FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Toxic monogamy culture

Toxic monogamy culture

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohnandGem OP   Couple  over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

We came across this recently and found it interesting. G and I dicuss gender issues regularly and we try to avoid falling into the traps mentioned below.

Toxic Monogamy Culture

the normalization of jealousy as an indicator of love

the idea that a sufficiently intense love is enough to overcome any practical incompatibilities

the idea that you should meet your partner’s every need, and if you don’t, you’re either inadequate or they’re too needy

the idea that a sufficiently intense love should cause you to cease to be attracted to anyone else

the idea that commitment is synonymous with exclusivity

the idea that marriage and children are the only valid teleological justifications for being committed to a relationship

the idea that your insecurities are always your partner’s responsibility to tip-toe around and never your responsibility to work on

the idea that your value to a partner is directly proportional to the amount of time and energy they spend on you, and it is in zero-sum competition with everything else they value in life

the idea that being of value to a partner should always make up a large chunk of how you value yourself

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wow... no expectations there so Bullshit. There is so much in that post that I vehemently disagree with, and bullshit was the only word I can come up with.. It certainly gives me more of an insight into why some folk would rather commit themselves to sex robots..

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"Wow... no expectations there so Bullshit. There is so much in that post that I vehemently disagree with, and bullshit was the only word I can come up with.. It certainly gives me more of an insight into why some folk would rather commit themselves to sex robots.. "

I'm confused. I'm saying what's posted above aren't good things. You disagree, therefore they're good?

"Wow... no expectations there so Bullshit. There is so much in that post that I vehemently disagree with, and bullshit was the only word I can come up with.. It certainly gives me more of an insight into why some folk would rather commit themselves to sex robots..

I'm confused. I'm saying what's posted above aren't good things. You disagree, therefore they're good?"

Im not disagreeing with you at all, on the contrary, im very much disagreeing with the article, and its negating of what it is to be human.

Louth/Meath/Dublin

Would you care to elaborate, so I can get a better idea where you're coming from?

"Would you care to elaborate, so I can get a better idea where you're coming from?"

Probably not im coming from a humanistic perspective, and within that the uniqueness of each individual, free will, personal worth etc, our choices of who we want to be as a person, first and foremost, not as part of a couple.

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"Would you care to elaborate, so I can get a better idea where you're coming from?

Probably not im coming from a humanistic perspective, and within that the uniqueness of each individual, free will, personal worth etc, our choices of who we want to be as a person, first and foremost, not as part of a couple."

So sort yourself out first, as best you can before being with someone?

I would tend to agree

"Would you care to elaborate, so I can get a better idea where you're coming from?

Probably not im coming from a humanistic perspective, and within that the uniqueness of each individual, free will, personal worth etc, our choices of who we want to be as a person, first and foremost, not as part of a couple.

So sort yourself out first, as best you can before being with someone?

I would tend to agree"

Absolutely, or not being with someone..

» Add a new message to this topic