FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Accommodation for swinging

Accommodation for swinging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi folks, I need advice. I work away from home a lot. So my home is free for 8-10 days at a time. I'm sure ppl are aware of sites such as Air B&B. I'm thinking of letting my place out on a nightly basis. 1 room only. All personal rooms locked. So spare room, bathroom, living room, kitchen open only. What's people's opinions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Youve a lot of trust in you, ill say that. Youd need some you can trust to care for the property while youre away to make it hospitable and clean for the next arrivals. Sounds like a lot of work Op on top of your work. Best of luck if you go ahead with it

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't do it, ya never know who your letting in, plus it'll be all cash payments and what's gonna stop someone cleaning out your gaf while your away, you'll have piss all protection from insurance...

"Youve a lot of trust in you, ill say that. Youd need some you can trust to care for the property while youre away to make it hospitable and clean for the next arrivals. Sounds like a lot of work Op on top of your work. Best of luck if you go ahead with it "
well in reality air B&b is a lot of trust. Maybe I've not made it clear is be charging for folk to use it. Book via website prior! I've a few trusted friends on here I could ask to help. So your opinion is no? Lol

"Don't do it, ya never know who your letting in, plus it'll be all cash payments and what's gonna stop someone cleaning out your gaf while your away, you'll have piss all protection from insurance..."
I was thinking that myself!

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Youve a lot of trust in you, ill say that. Youd need some you can trust to care for the property while youre away to make it hospitable and clean for the next arrivals. Sounds like a lot of work Op on top of your work. Best of luck if you go ahead with it well in reality air B&b is a lot of trust. Maybe I've not made it clear is be charging for folk to use it. Book via website prior! I've a few trusted friends on here I could ask to help. So your opinion is no? Lol "

Ask your trusted friends to help you and go with it so! ive stayed in a house with other fabbers and booked through Air bnb....we had a great time and it was a beautiful house too.

"Youve a lot of trust in you, ill say that. Youd need some you can trust to care for the property while youre away to make it hospitable and clean for the next arrivals. Sounds like a lot of work Op on top of your work. Best of luck if you go ahead with it well in reality air B&b is a lot of trust. Maybe I've not made it clear is be charging for folk to use it. Book via website prior! I've a few trusted friends on here I could ask to help. So your opinion is no? Lol

Ask your trusted friends to help you and go with it so! ive stayed in a house with other fabbers and booked through Air bnb....we had a great time and it was a beautiful house too. "

. Why don't you call up and see me??

By *ilg41Man  over a year ago

schticks

It would be madness tbh - its risky enough lettiing people in while your there.

Whats stopping someone posing as a couple and then when your gone kicking all your locked doors in and helping themselves??

"It would be madness tbh - its risky enough lettiing people in while your there.

Whats stopping someone posing as a couple and then when your gone kicking all your locked doors in and helping themselves??"

true..., but if I let via air B&B I think there is insurance

By *ilg41Man  over a year ago

schticks

Not sure tere - maybe so - I actually thought you were thinking of doing it from here! Which would be bad! imo

But im sure there are safeguards with abnb. Hopefully - in which case if there is work away - just make sure your 100% up on legislation and compliance!

It's a great idea but you need to bring your self to one side and have a chat because the place would be recked on you. Unless you only rent it to people who you know.

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

Why not try one night out while you're there to see how it goes?

If you've someone to clean up and prepare for next customers I'd say go for it, but do it through air bnb

Airbnb does have safeguards built in, so definitely use them rather than doing it privately. If you are serious about this then forget the swinging angle. Just do it as a regular airbnb listing. There really isn't any benefit that I can see to having it as a 'swinging' setup.

Have a look at airbnb listings in your area of similar properties to get an idea of what income might be achievable. Is the property in a desirable area for tourism? Is it in a rentable condition? Who might be able to watch it for you if you aren't in the area? Will you pay them? Who will do the cleaning? Have you got time for the required admin? Lots of things to consider.

I rent room to people to play and most the people who contact me to rent it wasted my time as one of them chicken out usual bulshiet excuses so now I don't rent any rooms with out people make payment as Hate having my time wasted

I can just imagine you filling out the insurance claim.

1. Do you know and if so how/from where the person who robbed you?

"Why not try one night out while you're there to see how it goes?

If you've someone to clean up and prepare for next customers I'd say go for it, but do it through air bnb "

hey chick! Defo via air B&B. I am just thinking of a friendly zone for folks. I think It's a decent idea. Plus If it's booked via air then traceability!

"I rent room to people to play and most the people who contact me to rent it wasted my time as one of them chicken out usual bulshiet excuses so now I don't rent any rooms with out people make payment as Hate having my time wasted "
same shire different day then

Lol

» Add a new message to this topic