FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Homeless deaths.

Homeless deaths.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So sad the news today, of two people registered as homeless, found dead.Such an inhumane way to pass. RIP.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackandsashaCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

So very very sad.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And will only get worse in the months ahead.

That so so sad .

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

"And will only get worse in the months ahead."

As an outsider, may I know why?

I thought EU/Ireland economy is getting better?

"And will only get worse in the months ahead.

I thought EU/Ireland economy is getting better?"

because it will be winter....and that kills homeless people quicker than summer does.

The economy is doing well, but we have a housing shortage, rents are at a premium and we have a homeless population at an all time high.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

While the economy is rising so are rents and afforadable rental accommodation is becoming harder to find a lot of people have found them selves on the streets,yes whole families in some cases the lack of foresight and a willingness to build such accommodation by the revelation authority's has added to the problem. We are in one of the worst homeless periods of the states history

because it will be winter....and that kills homeless people quicker than summer does."

And lots more people to be evicted by November with nowhere to go. Ireland's economy statistics are fake. They don't take inflation or population increase into account when throwing GDP growth figures around, lots of sectors are failing such as retail, housing. pharmaceutical and IT sectors have not grown (export wise) in seven years. Ireland is in bits and been sold off, sector by sector.

even if the economy was twice as good you'll still have the same amount of homeless on the streets....you might have less in hotels and stuff as those people start getting jobs again...but the poor people on the street with mental health or drug or more problems...they mostly stay where they are living between prison hostels and doorways...they've always been there on the fringe of society and always will I'd say...and sadly some may die of hypothermia when winter kicks in.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Thank you.

Make sense.

I noticed how expensive things are especially in Dublin and Cork - compared to UK.

"Thank you.

Make sense.

I noticed how expensive things are especially in Dublin and Cork - compared to UK."

The brexit implications are not helping this cause.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

While the economy is rising so are rents and afforadable rental accommodation is becoming harder to find a lot of people have found them selves on the streets,yes whole families in some cases the lack of foresight and a willingness to build such accommodation by the revelation authority's has added to the problem. We are in one of the worst homeless periods of the states history "

Bottom line is we haven't learned anything from the crash, no precaution measures have been set in place, the housing and rental market are going mad again, still the same corrupt politicians in place lying through their teeth plus increasing their own salary and the homeless situation is spiralling it's an absolute disgrace. Nearly 3000 children are homeless in this country!

While the economy is rising so are rents and afforadable rental accommodation is becoming harder to find a lot of people have found them selves on the streets,yes whole families in some cases the lack of foresight and a willingness to build such accommodation by the revelation authority's has added to the problem. We are in one of the worst homeless periods of the states history

Bottom line is we haven't learned anything from the crash, no precaution measures have been set in place, the housing and rental market are going mad again, still the same corrupt politicians in place lying through their teeth plus increasing their own salary and the homeless situation is spiralling it's an absolute disgrace. Nearly 3000 children are homeless in this country! "

When the economy crashed, banks should never have been allowed to retain 95% of the market control. New banking practices like Germany's should have been implemented.

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

It doesnt matter at this stage who's to blame. Its Endas fault and its the bankers fault yada yada yada!Enough already!. Its actually OUR FAULT!. We live in a democracy and voted these people who allow it to continue.

So in the meantime, be good people when the cold season is coming? Donate what ye have to make folk a bit warmer. Its a short term solution to a huge problem but when i see shit like that in the media, im grateful ive a roof over my head and that my kids are safe and warm.

Giving a fiver to someone less fortunate than you, will make someones day. In return, it will make your day too.

By *safunwituMan  over a year ago

Enniscorthy

[Removed by poster at 01/09/17 00:19:22]

Well said X your right I'd always give a few pound

By *safunwituMan  over a year ago

Enniscorthy

Very sad and is only going to get worse.

Simple solution would be to start building full council estates again, and fuck this idea of having 20 percent social and affordable housing, it ain't working.

Cap the rates of rent properly and make sure the landlords don't find a loop hole to increase the rent above and beyond that cap.

By *onygirl19Woman  over a year ago

co dublin

The economy may look like it's getting better , but in reality the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting much much poorer ! And the next crash is going to be so much worse than the last because there are so many people crippled with debt and living on the breadline because of the cost of rents , etc etc

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"It doesnt matter at this stage who's to blame. Its Endas fault and its the bankers fault yada yada yada!Enough already!. Its actually OUR FAULT!. We live in a democracy and voted these people who allow it to continue.

So in the meantime, be good people when the cold season is coming? Donate what ye have to make folk a bit warmer. Its a short term solution to a huge problem but when i see shit like that in the media, im grateful ive a roof over my head and that my kids are safe and warm.

Giving a fiver to someone less fortunate than you, will make someones day. In return, it will make your day too.

"

Or even just go in a shop but then a meal or a drink and spend just 5 minutes talking to them.

It is guaranteed to break your heart how they got there and how little help there is for them.

And before you walk away remember most of us are only 2 paychecks from maybe being in their position too...

Sorry only saw your question now, the economy is getting better but property rental is very expensive as there is a massive housing shortage so if you are homeless you don't have much hope of getting anywhere. Some people are sleeping rough because of conditions in the homeless shelters are not up to scratch and the drug problem puts them off if they are trying to stay clean

» Add a new message to this topic