FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Jury duty

Jury duty

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi ladies n gents hope your all good! Just want to know has anyone a successful way of getting out of jury duty?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi ladies n gents hope your all good! Just want to know has anyone a successful way of getting out of jury duty? "

Shoot the judge

Sick cert?

They will call out a list if names of people involved in the case from witness guards etc. Just day you know one of them through a friend etc and that way you will get out of it

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

"Hi ladies n gents hope your all good! Just want to know has anyone a successful way of getting out of jury duty? "

It's usually very easy to get out of but can I first ask why you'd want to?....

"Sick cert?"
Just go to docs and get a cert? Woukd they give u one that easy even though u ain't sick genuinely?

Just go and eat a SNICKERS instead.

"Hi ladies n gents hope your all good! Just want to know has anyone a successful way of getting out of jury duty?

It's usually very easy to get out of but can I first ask why you'd want to?...."

simple reason! I was there a few years ago and it nearly drove me insane! Up n down each day for over 2 weeks on a case

"They will call out a list if names of people involved in the case from witness guards etc. Just day you know one of them through a friend etc and that way you will get out of it"
This is my 3rd time attending and that's what I did the first time I went! I'm just trying to avoid having to go at all

"Sick cert?Just go to docs and get a cert? Woukd they give u one that easy even though u ain't sick genuinely? "

Bad back or stress should work

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

"Hi ladies n gents hope your all good! Just want to know has anyone a successful way of getting out of jury duty?

It's usually very easy to get out of but can I first ask why you'd want to?....simple reason! I was there a few years ago and it nearly drove me insane! Up n down each day for over 2 weeks on a case "

I was given a cert when I served on a jury saying I'd not be required for another five years or something, did you not get this?

It's usually very easy to get out of but can I first ask why you'd want to?....simple reason! I was there a few years ago and it nearly drove me insane! Up n down each day for over 2 weeks on a case

I was given a cert when I served on a jury saying I'd not be required for another five years or something, did you not get this?"

no, nothing! I'm just looking 4 diff ways to get out of it! I know a friend booked a flight to the UK and then sent the court flight documentation

By *excockMan  over a year ago

waterford

Id love to do jury duty...

Life in prison for everyone

It's usually very easy to get out of but can I first ask why you'd want to?....simple reason! I was there a few years ago and it nearly drove me insane! Up n down each day for over 2 weeks on a case

I was given a cert when I served on a jury saying I'd not be required for another five years or something, did you not get this?no, nothing! I'm just looking 4 diff ways to get out of it! I know a friend booked a flight to the UK and then sent the court flight documentation "

The flight has to be booked before u receive date of jury duty.

It's a pain in the ass, i did it once, have been called several times again but managed to get out of it each time for various reasons.

I was given a cert when I served on a jury saying I'd not be required for another five years or something, did you not get this?no, nothing! I'm just looking 4 diff ways to get out of it! I know a friend booked a flight to the UK and then sent the court flight documentation

The flight has to be booked before u receive date of jury duty."

is that a rule? What about a last minute situation?

"It's a pain in the ass, i did it once, have been called several times again but managed to get out of it each time for various reasons. "
ye I'm due next week! It's Deffo a pain in the arse

It's part of your civic duty as a citizen...although 3 times is pushing it, maybe they really liked how you deliberated?

"It's a pain in the ass, i did it once, have been called several times again but managed to get out of it each time for various reasons. ye I'm due next week! It's Deffo a pain in the arse "

It's probably too late now to get out of it.

I sent a letter to them saying I had work commitments,which I did have at the time. They excused me from having to attend, and told me I won't be considered again for ten years.

I would have loved to do it though, and it is our civic duty at the end of the day.

By *ean0001Man  over a year ago

Dublin West

I have done it twice but am excused from it again after the last case i had as it was particularly unplesant.

You can usually get off if you self employed, but of course you might be lucky enough to not to get picked or get rejected by the defendent's council if they dont like the look of you.

It is a whole lot of hanging around and can be a pain. Have not done it since they shifted the court up to parkgate street so i wonder how different it is now.

I was given a cert when I served on a jury saying I'd not be required for another five years or something, did you not get this?"

I thought this was the process too

Go to your local newspaper and tell them your story

#mistrial

By *aftdave1Man  over a year ago

limerick

As being self employed as just write back telling them I'm going to a trade show that week and it's very important to me and my business that I attend the show and never a word back from them

And further more self employed people don't get expenses for attending court

"Id love to do jury duty...

Life in prison for everyone "

I Sat on one a few years ago not a nice place to be deciding on someone else's life, not to be taken lightly...

Tell the Judge that you are bipolar...... Or a polar bear.....

By *arkside24Man  over a year ago

monkstown

youv exam in college....or toothache!

"Tell the Judge that you are bipolar...... Or a polar bear..... "

Tell the judge to fuck off.. They'll lock you up, and then you won't have to do jury duty ever again.

Just say you know a relative of the accused. You won't be asked who.

Thanks all x

Got out of jury duty thank fuck

"Got out of jury duty thank fuck "
what did you pull to get out of it...

"Got out of jury duty thank fuck what did you pull to get out of it... "
letter from work

Become a guard a prison officer or a physiactric nurse. I'm sure there's a few more but I know there type of jobs don't ever have to do jury duty!!!

» Add a new message to this topic