FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Strange people

Strange people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why I don't do coffee meets...

Hadn't done them for ages but there was a profile that interested me....so I contacted the lady, we exchanged messages, I sent pics, friend request accepted and(I thought) that we agreed to arrange to meet for a coffee, tomorrow.

So, I message her today, asking what the plan is, for tomorrow...she was offline, at the time, so after a few hours, I check and message has been read..but no reply. Ok, maybe she's busy...no drama...left it another while and then thought I would send her a message, with my contact number, as I've a busy morning ahead. Only to find that she has me blocked??

I can understand blocking a guy when they first contact you....I can understand blocking a guy if he pesters you(I hadn't)...and I can understand blocking a guy if he's abusive towards you(I wasn't)....but in the circumstances I find myself in, have to ask "why??". A quick 'changed my mind', even a 'no thanks'....but to just block in that way, is frankly weird

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

and no, I won't name them, even in private...only relevant thing is that it was an established profile...not a newbie, or fake one

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Probably changed her mind. Rude but allowed.

A lot of people lack spine.

[Removed by poster at 13/04/16 22:04:52]

Hi, just wondering what you do if you wont do coffee meets any more. they are important for a lot of profiles on here?

Feel your frustration dude

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

She didnt fancy you. Thats the most probable reason i can think of. Sorry Op.

By *on1980Man  over a year ago

City Centre

Had something similar happen to me on Monday, been chatting for a couple of weeks over Kik, meet arranged, phone numbers swapped then cancelled at the last minute, said she had to work late. Now I've been blocked on kik, what's app and POF and her profile is gone from here.

Sh*t happens

"She didnt fancy you. Thats the most probable reason i can think of. Sorry Op. "
but why go down the road she did, that showing no respect to him,do you think men deserve no respect...

I'm perfectly ok with anyone 'not fancying', or changing their mind....as I said, a quick message to that effect and I wouldn't have commented....it'd the unexplained block that I'm talking about...

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"She didnt fancy you. Thats the most probable reason i can think of. Sorry Op. but why go down the road she did, that showing no respect to him,do you think men deserve no respect..."

I cant answer that for you, im not the lady in question. Everybody deserves respect, male and female users. Its not always given by both male and female users though.

"Hi, just wondering what you do if you wont do coffee meets any more. they are important for a lot of profiles on here?"

I normally only meet at parties and gatherings, or through others

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

There are people that just cant give rejection and my guess is its because they cant take rejection themselves. Its that whole id rather ignore and hide method than face it.

Better she ignored/blocked then stood you up i say.

There's nowt as queer as folk, OP.

It's shit, but it happens. There's plenty of ladies with manners on here, find one of them.

Good luck.

"There are people that just cant give rejection and my guess is its because they cant take rejection themselves. Its that whole id rather ignore and hide method than face it.

Better she ignored/blocked then stood you up i say. "

Lol the same lady was complaining about being stood up recently...

You did say you don't do coffee meets unless the woman is exceptional. You are probably joking, but maybe she took it to heart and may have felt not up to the high standards you demand

She got scared and dealt with it the only way she feels she can, not ideal, but that's it...move on

L

By *on1980Man  over a year ago

City Centre

"There's nowt as queer as folk, OP.

It's shit, but it happens. There's plenty of ladies with manners on here, find one of them.

Good luck. "

By *olyhumorousMan  over a year ago

Over here

not a coffee drinker, maybe she's a tea kinda girl

"You did say you don't do coffee meets unless the woman is exceptional. You are probably joking, but maybe she took it to heart and may have felt not up to the high standards you demand

She got scared and dealt with it the only way she feels she can, not ideal, but that's it...move on

L"

The fact that I asked her was kind of saying that I thought she was exceptional?

Nothing to see here, move on folks lol I just wondered how other people would explain it..that's all

"Hi, just wondering what you do if you wont do coffee meets any more. they are important for a lot of profiles on here?

I normally only meet at parties and gatherings, or through others"

"Why I don't do coffee meets...

Hadn't done them for ages but there was a profile that interested me....so I contacted the lady, we exchanged messages, I sent pics, friend request accepted and(I thought) that we agreed to arrange to meet for a coffee, tomorrow.

So, I message her today, asking what the plan is, for tomorrow...she was offline, at the time, so after a few hours, I check and message has been read..but no reply. Ok, maybe she's busy...no drama...left it another while and then thought I would send her a message, with my contact number, as I've a busy morning ahead. Only to find that she has me blocked??

I can understand blocking a guy when they first contact you....I can understand blocking a guy if he pesters you(I hadn't)...and I can understand blocking a guy if he's abusive towards you(I wasn't)....but in the circumstances I find myself in, have to ask "why??". A quick 'changed my mind', even a 'no thanks'....but to just block in that way, is frankly weird "

Nothing as strange as folk

Seems that way...just another Diva, oh well

By *ublin_hungMan  over a year ago

Fundalk

"She didnt fancy you. Thats the most probable reason i can think of. Sorry Op. but why go down the road she did, that showing no respect to him,do you think men deserve no respect...

I cant answer that for you, im not the lady in question. Everybody deserves respect, male and female users. Its not always given by both male and female users though."

Well said.

"There are people that just cant give rejection and my guess is its because they cant take rejection themselves. Its that whole id rather ignore and hide method than face it.

Lol the same lady was complaining about being stood up recently..."

...seee...this sums it up for me...the people on here that receive a lot of drama...very often pay it back in spades....

...seee...this sums it up for me...the people on here that receive a lot of drama...very often pay it back in spades...."

Amen brother...Amen

[Removed by poster at 14/04/16 00:09:26]

around

Lol the same lady was complaining about being stood up recently..."

See she was considering your feelings and didnt want to put you through the same

See she was considering your feelings and didnt want to put you through the same "

I'm indebted to her....for proving me right about coffee meets...I'll leave them for the fantasists

"A lot of people lack spine."

Very true

around

"

I'm indebted to her....for proving me right about coffee meets...I'll leave them for the fantasists"

Cheers..

i dont do coffee meets anymore either . The way I see it is this , if you cant string more than a sentence together in mail conversations , im likely not going to want to meet you for anything . Too many people say a quick hello and expect be up for coffee in some pokey part of town with no free parking at some odd hour youd never be in that area anyway and etc etc ... i think its quite reasonable to chat via mail for a while , exchange a few pics and if you think suitable then arrange a proper meet , none of this last minute palava of mailing women asking what you up to and expecting them to drop everything and run off to meet ya just cos you have a free hour to kill .

By *herry_bombshellWoman  over a year ago

northside

"i dont do coffee meets anymore either . The way I see it is this , if you cant string more than a sentence together in mail conversations , im likely not going to want to meet you for anything . Too many people say a quick hello and expect be up for coffee in some pokey part of town with no free parking at some odd hour youd never be in that area anyway and etc etc ... i think its quite reasonable to chat via mail for a while , exchange a few pics and if you think suitable then arrange a proper meet , none of this last minute palava of mailing women asking what you up to and expecting them to drop everything and run off to meet ya just cos you have a free hour to kill . "

Have I told you lately I love you blue x

See she was considering your feelings and didnt want to put you through the same

I'm indebted to her....for proving me right about coffee meets...I'll leave them for the fantasists"

...how does blocking and ignoring you, prove you right about coffee meets?....we like to meet socially first. ...and we wouldn't count ourselves as fantasists. ....

"i dont do coffee meets anymore either . The way I see it is this , if you cant string more than a sentence together in mail conversations , im likely not going to want to meet you for anything . Too many people say a quick hello and expect be up for coffee in some pokey part of town with no free parking at some odd hour youd never be in that area anyway and etc etc ... i think its quite reasonable to chat via mail for a while , exchange a few pics and if you think suitable then arrange a proper meet , none of this last minute palava of mailing women asking what you up to and expecting them to drop everything and run off to meet ya just cos you have a free hour to kill .

Have I told you lately I love you blue x"

Hey cherry....fancy a coffee?? lmao

"i dont do coffee meets anymore either . The way I see it is this , if you cant string more than a sentence together in mail conversations , im likely not going to want to meet you for anything . Too many people say a quick hello and expect be up for coffee in some pokey part of town with no free parking at some odd hour youd never be in that area anyway and etc etc ... i think its quite reasonable to chat via mail for a while , exchange a few pics and if you think suitable then arrange a proper meet , none of this last minute palava of mailing women asking what you up to and expecting them to drop everything and run off to meet ya just cos you have a free hour to kill . "

..see stuff like this all the time...but think the reality is no decent guy ever does this ..and when you do do get mails like this it only takes a heartbeat to delete....

» Add a new message to this topic