FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Mayo football...

Mayo football...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/08/17 00:34:29]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

What do we think? Will the Mayo team ever break the curse? Or are they forever doomed and will never win?

By *owdyboy 890Man  over a year ago

Country West

Nope they should have won today but it's still all to play for again weekend xx

By *orguyMan  over a year ago

Tuam

Load of rubbish about a curse. Watch the interview with the last remaining member of that team.

It's only an excuse they use. In fairness Mayo supporters talk to much crap. No other county attracts such attention.

They're very quiet tonight.

They should have won today by 4/5 but didn't have the killer instinct to put Kerry away.

Foolish putting A O Shea on Donaghy. Donaghy was still Kerry's best players today while being marked by one of Mayo's best players.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mayo fans don't put the guys on the pitch, we follow our boys through the heartaches, Our team goes out and do what they can on the day. Are they going to win Sam this year? Who knows but one thing for sure we will fill Croke Park full of belief! Why? Because we are Mayo fans. MAIGH EO ABU

"Load of rubbish about a curse. Watch the interview with the last remaining member of that team.

It's only an excuse they use. In fairness Mayo supporters talk to much crap. No other county attracts such attention.

They should have won today by 4/5 but didn't have the killer instinct to put Kerry away.

Wouldn't agree there. O'Shea on him was the perfect plan I think. Created a game plan Kerry weren't expecting and in defence they had obviously prepared defending him but he wasn't there and the defenders shat themselves...

Foolish putting A O Shea on Donaghy. Donaghy was still Kerry's best players today while being marked by one of Mayo's best players."

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Love seeing them get to the final only to lose its very funny..wouldnt you think they'd give up by now..its obvious mayo are born losers..if mayo win an all ireland ill kill myself thats how sure i am they wont win

What a statement.....very sad man

louth

Go on the mighty dubs

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

If the mayo management team had any brains they would dangerous. ..as for the o'shea brothers .rubbish .will kerry give the slowest mayo forward so much room next day ( Andy moran) I don't think so .Dublin would beat the pick of them both

It's disappointing that they didn't win Sunday. Would be a great story if they get to the all Ireland and win it this year. They have had a tough run of games. They need toilet Aiden o'shea in the forwards he is too valuable up front

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"It's disappointing that they didn't win Sunday. Would be a great story if they get to the all Ireland and win it this year. They have had a tough run of games. They need toilet Aiden o'shea in the forwards he is too valuable up front "

I know he's shite but calling him "toilet" is a bit much!

By *om38500Man  over a year ago

mayo

(More of dat) what planet you on. Ye won't get past Tyrone. Anyone that knows football wouldn't be saying o Shea's are rubbish. Ya Aiden o Shea has a bad day but doesn't every footballer. Aiden o Shea has shut up the critics this year. He a huge asset to mayo. Dublin are the team everyone on bout since start of the year but if I was a dub fan I'd be very afraid of Tyrone.

Lucan

"(More of dat) what planet you on. Ye won't get past Tyrone. Anyone that knows football wouldn't be saying o Shea's are rubbish. Ya Aiden o Shea has a bad day but doesn't every footballer. Aiden o Shea has shut up the critics this year. He a huge asset to mayo. Dublin are the team everyone on bout since start of the year but if I was a dub fan I'd be very afraid of Tyrone. "

A lot of the pundits have predicted Kerry to win this year. Most Dublin fans are a bit cautious as they haven't been properly tested yet at all.

mayo

Not been been bias towards mayo but I honestly think mayo will take Kerry on Saturday. As for Dublin I think physically Tyrone will disrupt der game. I agree bout Dublin not been tested an it will b der downfall

By *ack 188Man  over a year ago

Dublin 15

Why would the Dublin fans fear anybody .maybe I'm missing something here.

skerries

Not Dublin fault if the rest are useless .sick hearing the same old stories every year .mayo are bottlers. As for the o'shea .they play well when mayo are winning ..like against roscommon but when you need them to step up to the plate .they go missing

"It's disappointing that they didn't win Sunday. Would be a great story if they get to the all Ireland and win it this year. They have had a tough run of games. They need toilet Aiden o'shea in the forwards he is too valuable up front

I know he's shite but calling him "toilet" is a bit much! "

I need to review what I type haha.

mayo

Look we will wait for Saturday an see. I know my football. Them players work so hard an are so determined to win. They will beat Kerry. Tyrone will beat Dublin an we will ave some final. It will be good for the game to see dubs out. To much money pumped into club an county up der. Oh plus yer a cocky bunch as well. Not da players da supporters.

Lucan

"Not been been bias towards mayo but I honestly think mayo will take Kerry on Saturday. As for Dublin I think physically Tyrone will disrupt der game. I agree bout Dublin not been tested an it will b der downfall"

I don't think Dublin have anything to fear from anyone when it comes to physicality. Tyrone has them on the ropes in the league but still managed to let them back to draw after Dublin were seven points down half way through the second half. The weather could be a big factor as it was yesterday. If Saturday is a dry day I think Mayo will have serious difficulty tbh.

The winners of mayo and kerry will win the all ireland and it will be because of what tyrone do to dublin. Tyrone might not win the match but the will rattle dublin very badly and mayo or kerry will pick off whats left.

Tyrone have waited for a long time to get dublin in a big game and they will relish it. The hits are going to be so collossal all youll hear on sunday night in croke park is bones shaking

All mayo lack is the killer instinct the ability to kill a game they are certainly good enough. They would have won it last year but for some strange reason the manager changed the keeper and we all know how that went.

If dublin dont win the all ireland this year watch gavin cluxton brogan etc walk

Lucan

" ...It will be good for the game to see dubs out. To much money pumped into club an county up derby. "

What ?Dublin have only won a handful of titles in the last few years, much less than Kerry have if you take a reasonable few years into account. As for the money, it's sponsorship which increases with success. I'm sure Mayo are doing quite well at the moment also. As for the club thing, I would imagine Mayo clubs probably earn as much from gate receipts as Dublin clubs, and possibly a lot more. Dublin clubs traditionally have always been reasonably poor earners.

Lucan

"The winners of mayo and kerry will win the all ireland and it will be because of what tyrone do to dublin. Tyrone might not win the match but the will rattle dublin very badly and mayo or kerry will pick off whats left.

Tyrone have waited for a long time to get dublin in a big game and they will relish it. The hits are going to be so collossal all youll hear on sunday night in croke park is bones shaking

All mayo lack is the killer instinct the ability to kill a game they are certainly good enough. They would have won it last year but for some strange reason the manager changed the keeper and we all know how that went.

If dublin dont win the all ireland this year watch gavin cluxton brogan etc walk"

Jim Gavin afaik is in the last year of his agreement.

Stephen Cluxton is almost 36

Bernard Brogan is 33

I'm not sure any of them will be around next year even if they win so I'm not sure where you're going with your daft analysis.

And also fair play to dublin for managing their money and investing in their youth unlike other counties. Only grievance i have with dublin is they shouldnt be allowed play as many games at croke park as they do its definitely an advantage

"The winners of mayo and kerry will win the all ireland and it will be because of what tyrone do to dublin. Tyrone might not win the match but the will rattle dublin very badly and mayo or kerry will pick off whats left.

If dublin dont win the all ireland this year watch gavin cluxton brogan etc walk

Bernard Brogan is 33

I'm not sure any of them will be around next year even if they win so I'm not sure where you're going with your daft analysis. "

I just named them there will be one or two "shock" quitters who wont have the bottle to carry on and redeem themselves

Lucan

"And also fair play to dublin for managing their money and investing in their youth unlike other counties. Only grievance i have with dublin is they shouldnt be allowed play as many games at croke park as they do its definitely an advantage"

Tyrone are a county who know how to invest in the future as well. Their centre of excellence at Garvaghy was unique when opened and probably still the best in the country.

Croke Park... Hmmm, the locations for games are chosen by the Leinster Council. There are two delegates from every county in Leinster. That's two from Dublin, two from Wexford, two from Louth, two from Meath, etc. That means that it's effectively the other counties who decide.

Lucan

Bernard Brogan is 33

I'm not sure any of them will be around next year even if they win so I'm not sure where you're going with your daft analysis.

I just named them there will be one or two "shock" quitters who wont have the bottle to carry on and redeem themselves"

What "shock" retirements have you predicted? The players you mentioned are at the end of their careers? They'll be unlikely enough to be there next year.

louth

"Not Dublin fault if the rest are useless .sick hearing the same old stories every year .mayo are bottlers. As for the o'shea .they play well when mayo are winning ..like against roscommon but when you need them to step up to the plate .they go missing "

So true when the going gets tough their heads drop ..losers mentality..It seems backbones are in short supply in the west of ireland

mayo

No wonder da whole off da footballing country is hoping Dublin get bet. As I said already great football team but shame bout da handful of cocky arrogant supporters. Auld dub was always a great supporter. Younger supporter's haven't a fkn clue. I'm saying it as iv been part of a county set up an know da story.

skerries

What's the difference between aiden o'shea and Stephen cluxton .

Answer .4 all ireland medals

Lucan

"No wonder da whole off da footballing country is hoping Dublin get bet. As I said already great football team but shame bout da handful of cocky arrogant supporters. Auld dub was always a great supporter. Younger supporter's haven't a fkn clue. I'm saying it as iv been part of a county set up an know da story. "

Aren't you now guilty of the arrogance you're accusing Dubs of?

By *uckypuppy007Woman  over a year ago

dublin

"Load of rubbish about a curse. Watch the interview with the last remaining member of that team.

Foolish putting A O Shea on Donaghy. Donaghy was still Kerry's best players today while being marked by one of Mayo's best players."

In defence, if you knew anything about gaa and how long it takes to train for a specific position - and the to be fooked into a different one - as I'm sure AOS feels - thrown under the freckin bus!!!

dublin

"Love seeing them get to the final only to lose its very funny..wouldnt you think they'd give up by now..its obvious mayo are born losers..if mayo win an all ireland ill kill myself thats how sure i am they wont win "

DICK!

Tuam

Foolish putting A O Shea on Donaghy. Donaghy was still Kerry's best players today while being marked by one of Mayo's best players.

In defence, if you knew anything about gaa and how long it takes to train for a specific position - and the to be fooked into a different one - as I'm sure AOS feels - thrown under the freckin bus!!!"

Please go back and read what I wrote "Foolish putting A O Shea on Donaghy"

It wasn't me that put him there. So really your saying your management team don't know anything about GAA and how long it takes to train for a specific position.

Your also saying the Mayo management threw him under the bus.

You should have a word with them and give them some advice.

dublin

In defence, if you knew anything about gaa and how long it takes to train for a specific position - and the to be fooked into a different one - as I'm sure AOS feels - thrown under the freckin bus!!!

It wasn't me that put him there. So really your saying your management team don't know anything about GAA and how long it takes to train for a specific position.

You should have a word with them and give them some advice. "

I am agreeing with u..AOS.. it was worth a try but at half time..not working (enough)..change it up!!

Tuam

You should have a word with them and give them some advice.

I am agreeing with u..AOS.. it was worth a try but at half time..not working (enough)..change it up!!"

My apologies. I picked your post up wrong.

It's the Mayo management your commenting on.

"No wonder da whole off da footballing country is hoping Dublin get bet. As I said already great football team but shame bout da handful of cocky arrogant supporters. Auld dub was always a great supporter. Younger supporter's haven't a fkn clue. I'm saying it as iv been part of a county set up an know da story.

Aren't you now guilty of the arrogance you're accusing Dubs of? "

Nope, he's just saying what most people are thinking

Lucan

"No wonder da whole off da footballing country is hoping Dublin get bet. As I said already great football team but shame bout da handful of cocky arrogant supporters. Auld dub was always a great supporter. Younger supporter's haven't a fkn clue. I'm saying it as iv been part of a county set up an know da story.

Nope, he's just saying what most people are thinking "

No, he's saying that he (and Mayo supporters, I think) know more about the game than young Dublin supporters. That's absolute nonsense.

No, he's saying that he (and Mayo supporters, I think) know more about the game than young Dublin supporters. That's absolute nonsense. "

I understood it that he was talking about the cocky Dub supporters.

louth

"Love seeing them get to the final only to lose its very funny..wouldnt you think they'd give up by now..its obvious mayo are born losers..if mayo win an all ireland ill kill myself thats how sure i am they wont win

DICK! "

oh you can call me whatever you like

By *ack 188Man  over a year ago

Dublin 15

Why on earth are we talking about Mayo...they haven't proved anything over the years

louth

"Why on earth are we talking about Mayo...they haven't proved anything over the years"

percisely they are shite in a bucket

"Why on earth are we talking about Mayo...they haven't proved anything over the years

percisely they are shite in a bucket "

I think these are the kinds of supporters the above poster is commenting on

louth

"Why on earth are we talking about Mayo...they haven't proved anything over the years

I think these are the kinds of supporters the above poster is commenting on "

ah sure its only a bit of harmless banter..i dont think mayo people see it that way..they get very defensive..I dont think they can take a slagging at all

ah sure its only a bit of harmless banter..i dont think mayo people see it that way..they get very defensive..I dont think they can take a slagging at all "

Saying you'll kill yourself (above) is harmless banter?

Riiiiight!

louth

ah sure its only a bit of harmless banter..i dont think mayo people see it that way..they get very defensive..I dont think they can take a slagging at all

Saying you'll kill yourself (above) is harmless banter?

Riiiiight! "

did you not think that was funny

Lucan

No, he's saying that he (and Mayo supporters, I think) know more about the game than young Dublin supporters. That's absolute nonsense.

I understood it that he was talking about the cocky Dub supporters. "

Sure every single county in the country has them, Mayo included and even himself included with his "I know what I'm talking about, unlike others" suggestion.

Thought this thread was gonna be a snore fest but loving the back and forth

Tuam

Take at look at all the GAA threads on the Irish forum.

Mayo supporters have trash talked most counties and attract so much negativity to themselves. This is why most people are laughing at them.

Galway and Waterford are in the hurling final....not one bit of trash talk from either side. Or from any other counties.

Teams and supporters need to be gracious in victory and defeat.

That's what sport is about.

"Thought this thread was gonna be a snore fest but loving the back and forth "

[Removed by poster at 22/08/17 19:01:32]

dublin

"Take at look at all the GAA threads on the Irish forum.

Mayo supporters have trash talked most counties and attract so much negativity to themselves. This is why most people are laughing at them.

Galway and Waterford are in the hurling final....not one bit of trash talk from either side. Or from any other counties.

That's what sport is about."

TOTALLY agree..but that's not the reality on the ground...sad times!

I really thought it was Roscommons year sad times ha

Using a curse as an excuse for not being good enough. A whole county waiting for 2 auld lads to die. Their the gaelic football equivalent of arsenal.. That's my 2 cents.

That's what sport is about."

That's rich, coming from the guy who continuously puts Mayo down!

Mayo will sort out the full back the next day..and move Aidan o Shea up...as he is worth a few pints....and get half backs moving up...and sort out the kickkout....and take the handy scores...and Mayo can easily do it...

Tuam

That's rich, coming from the guy who continuously puts Mayo down! "

Nope...I just take the mick out of the silly posts.

Read my posts...I always support Connacht teams after Galway. I've watched Mayo in Croke Park quite a few times and other venues down the years.

Have you ever seen me trash talk any team we were beaten by??? No.

I would hazard a guess that your a fair weather supporter that doesn't go to any match before the quarter final.

By *trawberryCutieWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

As a dub who works in Croke park can I just say to all the mayo / Kerry supporter's thank you for your kindness the offer of a drink / coffee/ even a coat . The respect you showed was second to nothing. I look forward to seen you all again on Saturday

[Removed by poster at 23/08/17 07:18:08]

Read my posts...I always support Connacht teams after Galway. I've watched Mayo in Croke Park quite a few times and other venues down the years.

I would hazard a guess that your a fair weather supporter that doesn't go to any match before the quarter final."

Not that it's any of your business, I go to the majority of games (league and championship)

Now, I'm done talking to you. I have you blocked for a reason.

I go to all league n chanpiondhip to

This is the year bold all we need is sime good luck

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

Love watching mayo in the all Ireland it's like watching a kid try to catch a soap bubble,they think it's in their hands then POP it never gets old

Tuam

[Removed by poster at 23/08/17 10:49:34]

Tuam

I would hazard a guess that your a fair weather supporter that doesn't go to any match before the quarter final.

Not that it's any of your business, I go to the majority of games (league and championship)

Now, I'm done talking to you. I have you blocked for a reason. "

Lmfao watching from behind the couch.

Very poor comeback.

Kerry were poor on Sunday. Was their first tough game in a while so would have stood to them. Can't see them losing the replay.

Having said that, with AOS back centre forward, mayo will be a better team also.

Looking forward to a good game!

By *at3232Woman  over a year ago

the moon

You're quiet now....?

You're quiet now....?"

Lol

» Add a new message to this topic