FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > STD Test

STD Test

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey everyone,

I've just been enlightened that I should get my STD test done not just for anyone but for myself, and I highly encourage anyone who has never got an STD test before to go do it as soon as possible. I still think I'm 100% free but there is nothing better than the actual medical examination, so before you put that little willy off yours into someone and possible spread your STD, go get checked up.

Thanks for the awareness all you beautiful fabbers :D xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/07/15 18:27:35]

Will you admit if you're not clean??

Probably will delete and make a new profile

Just had my latest done 2 weeks ago. It's not that scary. Nothing to be ashamed of going to get one done. Better be safey than sorry.

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Hopefully the penny has dropped young man, if ye dont love yourself and have peace of mind, its impossible to love the ladies out there or worse still, for them to love you back get the picture now dude??

"Hopefully the penny has dropped young man, if ye dont love yourself and have peace of mind, its impossible to love the ladies out there or worse still, for them to love you back get the picture now dude?? "

never a true word said

Yep we got ours a couple of weeks back. Easy done. Well worth it to be sure. We play safe, but its nice to know youre clean.

Remember, you may think youre being safe, but if you dont use protection for oral.. you NEED to get this done if you value your health and the health of people you are meeting.

I always wear a condom except for oral sex giving and receiving x ??

In life style we are in now we get checked every 3 months just too be 100% certin all of which where clean as a whistle

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"I always wear a condom except for oral sex giving and receiving x ?? "

If youre concerned during oral sex a dental dam can be used but like other forms of protection, theyre not foolproof or failsafe. Watch out for changes in your mouth, bleeding gums for no reason, frequent mouth ulcers, tenderness of gums etc. Assuming youve ruled a dental issue out, a blood test can detect an sti and can be treated whether its in your body or your mouth by antibiotics.

"I always wear a condom except for oral sex giving and receiving x ??

If youre concerned during oral sex a dental dam can be used but like other forms of protection, theyre not foolproof or failsafe. Watch out for changes in your mouth, bleeding gums for no reason, frequent mouth ulcers, tenderness of gums etc. Assuming youve ruled a dental issue out, a blood test can detect an sti and can be treated whether its in your body or your mouth by antibiotics. "

Herpes and HPV are caused by viruses - herpes is incurable.

If youre concerned during oral sex a dental dam can be used but like other forms of protection, theyre not foolproof or failsafe. Watch out for changes in your mouth, bleeding gums for no reason, frequent mouth ulcers, tenderness of gums etc. Assuming youve ruled a dental issue out, a blood test can detect an sti and can be treated whether its in your body or your mouth by antibiotics.

Herpes and HPV are caused by viruses - herpes is incurable. "

Well it is actually, apparently if you are undergoing chemo the drugs can kill off the herpes simplex virus, it's just a side affect me one of the drugs. I know not a good answer but it proves that there is away of destroying the virus. It's got something to do with the destruction of the genetic material making it unable to infect a host cell and replicate. So the likelihood is that there's a cure for the likes of aids, hpv, herpes and hiv but it makes more business sense for big pharma to treat rather than cure.

Well it is actually, apparently if you are undergoing chemo the drugs can kill off the herpes simplex virus, it's just a side affect me one of the drugs. I know not a good answer but it proves that there is away of destroying the virus. It's got something to do with the destruction of the genetic material making it unable to infect a host cell and replicate. So the likelihood is that there's a cure for the likes of aids, hpv, herpes and hiv but it makes more business sense for big pharma to treat rather than cure."

Amazing, could you provide any informations to links ect.

I have a close friend who would find this helpful.

He has asked this question before, but Doctor said it`s not possible that chemo had stopped a recurrance of herpes.

By *heoldhippyMan  over a year ago

Midleton

[Removed by poster at 15/07/15 00:28:44]

By *heoldhippyMan  over a year ago

Midleton

"Just had my latest done 2 weeks ago. It's not that scary. Nothing to be ashamed of going to get one done. Better be safey than sorry. "

True

Well it is actually, apparently if you are undergoing chemo the drugs can kill off the herpes simplex virus, it's just a side affect me one of the drugs. I know not a good answer but it proves that there is away of destroying the virus. It's got something to do with the destruction of the genetic material making it unable to infect a host cell and replicate. So the likelihood is that there's a cure for the likes of aids, hpv, herpes and hiv but it makes more business sense for big pharma to treat rather than cure."

I should have said "currently no treatment is available" from the perspective of anyone infected, it's the same thing right now.

And yes, pharma companies have only a limited interest in curing - hence the push for chemo with it's limited success rate.

Well it is actually, apparently if you are undergoing chemo the drugs can kill off the herpes simplex virus, it's just a side affect me one of the drugs. I know not a good answer but it proves that there is away of destroying the virus. It's got something to do with the destruction of the genetic material making it unable to infect a host cell and replicate. So the likelihood is that there's a cure for the likes of aids, hpv, herpes and hiv but it makes more business sense for big pharma to treat rather than cure.

I should have said "currently no treatment is available" from the perspective of anyone infected, it's the same thing right now.

And yes, pharma companies have only a limited interest in curing - hence the push for chemo with it's limited success rate."

Ok so I'm just out of my doctors, he said everything is fine with me, if anything comes up he will refer to St James hospital (Where is that )

So yeah I'm good for now.

"Will you admit if you're not clean?? "

Yeah, I've no shame in admitting things! :D

"Probably will delete and make a new profile "

Definitely not, I'm a guy who cares about his profile.

5+ months is better than 1 day being registered here :D

"Hopefully the penny has dropped young man, if ye dont love yourself and have peace of mind, its impossible to love the ladies out there or worse still, for them to love you back get the picture now dude?? "

I do get it dudette :D Thanks for your wisdom and kindness :D x

And yes, pharma companies have only a limited interest in curing - hence the push for chemo with it's limited success rate.

Ok so I'm just out of my doctors, he said everything is fine with me, if anything comes up he will refer to St James hospital (Where is that )

So yeah I'm good for now. "

Your doctor has no idea whether you are clear until your test results come back.

Wow that was fast! I'm changing doctors! The GUM clinic usually takes a week or two to wait for results to come back, your doc can do it on the spot. Medical science has come a long way!!

Wow that was fast! I'm changing doctors! The GUM clinic usually takes a week or two to wait for results to come back, your doc can do it on the spot. Medical science has come a long way!! "

Well ya most tests are instant but you've to pay for the doc

Your doctor has no idea whether you are clear until your test results come back. "

Thats why I said he said I'm all clear and if anything comes up ill be referred to a hospital duhhhh read please

Wow that was fast! I'm changing doctors! The GUM clinic usually takes a week or two to wait for results to come back, your doc can do it on the spot. Medical science has come a long way!!

Well ya most tests are instant but you've to pay for the doc"

Thank god for a medical card then :P

It's always good to see people being responsible for their sexual health and wellbeing...

I also get tested regularly last Thursday in fact,the clinic in limerick is so informative and relaxed nobody should not be tested

Well ya most tests are instant but you've to pay for the doc

Thank god for a medical card then :P"

Lol lucky you

Your doctor has no idea whether you are clear until your test results come back.

Thats why I said he said I'm all clear and if anything comes up ill be referred to a hospital duhhhh read please "

Then you're not "all clear" duhhh

Anyone ever heard of cut n paste?

Thats why I said he said I'm all clear and if anything comes up ill be referred to a hospital duhhhh read please

Then you're not "all clear" duhhh"

No need to be right is there? I went this morning, he gave me the, sorry, ALMOST clear and said if anything comes up he'll refer me to James Hospital. Happy?

"Anyone ever heard of cut n paste?"

I'm an IT tutor, I hear it every day off my life.

So you've just went from saying 'he said I'm all clear' to 'he gave me the, sorry, ALMOST clear', not a very clear result me thinks

I'm struggling to believe a doctor told you that you were 'almost clear' after visiting him for testing. That would be rather irresponsible of him. He hasn't a clue until he gets the blood test results back.

I smell bullshit.

H

[Removed by poster at 15/07/15 12:24:36]

The really worrying thing is that you seem to be as ill-informed on the subject as you were yesterday

does the medical card cover a std check up??

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

So what exactly did your gp do.

did you take blood?

swabs?

Did you he look at your meet and two veg?

Did he ask questions?

Did you ask questions.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"does the medical card cover a std check up??"
I don't think so.

I'm Wexford you will you have to go to Waterford for it to be free.

"I'm struggling to believe a doctor told you that you were 'almost clear' after visiting him for testing. That would be rather irresponsible of him. He hasn't a clue until he gets the blood test results back.

I smell bullshit.

H"

My god can you not read. He said I'm all clear, he never said I'm almost clear...I said that. He said what he has seen there seems to be nothing wrong and if something comes up he will refer me to the hospital, how is it that hard to not understand what I said?

If you go to your doctor he can give you the results quicker but it takes like 5 days!

The sti clinics in limerick dublin cork are all free,you just call up make an appointment,they are very discreet they only ask for your date of birth nothing more!

You get a number and once you speak with one of the medical professionals that's all you will be known as..

ie..F..(female) no 89

M...(male) no 53

it's a great service but takes up to two weeks before you get your results and 3 months for hiv and syphilis tests...

"does the medical card cover a std check up??"

I say so, I went into him this morning told him that I want a check up, I've been on file in his office for years, never ask for my medical card but I do have one. also it's free in James hospital :D

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

"does the medical card cover a std check up?? I don't think so.

I'm Wexford you will you have to go to Waterford for it to be free.

"

exactly this^^^ i went to the gum clinic in Waterford hospital..just gotta wait a few days for appointment,plus it's free. unlike st James 's hospital,in Dublin, the Waterford clinic is much more relaxed and personal.

"I'm struggling to believe a doctor told you that you were 'almost clear' after visiting him for testing. That would be rather irresponsible of him. He hasn't a clue until he gets the blood test results back.

I smell bullshit.

H

My god can you not read. He said I'm all clear, he never said I'm almost clear...I said that. He said what he has seen there seems to be nothing wrong and if something comes up he will refer me to the hospital, how is it that hard to not understand what I said?"

Seems...he can't tell by looking

"If you go to your doctor he can give you the results quicker but it takes like 5 days!

The sti clinics in limerick dublin cork are all free,you just call up make an appointment,they are very discreet they only ask for your date of birth nothing more!

You get a number and once you speak with one of the medical professionals that's all you will be known as..

ie..F..(female) no 89

M...(male) no 53

it's a great service but takes up to two weeks before you get your results and 3 months for hiv and syphilis tests..."

what about galway anybody

"So what exactly did your gp do.

did you take blood?

swabs?

Did he ask questions?

Did you ask questions.

"

He took blood, he looked my ding dong he swabbed under the head of penis, and he swab inside which I couldn't handle, he told me to urinate in a cup. He told me everything seemed fine that if anything came up he will refer me.

Sorry I can't make it word for word because I am horrible at explaining things that someone else has told me...one of my flaws.

I never knew so many off you were doctors

city

never mind the test, I am more amused that someone that lives in dublin dosent know we're James 's hospital is.....and also how an IT tutor can have a medical card.

I was at the clinic in portlaoise recently, and tge doctor "reassuringly" told me that everything looked fine. So it seems to be something they do. I'm well read on the subject and I knew that there was no way he could tell as many men don't get symptoms. Basically he told me what i already knew, that i didn't have any symptoms.

I think they say it to try and put the patient at some sort of ease for the two week wait for results.

it was my first time going and i was petrified but it's actually grand and even though I'm extremely careful, it's still a serious weight off your shoulders when you get the all clear.

did you take blood?

swabs?

Did he ask questions?

Did you ask questions.

He took blood, he looked my ding dong he swabbed under the head of penis, and he swab inside which I couldn't handle, he told me to urinate in a cup. He told me everything seemed fine that if anything came up he will refer me.

Sorry I can't make it word for word because I am horrible at explaining things that someone else has told me...one of my flaws."

And "seems" to be fine doesn't mean fine it means you have nothing visually wrong with you,but swabs and bloods take days or weeks to come back!

never mind the test, I am more amused that someone that lives in dublin dosent know we're James 's hospital is.....and also how an IT tutor can have a medical card. "

Well I know were it is now haha. I've never been to James and haven't been near that part of Dublin unless I was playing ball :D

Only recent IT tutor, very lucky I got the job. Medical card nearly expired though

did you take blood?

swabs?

Did he ask questions?

Did you ask questions.

Sorry I can't make it word for word because I am horrible at explaining things that someone else has told me...one of my flaws.

And "seems" to be fine doesn't mean fine it means you have nothing visually wrong with you,but swabs and bloods take days or weeks to come back!"

I know, hence why I'm waiting to be or not be referred :D Hopefully not, lets pray :D

city

never mind the test, I am more amused that someone that lives in dublin dosent know we're James 's hospital is.....and also how an IT tutor can have a medical card.

Well I know were it is now haha. I've never been to James and haven't been near that part of Dublin unless I was playing ball :D

Only recent IT tutor, very lucky I got the job. Medical card nearly expired though "

Thanks for clearing that up

Only recent IT tutor, very lucky I got the job. Medical card nearly expired though

Thanks for clearing that up"

No problem pal :D

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

They have cured aids and HIV in people, its just expensive.

There are people out there immune to HIV, herpes etc. You find one that is a bone marrow match and you can become immune too.

"They have cured aids and HIV in people, its just expensive.

There are people out there immune to HIV, herpes etc. You find one that is a bone marrow match and you can become immune too."

This is actually true I remember reading the article about the bone marrow transplant.

There are people out there immune to HIV, herpes etc. You find one that is a bone marrow match and you can become immune too."

They've also cured cancer, but yet they won't allow the medicine to be used because the amount of money they would lose to chemo etc fucked up world we live in

City

There are people out there immune to HIV, herpes etc. You find one that is a bone marrow match and you can become immune too.

They've also cured cancer, but yet they won't allow the medicine to be used because the amount of money they would lose to chemo etc fucked up world we live in"

They have cured cancer in mice and in the lab over and over and over, the problem is humans need a way to deliver the drug to the cancer, that's why they haven't released one yet and spend enormous amounts of money researching delivery methods.

They are always making steps forward, for example they just separated the bad affects of thc from the good affects so that might become a real drug now.

Don't know why the lad is getting all this crap.

He sought out the info about STI's and made an appointment.

He went to his GP and got tested which is more than what most do

He gave a general report back not a word for word conversation that he had with his doc,

Well done lad, next time won't be as scary.

"Don't know why the lad is getting all this crap.

He gave a general report back not a word for word conversation that he had with his doc,

Well done lad, next time won't be as scary."

I'm just terrible at explaining things to people but thanks for understanding at most people don't. Sure who knows most of them could be riddled with STDs.

He is getting hassle mainly because he claimed the doctor has told him he was all clear. It's impossible to know that immediately, so there was clearly a miscommunication somewhere.

Fair play to him for doing it though. Many don't.

Well done lad, next time won't be as scary.

He is getting hassle mainly because he claimed the doctor has told him he was all clear. It's impossible to know that immediately, so there was clearly a miscommunication somewhere.

Fair play to him for doing it though. Many don't. "

He never said all clear or almost clear. I said that in my own words :D Oh for goodness sake :/ I got the hippy hippy shakesss

Read above... You typed..

'I said he said I'm all clear'

http://www.guideclinic.ie/sti-clinic/stis-and-treatments/common-stis

Here's a link to info about sti's from St James' guide clinic.It's a free test (get there early because of a limit on numbers they can see in a morning.)Some of the results are instant and some you have to wait up to 2 weeks for,if there is an infection or something in the bloods which may need a course of treatment ,they sms your mobile to let you know,if there is nothing showing up then after 10 days without an sms ,you are all clear.

It's well worth reading each section in the above link because some viruses are not protected by condoms.

City

You're not all clear after 10 days, your results were all clear.

You may still be infected.

For example for HIV you take your first test 3 months after possible exposure, so 3 months since the last time you had sex. You then wait till 12 months to take another before you are given a 100% all clear.

The HIV test only tells you that you probably didnt catch hiv 3 months ago.

"You're not all clear after 10 days, your results were all clear.

You may still be infected.

For example for HIV you take your first test 3 months after possible exposure, so 3 months since the last time you had sex. You then wait till 12 months to take another before you are given a 100% all clear.

The HIV test only tells you that you probably didnt catch hiv 3 months ago."

Was going to point this out yesterday but decided I was wasting my time. People will believe what it suits them to believe.

» Add a new message to this topic