FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Time Wasters

Time Wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aggers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Santry

I would just like to say that any person/s who waste time should be reported to ADMIN, 3 strikes and your removed off the site.

We had an amazing party however only for our foresight, we allowed for time wasters to do what they normally do...waste time. A message next day saying NO BABY SITTER, GRANNY DIED, THE BUDGET NEEDED HIS WALK doesn't wash. just be honest....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Jesus, if your granny died while out walking the budgie and your babysitter failed to show then I think you should be forgiven for not turning up.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

It's been my experience that all of those things do actually happen as I am about to go out and enjoy myself.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Top 3 reasons from my experience:

1. Unexpected family visits from different parts of the world (4 times)

2. Death in a family (3 times)

3. Hangover (3 times)

You start to wonder..

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I remember I was on my way out of Uni and had a date lined up, and I walked into a traffic sign. I split my head open.

I text them "Wont be able to make it, split my head open, walked into a road sign"

got a text back "If you don't like me just say, stupid excuse"

so I replied back "I'll be there but maybe 20 mins late"

Went got 4 or 5 stiches in my head, then went on to the cinema to meet, her, covered in blood.

She seen me and said "maybe you should go home" and I said "No, don't want to make any excuses"

and made her go through the whole night with me covered in blood.

We never had a second date though. But that might be because i was having erections at inappropriate times rather than the cut head.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"Top 3 reasons from my experience:

3. Hangover (3 times)

You start to wonder.. "

You must be a terrible shag if you were let down 10 times

3. Hangover (3 times)

You start to wonder..

You must be a terrible shag if you were let down 10 times "

Must be

I had some excuses. Life happens and I've also had last minute ones too. I'll accept them, give them benefit of doubt. I'm not any better than anyone else on here.

I've just learned to reduce the negative impact on myself by no longer meeting in a hotel at my initial cost, and spend time chatting, background info and listen to my gut. Seems to work for me.

I got once sorry had to empty the dishwasher lol true story

Yep, that uncle Lazarus just keeps messing up people's plans it seems

louth

3. Hangover (3 times)

You start to wonder..

Must be "

Its well for them turning down a meet like that..meets are like gold dust to me..grab them when they come along

3. Hangover (3 times)

You start to wonder..

Must be

Its well for them turning down a meet like that..meets are like gold dust to me..grab them when they come along

"

Just as well they don't get a second chance

Nice idea in theory but could be difficult to prove that they are 'time wasters', which in itself is an ill defined concept. Also open to abuse.

Dodgy excuses are bad enough, but the ones that just don't show up without even bothering to try and make some bullshit excuse up, those are the worst! At least if domeone lets you know they arent coming other arrangements can be made

"Dodgy excuses are bad enough, but the ones that just don't show up without even bothering to try and make some bullshit excuse up, those are the worst! At least if domeone lets you know they arent coming other arrangements can be made"

Or make a dodgy excuse after dissapearing expecting a second chance..

By *avidc2019Man  over a year ago

dublin

3. Hangover (3 times)

You start to wonder.. "

who in there right mind would use such stupid reasons for not meeting a beauty like you

"Jesus, if your granny died while out walking the budgie and your babysitter failed to show then I think you should be forgiven for not turning up. "

3. Hangover (3 times)

You start to wonder.. "

We had one casanova, whos mother died, but seen him walking next day on farmers market...

By *etergemmaCouple  over a year ago

South Dublin Area

"I would just like to say that any person/s who waste time should be reported to ADMIN, 3 strikes and your removed off the site.

We had an amazing party however only for our foresight, we allowed for time wasters to do what they normally do...waste time. A message next day saying NO BABY SITTER, GRANNY DIED, THE BUDGET NEEDED HIS WALK doesn't wash. just be honest...."

Have had my FILL of single guys who are all chat all hot and then on the day of a drinks date something inevitably pops up. Have a rule that I like to meet someone for a drink before I plan anything more intimate. The amount of guys who just don't want to give you that time is insane. So far only one guy has had the backbone to meet me and he did get a follow up date. Alot on here dont want to give time unless their getting a ride in the end. There are a serious amount of flakes on this site. Afraid their pics won't live up to reality me thinks!

South Dublin Area

"I would just like to say that any person/s who waste time should be reported to ADMIN, 3 strikes and your removed off the site.

We had an amazing party however only for our foresight, we allowed for time wasters to do what they normally do...waste time. A message next day saying NO BABY SITTER, GRANNY DIED, THE BUDGET NEEDED HIS WALK doesn't wash. just be honest....

Have had my FILL of single guys who are all chat all hot and then on the day of a drinks date something inevitably pops up. Have a rule that I like to meet someone for a drink before I plan anything more intimate. The amount of guys who just don't want to give you that time is insane. So far only one guy has had the backbone to meet me and he did get a follow up date. Alot on here dont want to give time unless their getting a ride in the end. There are a serious amount of flakes on this site. Afraid their pics won't live up to reality me thinks! "

And I don't mean guys that give me notice they can't meet because I've had to rearrange things on occasion also, I'm talking the guys that go radio silence or just simply on the day with a few hours to go say 'sorry can't do tonight'

Santry

it has to stop

Santry

Do admin even know what's going. Where losing more fantastic ppl and keeping the liars and decievers...

Come on admin. The 3 strikes doesn't have to be from one profile but 3 different ones. Please do something. X

Have had my FILL of single guys who are all chat all hot and then on the day of a drinks date something inevitably pops up. Have a rule that I like to meet someone for a drink before I plan anything more intimate. The amount of guys who just don't want to give you that time is insane. So far only one guy has had the backbone to meet me and he did get a follow up date. Alot on here dont want to give time unless their getting a ride in the end. There are a serious amount of flakes on this site. Afraid their pics won't live up to reality me thinks! "

One of the reasons I blatantly refuse any kind of flirting or talking dirty prior to meeting them in person.

Can go wank themselves off with someone else..

Me being cold and rude may put some off, but at least good ones always stay

A 'three strikes' policy wouldn't work, in my opinion, because everyone can report anyone. Unless a complaint pertained to someone's profile (fake pics, solicitation, illegal references etc) it's all hearsay and nigh on impossible to prove!

I mean, there's verified "trolls" on here with more than one profile. There'd be nothing in place to stop them from abusing such a system.

The age old debate of making Fab a 'pay to use' site is arguably the best way to out the timewasters but I'm sure those who have had the misfortune of dealing with them wouldn't be surprised at their determination!

I personally wouldn't be a fan of that though as it would also drive away 'genuine' people who don't wish to pay. Unfortunately it's just a given that people like that exist on here, like in all walks of life.

Experience and gut feeling are the best form of defence

"I remember I was on my way out of Uni and had a date lined up, and I walked into a traffic sign. I split my head open.

I text them "Wont be able to make it, split my head open, walked into a road sign"

Went got 4 or 5 stiches in my head, then went on to the cinema to meet, her, covered in blood.

She seen me and said "maybe you should go home" and I said "No, don't want to make any excuses"

We never had a second date though. But that might be because i was having erections at inappropriate times rather than the cut head."

Where the fuck did you manage to get seen for stitches so quickly....

I may have missed the main point of the story

"I remember I was on my way out of Uni and had a date lined up, and I walked into a traffic sign. I split my head open.

We never had a second date though. But that might be because i was having erections at inappropriate times rather than the cut head.

Where the fuck did you manage to get seen for stitches so quickly....

I may have missed the main point of the story"

Clearly medics didn't waste any time

We've never experienced someone not turning up for a social meet, or a play meet. We get to know people well before arranging any meet and don't engage in sex chat before a social meet, apart from sorting those guys who are only looking for online wank material, we find it best not to raise expectations

We have ourselves had to cancel meets due to illness or other circumstances, thankfully the guys concerned have understood and given us a second chance, whereas they could have thrown a hissy fit... I would think if someone is having a recurring issue with no-shows, their selection criteria could do with a review.

louth

No dont think its their pics..they just want to fuck first time meeting not go for a drink

How do I get a drink with someone without them expecting sex

Just the chats and drinks

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

"How do I get a drink with someone without them expecting sex

Just the chats and drinks "

try going to a normal bar at the weekend and see who's there ? Most of the regulars will probably chat with you.

"A 'three strikes' policy wouldn't work, in my opinion, because everyone can report anyone. Unless a complaint pertained to someone's profile (fake pics, solicitation, illegal references etc) it's all hearsay and nigh on impossible to prove!

I mean, there's verified "trolls" on here with more than one profile. There'd be nothing in place to stop them from abusing such a system.

The age old debate of making Fab a 'pay to use' site is arguably the best way to out the timewasters but I'm sure those who have had the misfortune of dealing with them wouldn't be surprised at their determination!

I personally wouldn't be a fan of that though as it would also drive away 'genuine' people who don't wish to pay. Unfortunately it's just a given that people like that exist on here, like in all walks of life.

Experience and gut feeling are the best form of defence "

This.

Listen to your gut.

3 times in 3 weeks I've driven to meets and been left hanging around. Frustrating isn't the word!!

By *eankaren88Couple  over a year ago

By the sea

Two no shows equals no more goes "Simples"

By *eankaren88Couple  over a year ago

By the sea

"3 times in 3 weeks I've driven to meets and been left hanging around. Frustrating isn't the word!!"

Did you do any phone verification or kik cam chat? Only way to minimise it.

"How do I get a drink with someone without them expecting sex

Just the chats and drinks try going to a normal bar at the weekend and see who's there ? Most of the regulars will probably chat with you."

What's a non regular bar

"3 times in 3 weeks I've driven to meets and been left hanging around. Frustrating isn't the word!!

Did you do any phone verification or kik cam chat? Only way to minimise it."

Was 3 completely different meets and two of them we talked on the phone, txted as I was going out then nothing

Santry

Well if admin care to ignore I think its name and shame time. Once is ok twice never but three times they should be thrown off. Admin can see police this easily. I know what some ppl say that ppl can have someone thrown off. It will take 3 different complaints from 3 different profiles.

"Well if admin care to ignore I think its name and shame time. Once is ok twice never but three times they should be thrown off. Admin can see police this easily. I know what some ppl say that ppl can have someone thrown off. It will take 3 different complaints from 3 different profiles."

Good idea ..

"Well if admin care to ignore I think its name and shame time. Once is ok twice never but three times they should be thrown off. Admin can see police this easily. I know what some ppl say that ppl can have someone thrown off. It will take 3 different complaints from 3 different profiles.

Good idea .."

After our latest no show, We suggested a kik group for verified girls and couples for proper revoews on single guys, because we all know the veri system is a lot of bollocks.. didnt get much interest unfortunately

People often message me asking for recommendations... That could actually be a good idea too... when looking for a meet - if you know in advance when you're free - just message someone who has a larger amout of veris to ask if they could recommend someone reliable

South Dublin Area

Have had my FILL of single guys who are all chat all hot and then on the day of a drinks date something inevitably pops up. Have a rule that I like to meet someone for a drink before I plan anything more intimate. The amount of guys who just don't want to give you that time is insane. So far only one guy has had the backbone to meet me and he did get a follow up date. Alot on here dont want to give time unless their getting a ride in the end. There are a serious amount of flakes on this site. Afraid their pics won't live up to reality me thinks!

No dont think its their pics..they just want to fuck first time meeting not go for a drink "

My bad trying to have standards

"Well if admin care to ignore I think its name and shame time. Once is ok twice never but three times they should be thrown off. Admin can see police this easily. I know what some ppl say that ppl can have someone thrown off. It will take 3 different complaints from 3 different profiles."

There are still so many problems with this.

3 profiles could all belong to one looper. One click of people decide they dont like another.

I have had to postpone meets last minute and often taken months to arrange suitable times I am sure some of the people I have chatted with would consider me a timewaster (some I have met too ).

My point os it would be too open to abuse and too hard to impliment properly

3. Hangover (3 times)

You start to wonder.. "

I will still come see you even if all 3 of these happened at once

"Well if admin care to ignore I think its name and shame time. Once is ok twice never but three times they should be thrown off. Admin can see police this easily. I know what some ppl say that ppl can have someone thrown off. It will take 3 different complaints from 3 different profiles.

There are still so many problems with this.

3 profiles could all belong to one looper. One click of people decide they dont like another.

I have had to postpone meets last minute and often taken months to arrange suitable times I am sure some of the people I have chatted with would consider me a timewaster (some I have met too ).

My point os it would be too open to abuse and too hard to impliment properly"

louth

No dont think its their pics..they just want to fuck first time meeting not go for a drink

My bad trying to have standards "

I understand your point and the people that dont show up at these meets could accuse you of being a timewaster too..wasting time having a drink

South Dublin Area

I understand your point and the people that dont show up at these meets could accuse you of being a timewaster too..wasting time having a drink "

Thanks for that perspective

I understand your point and the people that dont show up at these meets could accuse you of being a timewaster too..wasting time having a drink "

What's wrong with a drink? Or even just something social you're not going to just throw the leg over the first time like what if they're an absolute pain hole in person

I don't understand fab anymore, I think that's one of the many reasons I've decided to step away from it, the fun seems to be gone these days

South Dublin Area

I understand your point and the people that dont show up at these meets could accuse you of being a timewaster too..wasting time having a drink

What's wrong with a drink? Or even just something social you're not going to just throw the leg over the first time like what if they're an absolute pain hole in person

I don't understand fab anymore, I think that's one of the many reasons I've decided to step away from it, the fun seems to be gone these days"

Stop talking sense ffs.

"Stop talking sense ffs. "

I know what am I thinking like

» Add a new message to this topic