed in a second.

Lol I know,

But that raises a conundrum so by ignoring it and walking on does that make me by de facto a racist or just smart? "

A coward

"Call me a white Brit imperialist if u want ; I really couldn’t give a flying fuck. Sticks and stones.,... far too many hurt indignant pc fucking wimps was ting previous oxygen and water. Wise up , grow up and man up ffs. Freaking wimps

Well you're a grown assed adult. Tell that to a 13/14 yr old child who get taunted and bullied for being different. Wouldn't exactly call them wimps. "

Did I mention this in the context of 13/14 yr old children?. No. no I didn’t. So ?.... Looks like there is only 1 14 yr old on here. Hmmm ??

"

Thats a cop out,

Oh and I'm Irish so I can safely say I've witnessed and experienced racism if that matters.be careful jumping into a street dispute over racism. You could be kniffed in a second.

Lol I know,

But that raises a conundrum so by ignoring it and walking on does that make me by de facto a racist or just smart?

A coward"

Great answer

If we turn a blind eye today what happens tomorrow

"

Thats a cop out,

Lol I know,

A coward

Great answer

"

Talk is cheap saying and doing is a whole different story.

"Call me a white Brit imperialist if u want ; I really couldn’t give a flying fuck. Sticks and stones.,... far too many hurt indignant pc fucking wimps was ting previous oxygen and water. Wise up , grow up and man up ffs. Freaking wimps

Well you're a grown assed adult. Tell that to a 13/14 yr old child who get taunted and bullied for being different. Wouldn't exactly call them wimps.

Did I mention this in the context of 13/14 yr old children?. No. no I didn’t. So ?.... Looks like there is only 1 14 yr old on here. Hmmm ??"

I was seriously bullied as a young child now u come to mention it. I told my dad who informed the school. It got worse. I told my dad again and he ( as a body builder and a bit of a boxer) showed me some moves. I floored the biggest of the 2 bullies and broke his nose. Never even looked at me after that. Here Endeththe lesson.

"

Thats a cop out,

Lol I know,

A coward

Great answer

"

Anarchy!

"Please explain how getting offended on other people's behalf is helping anyone. Take all the time you need;-) you dont feel empathy for people who suffer at the hands and thoughts of others? I feel blessed that i can feel another persons hurt. I think its sad you cant"

Expressing your empathy through offence is like giving a homeless guy a fiver while filming it so you can put it up on social media and show everyone how good and kind you are.

True kindness and empathy doesn't come from words of some online strangers bashing each other for political correctness.

Be the person who will come after the storm is over and ask "hey buddy, are you okay? Don't mind the silly stuff I'm here for you" and then follow through and actually be there for them. That's empathy.

Feeling the need to stand up for someone who is more than capable to stand up for themselves isn't empathy. It's just making yourself feel better.

middle of nowhere

Did I mention this in the context of 13/14 yr old children?. No. no I didn’t. So ?.... Looks like there is only 1 14 yr old on here. Hmmm ??"

No you didn't I think your reference was too many hurt indignant pc fucking whimps wasting precious water and oxygen. My point being you're an adult .

middle of nowhere

Did I mention this in the context of 13/14 yr old children?. No. no I didn’t. So ?.... Looks like there is only 1 14 yr old on here. Hmmm ??

I was seriously bullied as a young child now u come to mention it. I told my dad who informed the school. It got worse. I told my dad again and he ( as a body builder and a bit of a boxer) showed me some moves. I floored the biggest of the 2 bullies and broke his nose. Never even looked at me after that. Here Endeththe lesson. "

Sweet jesus

middle of nowhere

"Please explain how getting offended on other people's behalf is helping anyone. Take all the time you need;-) you dont feel empathy for people who suffer at the hands and thoughts of others? I feel blessed that i can feel another persons hurt. I think its sad you cant

Expressing your empathy through offence is like giving a homeless guy a fiver while filming it so you can put it up on social media and show everyone how good and kind you are.

True kindness and empathy doesn't come from words of some online strangers bashing each other for political correctness.

Be the person who will come after the storm is over and ask "hey buddy, are you okay? Don't mind the silly stuff I'm here for you" and then follow through and actually be there for them. That's empathy.

Feeling the need to stand up for someone who is more than capable to stand up for themselves isn't empathy. It's just making yourself feel better. "

Id ask how do you know they are capable of standing up for themselves?. Looks can be deceptive.

[Removed by poster at 12/02/19 16:29:53]

A very good example of people jumping in to defend others without any need for it can be found on this very forum.

By *ustyboyMan  over a year ago

Greater Dublin & Belfast now onwards

At least there are 2 couples in Australia’s women team and it’s all normal as long as they perform on the field in a competitive manner .

Joe root and an west indies bowler. Joe root caught on stumps mic saying its ok to be gay. Think it was the west indies bowler that instigated the gay argument but nothing on mic from him."

Got ya . Shannon Gabriel was involved

"Please explain how getting offended on other people's behalf is helping anyone. Take all the time you need;-) you dont feel empathy for people who suffer at the hands and thoughts of others? I feel blessed that i can feel another persons hurt. I think its sad you cant

Feeling the need to stand up for someone who is more than capable to stand up for themselves isn't empathy. It's just making yourself feel better.

Id ask how do you know they are capable of standing up for themselves?. Looks can be deceptive. "

Same question - how some online stranger standing up for you in a forum that you most likely don't even know exists help you in any way?

Id ask how do you know they are capable of standing up for themselves?. Looks can be deceptive.

Same question - how some online stranger standing up for you in a forum that you most likely don't even know exists help you in any way?

"

How come you make the difference? How exactly is it ok for you to 'stand on the line?'

Lucan

What's cricket?

You can't seem to make a valid point even when the answers to your questions are right in front of your nose. I'm sorry but I've nothing to say to you.

No you didn't I think your reference was too many hurt indignant pc fucking whimps wasting precious water and oxygen. My point being you're an adult ."

And this is an adult thread. Do I really need to point that out?.Where are all the 13 and 14 year olds in here. What are you talking about?. Yeah let’s get all indignant and upset and start talking about 13 and 14 year olds which is so not relevant is it?. What me t?.. toddlers getting smacked!.. jeeeez!!!

middle of nowhere

"

When on a forum you join in to get your point across. If you contribute to a particular thread (Well for me) you more likely do so because you've had some experience or want to gain some knowledge not to cause upset. If I think someone is being bullied I will come to their defence no matter who they are or what their life choices are. I will also say they are being a dick if they are indeed being a dick.

When on a forum you join in to get your point across. If you contribute to a particular thread (Well for me) you more likely do so because you've had some experience or want to gain some knowledge not to cause upset. If I think someone is being bullied I will come to their defence no matter who they are or what their life choices are. I will also say they are being a dick if they are indeed being a dick."

But I have regularly seen people jump in to defend the bullies on the forums.

"You can't seem to make a valid point even when the answers to your questions are right in front of your nose. I'm sorry but I've nothing to say to you. "

Everything you've said on this thread is nonsense. It's not surprising you've nothing to say, you're just continuing your drivel

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Do you want a bigger spoon to stir that shite up even more...funny man "gays and racism"

middle of nowhere

No you didn't I think your reference was too many hurt indignant pc fucking whimps wasting precious water and oxygen. My point being you're an adult .

And this is an adult thread. Do I really need to point that out?.Where are all the 13 and 14 year olds in here. What are you talking about?. Yeah let’s get all indignant and upset and start talking about 13 and 14 year olds which is so not relevant is it?. What me t?.. toddlers getting smacked!.. jeeeez!!!"

That's not my point at all. Oh I take back my comment about you being an adult.

louth

"You can't seem to make a valid point even when the answers to your questions are right in front of your nose. I'm sorry but I've nothing to say to you.

Everything you've said on this thread is nonsense. It's not surprising you've nothing to say, you're just continuing your drivel"

middle of nowhere

When on a forum you join in to get your point across. If you contribute to a particular thread (Well for me) you more likely do so because you've had some experience or want to gain some knowledge not to cause upset. If I think someone is being bullied I will come to their defence no matter who they are or what their life choices are. I will also say they are being a dick if they are indeed being a dick. But I have regularly seen people jump in to defend the bullies on the forums."

Trolls opinions don't count.

When on a forum you join in to get your point across. If you contribute to a particular thread (Well for me) you more likely do so because you've had some experience or want to gain some knowledge not to cause upset. If I think someone is being bullied I will come to their defence no matter who they are or what their life choices are. I will also say they are being a dick if they are indeed being a dick. But I have regularly seen people jump in to defend the bullies on the forums.

Trolls opinions don't count."

Of course your opinion count don't let anyone say different.

By *ymguyN.IMan  over a year ago

belfast

correct just fanning the hate flames

"Are you gay? Are you a different race? No? Not your place to get offended imo correct just fanning the hate flames"

How is that in any way correct?

city

"But that raises a conundrum so by ignoring it and walking on does that make me by de facto a racist or just smart?

A coward"

I seen a girl dragged into a bush by a gang of guys, I dragged her out, and she thanked me.

I seen a man and a woman argue, the man was grabbing at the woman and getting violent with her, I got between them and she started to punch and kick me.

I seen a guy come out of a house with bags and attack an older man, I got involved and floored the guy with the bag and sat on him. I got thanked for stopping a burglary/assault.

I seen a guy running and being chased by a group. They caught him and started hitting him. I got involved, freed him and held them up as he ran off. It turned out he had sexually assaulted a girl and I helped him get away.

Getting involved does not make you brave. Not getting involved does not make you a coward, and you will have to live with the consequences of getting involved for the rest of your life.

The best thing to do is to stand back, keep note of everything happening, stay around and tell the police what you saw, and be prepared to go to court to backup what you seen.

Cause trust me, getting involved and getting someone in a headlock is nothing. Try going to court to give evidence against some dangerous person with dangerous friends and doing it the right way, thats real bravery. Sticking around in the aftermath is real bravery.

City center

"Are you gay? Are you a different race? No? Not your place to get offended imo correct just fanning the hate flames

How is that in any way correct?"

quite easy its not. Its like the strangest thing ive seen

"Are you gay? Are you a different race? No? Not your place to get offended imo correct just fanning the hate flames

How is that in any way correct? quite easy its not. Its like the strangest thing ive seen"

It makes no sense to me

"But that raises a conundrum so by ignoring it and walking on does that make me by de facto a racist or just smart?

A coward

I seen a girl dragged into a bush by a gang of guys, I dragged her out, and she thanked me.

I seen a man and a woman argue, the man was grabbing at the woman and getting violent with her, I got between them and she started to punch and kick me.

I seen a guy come out of a house with bags and attack an older man, I got involved and floored the guy with the bag and sat on him. I got thanked for stopping a burglary/assault.

I seen a guy running and being chased by a group. They caught him and started hitting him. I got involved, freed him and held them up as he ran off. It turned out he had sexually assaulted a girl and I helped him get away.

Getting involved does not make you brave. Not getting involved does not make you a coward, and you will have to live with the consequences of getting involved for the rest of your life.

The best thing to do is to stand back, keep note of everything happening, stay around and tell the police what you saw, and be prepared to go to court to backup what you seen.

Cause trust me, getting involved and getting someone in a headlock is nothing. Try going to court to give evidence against some dangerous person with dangerous friends and doing it the right way, thats real bravery. Sticking around in the aftermath is real bravery."

I can see your point. I suppose everyone knows what they are able to do themselves and can judge a situation without jumping straight in. Doing something may not always mean physical intervention. It could be calling the police or something else.

city

"I can see your point. I suppose everyone knows what they are able to do themselves and can judge a situation without jumping straight in. Doing something may not always mean physical intervention. It could be calling the police or something else. "

Most people have no control over it, fight or flight. I have a fight response, and it was encouraged in me. Wish I didn't have it.

People should not feel bad about doing nothing, just help deal with the aftermath instead. Being violent/shouting racist things does not mean a person is bad or in the wrong, maybe they are just angry. Sometimes rightfully angry.

dublin 5

" Being violent/shouting racist things does not mean a person is bad or in the wrong, maybe they are just angry. Sometimes rightfully angry."

Rightfully angry I can understand but that doesn't give someone a free pass to be violent or racist.

Lucan

"I can see your point. I suppose everyone knows what they are able to do themselves and can judge a situation without jumping straight in. Doing something may not always mean physical intervention. It could be calling the police or something else.

Most people have no control over it, fight or flight. I have a fight response, and it was encouraged in me. Wish I didn't have it.

People should not feel bad about doing nothing, just help deal with the aftermath instead. Being violent/shouting racist things does not mean a person is bad or in the wrong, maybe they are just angry. Sometimes rightfully angry."

I can't tell if you're taking the piss with that statement.

What I'm getting is that my skin colour becomes relevant if you're angry!

Lucan

Fuck it, I broke the thread!

louth

"Fuck it, I broke the thread! "

its them racist gays they caused all the wordelds problems

Lucan

"Fuck it, I broke the thread!

its them racist gays they caused all the wordelds problems "

I hear ya!

This makes no sense

This makes no sense "

Read full thread

This makes no sense

Read full thread "

Oh I did, your statement still makes no sense no matter how you've explained it

This makes no sense

Read full thread

Oh I did, your statement still makes no sense no matter how you've explained it "

belfast

This makes no sense

Read full thread

"

who gives a fuck lol

This makes no sense

Read full thread

who gives a fuck lol"

Most of the posters on here do.

Not gay or different race myself but I get so upset and offended when I hear about homophobia and rasicm! It's totally unacceptable in any form in this day and age, and I know it will never go away. I recently left a job due to the boss being openly homphobic and racist and I could not bring myself to look at him anymore. So your comment is very narrow minded imo.

belfast

Not gay or different race myself but I get so upset and offended when I hear about homophobia and rasicm! It's totally unacceptable in any form in this day and age, and I know it will never go away. I recently left a job due to the boss being openly homphobic and racist and I could not bring myself to look at him anymore. So your comment is very narrow minded imo. "

bemused as to how it upsets u

Thank religion "

You mean the DUP

Not gay or different race myself but I get so upset and offended when I hear about homophobia and rasicm! It's totally unacceptable in any form in this day and age, and I know it will never go away. I recently left a job due to the boss being openly homphobic and racist and I could not bring myself to look at him anymore. So your comment is very narrow minded imo. bemused as to how it upsets u"

I just don't like seeing people being treated horribly just because of skin colour or sexuality, don't you?

louth

This makes no sense

Read full thread "

Racism is so gay and gayness is the most racist thing ever ..does that make sense

This makes no sense

Read full thread

Racism is so gay and gayness is the most racist thing ever ..does that make sense "

No that is gibberish.....

louth

This makes no sense

Read full thread

Racism is so gay and gayness is the most racist thing ever ..does that make sense

No that is gibberish.....

"

The truth will set you free my child..the gayness of racism is astounding..pray the gay away and racism shall follow

Belfast

In my entire time on Fab (which is going on about 6 or 7 years now) never have I seen a thread that is so many kinds of fucked up in so many ways.

I don't want to read any more on this thread yet I can't help but check in on it.

That's human nature though. We're all nosey fuckers naturally.

Who's saying what next?

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/11635706/shannon-gabriel-charged-by-icc-after-joe-root-exchange

"https://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/11635706/shannon-gabriel-charged-by-icc-after-joe-root-exchange"

The incident that started this whole Thread.

Oh dear, looks like he does have a voice of his own after all

"Oh dear, looks like he does have a voice of his own after all "

???

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Thats just a stupid comment.... I get offended when I hear comments being made.......even to the point I have got up from a tea break at work because I was shocked at what I heard coming from a mother who has 2 gay son's

Tipperary

Thats just a stupid comment.... I get offended when I hear comments being made.......even to the point I have got up from a tea break at work because I was shocked at what I heard coming from a mother who has 2 gay son's "

was she ashamed?

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

cc hotel

Racism is also different but it's still common and I've never been in a soccer ground in my life. do you reckon been gay will ever fully be accepted, same was as been straight is?"

Why shouldn't it be. The main reason is down to the church's teachings...in a generation being gay will be old hat and not worthy of a mention. The shame of living in sin unmarried mothers thankfully a distant memory.

Racism is also different but it's still common and I've never been in a soccer ground in my life. do you reckon been gay will ever fully be accepted, same was as been straight is?

Why shouldn't it be. The main reason is down to the church's teachings...in a generation being gay will be old hat and not worthy of a mention. The shame of living in sin unmarried mothers thankfully a distant memory."

Welcome back lads

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

cc hotel

Religion needs to be taken out of schools.

Tipperary

"Religion and the church have done untold damage over the centuries but to blame them totally is wrong too. We need to start taking personal responsibility for some of the behaviour. Children will copy and repeat what they see and hear their parents do. So until we break that cycle nothing will change.

Religion needs to be taken out of schools.

"

I personally don't see that happening.

By *r Connie LingusMan  over a year ago

Limerick

More importantly

Will gingers ever be accepted into society

"More importantly

Will gingers ever be accepted into society"

After they get some souls, of course

Limerick

"More importantly

After they get some souls, of course "

They will never have souls

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 12/02/19 23:26:36]

"[Removed by poster at 12/02/19 23:26:36]"

I've seen your sneaky comment. You are dead right

Belfast

"More importantly

After they get some souls, of course "

Look, this is a well known fact. Ginger people don't have souls but Ed Sheeran isn't a bad talent for an empty spirit.

Limerick

"More importantly

Look, this is a well known fact. Ginger people don't have souls but Ed Sheeran isn't a bad talent for an empty spirit. "

Hes more strawberry blonde than ginger

Tipperary

"More importantly

Look, this is a well known fact. Ginger people don't have souls but Ed Sheeran isn't a bad talent for an empty spirit. "

Look at the female attention he gets. He wouldn't get a sideways look if he wasn't famous.

"More importantly

They will never have souls"

Can confirm the above, when my beard gets a bit of ginge in the summer I honestly don’t know who the fuck I am anymore.

Maybe that’s why I’m so into redheads..

Soooo.... it is perfectly fine to make fun of gingers but god forbid you make a gay joke

Limerick

"Soooo.... it is perfectly fine to make fun of gingers but god forbid you make a gay joke "

Everyone is fair game

Tipperary

"Soooo.... it is perfectly fine to make fun of gingers but god forbid you make a gay joke "
you can make fun of lots of people if u wanted

"Soooo.... it is perfectly fine to make fun of gingers but god forbid you make a gay joke you can make fun of lots of people if u wanted "

Exactly. It's how you take other people making fun of you...

Tipperary

"Soooo.... it is perfectly fine to make fun of gingers but god forbid you make a gay joke you can make fun of lots of people if u wanted

Exactly. It's how you take other people making fun of you...

"

in one ear out the other

Belfast

It depends on the context but apparently even more so the sensitivity. Learned this the hard way. I can't speak up or defend an opinion you might have because than I am white knighting. The fab monsters and knights can suck my shiny white......

You do need to choose your words more carefully though. Lol

"Soooo.... it is perfectly fine to make fun of gingers but god forbid you make a gay joke

It depends on the context but apparently even more so the sensitivity. Learned this the hard way. I can't speak up or defend an opinion you might have because than I am white knighting. The fab monsters and knights can suck my shiny white......

You do need to choose your words more carefully though. Lol"

I really haven't said a single thing out of line, it's just the way I said them things...

Goes to show how easy it is to trigger people these days without even having a single intention to do so and at the same time become the bullied victim they're so eager to defend in a first place.

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

You mean clean as a whistle no?

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

Fuck me there's some virtue signalling being thrown about in regards to this reply.

Belfast

"Soooo.... it is perfectly fine to make fun of gingers but god forbid you make a gay joke

I really haven't said a single thing out of line, it's just the way I said them things...

Goes to show how easy it is to trigger people these days without even having a single intention to do so and at the same time become the bullied victim they're so eager to defend in a first place. "

And that is the politically correct so wrong incorrect world we're living in. Sad times.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/sound/racist-shoes-from-katy-perrys-fashion-range-reportedly-being-pulled-from-shops/

Just throwing it out there... now people get upset about "racist" shoes too...

It won't go away but it's getting to the point where the people who are prejudice will be shamed more and more. Rightfully so.

Tipperary

"https://www.unilad.co.uk/sound/racist-shoes-from-katy-perrys-fashion-range-reportedly-being-pulled-from-shops/

Just throwing it out there... now people get upset about "racist" shoes too... "

Goes to show how easy it is to trigger people these days without even having a single intention to do so and at the same time become the bullied victim they're so eager to defend in a first place. "

I read as far as this. There it is. Won't engage in questions concerning what you said then, inevitable you now play the victim card. Pathetic and immature. I hate that word too.

» Add a new message to this topic