FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Gym or Meditation

Gym or Meditation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Which will fare me better on here?

Getting the rock solid six pack by going to the gym every day?

Or meditating or in some way improving my mental health and who I am as a person?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Which will fare me better on here?

Or meditating or in some way improving my mental health and who I am as a person?"

---------------------

Sexiness is a state of mind & the most attractive quality anyone can have, so would go with meditation or visualization

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Or meditating or in some way improving my mental health and who I am as a person?"

Not knowing you.

Does your mental health need improving? And do you think it would help you on here?

Do you think 6 pack will help you?

Rather than choosing either a 6 pack or being mentally healthy why not try for both?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well surely your mental health is far more important than having a six pack.

By *xyzptlk088Man  over a year ago

Galway

A healthy body helps in achieving a healthy mind both do not have to be mutually exclusive,you can join a gym that has meditation classes and alternate between both

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Well u could think about having a six pack

Can you mediate while doing situps?

By *shoreMan  over a year ago

cork

Yoga....do both

The purpose of meditation is not to impress others. It is a more personal experience. Ot helps people to sleep better, stress less , meditation can help prevent overeating, helps people to cope with anxiety , connects people to the present moment and pulls their attachment from the past and the future. It helps to center the mind and learn we are not in cpntrol of events only our response to them. It's fantastic once you get into it.

Highly recommend headspace as an app to get started.

My own 2 cents for what it's worth and maybe it's just something that works for me but hey

Why not work somewhere in the middle. For a start getting a shredded 6 pack is more than just the gym it's basically a lifestyle overhaul and hard to manage... personally I go to the gym for myself. Enjoy it stick on the headphones and it's great to have that time just for you. Naturally then get into a better shape which will help a bit with the mental side too as you get happier naturally when you see the change basically why not try use one as the other get some personal time/headspace as well as physical alteration

Key is to find something that works for you

Why not both? I love working out. It helps me to relax while making me feel good. That combined with meditation will only help as well

By *aughthycoupleCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne

"Why not both? I love working out. It helps me to relax while making me feel good. That combined with meditation will only help as well "
so agree

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The events in barca today have shown me inner peace and strength is as important as outer strength so I will do both.

I see going to the gym as a form of meditation. I look forward to it in the morning. And when I get there it is nice to see everyone else there also. Like a community in itself, even though not much is said.

When doing my workout, I dont think much about the coming day or problems/issues, just the work out and hitting goals and pushing myself. Then you have the added benefits of feeling great when finished, the obvious health benefits and the knock on effect of looking decent.

But as pointed out above, you can definitely do both and each will have their own specific benefits.

Why pigeon hole yourself

You should try a balance of both it works for me

» Add a new message to this topic