FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How long does sex normally last

How long does sex normally last

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Dr Brendan Zietsch is a psychologist from the University of Queensland

Reviewed available evidence on how long penetration lasts during sex

Found condom use or whether a man is circumcised makes no difference

Studies show coitus is shorter for older men - contrary to their claims

Sometimes a particularly steamy lovemaking session can seem to last forever.

At other times, coitus can be over in a flash.

After such an encounter, many of us wonder 'how long does sex normally last'?

Now, Dr Brendan Zietsch, a psychologist from the University of Queensland, has sought to answer this pressing question.

In an article for The Conversation, he draws all the latest research - and found penetration can last from 33 seconds to 44 minutes long when an average is taken of all the times each couple has sex.

The average time across different couples was 5.4 minutes

Discuss

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If the research was self-reported by men, you can reduce that average by 50%

By *-ManMan  over a year ago

Kark

33 seconds! WTF!

[Removed by poster at 04/04/16 14:05:27]

By *excockMan  over a year ago

waterford

"If the research was self-reported by men, you can reduce that average by 50% "

Lol at least 50%

waterford

Id say sex lasts until the woman's had enough..punches you firmly in the cock and says "get that THING away from me!!"

Discuss too

"33 seconds! WTF!"

Proof if you needed it that some spend more time talking about it than doing it

Kark

"33 seconds! WTF!

Proof if you needed it that some spend more time talking about it than doing it"

Lol, that's true, 2 pumps and a squirt is a joke but 33 seconds isn't far off that, and that's no joke! I can hold my breath longer than that!

"33 seconds! WTF!

Lol, that's true, 2 pumps and a squirt is a joke but 33 seconds isn't far off that, and that's no joke! I can hold my breath longer than that! "

Apparently evolution is to blame, premature ejaculators had a competitive advantage in prehistoric times.

By *rDarcy37Man  over a year ago

lucan

"33 seconds! WTF!

Proof if you needed it that some spend more time talking about it than doing it"

Lol lol lol

Tell me about it

Kark

"33 seconds! WTF!

Lol, that's true, 2 pumps and a squirt is a joke but 33 seconds isn't far off that, and that's no joke! I can hold my breath longer than that!

Apparently evolution is to blame, premature ejaculators had a competitive advantage in prehistoric times."

So I heard, my guess is that we're talking about the descendants of Beta males who stole in, impregnated and left before the Alpha killed them, good strategy for the Betas back in the day, not so useful in todays world! It's mad the way our bodies and minds till think and work like caveman's did

"33 seconds! WTF!

Apparently evolution is to blame, premature ejaculators had a competitive advantage in prehistoric times.

So I heard, my guess is that we're talking about the descendants of Beta males who stole in, impregnated and left before the Alpha killed them, good strategy for the Betas back in the day, not so useful in todays world! It's mad the way our bodies and minds till think and work like caveman's did"

Oh, IDK, while the Alphas are busy preening and beating their chests, the Betas still seem to be breeding away quietly

Kark

"33 seconds! WTF!

So I heard, my guess is that we're talking about the descendants of Beta males who stole in, impregnated and left before the Alpha killed them, good strategy for the Betas back in the day, not so useful in todays world! It's mad the way our bodies and minds till think and work like caveman's did

Oh, IDK, while the Alphas are busy preening and beating their chests, the Betas still seem to be breeding away quietly "

Natures way of hedging her bets, diversifying the gene pool! It's a numbers game too, only one Alpha but many Betas per group, he can't cover them all at the same time and beat his chest! Geezs, sounds like horse breeding!

When is premature ejaculation a problem?

When it comes between "Hello" and "Whats your name".....

These days it takes me 5.4 minutes to get a bra off

"These days it takes me 5.4 minutes to get a bra off "

That's the foreplay done and dusted then..

Somewhere between 30-40 mins, any longer and I'd die of dehydration lol

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Ignoring the 33 seconds, 5.4 minutes isn't much either!!! I would not even get warm!

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"Ignoring the 33 seconds, 5.4 minutes isn't much either!!! I would not even get warm! "
lol add the two together you could get near to the 6 mark

By *isalashes888400Couple  over a year ago

ennis

how long is a piece of string)

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

I am not going to talk about this

By *ecretgamesMan  over a year ago

the moon

Just tried and without falling on your face trying to get yer legs out of your trousers it's not possible to get your kit off in that quick

"Just tried and without falling on your face trying to get yer legs out of your trousers it's not possible to get your kit off in that quick "

Not sure you're meant to include the time it takes to get your clothes off, that would make geriatrics the longest stayers

By *ommickMan  over a year ago

cork

"Ignoring the 33 seconds, 5.4 minutes isn't much either!!! I would not even get warm! lol add the two together you could get near to the 6 mark "
6 is better than 5 !!!

33 secs Feck I can't even reach that

5 minutes. Took me longer to get out of bed this morning

What about normal weekdays here?

I'm going with actual intercourse for around 15-25 mins (per sesh) With a downtime of 50-90 mins.

on the hill NordWest of

"33 seconds! WTF!

Oh, IDK, while the Alphas are busy preening and beating their chests, the Betas still seem to be breeding away quietly

Natures way of hedging her bets, diversifying the gene pool! It's a numbers game too, only one Alpha but many Betas per group, he can't cover them all at the same time and beat his chest! Geezs, sounds like horse breeding! "

Why is the fast cuming the Beta? You could argue the Alpha is the fast cuming and quick recoverer to keep the girls breeding.

"33 seconds! WTF!

Natures way of hedging her bets, diversifying the gene pool! It's a numbers game too, only one Alpha but many Betas per group, he can't cover them all at the same time and beat his chest! Geezs, sounds like horse breeding!

Why is the fast cuming the Beta? You could argue the Alpha is the fast cuming and quick recoverer to keep the girls breeding. "

Because the theory is they had to cum quickly in order to avoid being killed by someone or something while in the act - hit and run lol

the moon

"Just tried and without falling on your face trying to get yer legs out of your trousers it's not possible to get your kit off in that quick

Not sure you're meant to include the time it takes to get your clothes off, that would make geriatrics the longest stayers"

Quote from the OP

"Studies show coitus is shorter for older men - contrary to their claims"

This is now why they can make the claim See my research had some success ... Other than me landing on my face

on the hill NordWest of

Ok I reflected over these two times (33sec and 5.4min) now for a while. If every man were like this, I'd go for 33 seconds just to get over with it. Thankfully I came across some Gamma males that can go for a long time and aim to please a woman

By *onedbodMan  over a year ago

co Galway

Weeks!!

By *aftdave1Man  over a year ago

limerick

All depends on how quick I can get my shoes and socks off

the moon

"Ok I reflected over these two times (33sec and 5.4min) now for a while. If every man were like this, I'd go for 33 seconds just to get over with it. Thankfully I came across some Gamma males that can go for a long time and aim to please a woman "

What about the delta ones

on the hill NordWest of

"Ok I reflected over these two times (33sec and 5.4min) now for a while. If every man were like this, I'd go for 33 seconds just to get over with it. Thankfully I came across some Gamma males that can go for a long time and aim to please a woman

What about the delta ones "

Na, defo not my thing the delta ones.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"Weeks!! "
let's go

How long is a piece of string?

Ah sure once round one is out of the way it's trying to finish is the problem for me

By *llie and ApplesCouple  over a year ago

where ever

"Id say sex lasts until the woman's had enough..punches you firmly in the cock and says "get that THING away from me!!"

Discuss too "

Does that happen often on you?

Apples

waterford

"Id say sex lasts until the woman's had enough..punches you firmly in the cock and says "get that THING away from me!!"

Discuss too

Does that happen often on you?

Apples "

Lol just a few times..less than a dozen definitely

It's totally different every time with me. I've had bad days where it just didn't happen and others where it's gone on for hours and I just couldn't cum but was so knackered I had to stop.

If the other involved party is getting enjoyment out of it, that seems to do something in my brain to keep me going.

I don't think any of us have a set time. It's a lot like a cowboy movie, if you get a good one it can finish with the male lead riding off into the sunset with a grin on his face

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

This sex thing is getting way too complicated...so now we have to introduce a stop watch to the bedroom...whatever happened to just enjoying it

Mrs Davie t

"It's totally different every time with me. I've had bad days where it just didn't happen and others where it's gone on for hours and I just couldn't cum but was so knackered I had to stop.

If the other involved party is getting enjoyment out of it, that seems to do something in my brain to keep me going.

I don't think any of us have a set time. It's a lot like a cowboy movie, if you get a good one it can finish with the male lead riding off into the sunset with a grin on his face "

Fully agree!

Although too long and you'll get saddle sore!

"It's totally different every time with me. I've had bad days where it just didn't happen and others where it's gone on for hours and I just couldn't cum but was so knackered I had to stop.

I don't think any of us have a set time. It's a lot like a cowboy movie, if you get a good one it can finish with the male lead riding off into the sunset with a grin on his face

Fully agree!

Although too long and you'll get saddle sore! "

Funny you should say that. I went for a 55k cycle Sunday and was in the saddlebag another sort when I got home my erm manhood was totally numb but fully functional. Learn something new every day. That was a first for me

waterford

"This sex thing is getting way too complicated...so now we have to introduce a stop watch to the bedroom...whatever happened to just enjoying it

Mrs Davie t"

I agree 100%

Every encounter.. even with the same person is different.. enjoy that moment..do what feels right at that moment in time.. don't plan it or expect it to be a certain way or judge the performance.. just enjoy

"This sex thing is getting way too complicated...so now we have to introduce a stop watch to the bedroom...whatever happened to just enjoying it

Mrs Davie t

I agree 100%

Every encounter.. even with the same person is different.. enjoy that moment..do what feels right at that moment in time.. don't plan it or expect it to be a certain way or judge the performance.. just enjoy "

agreed! Every encounter is an experience to be enjoyed

By *onedbodMan  over a year ago

co Galway

"Weeks!! let's go"
! Sure thing might be months though so be prepared!!

Fully agree!

Funny you should say that. I went for a 55k cycle Sunday and was in the saddlebag another sort when I got home my erm manhood was totally numb but fully functional. Learn something new every day. That was a first for me"

Cycling can cause ED, you know

Fully agree!

Funny you should say that. I went for a 55k cycle Sunday and was in the saddlebag another sort when I got home my erm manhood was totally numb but fully functional. Learn something new every day. That was a first for me

Cycling can cause ED, you know "

lawd. I need a better saddle and more padding. I've read that before in a cycling forum but it's in a miniscule amount of cases. The chances are booze and smokes will affect a guy more. I'll take my chances on the bike

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

I can last into double figures, 30, 40, sometimes even as long as 50 seconds but she'd have to be fierce ugly for me to last that long

on the hill NordWest of

Fully agree!

Cycling can cause ED, you know

lawd. I need a better saddle and more padding. I've read that before in a cycling forum but it's in a miniscule amount of cases. The chances are booze and smokes will affect a guy more. I'll take my chances on the bike "

You better get that saddle soon, it will make a big difference. Believe me I know things about saddles and rides.

If Carlsberg did that survey, it's would be the best 33 secs of your life!

the moon

"Ok I reflected over these two times (33sec and 5.4min) now for a while. If every man were like this, I'd go for 33 seconds just to get over with it. Thankfully I came across some Gamma males that can go for a long time and aim to please a woman

What about the delta ones

Na, defo not my thing the delta ones. "

Phew good job I'm not one of them then

» Add a new message to this topic