FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Honest opinion needed

Honest opinion needed

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering are any of ye thinking this site has become full of time wasters !!!

I think it has changed so much in last yr

Also finding it bit daunting on here as single woman

Thanx

T&T

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan  over a year ago

newcastle

It has always been full of time wasters, maybe you have just been unlucky recently.

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan  over a year ago

newcastle

Also being a single woman, if some of messages my friends have received are anything to go by, really must be daunting, I guess putting filters up and you then do the messaging would be the safest thing

By *aftdave1Man  over a year ago

limerick

Hand up only back and alot of the regulars not knocking about

About your questions is it gone to pot about here? Answer not a clue

Unfortunately I can't answer that question of yours

Ps lovin your butterfly

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just wondering are any of ye thinking this site has become full of time wasters !!!

Thanx

T&T"

This site has always had its fair share of timewasters tho your 100% right it has changed over the last year or so the amount of status ive seen recently from single woman saying about abusive messages is unreal. Im sure it is abit daunting but stick at it there are alot of decent people on here that make putting up with the bullshitters worthwhile xx

The short answer is yes I was a member before and not as many profiles were in the site of irish members now it has become popular and loads of profiles but majority are fake and timewasters , The popularity of socials and large meet and greets is the best way to a lot of these ppl out . Buy yes the site has changed

By *xplicitMan  over a year ago

donegal

Was away for a year..very different on return..though mostly same end result...no point using it as a sex site basically..

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I don't think it has changed, at least I can't see any difference. Block single men if needed and you're grand.

By *illium_cobblersMan  over a year ago

swords & Derby

Think you right, i used to think it was 80% wasters and no shows but i have since revised that up. Such a shame

Yes it has definitely changed, plenty more fakes and pic collectors, quality of messages has decreased (it is actually possible ) and the forums, apart from a few threads, are just boring.

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

Having been on site for some years now I do think it has changed.

We have a lot more single males thinking this is dial-a-ride and when they don't get the expected results they can get very stroppy.

Then there's the core group of dreamers... they've always been here. hou just have to them out.

My advice to the lady OP is to remember you are here for you! Your pleasure and yours alone. Don't try to please others, please yourself.

Treat others with respect, even if they're an ass and use your block button.

By *trangetides41Man  over a year ago

Kildare

"Just wondering are any of ye thinking this site has become full of time wasters !!!

Thanx

T&T"

been honest I find it frustrating, iv sent countless emails and Im always nice polite honest and they either get read and ignored or read and deleted

It's very frustrating and actually knocks the confidence out of me

Can't understand what I'm doing wrong, totally thinking about giving up altogether

By *ymbunny2016Man  over a year ago

Bangor

Thanx

T&Tbeen honest I find it frustrating, iv sent countless emails and Im always nice polite honest and they either get read and ignored or read and deleted

It's very frustrating and actually knocks the confidence out of me

Can't understand what I'm doing wrong, totally thinking about giving up altogether "

Maybe make one of your private pics public, so as your profile isn't a blank canvas. You never know, it could make all the difference mate

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man  over a year ago

Meath, Louth border of Airgialla & Naughty,

Thanx

T&T"

yes & some really big changes well from what iv seen anyway ,there used to be so much fun,humor & laughter and threads that almost everyone could post on

not to mention all the past characters.

Thanx

T&T"

Every generation blames the one before, jus singing a bit of mick and the mechanics here, I think you have a lovely profile op, if you dont mind me saying so, well thought out, clear about what your looking for, and bullseye your a young lady, im sorry to hear your getting messed about, some of us men hmmm can be very silly sometimes, first priority, look after the self, secondly you get out what you put in, and thirdly be the change you want to see. Im sure I heard that in a party political broadcast somewheres..

donegal

Theres one thing hasnt changed...guys feel they are being ignored, girls feel guys arent making enough effort!!!

"Having been on site for some years now I do think it has changed.

We have a lot more single males thinking this is dial-a-ride and when they don't get the expected results they can get very stroppy.

Then there's the core group of dreamers... they've always been here. hou just have to them out.

My advice to the lady OP is to remember you are here for you! Your pleasure and yours alone. Don't try to please others, please yourself.

Treat others with respect, even if they're an ass and use your block button. "

This...

donegal

..sorry..one last wee interesting stat for yas all..when i left last year.. in the days before i deleted my profile i counted ...and i had 43 unread mails..most of which were to friends or people i had been in the middle of a conversation with...

.needless to say..i dont bother sending too many mails anymore!!

"..sorry..one last wee interesting stat for yas all..when i left last year.. in the days before i deleted my profile i counted ...and i had 43 unread mails..most of which were to friends or people i had been in the middle of a conversation with...

.needless to say..i dont bother sending too many mails anymore!!"

Ahhh,, Hug..

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"..sorry..one last wee interesting stat for yas all..when i left last year.. in the days before i deleted my profile i counted ...and i had 43 unread mails..most of which were to friends or people i had been in the middle of a conversation with...

Ahhh,, Hug.. "

Those 43 women are dead to him!

Ahhh,, Hug..

Those 43 women are dead to him! "

Thats lovely! Hahaha

on the hill NordWest of

.needless to say..i dont bother sending too many mails anymore!!"

43 I'm-leaving-messages?

donegal

43 I'm-leaving-messages? "

..43 'im leaving' forum posts would be more accurate..

donegal

Ahhh,, Hug..

Those 43 women are dead to him! "

.no way..i never touched 'em officer..

It has changed alot. I have been on and off this site for the last 4 years. I've left due to meeting people but have always returned when it didn't work out. Like it has been said before, alot of the characters are gone. The small group of people that click still just stick to themselves. Women are being so disrespected on here its making it impossible for everyone else and it is making the site dreadfully boring. I have friends here that are here years and they are sick of the politics and bitchiness between people be it on the forums or the public status' they put up. It's pathetic and seems to be all they come here for. It has changed. But like afew have said if you put in the work you'll reap the benifits. There are alot of decent people on here and the socials you'll find them there and on the forums. Other than that it's up to you to maybe message people see for yourself and then block if need be. I hope it comes around for you and for all of us. Happy swinging.

Nick

"It has changed alot. I have been on and off this site for the last 4 years. I've left due to meeting people but have always returned when it didn't work out. Like it has been said before, alot of the characters are gone. The small group of people that click still just stick to themselves. Women are being so disrespected on here its making it impossible for everyone else and it is making the site dreadfully boring. I have friends here that are here years and they are sick of the politics and bitchiness between people be it on the forums or the public status' they put up. It's pathetic and seems to be all they come here for. It has changed. But like afew have said if you put in the work you'll reap the benifits. There are alot of decent people on here and the socials you'll find them there and on the forums. Other than that it's up to you to maybe message people see for yourself and then block if need be. I hope it comes around for you and for all of us. Happy swinging.

Nick"

yes 100% right

I have only started here a while back and everyone I chatted to seems nice.

Now sometimes people don't reply but that was probably due to not being verified but now that I am I think it is good.

Having said that you can spot the time wasters or fakes. Usually with one picture and maybe one review but the person who reviews them also only has one review which is from them.

"I have only started here a while back and everyone I chatted to seems nice.

Now sometimes people don't reply but that was probably due to not being verified but now that I am I think it is good.

Having said that you can spot the time wasters or fakes. Usually with one picture and maybe one review but the person who reviews them also only has one review which is from them. "

That veri thing wouldn't work. One person would have needed to have been verified already as two newbies can't verify each other.

By *rownForFunMan  over a year ago

Near Toulouse

Indeed...the best way to know people is IMHO to go on a meet and greet. Reason is there are so many fake profile on here. Men are women, men are cpl, men are men...

[Removed by poster at 04/09/17 11:48:00]

Having said that you can spot the time wasters or fakes. Usually with one picture and maybe one review but the person who reviews them also only has one review which is from them

That veri thing wouldn't work. One person would have needed to have been verified already as two newbies can't verify each other. "

Oh never knew that. Have you ever been verified by a younger man?

Ive only been here 6 months but in my time ive 100% had a ball! Of course there are the crazies but im a fairly good judge of character so i know fairly quickly if im being played, most of my meets and repeats have been from socials/parties so maybe go that route..

I've been on this site almost 4 years. In that time, apart from a serious stalking experience, I've been very lucky with the people I've communicated with.

I have filters set, they're not terribly restrictive to most people. I don't post a lot of updates or new photos, so my profile stays pretty low key, and consequently I don't get masses of mail. This means that when I do actually get messages I am able to reply. I don't meet often so my reply is usually along those lines, or I say I'm not currently looking, and I can honestly say I've rarely had an abusive or nasty reply to me saying that.

I understand that other people operate their profile as they see fit, and as is their right, but I do think that there are ways around a lot of the problems people have here, and what I do seems to really work for me and might work for others too. It won't stop all the problems, but it makes fab life pretty good most of the time, and therefore easier to write off or shrug off the bad stuff.

Sorry i hit send to soon lol,

I do agree it can be quiet daunting as a single female but after that initial first awful few minutes at a social its all plain sailing from there.. you just have to push yourself out there even if you are dying inside (yes im a tad dramatic lol) best of luck missus x

on the hill NordWest of

This thread is turning into moaning feast about fab and everyone is complaining about something else.

As Ginger said already Fab is what you make of it!

Fab isn't defined by some swinging scene 'characters' that have left the site. People always cum and go here, and they leave most likely for personal reasons and nothing else. Imagine there's no turnover of peeps on this site it would be very boring.

If you seek drama on here you will find drama, no problem. If you simply want to enjoy a bit of fun without drama you can do so too. If you want a lot of attention you'll get a lot of attention etc.

Yes there are fakes, time wasters and the dial for a ride ones, get used to it and learn to spot them respectively to ignore the latter ones.

Treat people how you like to be treated, have some style and self respect and you'll find that fab isn't that bad after all.

Sure It's has it's pros and cons and if you don't like it at all why just leave....

"This thread is turning into moaning feast about fab and everyone is complaining about something else.

Fab isn't defined by some swinging scene 'characters' that have left the site. People always cum and go here, and they leave most likely for personal reasons and nothing else. Imagine there's no turnover of peeps on this site it would be very boring.

If you seek drama on here you will find drama, no problem. If you simply want to enjoy a bit of fun without drama you can do so too. If you want a lot of attention you'll get a lot of attention etc.

Yes there are fakes, time wasters and the dial for a ride ones, get used to it and learn to spot them respectively to ignore the latter ones.

Treat people how you like to be treated, have some style and self respect and you'll find that fab isn't that bad after all.

Sure It's has it's pros and cons and if you don't like it at all why just leave...."

Spot on missus x

Lucan

Ah ffs... I've been sitting here for ages waiting for the row to start. Fab has definitely changed. A few years ago this would have all ended in tears by now!

Having said that you can spot the time wasters or fakes. Usually with one picture and maybe one review but the person who reviews them also only has one review which is from them.

That veri thing wouldn't work. One person would have needed to have been verified already as two newbies can't verify each other. "

Ya you could meet ten profiles on here that don't have veris and still not get verified as one profile has to be verified to verify another

"This thread is turning into moaning feast about fab and everyone is complaining about something else.

Sure It's has it's pros and cons and if you don't like it at all why just leave...."

I have been on here a number of years now

And always treat people as I'd like to be treated

Style and self respect

Has nothing to do with what what I was asking just wanted to know people s thoughts

Don't do drama

Although it does try to find me

(Post telling me how to deal with fab and if don't like leave )

I know exactly how to get attention if I wanted it

Not rocket science

And I wasn't looking for advise about meets

Have that down to exactly way I want

Never said I don't like fab at all , just bit more teadious these days compared to before in my opinion

Certainly never gave second thought to profiles that left ,couldn't care less why people have left, their business

You sure you're replying to same post as I actually put up

Think you have given me advice here for everything but wasn't asking for any advise at all

But thanks all same I've mastered how to be on site the way I want but I can't control what others do or send me

Like yourself here

and I'm well aware of different types of profiles

I don't have problem with any profile as everyone on here for different reasons each to their own

Wasn't looking for all your personal opinions

But I got lock stock and barrel

Bit confused by this post as has nothing to do with what I posted about

Just got alot of unnecessary or needed advice bout alot of things I didn't ask about

If it was a moaning feast like you said maybe you should take your own advice and stayed clear

Alot of moaning about nothing that was asked and from the person who said it turning into moaning fest

Sorry but rant here but there is always one that has to get heard

Does my head in to be honest

"Ah ffs... I've been sitting here for ages waiting for the row to start. Fab has definitely changed. A few years ago this would have all ended in tears by now! "

Dont row bit old for that crap but not keen on people who take it soon themselves to preach to people that obviously wasn't looking or or need opinion

Lucan

"Ah ffs... I've been sitting here for ages waiting for the row to start. Fab has definitely changed. A few years ago this would have all ended in tears by now!

Dont row bit old for that crap but not keen on people who take it soon themselves to preach to people that obviously wasn't looking or or need opinion "

I think you may be taking some general comments a bit too seriously tbh. I don't think anyone was having a go at you.

donegal

Yeah..i sorta wonder if ppl take comments that are made in jest to be offensive..very hard to convey enotion but i have to say..most comments under me i reckon are ppl trying to have a laugh..

.thats my outlook anyway

"Ive only been here 6 months but in my time ive 100% had a ball! Of course there are the crazies but im a fairly good judge of character so i know fairly quickly if im being played, most of my meets and repeats have been from socials/parties so maybe go ithat route.. "

Thanx hun x

By *heseekerofjoyMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Kind of ironic when you say that this place is full of time wasters, and on your profile you state: NOT MEETING ANYBODY

Find that quite funny

on the hill NordWest of

Sure It's has it's pros and cons and if you don't like it at all why just leave....

Style and self respect

Has nothing to do with what what I was asking just wanted to know people s thoughts

Don't do drama

Not rocket science

Never said I don't like fab at all , just bit more teadious these days compared to before in my opinion

Certainly never gave second thought to profiles that left ,couldn't care less why people have left, their business

Think you have given me advice here for everything but wasn't asking for any advise at all

But thanks all same I've mastered how to be on site the way I want but I can't control what others do or send me

Like yourself here

I don't have problem with any profile as everyone on here for different reasons each to their own

Just got alot of unnecessary or needed advice bout alot of things I didn't ask about

If it was a moaning feast like you said maybe you should take your own advice and stayed clear

Alot of moaning about nothing that was asked and from the person who said it turning into moaning fest

"

My apologies op, it wasn't my intention to confuse you or annoy you in anyway. My post was directed at those who took the chance of your thread to moan about these and that rather than address your op. I thought is clear with my opening of moaning feast but obviously I didn't express myself clearly enough. As for your op I gave my opinion in an earlier post.

"Yeah..i sorta wonder if ppl take comments that are made in jest to be offensive..very hard to convey enotion but i have to say..most comments under me i reckon are ppl trying to have a laugh..

.thats my outlook anyway"

Oh ya I agree ,

Just the one now that I really don't know why he felt needed to advise us !

Thanx everyone for comments

Good to know I wasn't only one having same thoughts

And those that are flying it good , I am to just the amount of time wasters is getting crazy

Having said that you can spot the time wasters or fakes. Usually with one picture and maybe one review but the person who reviews them also only has one review which is from them

That veri thing wouldn't work. One person would have needed to have been verified already as two newbies can't verify each other.

Oh never knew that. Have you ever been verified by a younger man?"

Yes, I'd say most of my veris are from younger men. I'm 58.

"Kind of ironic when you say that this place is full of time wasters, and on your profile you state: NOT MEETING ANYBODY

Find that quite funny "

Like I said I have exactly what I need out of site

By *heseekerofjoyMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Kind of ironic when you say that this place is full of time wasters, and on your profile you state: NOT MEETING ANYBODY

Find that quite funny

Like I said I have exactly what I need out of site "

Honestly glad to hear that!

At least someone...

Style and self respect

Don't do drama

Not rocket science

Like yourself here

My apologies op, it wasn't my intention to confuse you or annoy you in anyway. My post was directed at those who took the chance of your thread to moan about these and that rather than address your op. I thought is clear with my opening of moaning feast but obviously I didn't express myself clearly enough. As for your op I gave my opinion in an earlier post. "

Ya saw first post so was wondering why the second one was bit ott

And if I came back ott I apologize

By *trangetides41Man  over a year ago

Kildare

But my bug is the fact ladies either and don't reply or read and delete

Any mail I send is respectful and honest

How, are are you supposed to meet anyone if you don't give them a chance

If you don't like what they say there's a block button

We taught outside the box and orginased a swinging hiking group and had our first hike in glendalough everybody chatted to one another and the crack and banter was brillant even tonight fellow hikers are texting their new hiking buddys !! Face to face is best and let ladys see what u are like

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Style and self respect

Don't do drama

Not rocket science

Like yourself here

My apologies op, it wasn't my intention to confuse you or annoy you in anyway. My post was directed at those who took the chance of your thread to moan about these and that rather than address your op. I thought is clear with my opening of moaning feast but obviously I didn't express myself clearly enough. As for your op I gave my opinion in an earlier post.

Ya saw first post so was wondering why the second one was bit ott

And if I came back ott I apologize

"

Bit off topic here but how easy it is to be misunderstood trough print only

Back to the op

"Ive only been here 6 months but in my time ive 100% had a ball! Of course there are the crazies but im a fairly good judge of character so i know fairly quickly if im being played, most of my meets and repeats have been from socials/parties so maybe go that route.. "

Yes we sure have hun..

I have also been very lucky with my meets and fulfilled some fantasies...

I was on here a while back and had some very enjoyable encounters. This time is very different. .have been chatting some sound people but next to impossible to get a meet and I'm talking in the last year.I think fab been in the media has advertised it to the public and has people on here who have no interest in this lifestyle but just joined to see what it's all about

» Add a new message to this topic