FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > My guardian angle.

My guardian angle.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Here's a quick story about something that happened to me yesterday morning and nothing about Fab or sex or swinging but thought I'd share it. It's about judging a book by it's cover.

I pulled into a petrol station yesterday morning and when I parked up my phone rang and I was talking on it for about twenty minutes. In front of me near the door was a girl asking people for money. She was probably late twenties early thirties and stick thin. Even in her jeans and blue rain jacket, she didn't look like she had a jumper on. She had a weather beaten face and was obviously homeless. Some gave her money when they came out, others looked the other way and continued on. When I finished my call I got out and went in and she was in front of me at the deli counter.

She was getting a breakfast roll and the girl asked her did she want three or five items on it. She asked how much the difference was and the girl told her. She started to count her money to see what she could afford. I said to the girl behind the counter to give her five. The homeless girl didn't see me say it to the deli girl. She gave it to her and I ordered mine. She was getting a cup of tea and I got a coffee. I went up to the till and paid for mine and I said to the cashier to take for a cup of tea and a five item breakfast roll. She said did I have it and I said no, it's for a girl behind me in the que. She just looked at me and took for it anyway.

When I was going out I said to the homeless girl that I'd paid for it. She couldn't believe it and a smile came on her face. I don't know from happiness or embarrassment. Anyway, she said thank you and wished me a happy day and said that I wished her a good day too.

Anyway I got back into the car and was eating my roll and the phone went and I was on it another twenty or so minutes. Meanwhile, she was in front of me standing up eating her roll. There was a bit of commotion around a truck parked near me and the driver was in and out of the garage. Eventually the cops arrived and spoke to the truck driver and then went over to the homeless girl and were talking to her and she was emptying out her pockets for them.

I casually asked them what was wrong and they said the truck drivers phone and fifty quid had been taken from the truck while he was inside and obviously coz she's homeless, she's an easy target. I said she been either standing in front of me or in the shop with me for nearly an hour and I doubted if it was her. I was told in a polite way by one of them that I should seriously just fuck off and mind my own business.

They left her and they went into the shop and came out a few minutes later and came over to me and said was I missing anything from my car and I said no, why? They had looked at the cctv in the shop and three young lads were at the truck and took the stuff but also opened my drivers door and were looking around but didn't seem to take anything. I usually lock the doors but I hadn't yesterday morning for some reason.

It made me think. Firstly, always lock your car doors when you get out but in a strange way, while I was looking after the homeless girl with something to eat, her guardian angle was looking after me! But the one thing that did stand out was that there was a homeless girl standing outside minding her own business and when something happens, the first port of call for the cops was her coz she looked iffy.

I suppose why I'm saying this is not 'oh look at me, I'm great' but more don't judge a book by its cover. For the grace of God, go I, I suppose.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Good on you mate.

By *shoreMan  over a year ago

cork

Lovely story.....(dont judge me until you walk a mile in my shoes)

By *aurus2017Man  over a year ago

Dublin Ireland

Great story and from someone who deals with homeless people on a daily basis fair play to you. But I ask the question could she have been a look out for these lads? I assume the guards knew her as they generally do. But they still should not have talked to you in that manner.

"Great story and from someone who deals with homeless people on a daily basis fair play to you. But I ask the question could she have been a look out for these lads? I assume the guards knew her as they generally do. But they still should not have talked to you in that manner. "

I don't think she'd anything to do with it. She was just looking for money from people for food and she was in the garage with me when it happened.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well done lad more power to u

"Here's a quick story about something that happened to me yesterday morning and nothing about Fab or sex or swinging but thought I'd share it. It's about judging a book by it's cover.

I pulled into a petrol station yesterday morning and when I parked up my phone rang and I was talking on it for about twenty minutes. In front of me near the door was a girl asking people for money. She was probably late twenties early thirties and stick thin. Even in her jeans and blue rain jacket, she didn't look like she had a jumper on. She had a weather beaten face and was obviously homeless. Some gave her money when they came out, others looked the other way and continued on. When I finished my call I got out and went in and she was in front of me at the deli counter.

She was getting a breakfast roll and the girl asked her did she want three or five items on it. She asked how much the difference was and the girl told her. She started to count her money to see what she could afford. I said to the girl behind the counter to give her five. The homeless girl didn't see me say it to the deli girl. She gave it to her and I ordered mine. She was getting a cup of tea and I got a coffee. I went up to the till and paid for mine and I said to the cashier to take for a cup of tea and a five item breakfast roll. She said did I have it and I said no, it's for a girl behind me in the que. She just looked at me and took for it anyway.

When I was going out I said to the homeless girl that I'd paid for it. She couldn't believe it and a smile came on her face. I don't know from happiness or embarrassment. Anyway, she said thank you and wished me a happy day and said that I wished her a good day too.

Anyway I got back into the car and was eating my roll and the phone went and I was on it another twenty or so minutes. Meanwhile, she was in front of me standing up eating her roll. There was a bit of commotion around a truck parked near me and the driver was in and out of the garage. Eventually the cops arrived and spoke to the truck driver and then went over to the homeless girl and were talking to her and she was emptying out her pockets for them.

I casually asked them what was wrong and they said the truck drivers phone and fifty quid had been taken from the truck while he was inside and obviously coz she's homeless, she's an easy target. I said she been either standing in front of me or in the shop with me for nearly an hour and I doubted if it was her. I was told in a polite way by one of them that I should seriously just fuck off and mind my own business.

They left her and they went into the shop and came out a few minutes later and came over to me and said was I missing anything from my car and I said no, why? They had looked at the cctv in the shop and three young lads were at the truck and took the stuff but also opened my drivers door and were looking around but didn't seem to take anything. I usually lock the doors but I hadn't yesterday morning for some reason.

It made me think. Firstly, always lock your car doors when you get out but in a strange way, while I was looking after the homeless girl with something to eat, her guardian angle was looking after me! But the one thing that did stand out was that there was a homeless girl standing outside minding her own business and when something happens, the first port of call for the cops was her coz she looked iffy.

I suppose why I'm saying this is not 'oh look at me, I'm great' but more don't judge a book by its cover. For the grace of God, go I, I suppose."

Such a lovely story and but for the grace of god . Good man yourself we need more of your kind around x

I thought this was about a particular angle the Guardian newspaper was taking on a story

Fair play to you OP, great to hear there are others in the world that have such a kind heart.

And you're right, never judge a book by it's cover!

By *onedbodMan  over a year ago

co Galway

Fair play Op well said and done !

I love this post ... it made me sad and happy. You've a gentle soul .. and yes someone watched out for you .. karma you see. That girl is as they say someone's daughter, sister friend .. a human ... there but for the grace of God go I. Well done to you sir for buying her breakfast but also for standing up for her

By *ork fellaMan  over a year ago

Macroom

Fair play to you OP. Sickened how this country treats some of its citizens. 3 homeless dead in the last few days that we know about around the country. Says an awful lot about who we have become as a people. Weve become so modern weve gone backwards.

"Fair play to you OP. Sickened how this country treats some of its citizens. 3 homeless dead in the last few days that we know about around the country. Says an awful lot about who we have become as a people. Weve become so modern weve gone backwards.

"

Some of our humanity and empathy have gone

By *ork fellaMan  over a year ago

Macroom

"Fair play to you OP. Sickened how this country treats some of its citizens. 3 homeless dead in the last few days that we know about around the country. Says an awful lot about who we have become as a people. Weve become so modern weve gone backwards.

Some of our humanity and empathy have gone "

Thats so true. Such a shame.

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

A beautiful message of hope. Fair play Joey, I know you didn't post this for praise but you deserve it. We are born with the same rights but the book cover does dictate how society looks at each other and we are all guilty of it in different ways, some intentional, some not. I was reading a great blog the other day about how we as a society have never been so connected (technology) and yet never so alone. Am delighted that you trusted your gut instinct and showed humanity in helping and defending that lady. Firm believer in pay it forward for all our sakes.

By *ugarandspice101Couple  over a year ago

Belfast

That's a lovely thread OP. Well done x

Well done OP!

By *ohnandGemCouple  over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"I thought this was about a particular angle the Guardian newspaper was taking on a story"

Oh give him a break, it's acute story.

Fair play OP. Top bloke.

Fair play...nicely done fella

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

Good for you Joey. The world would be a better place if there were more "Joeys"

Everyone judged nowadays

Sure look how the guards first treated you.

But fair play to you

**ANGEL**

By *ustin-SiderMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Before judging someone you should first walk a mile in their shoes...... because then you'll be a mile away AND you'll have their shoes.

Fair play OP, the world needs more like you.

By *rs Pink PantherWoman  over a year ago

The Darkest Side

Good for you OP...and I wholeheartedly believe in angel's.

We had a really weird thing happen a few weeks ago without going into detail we had a really rough few weeks and had on a rare occasion with all of us in the car pulled up for a MC Donald's drive through...when we went to pay the girl at the payment part said, "oh the lady in front paid for yours" and I was like thinking there'd been a mistake and was about to say we'll just put ours through the machine again and she was like "No it was a random act of kindness and the lady had wanted to pay for our meal" I nearly fell out of the car as honestly the timing couldn't have been any weirder and i actually think it was a message to us that even though times can get really shit there are still some very kind people in the world and to remember that. We all just knew it was a sign. I think we should all in life think of others even if it's only very small, as on that day that meant the world to me and I'll not forget it.

"Good for you OP...and I wholeheartedly believe in angel's.

We had a really weird thing happen a few weeks ago without going into detail we had a really rough few weeks and had on a rare occasion with all of us in the car pulled up for a MC Donald's drive through...when we went to pay the girl at the payment part said, "oh the lady in front paid for yours" and I was like thinking there'd been a mistake and was about to say we'll just put ours through the machine again and she was like "No it was a random act of kindness and the lady had wanted to pay for our meal" I nearly fell out of the car as honestly the timing couldn't have been any weirder and i actually think it was a message to us that even though times can get really shit there are still some very kind people in the world and to remember that. We all just knew it was a sign. I think we should all in life think of others even if it's only very small, as on that day that meant the world to me and I'll not forget it. "

There is act of kindness done everyday of the week in our small country...

Near Argos in Wexford town is an alleyway. There has been an middle aged man sleeping rough there for a while now. This guy reads books all day long while sitting on newspapers. It is heart wrenching. I often wonder if there is anything I can do to help these folks. I cannot house him or set him up in a job. But I thought that if I cannot solve his problem, I could help alleviate his current situation. So, I went into Argos and bought his a fold up canvas chair. It only cost me €9 but it will help his situation. He need not any more sit on damp newspapers.

There is something small we can all do, I'm sure of it.

I think there is something small we can all do. Be it buying them a chair to sit on, a cup of coffee or paying something forward. It's the small things that mean a lot to someone else.

» Add a new message to this topic