FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Best way to make friends?

Best way to make friends?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been on the site for a week or 2 now (still a newbie, I know) and I keep seeing people who are all familiar. I know people meet at socials and stuff, but how do you guys go about becoming friends on the site?

I don't wanna send a message, then just add someone as a friend. And I know how hesitant people can be about single guys... So, any pointers for the new guy?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hey man I'm in the same boat as you but I just figured out not to rush on things, people usually post on the forums a lot, have a lot of verified meets, god damn sexy or guys who have a good sense of humour. It's better to have a few friends and dont wait on a best friend. I'll be your best mate sure haha

"Hey man I'm in the same boat as you but I just figured out not to rush on things, people usually post on the forums a lot, have a lot of verified meets, god damn sexy or guys who have a good sense of humour. It's better to have a few friends and dont wait on a best friend. I'll be your best mate sure haha"

Haha cheers man! Yeah I get the patience part.. I'm only just allowed to post on the forums so I guess it's just get involved from here. Thanks for the post

WOW 2 new hotties on the site, pity ye guys are so young!! You both have great pics on your profiles!!

Welcome to the madhouse!!!

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Its probably your best bet to get involved on the forum as it gives the ladies a better sense of who you are. Relax, enjoy them and welcome to both of you

Welcome!!

"WOW 2 new hotties on the site, pity ye guys are so young!! You both have great pics on your profiles!!

Welcome to the madhouse!!! "

Youth doesn't mean inept and shouldn't be pitied! Sometimes we just need the people who know that little bit more to show us how it's done.

And thanks for the welcome. From what I've seen, madhouse is putting it lightly!

"WOW 2 new hotties on the site, pity ye guys are so young!! You both have great pics on your profiles!!

Thanks very much, it is a pity

One day! haha

"Hey man I'm in the same boat as you but I just figured out not to rush on things, people usually post on the forums a lot, have a lot of verified meets, god damn sexy or guys who have a good sense of humour. It's better to have a few friends and dont wait on a best friend. I'll be your best mate sure haha

Haha cheers man! Yeah I get the patience part.. I'm only just allowed to post on the forums so I guess it's just get involved from here. Thanks for the post "

No problem at all. I had the same issue but a few friendly girls helped me out! Hopefully someone like them will help you! :D

As resident young fella I'd like to say get involved with forums, try chat. Be weary of the trolls other than that you'll do grand

Welcome boys !!

Yep my advice would be get involved with the forums & then hopefully get invited to a social ! That's what we did, it was the best way to get meet verified !! But no matter what... relax & enjoy !!

Hi,

Welcome to Fab, still a newbie, well a returning out of retirement newbie.lol.

Forums are great fun, just relax and enjoy the banter.

Sorry , meant to add , there are lots of really fun welcoming people on this site, only too willing to make newbies feel welcome

"Sorry , meant to add , there are lots of really fun welcoming people on this site, only too willing to make newbies feel welcome "

Yup, it is certainly seeming that way

age is only a number 2 some people

Remember OP the forums are used by what? Maybe about 15/20 women regularly at most? Don't get caught up in trying to earn their acceptance or ya'll turn into a yes man and lose a bit of you. Don't forget there's a whole site to explore.

Have fun and be you and enjoy it.

I think ya'll be just fine. Xx

Some of who are a little friendlier than others. Keep your radar on Gents!

"Hey man I'm in the same boat as you but I just figured out not to rush on things, people usually post on the forums a lot, have a lot of verified meets, god damn sexy or guys who have a good sense of humour. It's better to have a few friends and dont wait on a best friend. I'll be your best mate sure haha

Haha cheers man! Yeah I get the patience part.. I'm only just allowed to post on the forums so I guess it's just get involved from here. Thanks for the post "

There's a very limited number posting on the forums. As a newbie you'd be better off not getting involved in the cliques and squabbles here and making your own way around the site. Generally I will accept a friend invite from someone who has bothered to read my profile and make some intelligent conversation first. Of course, others msy of course have different criteria lol.

Unfortunately for you, your age and single male status is going to mean you are blocked by many people's filters, be patient and don't be pushy.

By *lfieWoman  over a year ago

South Dublin

Dont become a forum whore.

"Dont become a forum whore."

That's what I said in a nutshell

"Dont become a forum whore.

That's what I said in a nutshell "

It's what you waffled about & alluded too.

It's what you waffled about & alluded too."

I'll try simpler phrases next time so you can keep up

I'll try simpler phrases next time so you can keep up"

Thank you. May doesn't have an S in it.

[Removed by poster at 14/07/15 07:54:28]

"[Removed by poster at 14/07/15 07:54:28]"

Uh huh.

Thank you. May doesn't have an S in it."

Why thank you, it's "alluded to", not "alluded too" btw

Thank you. May doesn't have an S in it.

Why thank you, it's "alluded to", not "alluded too" btw"

Touché.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Please don't spoil the thread and keep any issues away from the forum please.

Welcome newbies....as others have said, only a small percentage use the forum but it is a good place to start to have a bit of fun ( sometimes )

"

Please don't spoil the thread and keep any issues away from the forum please.

Welcome newbies....as others have said, only a small percentage use the forum but it is a good place to start to have a bit of fun ( sometimes ) "

Well said!!

By *ohn MingoMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Dont become a forum whore."

Excuse me, I'm a forum whore and it didn't do me any harm!

Excuse me, I'm a forum whore and it didn't do me any harm! "

May have been aimed at others sure she's a Mingo fan

Dublin

May have been aimed at others sure she's a Mingo fan "

Ah i know she is, me and Elfie get on very well.

May have been aimed at others sure she's a Mingo fan

Ah i know she is, me and Elfie get on very well.

"

That's why I assume forum whore was an insult aimed at you

I think a lot of women read the forums and don't post..sure I lurked for months before I started properly replying. So even if you think there are only a few women active on here there are probably more than that

Please God there are thousands lurking in the shadows

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"I think a lot of women read the forums and don't post..sure I lurked for months before I started properly replying. So even if you think there are only a few women active on here there are probably more than that "

I think this could be quite true, a friend of mine never posts on here yet she checks it every day, reckons she can spot the dickheads and block them before they mail her

South Dublin

"I think a lot of women read the forums and don't post..sure I lurked for months before I started properly replying. So even if you think there are only a few women active on here there are probably more than that

I think this could be quite true, a friend of mine never posts on here yet she checks it every day, reckons she can spot the dickheads and block them before they mail her"

She must be flat out blocking then.

"I think a lot of women read the forums and don't post..sure I lurked for months before I started properly replying. So even if you think there are only a few women active on here there are probably more than that

I think this could be quite true, a friend of mine never posts on here yet she checks it every day, reckons she can spot the dickheads and block them before they mail her

She must be flat out blocking then. "

That's why you rarely post here

South Dublin

She must be flat out blocking then.

That's why you rarely post here "

Had to give up the day job. Full time job blocking.

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

99% of the women that talk to me don't regurarly use the forum or chat.

Why would they, the residents would just post their personal info.

Anyway, give up the idea of making "friends" and just see women as bits of meat to stick your dick in and you will get along just fine on the forum and chat. But also dont annoy them so kinda do what they say etc. I dunno?

newcastle

She must be flat out blocking then. "

well she has quite a list

My plan to make friends on fabs is not to be a total dick and go around annoying people or spamming folks with unwanted attention.

Let's see how that plays out for me.

newcastle

"My plan to make friends on fabs is not to be a total dick and go around annoying people or spamming folks with unwanted attention.

Let's see how that plays out for me."

it might go well

We think you can tell a lot about people from the forums. Shows the oddballs and buttlickers (very small percentage) but also the genuine people here for fun and games

"I've been on the site for a week or 2 now (still a newbie, I know) and I keep seeing people who are all familiar. I know people meet at socials and stuff, but how do you guys go about becoming friends on the site?

I don't wanna send a message, then just add someone as a friend. And I know how hesitant people can be about single guys... So, any pointers for the new guy?"

Money is good

"I've been on the site for a week or 2 now (still a newbie, I know) and I keep seeing people who are all familiar. I know people meet at socials and stuff, but how do you guys go about becoming friends on the site?

I don't wanna send a message, then just add someone as a friend. And I know how hesitant people can be about single guys... So, any pointers for the new guy?"

Don't understand why you would want to make friends. Friends are for your real life. Sending Polite messages, organise a coffee/drink etc it goes from there.

And Holly would know.

Its nice to be friendly!xxxx

"

Don't understand why you would want to make friends. Friends are for your real life. Sending Polite messages, organise a coffee/drink etc it goes from there. "

I don't mean friends as in "let's all organise a picnic on the beach and catch up" (although a trip to the beach could be fun.........

Anyway, what I mean is friends on the forum. Just to become familiar with frequent users, and have something to do while i get no replies..... (awwwww) I jest

But it's hard for me as a young single guy. A lot of the time my messages just won't cut it, as people see 22 single male and just say NOPE and move on. I don't blame them either - a lot of the single males my age are just asking for a quick shag and moving on. So I thought I'd approach it differently and see if I can familiarise myself with the lovely people on the forum!

"

Don't understand why you would want to make friends. Friends are for your real life. Sending Polite messages, organise a coffee/drink etc it goes from there.

I don't mean friends as in "let's all organise a picnic on the beach and catch up" (although a trip to the beach could be fun.........

Anyway, what I mean is friends on the forum. Just to become familiar with frequent users, and have something to do while i get no replies..... (awwwww) I jest

But it's hard for me as a young single guy. A lot of the time my messages just won't cut it, as people see 22 single male and just say NOPE and move on. I don't blame them either - a lot of the single males my age are just asking for a quick shag and moving on. So I thought I'd approach it differently and see if I can familiarise myself with the lovely people on the forum!"

I agree you age goes against you however it has been proven continue sending nice messages and be polite, post on the forums will get you noted too, the forums are a great way to see how folk treat each other and will give you an insight to folks personalities.

Dublin

"

But it's hard for me as a young single guy. A lot of the time my messages just won't cut it, as people see 22 single male and just say NOPE and move on. I don't blame them either - a lot of the single males my age are just asking for a quick shag and moving on. So I thought I'd approach it differently and see if I can familiarise myself with the lovely people on the forum!

I agree you age goes against you however it has been proven continue sending nice messages and be polite, post on the forums will get you noted too, the forums are a great way to see how folk treat each other and will give you an insight to folks personalities."

....or how they want you to perceive their personalites.

"

I agree you age goes against you however it has been proven continue sending nice messages and be polite, post on the forums will get you noted too, the forums are a great way to see how folk treat each other and will give you an insight to folks personalities.

....or how they want you to perceive their personalites."

Yes very true.

This started off a good forum..went a little askew in the middle..but picked up again ..lots of good advice for you here lads..dont rush it..and eventually you will get out of the starting blocks..I was also in the same dilemma. .not so long ago..1piece of advice. .if you message someone and get no reply. .dont message again..I got a couple of replys some weeks later. .morale of the story. .they appricate a guy who has paitence..

Hey dude, I am having the same problem. It's a bit if the girls on the site as there is so many guys so patience is the way forward and hopefully some very nice girls will come our way. happy fabbing man....

"99% of the women that talk to me don't regurarly use the forum or chat.

Why would they, the residents would just post their personal info.

Anyway, give up the idea of making "friends" and just see women as bits of meat to stick your dick in and you will get along just fine on the forum and chat. But also dont annoy them so kinda do what they say etc. I dunno?"

Gggrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Before you send a message, read the persons profile! So many guys don't n open a conversation with 'hi how's you' Find something in the profile to open conversation with. At least then they know you've 'bothered' yourself to read it. And yea keep up with the forums. Good luck and welcome x

» Add a new message to this topic