FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Big match ??

Big match ??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atthewsundri OP   Man  over a year ago

dundrum

Who do you think will win the big match and can anyone predict the score ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Who do you think will win the big match and can anyone predict the score ??"
my say mayo but my head say dubs i hope im wrong as for the score mayo 2 10 dublin 215

dundrum

"Who do you think will win the big match and can anyone predict the score ??my say mayo but my head say dubs i hope im wrong as for the score mayo 2 10 dublin 215"
yeah I'm hoping Mayo but I wouldn't put any money on them, but if any team are armed to beat the dubs its mayo

I fancy United.

They are playing well so far this season.

dundrum

"I fancy United.

They are playing well so far this season."

snore snore

By *ussyLicker1971Man  over a year ago

DDD12

Dubs..

2-18 v 1-15

dundrum

Ok here goes Mayo 2:14 to Dublin 1:15

31 counties shouting for Mayo.

Nice to see someone win who has not done so for a long time. Always the bridesmaids are Mayo.

Like to see them win but don't think that they will.

Anyone selling tickets?

dundrum

"31 counties shouting for Mayo.

Nice to see someone win who has not done so for a long time. Always the bridesmaids are Mayo.

Like to see them win but don't think that they will."

has to be there year even though I was born in dublin

By *es deux lapinCouple  over a year ago

dublin

Ckelsea 3 1

"Ckelsea 3 1"

Hope so

Arsenal won 4 of the last 5 I think.

dundrum

"Ckelsea 3 1"
snore snore

dundrum

"Ckelsea 3 1

Hope so "

snore snore

dundrum

"Arsenal won 4 of the last 5 I think."
and again snore snore

"Arsenal won 4 of the last 5 I think. and again snore snore"

You asked

"Arsenal won 4 of the last 5 I think. and again snore snore"

Snore away mate. I'm from Limerick mate. Spend my summers in Kerry. Hurling man myself. Went all the way in 94 and 96. Went to every game. Couldn't get tickets to the final on both years.

We done well in football under 21s a few years ago but no progression in the senior's.

Dublin population is what? Mayo population is what? I understand we have a multitude of sports to choose from but in my opinion the dubs have a much larger selection.

Like to football (soccer) England have like 70 million and Uruguay have a similar population to ourselves. Yet in major competition it is Uruguay who are more successful.

It is only natural people go for the underdog.

Personally I'll be watching united.

dundrum

"Arsenal won 4 of the last 5 I think. and again snore snore

Snore away mate. I'm from Limerick mate. Spend my summers in Kerry. Hurling man myself. Went all the way in 94 and 96. Went to every game. Couldn't get tickets to the final on both years.

We done well in football under 21s a few years ago but no progression in the senior's.

Dublin population is what? Mayo population is what? I understand we have a multitude of sports to choose from but in my opinion the dubs have a much larger selection.

Like to football (soccer) England have like 70 million and Uruguay have a similar population to ourselves. Yet in major competition it is Uruguay who are more successful.

Personally I'll be watching united."

one im not your mate!! Two what the fuck Ru on about? Three enjoy watching your boring soccer

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Personally I'll be watching united."

Population is only important to a certain extent. A huge proportion of the Dublin population has allegiance to other counties. The population of Dublin includes players from practically every county in the country. The GAA in Dublin has to contend with competition from sports that some counties haven't even heard of. As well as that, you don't have the same parish rivalries in Dublin that you have in rural counties which serve to develop players. If population was that important then Dublin would be winning every year.

In fairness to Mayo, there has probably never been a team so resilient in history but which brand of football would I prefer to watch? Dublin's any day of the week! Hon the Dubs!

Population is only important to a certain extent. A huge proportion of the Dublin population has allegiance to other counties. The population of Dublin includes players from practically every county in the country. The GAA in Dublin has to contend with competition from sports that some counties haven't even heard of. As well as that, you don't have the same parish rivalries in Dublin that you have in rural counties which serve to develop players. If population was that important then Dublin would be winning every year.

In fairness to Mayo, there has probably never been a team so resilient in history but which brand of football would I prefer to watch? Dublin's any day of the week! Hon the Dubs!

"

No getting away from the population thing Michael.

Dublin always have and advantage. You could possibly stick the people's republic into that bracket also.

Kudos to the likes of Kerry and Kilkenny for being so successful.

Personally I'll be watching united. one im not your mate!! Two what the fuck Ru on about? Three enjoy watching your boring soccer"

Each to their ownhttps://www.google.ie/search?client=ms-android-htc-rev&hl=en-GB&biw=980&bih=168&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=dump+keyes+park+limerick&oq=dump+keyes+park+limerick&gs_l=psy-ab.3...17433.20718.0.21378.14.14.0.0.0.0.192.1720.6j8.14.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..6.1.190...0i24k1.0.43jSNSM9-r4. Personally I don't understand the hype. No need to be ratty. Give me hurling all day long. Football I can take it or leave it. Population wise Dublin will always have an advantage.

MayoForSam

Personally I'll be watching united. one im not your mate!! Two what the fuck Ru on about? Three enjoy watching your boring soccer"

Fairyball

"

Let's take Lovely Leitrim for example. Dublin have clubs with more to pick from than the whole of Leitrim put together.Another thing the Dubs are virtually professional.While players from other countries have to travel all around the country to train with their team mate's. Sure the Dubs have a great team but so they should.

I think it will be a draw

"I think it will be a draw "

Wouldn't be our first draw this season

Let's take Lovely Leitrim for example. Dublin have clubs with more to pick from than the whole of Leitrim put together.Another thing the Dubs are virtually professional.While players from other countries have to travel all around the country to train with their team mate's. Sure the Dubs have a great team but so they should."

#other counties#

Lucan

Let's take Lovely Leitrim for example. Dublin have clubs with more to pick from than the whole of Leitrim put together.Another thing the Dubs are virtually professional.While players from other countries have to travel all around the country to train with their team mate's. Sure the Dubs have a great team but so they should."

If it was about a headcount then rural counties would never win. As for money, Dublin have a great sponsorship deal at the moment but have always had less income from other sources than counties like Cork, Galway, Kerry, and a few others. They've always had the same population advantage over everyone else but haven't had success like this since the seventies. It's really not purely about numbers. If it was then counties like Leitrim, carlow, Longford, Fermanagh, etc, wouldn't bother putting out a team at all.

Let's take Lovely Leitrim for example. Dublin have clubs with more to pick from than the whole of Leitrim put together.Another thing the Dubs are virtually professional.While players from other countries have to travel all around the country to train with their team mate's. Sure the Dubs have a great team but so they should.

If it was about a headcount then rural counties would never win. As for money, Dublin have a great sponsorship deal at the moment but have always had less income from other sources than counties like Cork, Galway, Kerry, and a few others. They've always had the same population advantage over everyone else but haven't had success like this since the seventies. It's really not purely about numbers. If it was then counties like Leitrim, carlow, Longford, Fermanagh, etc, wouldn't bother putting out a team at all. "

They might always have had the same population advantage. But they weren't treated like professional like they are today.The Dubs have everything at their doorstep they play all their big matches in Dublin. They even have their very own section of Croke park.Dublin Will always have a big advantage over everyone else .Their is as good or maybe better talent out their that Will never get to play in croke park because of where they come from.

Lucan

If it was about a headcount then rural counties would never win. As for money, Dublin have a great sponsorship deal at the moment but have always had less income from other sources than counties like Cork, Galway, Kerry, and a few others. They've always had the same population advantage over everyone else but haven't had success like this since the seventies. It's really not purely about numbers. If it was then counties like Leitrim, carlow, Longford, Fermanagh, etc, wouldn't bother putting out a team at all. They might always have had the same population advantage. But they weren't treated like professional like they are today.The Dubs have everything at their doorstep they play all their big matches in Dublin. They even have their very own section of Croke park.Dublin Will always have a big advantage over everyone else .Their is as good or maybe better talent out their that Will never get to play in croke park because of where they come from."

Dublin don't decide where they play in the championship. That's the Leinster council which has two delegates from Dublin and two from every other council in Leinster.

You're sending mixed messages on the Croke Park thing as you want other counties to play there yet if those other counties play against Dublin you want them not to get to Croke Park.

As for the professional thing... Dublin are late comers to the top class treatment of players. Also, there are a number of counties with full time players but Dublin isn't one of them. As for the talented players who don't get to Croke park? Well that's always been the case and always will be. There have been plenty of talented players in Dublin who haven't got there. It's a team game so it doesn't matter how good an individual is if the team isn't good enough.

All the money in the world won't build talent. It'll help develop it but if it's not there then money is worthless.

dundrum

"MayoForSam "
come on te fook Mayo)

» Add a new message to this topic