FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > A good send off

A good send off

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was listening to the radio and the topic was about themed funerals.

What would people like as a themed funeral,obviously your nearest and dearest will know

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'll be dead and gone, I couldn't care less what they do with the body.

What a depressing topic first thing in the morning. I have no themes.

I see it as a celebration of their life.

It's just an idea as I here lots of people have done these but each to their own.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Anyway they put me standing in a corner with a pint in my hand ill be happy

"I see it as a celebration of their life.

It's just an idea as I here lots of people have done these but each to their own. "

I have a list of songs actually. I gave it to the undertaker 6 years ago. He's in his 80s now so will hopefully (for want of a better word) be dead before me. But no theme so to speak.

Not sure really...

But someone will probably bring marshmallows when they burn me at the stake

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I never really thought about it.

Cremation. They can do as they want with the ashes. I'll be dead so won't matter. Tomcat

They can hand me over for medical research and burn the remains. It's the soul that lives on after all.

Not really pushed what they do with my guts after I'm gone...at a push I'd say a Vikings burial. Throw me in a long boat, set it alight and push me out to sea of Rochespoint. Knowing my luck I'd have Greenpeace trying to board it.

Fired from a cannon into the sun.

"Fired from a cannon into the sun."

Sounds like Gonzo from the Muppets

"I see it as a celebration of their life.

It's just an idea as I here lots of people have done these but each to their own.

I have a list of songs actually. I gave it to the undertaker 6 years ago. He's in his 80s now so will hopefully (for want of a better word) be dead before me. But no theme so to speak. "

they can hand it down to the new owner! Hopefully neither of that will be needed for many many years!

Ashes in a helium filled balloon above a go-pro on a parachute. "We are all made of stars" take me home.

I do have one song that my closest know about.

Cremation as even though I'm gone,,just the thought of spiders!

Ashe's will be scattered in special places of meaning.

Then a party in my honer with s couple of special rooms reserved!! Well it will be a celebration!

By *ne of manyMan  over a year ago

east Galway

"I was listening to the radio and the topic was about themed funerals.

What would people like as a themed funeral,obviously your nearest and dearest will know "

raise a glass, speak kindly of me and share the good times

What would people like as a themed funeral,obviously your nearest and dearest will know raise a glass, speak kindly of me and share the good times "

I will drink a glass of wine when I see your first verification

I'm an organ donor so hopefully they will get some use of me when I pass, so most likely a cremation for myself, there's afew songs I'd like but defo don't want it to be a sad affair, a celebration of life is the perfect way to put it

It's so interesting how other cultures treat their dead. Some skin the bodies and leave them outside so they quickly rot and return goodness back to the earth. I kinda like that idea.

"It's so interesting how other cultures treat their dead. Some skin the bodies and leave them outside so they quickly rot and return goodness back to the earth. I kinda like that idea."
next doors cat might have it pmsl

"They can hand me over for medical research and burn the remains. It's the soul that lives on after all."

That's what my other half did when he died 3 years ago. I've signed up for medical research too - might as well try and put the bones to some good use

"It's so interesting how other cultures treat their dead. Some skin the bodies and leave them outside so they quickly rot and return goodness back to the earth. I kinda like that idea."

Eww! I've heard of 'sky burials' in Nepal but never of desecrating a corpse.

Had 2 very good friends pass away last year both from cancer and one was only 50 the other 61 the best chats we had was about their funerals and themes..

One loved Ed so she had her daughter sing her favourite song...

The other had bob marley don't worry she was a total stoner in her young days...

It may seem morbid to many but to others it's natural!

Me I want a Viking burial...only if I can get the fckn council to allow it on the Shannon!

By *ardy cowboyMan  over a year ago

every wheat field around Midlands

Well I ain't afraid of dying it's the taughts of being dead that's gets me down so I don't want any song played.

"It's so interesting how other cultures treat their dead. Some skin the bodies and leave them outside so they quickly rot and return goodness back to the earth. I kinda like that idea.

Eww! I've heard of 'sky burials' in Nepal but never of desecrating a corpse."

Draining body fluids and replacing them with embalming chemicals to slow the decomposition so the corpse can be gawped at by the neighbours is just as much an act of "desecration".

how about pressing the organics matter into artificial gemstones, diamonds even, and then make necklaces with them and left to the descendants as heirloom?

I want to be cremated and as the coffin lowers or goes through the doot i want disco inferno playing!

I'd have bingo night theme

"how about pressing the organics matter into artificial gemstones, diamonds even, and then make necklaces with them and left to the descendants as heirloom?"

Sounds like fun, is there a workshop?

"I want to be cremated and as the coffin lowers or goes through the doot i want disco inferno playing!"
AC/DC highway to hell, for me

"I want to be cremated and as the coffin lowers or goes through the doot i want disco inferno playing!"

Know a lady who had her "wake" when she hit 80. Invited all who she liked and had a great party. She paid for everything including accommodation. She reckoned she wanted to hear all the nice things people would say about her and told everyone not to bother going to her funeral as she wouldn't be there herself. Great idea.

"how about pressing the organics matter into artificial gemstones, diamonds even, and then make necklaces with them and left to the descendants as heirloom?

Sounds like fun, is there a workshop?"

well... the rocks are made by expensive machines that press your body organics under high pressure and high temperatures to produce the gem stones... look it up on the net

By *llie and ApplesCouple  over a year ago

where ever

I'd like a horse drawn carriage & a brass band, as they do in New Orleans..Black naturally.

Doesn't matter what they play...

I'm tone deaf...

Also I'd like multiples of women dressed in sexy little black dresses and wearing veils to throw themselves on my coffin as it is carried down the aisle. ..all the time wailing 'I can't live without him'...

I'd like an effigy of my penus created so that the ladies could enjoy it for years after my death...

As to how I'd like to die, I rather like Tyrion Lanaster's suggestion...

Is this to much to ask of you Apples?

Ollie....

Not that I've given it to much thought....

"

...I'd like an effigy of my penus created so that the ladies could enjoy it for years after my death...

"

Like a sculpture on your headstone that gets rubbed for good luck?!

"

...I'd like an effigy of my penus created so that the ladies could enjoy it for years after my death...

Like a sculpture on your headstone that gets rubbed for good luck?! "

Lol Excellent

where ever

"

Like a sculpture on your headstone that gets rubbed for good luck?! "

I like the sound of that....

Now to get it approved by the monsignor....

By *unfella 1Man  over a year ago

dublin

"Know a lady who had her "wake" when she hit 80. Invited all who she liked and had a great party. She paid for everything including accommodation. She reckoned she wanted to hear all the nice things people would say about her and told everyone not to bother going to her funeral as she wouldn't be there herself. Great idea."
. Myself and a few friends have been mulling this idea over the last couple of months. I for one Wud love to see my own funeral. We were thinking about having a wake for a different guy each time. He can attend but can't contribute to the " tributes and banter", ( ok I know the drink will put paid to that eventually) but I just think it's a much better way to celebrate a friendship then when they are gone and it will be a much more solem affair!!!

"Ashes in a helium filled balloon above a go-pro on a parachute. "We are all made of stars" take me home."

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"Know a lady who had her "wake" when she hit 80. Invited all who she liked and had a great party. She paid for everything including accommodation. She reckoned she wanted to hear all the nice things people would say about her and told everyone not to bother going to her funeral as she wouldn't be there herself. Great idea."

Brillant idea

My aunt passed at the tender age of 43 from a combination of things she was a lively soul always had a pragmatic outlook on life. When the docs gave her three months she set about righting her affairs so she bought the lads engagements pressents, wedding presents, suits for her funeral arranged with the undertaker all the things she wanted and the after funeral meal in a pub beside the grave yard not a penny passed hands that night she had prepaid every thing and had a video playing on a big screen of the last six months of her life she cheated the docs and lived six months best wake I was ever at still remember her smiley happy face asking me for a fag on our way home from the hospital happy days

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I want a madness theme at mine, everyone in ska gear complete with raybans and fedoras or fez hats. A saxophone player on wires hovering above my coffin playing along to the tunes and as im taken to be cremated I want " it must be love" played with an 80s theme afterparty to follow. Ill come back to hover over their beds at night to haunt them if I dont have my last wish

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

I'm gonna pay the priest to fall to his knees at the side of my grave, to cry, to gather himself together look up at the heavens and scream out "WHY DID YOU TAKE HIM FROM US YOU BASTARD".

I'm gonna pay 6'7 guys to wear plague doctor masks to carry my coffin..

https://img1.etsystatic.com/013/0/5288709/il_fullxfull.445466265_nlm8.jpg

I want the funeral to be in a dark room. When you go into it, its so dark your eyes have to adjust, and when you come out you're blinded by light. I want the inside of the room to be decked out with LED lights, and my coffin too.

Then when they go to take me out I want dark steering to start, but want it to look like the lights are coming out of my coffin all around the room..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvLAKrVbCBM

I wouldn't miss my own funeral for the world, so I want it to be good.

"I want a madness theme at mine, everyone in ska gear complete with raybans and fedoras or fez hats. A saxophone player on wires hovering above my coffin playing along to the tunes and as im taken to be cremated I want " it must be love" played with an 80s theme afterparty to follow. Ill come back to hover over their beds at night to haunt them if I dont have my last wish "

Love it

Dublin

"I want a madness theme at mine, everyone in ska gear complete with raybans and fedoras or fez hats. A saxophone player on wires hovering above my coffin playing along to the tunes and as im taken to be cremated I want " it must be love" played with an 80s theme afterparty to follow. Ill come back to hover over their beds at night to haunt them if I dont have my last wish

Love it "

gotta go out with a bang eh!!

No black allowed, and some crazy music instead of the morbid stuff we usually have....Some good song ideas posted already. ....how bout Queens "another one bites the dust" or Van Morrison's "Real Real Gone"

"I want a madness theme at mine, everyone in ska gear complete with raybans and fedoras or fez hats. A saxophone player on wires hovering above my coffin playing along to the tunes and as im taken to be cremated I want " it must be love" played with an 80s theme afterparty to follow. Ill come back to hover over their beds at night to haunt them if I dont have my last wish

Love it

gotta go out with a bang eh!! "

I'd add on a buster bloodvessel lookalike singing lip up fatty

By *illbillMan  over a year ago

dublin

What would people like as a themed funeral,obviously your nearest and dearest will know "

i want to carted off in a wheely by some bin men and a bin lorry...complete with flashing beacons

Dublin

Love it

I'd add on a buster bloodvessel lookalike singing lip up fatty "

Jaysus, I could get my ex hubby to do that if he hasnt croaked it before me!!

Love it

I'd add on a buster bloodvessel lookalike singing lip up fatty "

Of course I mean for my own

If it's going to be ska have to have a bit of bad manners

Funnily enough Queen popped into my head too when started thinking about it I think the traditional Irish wake with plenty of drink and music and hopefully it isn't for a few decades...

I always said id make everyone wear fancy dress and as im leaving the church Dirty Dancing Time of my life playing ... id even add to my will that they had to do the dance from the movie just to really piss them off then I want to be cremated I want part of me sprinkled in anfield , another part in puerto rico and the last scrap made into firework . I dont ask for much haha ill make sure im still demanding when im gone

Just a big piss up for me il be happy with that keep me organs for people who need them aslong as I go down with a family photo and a bottle of Jamson my iPhone and earphones I'm happy enough

"No black allowed, and some crazy music instead of the morbid stuff we usually have....Some good song ideas posted already. ....how bout Queens "another one bites the dust" or Van Morrison's "Real Real Gone""
going underground by the jam

"No black allowed, and some crazy music instead of the morbid stuff we usually have....Some good song ideas posted already. ....how bout Queens "another one bites the dust" or Van Morrison's "Real Real Gone"going underground by the jam "
knocking on heaven's door, GUNS N ROSES.

Dublin

Love it

If it's going to be ska have to have a bit of bad manners "

I like you already!!

Love it

If it's going to be ska have to have a bit of bad manners

I like you already!! "

I think a ska night in the making

where ever

I have no real plans for mine other than I wish for green days 'good riddance' to be played at some point

Apples

"No black allowed, and some crazy music instead of the morbid stuff we usually have....Some good song ideas posted already. ....how bout Queens "another one bites the dust" or Van Morrison's "Real Real Gone"going underground by the jam knocking on heaven's door, GUNS N ROSES. "

good one!

"I have no real plans for mine other than I wish for green days 'good riddance' to be played at some point

Apples"

im gona add that to mine too!

"No black allowed, and some crazy music instead of the morbid stuff we usually have....Some good song ideas posted already. ....how bout Queens "another one bites the dust" or Van Morrison's "Real Real Gone"going underground by the jam "

ha ha, another one for the list!

My father told me 'One day you'll leave this world behind so live a life you will remember. These are the nights that never die'

"My father told me 'One day you'll leave this world behind so live a life you will remember. These are the nights that never die'"
I like that.

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

"My father told me 'One day you'll leave this world behind so live a life you will remember. These are the nights that never die'"

Thats great advice

"Do do dudo do do!...."

east Galway

What would people like as a themed funeral,obviously your nearest and dearest will know raise a glass, speak kindly of me and share the good times I will drink a glass of wine when I see your first verification "

how about that glass of wine then?

What would people like as a themed funeral,obviously your nearest and dearest will know raise a glass, speak kindly of me and share the good times I will drink a glass of wine when I see your first verification how about that glass of wine then? "

errrrrr.... This isn't the thread for that.

east Galway

What would people like as a themed funeral,obviously your nearest and dearest will know raise a glass, speak kindly of me and share the good times I will drink a glass of wine when I see your first verification how about that glass of wine then? errrrrr.... This isn't the thread

for that. "

deepest apologies

» Add a new message to this topic