FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Great pics, crap profile and vice versa...

Great pics, crap profile and vice versa...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohnandGem OP   Couple  over a year ago

Louth/Meath/Dublin

I'm sure we're not the only ones who browse over profiles, impressed by the pictures only to read the text, and be utterly disappointed but what lies within. Either really bad text speak or just unable to string a sentence together. Instant turn off.

Or you read some text and say to yourself, "yep they're our kind of people" and the pictures are terrible....are they physically our type? I can't tell.

or worse of all, pictures and text are great! But she's straight.

*Disclaimer* We are aware that our profile isn't the best. We're not here long and it's a work in progress. But some profiles are around here long enough and have no excuse!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rs Pink PantherWoman  over a year ago

The Darkest Side

I'm guilty and banged to rights

By *xplicitMan  over a year ago

donegal

"I'm guilty and banged to rights "

.i enjoyed yours..best one i read in ages..

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"I'm guilty and banged to rights "

Ah but you've no public pictures, no text and you're bi. That creates intrigue.....we should mail you find out more. Which I assume is the way you want it?

The Darkest Side

"I'm guilty and banged to rights

.i enjoyed yours..best one i read in ages.. "

Less is more

By *xplicitMan  over a year ago

donegal

Less is more "

..dont think all the ladies agree with that sentiment..PMSL..

The Darkest Side

Ah but you've no public pictures, no text and you're bi. That creates intrigue.....we should mail you find out more. Which I assume is the way you want it?"

Just try to keep it simple...my filters are in place to keep me sane

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm sure we're not the only ones who browse over profiles, impressed by the pictures only to read the text, and be utterly disappointed but what lies within. Either really bad text speak or just unable to string a sentence together. Instant turn off.

Or you read some text and say to yourself, "yep they're our kind of people" and the pictures are terrible....are they physically our type? I can't tell.

or worse of all, pictures and text are great! But she's straight.

*Disclaimer* We are aware that our profile isn't the best. We're not here long and it's a work in progress. But some profiles are around here long enough and have no excuse!"

Are my profile beeee tasty?

Have to agree, the amount of chancers here too are both laudable and laughable.

I do so enjoy a well put-together post. Bravo OP (No sarcasm voiced, or intended here).

I've not much up but if I'm interested in someone they'll find out all they need to know when I get chatting them

Amen english

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

While agreeing with u on the above and having read ur profile which has enough information to string a comprehensive first mail together what gets me laughing is the profiles that have no pics and a list of demands or rules. Why even bother we are all here to sell our selves to others in the hope we meet a match or two maybe three, then they demand a pic first mail . But each to their own.

Louth/Meath/Dublin

"I've not much up but if I'm interested in someone they'll find out all they need to know when I get chatting them"

It's not about the quantity, but the quality. No need for an essay if you've got a few well written lines.

"I've not much up but if I'm interested in someone they'll find out all they need to know when I get chatting them

It's not about the quantity, but the quality. No need for an essay if you've got a few well written lines. "

Very true

Hate the ones that go on and on so you lose the will to live before you've finished reading

The problem for us single men is that there's a group of us with appalling profiles and behaviours spoiling it for the remaining normal people.

Far from me to say my profile is perfect, not even near, but we have to compete with ignorant and pushy people putting us in clear disadvantage.

It's already difficult because of the rules of big numbers... If then you add bad behaviours then the probabilities of getting a reply are very thin.

Everything to be put on top of the fact that tastes come first anyway making people not likeable for everyone, as it's normal for it to be.

There's a lot of hard work for a single man here to get a reply

Speak for yourself steba ...your obv going about it the wrong way

As a verbose grammar nazi who loathes text speak I do admit that the well written profile (be it a F, M, MF (or combinations thereof) is generally more important to me than the pics. An engaging profile is nigh on a real turn on for me.....in the same way that a numbskulled textspeak entry is a huge no no. Besides folk who think that "m8" is acceptable would be highly unlikely to find me an irresistible stud muffin. As to those with no pics.....no no no.

As a couple looking for single males, we realised pretty quickly that it didn't matter at all what text if any we put in our profile, since only a minority bother to read it.

"As a couple looking for single males, we realised pretty quickly that it didn't matter at all what text if any we put in our profile, since only a minority bother to read it. "

I'm mutant and proud! Oh, wait, that was supposed to be minority and proud... Wrong franchise.

If I was going about it the wrong way there wouldn't be so many couples begging singles not to contact them don't you think?

Big majority of women and couples profile ask singles not to contact them and, by their own admission, they are flooded anyway but people who clearly can't read.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"As a couple looking for single males, we realised pretty quickly that it didn't matter at all what text if any we put in our profile, since only a minority bother to read it. "

Awe but it's the ones that do can turn out to be the gems amongst the rough

"As a couple looking for single males, we realised pretty quickly that it didn't matter at all what text if any we put in our profile, since only a minority bother to read it.

Awe but it's the ones that do can turn out to be the gems amongst the rough "

We found it more productive to be proactive in making contact outselves

I'm sure our profile is not the best but have seen some really crap ones. It's annoying if there are no pics or if they are all friend only ... Purely because I want to perv

Also dislike a long list of do's and don'ts and then a code word at the bottom

"

Also dislike a long list of do's and don'ts and then a code word at the bottom "

Amen!

By *um-onMan  over a year ago

Dublin, Celbridge

yes indeed !

Nobody is perfect

something should be missing

and something should be surprised.

But until to really speak face to face with someone don't judge.

Just keep always the small basket and let the surprise to come instead of looking what is missing.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Both mine are crap...

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It depends what turns you more on. If you're a more visual person and the pics are great and the text is shite maybe give it a bash and message. It's not everyone's thing to write a good advertising blurb but it might turn out that in conversation the person opens up.

If you're one who needs more mental stimulation and you like what you read but the pics are shite, again give it a bash and message. Pictures can be very deceptive and sometimes don't do justice.

If you need both, apply the same approach. A profile is only a shop window. Spangly looking goods with a nice selling speech can be of shite quality too. It's the groundwork you've to put in to find a meet that ticks your boxes. It's an effort we all have to do when looking for a good meet.

"It depends what turns you more on. If you're a more visual person and the pics are great and the text is shite maybe give it a bash and message. It's not everyone's thing to write a good advertising blurb but it might turn out that in conversation the person opens up.

If you're one who needs more mental stimulation and you like what you read but the pics are shite, again give it a bash and message. Pictures can be very deceptive and sometimes don't do justice.

If you need both, apply the same approach. A profile is only a shop window. Spangly looking goods with a nice selling speech can be of shite quality too. It's the groundwork you've to put in to find a meet that ticks your boxes. It's an effort we all have to do when looking for a good meet. "

I like this approach! Mail them whether you like them or not!

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"It depends what turns you more on. If you're a more visual person and the pics are great and the text is shite maybe give it a bash and message. It's not everyone's thing to write a good advertising blurb but it might turn out that in conversation the person opens up.

If you need both, apply the same approach. A profile is only a shop window. Spangly looking goods with a nice selling speech can be of shite quality too. It's the groundwork you've to put in to find a meet that ticks your boxes. It's an effort we all have to do when looking for a good meet.

I like this approach! Mail them whether you like them or not! "

No that's not what I said. Sometimes you've to look beyond a profile, a profile is only a first impression. If there's an element you like and an element you don't like it might be worth to enquire a bit more but also not everything that s_ines is gold.

I like this approach! Mail them whether you like them or not!

No that's not what I said. Sometimes you've to look beyond a profile, a profile is only a first impression. If there's an element you like and an element you don't like it might be worth to enquire a bit more but also not everything that s_ines is gold. "

I knew what you meant!

I was, apparently unsuccessfully, trying to be funny

By *ustin-SiderMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Less is more "

Well the women are able to pull it off on here.

They can pull mine off too if they like. Lol

Most of the women on here dont look at the pics or read the profile, they are just dripping wet for cock and pick a guy at absolute random.

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

I hate people who give out about text speak. You are not writing a luv letter to someone . It's just a message describing yourself etc . I know I hate messages like let's fuck etc . But giving out about shorthand . Your not writing a compositon about yourself .

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

"Most of the women on here dont look at the pics or read the profile, they are just dripping wet for cock and pick a guy at absolute random."

By *ojos jugsWoman  over a year ago

Bangor

My profile is quite lengthy but ive had a lot to say in the 5 years ive been here But if you take the time to read to the end, you get a giggle

"My profile is quite lengthy but ive had a lot to say in the 5 years ive been here But if you take the time to read to the end, you get a giggle "

Yup!

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Profiles are down to the individual. They either attract someone or they dont. I dont think it matters whats on them. Either they dont read and still message or they do read and still send. Ive spoken to ones with nothing on their profile and ones that have a lecture written. It depends on my mood

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

and surrounding areas

We have tried to make our profile , easy, straight to the point in what we like , but have a bit of fun doing it too , and have pics of both of us as we a cpl so there is two of us here not just the female all pics profile , hate looking at cpls profiles and mostly if not all are pics of the female

Mrs crazy

» Add a new message to this topic