Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So Ireland drew

Wales

Serbia

Maldova

Georgia

Austria

So lads what do ye think not a bad group are we going to qualify for Russia in 2018.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not bad at all....one of the most hopeful groups we've been drawn in

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

I am happy with it...

That's a good result, all we need now is 20 decent footballers with Irish grandparents to appear

Yea very happy with the group austria is prob the toughest team there.

"That's a good result, all we need now is 20 decent footballers with Irish grandparents to appear "

Jedward will prob do our world cup song.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"That's a good result, all we need now is 20 decent footballers with Irish grandparents to appear

Jedward will prob do our world cup song. "

or Dustin

By *ocbrownMan  over a year ago

Kilkenny/Waterford

"So Ireland drew

Wales

Serbia

Maldova

Georgia

Austria

So lads what do ye think not a bad group are we going to qualify for Russia in 2018."

already looking to book tickets

"That's a good result, all we need now is 20 decent footballers with Irish grandparents to appear

Jedward will prob do our world cup song. or Dustin "

Is he still around.

For the sake of 20,000 travelling pissheads let's hope we give Russia a miss

"For the sake of 20,000 travelling pissheads let's hope we give Russia a miss "

I go for the ladys lol i might find miss biggles over there ha ha.

"For the sake of 20,000 travelling pissheads let's hope we give Russia a miss

I go for the ladys lol i might find miss biggles over there ha ha."

Ya might not make it back

Not a hope of qualifying. No new talent coming through and existing crop are just not good enough (I am an optimist honestly but this is even a bridge too far for me even !)

"

I mite go MIA lol.

A decent group for us. ..am cautiously optimistic could have certainly been a difficult draw. Austria and Serbia could be tricky alright. Georgia well we were lucky to come out of there alive.

As long as Bale Alaba Matic Latiic etc get injured before our games we are in with a shot

I mite go MIA lol."

Or POW prisoner of world cup

Anyway there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that we get there

Even though we were down to 4th seeds I think it's the 'easiest' group we have got in recent times. Getting wales as the first seeds obviously helped although we arguably got two of the strongest lower seeds but should be beating these in any case. Serbia can play serious stuff. All in all a top finish is more possible than probable but have we the players. ......

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

Tough group for Ireland, hope they can get out of it though.

Jack charlton donecit in 1990 Ireland didnt have a great team back then,Im sure Martin O Neill could pull this one off i think or am i wrong.

"Jack charlton donecit in 1990 Ireland didnt have a great team back then,Im sure Martin O Neill could pull this one off i think or am i wrong."

Well in all fairness we had a pretty good team in 1990, we just didn't play good football...I think they can pull it off, it depends on how many new players we can get, lots of the older lads will be gone by then so they need to start finding the next generation of players pretty quick...my god this country needs a world cup!!! But let's get the euros done with first, we still have a slim hope of that...

"Jack charlton donecit in 1990 Ireland didnt have a great team back then,Im sure Martin O Neill could pull this one off i think or am i wrong.

Well in all fairness we had a pretty good team in 1990, we just didn't play good football...I think they can pull it off, it depends on how many new players we can get, lots of the older lads will be gone by then so they need to start finding the next generation of players pretty quick...my god this country needs a world cup!!! But let's get the euros done with first, we still have a slim hope of that..."

Its a shame tho that theres not enough money put into the sport over here to encourage the young lads.

By *ong riderMan  over a year ago

belfast

To be fair its a very fought group. Some deluded child said Austria would be toughest earlier..no. All are tough home and away. Anyway why would you want to go to Russia. Mad racist mad gangster country with a madman for a leader

"Jack charlton donecit in 1990 Ireland didnt have a great team back then,Im sure Martin O Neill could pull this one off i think or am i wrong.

Well in all fairness we had a pretty good team in 1990, we just didn't play good football...I think they can pull it off, it depends on how many new players we can get, lots of the older lads will be gone by then so they need to start finding the next generation of players pretty quick...my god this country needs a world cup!!! But let's get the euros done with first, we still have a slim hope of that...

Its a shame tho that theres not enough money put into the sport over here to encourage the young lads."

The young lads here are taken to England and forgotten about...loi is a shite league so why would they stay

"To be fair its a very fought group. Some deluded child said Austria would be toughest earlier..no. All are tough home and away. Anyway why would you want to go to Russia. Mad racist mad gangster country with a madman for a leader"

I reckon they be alot of crowd trouble at this one to esp with the Russian Hooligans on there own turf.

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

Its a shame tho that theres not enough money put into the sport over here to encourage the young lads.

The young lads here are taken to England and forgotten about...loi is a shite league so why would they stay"

They don't stay here because the Irish club's can't afford to pay what the British clubs pay them,and that's because we have a small population and not enough people support the league,which means there's not enough money coming into the game here to reinvested in players and facilities. basically it's a vicious circle..

» Add a new message to this topic