FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > disclaimers

disclaimers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

just wondering what other people think about the big long rambling disclaimers about stealing pics and ramifications et al that folks tend to post on their profiles . In case anyone reading didnt already know , they are totally pointless , no protection is offered to anyone who posts their pics on this or any other website , indeed the terms of this site will state that the pics uploaded are no longer your property and no claims of liability entered into regarding how your pics are used , shared or copied .

With this in mind , am I the only person who is somewhat disappointed when I check out a prospective meet and find a wall of disclaimer nonsense on their profile ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't feel disappointed. I just wonder about their level of intellect

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

i think most just use is as a way to fill out their profile text

"i think most just use is as a way to fill out their profile text"
So You're a waffler then?

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"i think most just use is as a way to fill out their profile textSo You're a waffler then? "

how did you come to that conclusion ?

"i think most just use is as a way to fill out their profile textSo You're a waffler then? "

Load of bollix

Don't see why you'd be bothered by it at all if you're not planning on using their pictures to pretend it's you.

Laids probably right. I think when I first joined I stuck it in as a filler until I figured out what I wanted to write.

I just ignore them i mean when am i ever going to be in austrailia!lmao

I'm thinking of using it as away of getting Sydney university to contact me, I'm thinking about going to OZ next year so if they want to give me a research position that'd be great

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

They dont say its not your property when you uplaod the image.

They say the content is theirs, their partners or their members property.

They put in a blanket clause to protect themselves from legal trouble if an image is misused by a 3rd party.

You can sitll sue someone if they use your image, in practice it only works if they make money from the image.

You can never sue a university for copyright infringement unless they publish a lot of it, which they never do.

By *ardy cowboyMan  over a year ago

every wheat field around Midlands

Yes often did wonder about that.lot of typing and taught that would hardly stop anyone

"i think most just use is as a way to fill out their profile textSo You're a waffler then?

how did you come to that conclusion ?

"

Pulling you leg lad. I thought I'd put a smilie in.

I might hide some legal mumbo jumbo alluding to the sexual enslavement of chosen profile viewers who lurk around my profile somewhere in the small print.

I have a team of poorly trained lawyers at the ready

"I might hide some legal mumbo jumbo alluding to the sexual enslavement of chosen profile viewers who lurk around my profile somewhere in the small print.

I have a team of poorly trained lawyers at the ready "

Such provocation

"I don't feel disappointed. I just wonder about their level of intellect "

This!!!! I usually just roll my eyes and go "Seriously??", usually if I ask someone why they've it up, 90% of the time the answer is "I saw a lot of others doing it so thought I ought to"

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

"just wondering what other people think about the big long rambling disclaimers about stealing pics and ramifications et al that folks tend to post on their profiles . In case anyone reading didnt already know , they are totally pointless , no protection is offered to anyone who posts their pics on this or any other website , indeed the terms of this site will state that the pics uploaded are no longer your property and no claims of liability entered into regarding how your pics are used , shared or copied .

With this in mind , am I the only person who is somewhat disappointed when I check out a prospective meet and find a wall of disclaimer nonsense on their profile ? "

It's the sheep mentality.People see others with it and they follow. basically it's not worth a shit, except it makes Sydney university one of the most recognised university in the world

By *LICK IF U DAREWoman  over a year ago

good girl gone bad!!!!!!

I had that done to me n he sent the back on kik unreal thing to do to anyone sickened me...

"just wondering what other people think about the big long rambling disclaimers about stealing pics and ramifications et al that folks tend to post on their profiles . In case anyone reading didnt already know , they are totally pointless , no protection is offered to anyone who posts their pics on this or any other website , indeed the terms of this site will state that the pics uploaded are no longer your property and no claims of liability entered into regarding how your pics are used , shared or copied .

With this in mind , am I the only person who is somewhat disappointed when I check out a prospective meet and find a wall of disclaimer nonsense on their profile ?

It's the sheep mentality.People see others with it and they follow. basically it's not worth a shit, except it makes Sydney university one of the most recognised university in the world"

It's proof (if you needed it) that most people are not capable of thinking for themselves

We see it and think id love a fucking job at Sydney university

"I might hide some legal mumbo jumbo alluding to the sexual enslavement of chosen profile viewers who lurk around my profile somewhere in the small print.

I have a team of poorly trained lawyers at the ready

Such provocation "

Have you been avoiding my profile Justin Casey?

I think they don't know how the internet works and the meaning of public domain and probably drink a little too much of their own bath water. Once you upload a pic of yourself to a website it effectively becomes public domain as far as I am aware.

In only think it is silly on profiles with nothing on them. But I understand it helps people feel safer at least.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It's complete and utter nonsense those disclaimers, but is it seriously a reason for not meeting someone just because of the disclaimer?

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

My youngest son used have a blanky when he was a baby it did nothing for him but it kept him safe at night in his mind. The disclaimer is the same totally useless but it keeps those with it safe in their mind.

Don't think it stop me from meeting them

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

I use to have the disclaimer up for ages but never knew it was complete bollox and ya it was kind of a comment filler for me till i had enough up about myself

"It's complete and utter nonsense those disclaimers, but is it seriously a reason for not meeting someone just because of the disclaimer?

"

Only if you promise not to use my photos in your memoirs

I always knew it was rubbish but I was told that people people hate it so I thought i'd put it on my profile cause of people that like to get pissed off over stuff that doesnt matter

» Add a new message to this topic