FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Advice On Pets..

Advice On Pets..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What did you think

I have a relatively young puppy, and with Halloween fast approaching, I'm concerned for its mental and emotional well being, with the fireworks...could I ask for some advice, how best to look after the crater...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Keep them indoors and keep them company at night

This time of year is awful for animals

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

So can get calming drops.

My dog is deaf so halloween doesn't affect him

Bring inside close windows and curtains and put tv on loud make a fuss of him he will be fine

"Keep them indoors and keep them company at night

This time of year is awful for animals"

yeah that's the thing, I'm hoping to be keeping myself some company that night, away from the house and I'm trying not to keep him indoors, I probably should have got a fish instead, its the two week banger and rocket festival that's hard to plan for.

"So can get calming drops.

My dog is deaf so halloween doesn't affect him "

Damn! if id have known ya could get deaf dogs.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

My dog goes mental when door goes than shivers at someone she don't know coming in..... she likes to think she's brave....

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

If you have lions, advisable not to pat them if you play rugby.......

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"So can get calming drops.

My dog is deaf so halloween doesn't affect him

Damn! if id have known ya could get deaf dogs. "

Yeah but then you can't call him all you want and he can't hear you so it's swings and roundabouts

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

As a kid we had a dog that would go wild when he knew our grandfather was still a good 5 mins away from arriving at the house........

He knew he was in for a long walk....

By *rossflow daveMan  over a year ago

Mullingar

"What did you think

I have a relatively young puppy, and with Halloween fast approaching, I'm concerned for its mental and emotional well being, with the fireworks...could I ask for some advice, how best to look after the crater... "

What breed is it ? Some aren't as affected compared to others.

Have this problem with our cat...the original scardy cat. We just send her to a cat hotel (??) for the night for €12 and collect her next day.

Keep him indoors and leave the radio on for him to drown out any potential firework noise

"My dog goes mental when door goes than shivers at someone she don't know coming in..... she likes to think she's brave.... "

Jesuz that sounds like me

"What did you think

I have a relatively young puppy, and with Halloween fast approaching, I'm concerned for its mental and emotional well being, with the fireworks...could I ask for some advice, how best to look after the crater... "

You could buy a plug-in diffuser for dogs, they help with stress and anxiety and will calm the wee toot. I think Adaptil do one, they're not cheap however.

And keep the pup indoors also xx

"What did you think

I have a relatively young puppy, and with Halloween fast approaching, I'm concerned for its mental and emotional well being, with the fireworks...could I ask for some advice, how best to look after the crater...

What breed is it ? Some aren't as affected compared to others."

Its a doberman, so I really don't want him getting too familiar with indoors.

"What did you think

You could buy a plug-in diffuser for dogs, they help with stress and anxiety and will calm the wee toot. I think Adaptil do one, they're not cheap however.

And keep the pup indoors also xx"

Haven't heard of those, tanx

Best thing you can do, keep them in and keep them company. I speak from experience.

"What did you think

Its a doberman, so I really don't want him getting too familiar with indoors. "

Don’t worry in a few years nobody be calling at your door with a Doberman waiting to greet them. Even still, keep him in, even the nights before as fireworks going off all the time. I had my fella leap up beside me on couch the other night when somebody set off firework. He is 10 and they never lose their fear.

Best thing you can do, keep them in and keep them company. I speak from experience. "

Has someone treated you in that way haha, I shouldnt laugh, its not a funny matter

"What did you think

Its a doberman, so I really don't want him getting too familiar with indoors.

Don’t worry in a few years nobody be calling at your door with a Doberman waiting to greet them. Even still, keep him in, even the nights before as fireworks going off all the time. I had my fella leap up beside me on couch the other night when somebody set off firework. He is 10 and they never lose their fear. "

No, its not nice at all to see the affect it has on pets.

Best thing you can do, keep them in and keep them company. I speak from experience.

Has someone treated you in that way haha, I shouldnt laugh, its not a funny matter "

Yes, she is called my wife!!

Op the best thing you can do for the your wowwow is take for an extremely long walk to tire him/her out and as said above,bring in for the Halloween period. Even tho you'd rather not keep a pet indoors you may find its the bet thing for them. I've a big boxer who acts the same with the bangs but once i brought her indoors she was fine. Tho now she's an indoor dog who gets full run of downstairs

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Jaysos the fuss, it's a fdog! Get some earmuffs or head of with the 'pet' to the countryside and take your other company with ye.

Halloween was like a clip from the Vietnam war where I once lived.

Scared the shit out of my two dogs , one of which was a serious guard dog. Keep them indoors at night is best advice.

Ask Dr Dolittle

"Jaysos the fuss, it's a fdog! Get some earmuffs or head of with the 'pet' to the countryside and take your other company with ye. "

Well im dumbfounded, with that response, that's more like something id expect to hear on. Is it an Irish thing thread..we Irish love our pets! each to their own I suppose, btw the russian thread is below

on the hill NordWest of

"Jaysos the fuss, it's a fdog! Get some earmuffs or head of with the 'pet' to the countryside and take your other company with ye.

Well im dumbfounded, with that response, that's more like something id expect to hear on. Is it an Irish thing thread..we Irish love our pets! each to their own I suppose, btw the russian thread is below "

I'm dumbfounded myself. I gave you two options, the latter is probably the best option for a pet, but if you prefer partying yourself...

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"Jaysos the fuss, it's a fdog! Get some earmuffs or head of with the 'pet' to the countryside and take your other company with ye. "

So you are a dog hunter. I did wonder

"Jaysos the fuss, it's a fdog! Get some earmuffs or head of with the 'pet' to the countryside and take your other company with ye.

Well im dumbfounded, with that response, that's more like something id expect to hear on. Is it an Irish thing thread..we Irish love our pets! each to their own I suppose, btw the russian thread is below

I'm dumbfounded myself. I gave you two options, the latter is probably the best option for a pet, but if you prefer partying yourself... "

Im sorry, but I cant take advice about my puppy, from someone who refers to mans best friend as f-dog.

on the hill NordWest of

I'm dumbfounded myself. I gave you two options, the latter is probably the best option for a pet, but if you prefer partying yourself...

Im sorry, but I cant take advice about my puppy, from someone who refers to mans best friend as f-dog. "

Fair enough, next time exclude me please straight from the beginning in your opening post.

Btw it's fdog and not f-dog.

Im sorry, but I cant take advice about my puppy, from someone who refers to mans best friend as f-dog.

Fair enough, next time exclude me please straight from the beginning in your opening post.

Btw it's fdog and not f-dog. "

PMSL

"What did you think

And keep the pup indoors also xx

Haven't heard of those, tanx "

You're welcome

Btw it's fdog and not f-dog. "

Another pussy lover, no doubt

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

Put puppy into kennels while you're away. It bribe someone to poppy sit for you.

Children should not get pets if they can't look after them.A puppy is for life not just for a special occasion.

"Children should not get pets if they can't look after them.A puppy is for life not just for a special occasion."

Are you speaking about your wife again, your an awful divil speaking in riddles

"Children should not get pets if they can't look after them.A puppy is for life not just for a special occasion.

Are you speaking about your wife again, your an awful divil speaking in riddles "

Ah I haven't got a wife not yet.So you are still in with a chance if you're still interested.

middle of nowhere

There's a few pets on here that should be neutered. It would benefit society greatly.

"Children should not get pets if they can't look after them.A puppy is for life not just for a special occasion.

Are you speaking about your wife again, your an awful divil speaking in riddles Ah I haven't got a wife not yet.So you are still in with a chance if you're still interested. "

If I was a dog and you were a flower, id lift my leg and give ya a shower

Are you speaking about your wife again, your an awful divil speaking in riddles Ah I haven't got a wife not yet.So you are still in with a chance if you're still interested.

If I was a dog and you were a flower, id lift my leg and give ya a shower "

Their you go again teasing me.I call it puppy love.

"There's a few pets on here that should be neutered. It would benefit society greatly. "

Couldn’t agree more lol

"There's a few pets on here that should be neutered. It would benefit society greatly. "
I know exactly what you mean.

I've two German Shepherds and I believe that you should leave your dog outside. It will toughen him up.

Jesuz, I only asked a bit of advice about me puppy, and people want to neuter me now, why not go all in and put me down

By *oupleuncutCouple  over a year ago

dun laoghaire

My dog faked his anxiety! I would bring him indoors on and before Halloween night because he'd jump against the back door when he heard the sound,bark and whimper and shake. I hated seeing him so upset. There was an organised firework display near my house that my nephew wanted to see and decided to bring my dog along for the walk. I found out and rushed to our local park to 'save' my poor pooch and couldn't believe my fricken eyes when I saw him sitting down wagging his tail watching the fireworks,not a feckin bother on him...all he was short of was a bag of popcorn! I still bring him in on Halloween night, he deserves some kind of reward for his dramatic acting

"My dog faked his anxiety! I would bring him indoors on and before Halloween night because he'd jump against the back door when he heard the sound,bark and whimper and shake. I hated seeing him so upset. There was an organised firework display near my house that my nephew wanted to see and decided to bring my dog along for the walk. I found out and rushed to our local park to 'save' my poor pooch and couldn't believe my fricken eyes when I saw him sitting down wagging his tail watching the fireworks,not a feckin bother on him...all he was short of was a bag of popcorn! I still bring him in on Halloween night, he deserves some kind of reward for his dramatic acting "

haha, you've just convinced me, valium is the way to go, for the dog that is.

middle of nowhere

"There's a few pets on here that should be neutered. It would benefit society greatly.

Jesuz, I only asked a bit of advice about me puppy, and people want to neuter me now, why not go all in and put me down "

We'll start with neutering first.

"My dog faked his anxiety! I would bring him indoors on and before Halloween night because he'd jump against the back door when he heard the sound,bark and whimper and shake. I hated seeing him so upset. There was an organised firework display near my house that my nephew wanted to see and decided to bring my dog along for the walk. I found out and rushed to our local park to 'save' my poor pooch and couldn't believe my fricken eyes when I saw him sitting down wagging his tail watching the fireworks,not a feckin bother on him...all he was short of was a bag of popcorn! I still bring him in on Halloween night, he deserves some kind of reward for his dramatic acting "

He sounds like a smart dog!!

Advice for pets

Don't buy hamsters they die to quickly !!

And it's a nightmare trying to find a similar hamster when they do

I went through

Tony 1

Tony 2

Tony 3

But after Tony 3 I had to tell the kids Tony has died

I just couldn't find a like for like replacement

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"I've two German Shepherds and I believe that you should leave your dog outside. It will toughen him up. "

Don't do this. If your dog is afraid of loud noises it will always be. Same with his other drives and traits.

Pups can be aptitude tested at 54 days old and even by then you can tell exactly how they will turn out in regards sound sensitivity,prey drive,independence and even how they will tAke you correcting and teaching them,and they stay the same for like

By *onygirl19Woman  over a year ago

co dublin

Don't get s dog unless you can look after it properly . Keeping your dog outside is not looking after it properly, as well as anything else you run the risk of it being stolen . Your dog should be part of the family , not a garden ornament.

"Advice for pets

Don't buy hamsters they die to quickly !!

And it's a nightmare trying to find a similar hamster when they do

I went through

Tony 1

Tony 2

Tony 3

But after Tony 3 I had to tell the kids Tony has died

I just couldn't find a like for like replacement "

And then you discover kids are tough little buggers and actually didn't care very much.

We have a dog and he loves the fires works sits on the steps out the back looking up. And when they stop he cries. You will know when he hears the fireworks

» Add a new message to this topic