FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The Vultures of Fab

The Vultures of Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unfanaghylad OP   Man  over a year ago

Letterkenny

Watching the forums last couple days cant help but think that fab is like a pack of wolves at times. I have seen it time after time over the years where newbies have come on the forums and made the crack and generally put themselves out there, while the pack sit in the trees waiting on the wrong move to get their chance to pounce.

Now here my experienced head talking guys behind ever fab name is a real person and believe me over the years not many come across the same in real life like they do behind their words here. So next time guys before you type give consideration to the people you talk about and remember face to face they more than likely are completely different charachters. Enjoy the sunshine folks

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Watching the forums last couple days cant help but think that fab is like a pack of wolves at times. I have seen it time after time over the years where newbies have come on the forums and made the crack and generally put themselves out there, while the pack sit in the trees waiting on the wrong move to get their chance to pounce.

Now here my experienced head talking guys behind ever fab name is a real person and believe me over the years not many come across the same in real life like they do behind their words here. So next time guys before you type give consideration to the people you talk about and remember face to face they more than likely are completely different charachters. Enjoy the sunshine folks "

I would say more like a flock of sheep. playing follow the leader and before they realize it they are up to their necks in the mire.

"Watching the forums last couple days cant help but think that fab is like a pack of wolves at times. I have seen it time after time over the years where newbies have come on the forums and made the crack and generally put themselves out there, while the pack sit in the trees waiting on the wrong move to get their chance to pounce.

Now here my experienced head talking guys behind ever fab name is a real person and believe me over the years not many come across the same in real life like they do behind their words here. So next time guys before you type give consideration to the people you talk about and remember face to face they more than likely are completely different charachters. Enjoy the sunshine folks I would say more like a flock of sheep. playing follow the leader and before they realize it they are up to their necks in the mire."

Or just a lot of people that have the same opinion

It's called group think

"It's called group think "
I call them sheep.

Now here my experienced head talking guys behind ever fab name is a real person and believe me over the years not many come across the same in real life like they do behind their words here. So next time guys before you type give consideration to the people you talk about and remember face to face they more than likely are completely different charachters. Enjoy the sunshine folks I would say more like a flock of sheep. playing follow the leader and before they realize it they are up to their necks in the mire.

Or just a lot of people that have the same opinion"

Surely can't all have the same opinion all the time.

You'll find rigorous proofs of the grand fab theories of the universe rolling off the lips of these seasoned posters

One poster is going for a Nobel prize for their seminal work on the fab straight theory of everything but is in the stiff completion with groundbreaking social science data on why all single men are bastards...so compelling is the evidence that in fact 9 out of 10 single men agree, in positive deference to the group leaders.

"You'll find rigorous proofs of the grand fab theories of the universe rolling off the lips of these seasoned posters

One poster is going for a Nobel prize for their seminal work on the fab straight theory of everything but is in the stiff completion with groundbreaking social science data on why all single men are bastards...so compelling is the evidence that in fact 9 out of 10 single men agree, in positive deference to the group leaders. "

Feck im the odd one out again.

im strictly here for the roide

Nah, vultures appear much later because they're weak, they can only pick at the bones.

Hyenas?

"Nah, vultures appear much later because they're weak, they can only pick at the bones."
Right on cue above. Lol

By *exyDownUnderWoman  over a year ago

Westmeath

Now here my experienced head talking guys behind ever fab name is a real person and believe me over the years not many come across the same in real life like they do behind their words here. So next time guys before you type give consideration to the people you talk about and remember face to face they more than likely are completely different charachters. Enjoy the sunshine folks I would say more like a flock of sheep. playing follow the leader and before they realize it they are up to their necks in the mire."

We'll said you two. Couldn't agree more.

We are all equals in this life and Fab should be no different

Now here my experienced head talking guys behind ever fab name is a real person and believe me over the years not many come across the same in real life like they do behind their words here. So next time guys before you type give consideration to the people you talk about and remember face to face they more than likely are completely different charachters. Enjoy the sunshine folks I would say more like a flock of sheep. playing follow the leader and before they realize it they are up to their necks in the mire.

Or just a lot of people that have the same opinion Surely can't all have the same opinion all the time. "

Maybe a very wrong opinion as few have thought it through. Jealously and increased popularity brings out the worst in most people who struggle with their own identity.

OP

Poverbs are only platitudes until you have had personal experience of then.

Very likely as few here have shown they can think for themselves. It's a danger as it sets them out from the crowd and therefore can be an easy target from the arrows of those who are shooting without looking at who they are shooting at. Sticking together is safe.

Baaaa

Now here my experienced head talking guys behind ever fab name is a real person and believe me over the years not many come across the same in real life like they do behind their words here. So next time guys before you type give consideration to the people you talk about and remember face to face they more than likely are completely different charachters. Enjoy the sunshine folks "

Couldn't agree with you more, at times I read forums and am transported back to the school playground..

Being considerate costs you nothing

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

I'd hope the same consideration would be given to both sides of the frenzy

Letterkenny

"I'd hope the same consideration would be given to both sides of the frenzy "

By *vpamelaTV/TS  over a year ago

kinkville

We'll said you two. Couldn't agree more.

We are all equals in this life and Fab should be no different "

It's just some are more equal than others...

Been on and off this site for almost 7 years. I remember the forums being a fun happy place. Now a lot of people are just not bothered with them for fear of what the OP said. Well still say as we please and get on with our parties and lives away from here. The minute someone from here's opinion of me and queen affect me ill take a long hard look at myself and think fuck it they don't matter.

King

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I was quiet so far over the recent events but as the storm slowly settles, it might be time to put out my own bit of wisdom here:

Everyone makes his/her own bed on here. If you seek exposure, you will get exposure. If you dig yourself a hole there's a good chance you will fall into it. If you call others nasty or names, you might not be so nice yourself. If you're respect-less, you will be treated without respect. If you poke the fire it will burn more etcetera etcetera.

Fab is not that much different to the 'real' world, it's a little society with rules, dos and don'ts, believes, dramas and crimes.

What I'm saying I'm not excusing the drama and sensation licking and the Schadenfreude that was out there but it wasn't a lamb and wolf situation either.

Actually the nastiness coming from both sides - after the spectacle was over - was worse than the circus itself.

"I was quiet so far over the recent events but as the storm slowly settles, it might be time to put out my own bit of wisdom here:

Everyone makes his/her own bed on here. If you seek exposure, you will get exposure. If you dig yourself a hole there's a good chance you will fall into it. If you call others nasty or names, you might not be so nice yourself. If you're respect-less, you will be treated without respect. If you poke the fire it will burn more etcetera etcetera.

Fab is not that much different to the 'real' world, it's a little society with rules, dos and don'ts, believes, dramas and crimes.

What I'm saying I'm not excusing the drama and sensation licking and the Schadenfreude that was out there but it wasn't a lamb and wolf situation either.

Actually the nastiness coming from both sides - after the spectacle was over - was worse than the circus itself. "

The nastiness DID come from both sides - except one side don't want to admit it.

"I was quiet so far over the recent events but as the storm slowly settles, it might be time to put out my own bit of wisdom here:

Actually the nastiness coming from both sides - after the spectacle was over - was worse than the circus itself. "

I'm my opinion drama doesn't walk into your life, you create it or invite it. I try avoid it at all costs. It's not that difficult.

Actually the nastiness coming from both sides - after the spectacle was over - was worse than the circus itself.

I'm my opinion drama doesn't walk into your life, you create it or invite it. I try avoid it at all costs. It's not that difficult. "

Letterkenny

I'm my opinion drama doesn't walk into your life, you create it or invite it. I try avoid it at all costs. It's not that difficult. "

True i agree with both your points to a certain decree but going back to my original the persons behind the chat are in person most of the time totally different and i just asking people to be mindful before attacking.

"True i agree with both your points to a certain decree but going back to my original the persons behind the chat are in person most of the time totally different and i just asking people to be mindful before attacking. "

Can I ask you what you mean by this? Do you think people portray themselves differently in chat than in person? I've seen others say this too, but I can't understand it. It's hard enough to be me at times without putting across some alter ego in chat.

Letterkenny

"True i agree with both your points to a certain decree but going back to my original the persons behind the chat are in person most of the time totally different and i just asking people to be mindful before attacking.

Can I ask you what you mean by this? Do you think people portray themselves differently in chat than in person? I've seen others say this too, but I can't understand it. It's hard enough to be me at times without putting across some alter ego in chat. "

Yes through the years i been in chatrooms and forums and seen people come across as brash and outward going and have met them in person and discovered that in real life their charachters are totally different

"True i agree with both your points to a certain decree but going back to my original the persons behind the chat are in person most of the time totally different and i just asking people to be mindful before attacking.

Can I ask you what you mean by this? Do you think people portray themselves differently in chat than in person? I've seen others say this too, but I can't understand it. It's hard enough to be me at times without putting across some alter ego in chat.

Yes through the years i been in chatrooms and forums and seen people come across as brash and outward going and have met them in person and discovered that in real life their charachters are totally different"

is it not best to be your through self always

By *ack 188Man  over a year ago

Dublin 15

sometimes it's hard to know on forums what people are really like in reality .but I'm sure most on here are sound

Yes through the years i been in chatrooms and forums and seen people come across as brash and outward going and have met them in person and discovered that in real life their charachters are totally different"

The opposite to that is those that come across as sweetness and light when it fact they aren't like that at all.

Thats what happens on the internet

Yes through the years i been in chatrooms and forums and seen people come across as brash and outward going and have met them in person and discovered that in real life their charachters are totally differentis it not best to be your through self always "

It is T. I think a lot off stuff is taken wrong as there is no tone behind texts. You can't hear how something is said or see the look on their face and that alters what people think you have written.

By *ack 188Man  over a year ago

Dublin 15

that's true, it's hard to express "tongue in cheek" messages in text form

Yes through the years i been in chatrooms and forums and seen people come across as brash and outward going and have met them in person and discovered that in real life their charachters are totally differentis it not best to be your through self always

It is T. I think a lot off stuff is taken wrong as there is no tone behind texts. You can't hear how something is said or see the look on their face and that alters what people think you have written. "

The only way to be sure of what you THINK someone has written is to ask. Preferably before retaliating.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I'm my opinion drama doesn't walk into your life, you create it or invite it. I try avoid it at all costs. It's not that difficult.

True i agree with both your points to a certain decree but going back to my original the persons behind the chat are in person most of the time totally different and i just asking people to be mindful before attacking. "

Just to get that out of the way I don't attack people, I never have.

However I express my opinion and that's what the forum is about.

If the person portrays a different personality in chat than in real life, again their own choice. How is anyone supposed to know that and why would you do that?

Letterkenny

Yes through the years i been in chatrooms and forums and seen people come across as brash and outward going and have met them in person and discovered that in real life their charachters are totally differentis it not best to be your through self always "

Course it is but reality is people like to wear masks and keyboards give them that opportunity. This life gives us all that platform to be someone different. Behind those masks is something very different in my opinion

Yes through the years i been in chatrooms and forums and seen people come across as brash and outward going and have met them in person and discovered that in real life their charachters are totally differentis it not best to be your through self always

Course it is but reality is people like to wear masks and keyboards give them that opportunity. This life gives us all that platform to be someone different. Behind those masks is something very different in my opinion "

We are all responsible for our own actions, including how we choose to portray ourselves here.

It is T. I think a lot off stuff is taken wrong as there is no tone behind texts. You can't hear how something is said or see the look on their face and that alters what people think you have written. "

...the wording, support of mocking, sly nastiness, jealousy, group herding etc can certainly tell others the tone of which there has been alot of it over the past while and suddenly people become blinded in the attacks.

Op.. They will always be 'Follow the herd/crowd' They're easy to spot on here.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it..

Letterkenny

"Op.. They will always be 'Follow the herd/crowd' They're easy to spot on here.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.."

Been a long time since a lost any sleep over anything that happens or is said here. I certainly wont be suffering from sleep deprivation

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Theres folk on this site that would make Sybil proud. She had 16 different personalities and 2 of them were men.