FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > tour de france

tour de france

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *al2001 OP   Man  over a year ago

kildare

Anyone watching the tour? I love it

I picked quintana before it started and sticking with him. He'll come good in the mountains

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Anyone watching the tour? I love it

I picked quintana before it started and sticking with him. He'll come good in the mountains

"

That'll surely slow him down though? Won't he have to stop to clean up or do they have people there to do that?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like lots of sports but cycling's got to be one of the most boring. How they can commentate for 4 to 5 hours on end ( and need two to do it) when little happens is a mystery

"I like lots of sports but cycling's got to be one of the most boring. How they can commentate for 4 to 5 hours on end ( and need two to do it) when little happens is a mystery "

I think you have to look at what else they do, the guys on Eurosport talk about the area the cyclists are travelling through, landmarks, interesting historical facts and then there's all the stuff going on by the fans alongside the route to fill in the gaps as the Peloton passes. J'adore the cyclists physique.

"I like lots of sports but cycling's got to be one of the most boring. How they can commentate for 4 to 5 hours on end ( and need two to do it) when little happens is a mystery

I think you have to look at what else they do, the guys on Eurosport talk about the area the cyclists are travelling through, landmarks, interesting historical facts and then there's all the stuff going on by the fans alongside the route to fill in the gaps as the Peloton passes. J'adore the cyclists physique."

In other words, they're not commentating on the cycling and you'd be as well off using a travel guide.

"I like lots of sports but cycling's got to be one of the most boring. How they can commentate for 4 to 5 hours on end ( and need two to do it) when little happens is a mystery

I think you have to look at what else they do, the guys on Eurosport talk about the area the cyclists are travelling through, landmarks, interesting historical facts and then there's all the stuff going on by the fans alongside the route to fill in the gaps as the Peloton passes. J'adore the cyclists physique.

In other words, they're not commentating on the cycling and you'd be as well off using a travel guide."

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said.

I think you have to look at what else they do, the guys on Eurosport talk about the area the cyclists are travelling through, landmarks, interesting historical facts and then there's all the stuff going on by the fans alongside the route to fill in the gaps as the Peloton passes. J'adore the cyclists physique."

I admire their endurance yes. And as for the landscapes and historical stuff plenty of this on discovery without the distraction of cyclists

In other words, they're not commentating on the cycling and you'd be as well off using a travel guide.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said. "

So why waste hours when a good half hour guide would tell you the same

So why waste hours when a good half hour guide would tell you the same"

*looks fruitlessly for the face palm smiley again

Yes, you're right. I'll stop being interested immediately.

"

Dependa how much time you've got for wasting I suppose

Lucan

There must be something going on with it given the incredible amount of people who turn out and tune in. I used to watch it years ago. I found it exciting.. The tactical battles, the incredible power and endurance, the speed, the sometimes foolish breakaways, good stuff!

Dependa how much time you've got for wasting I suppose"

48 minutes.

Dependa how much time you've got for wasting I suppose

48 minutes."

Enjoy

By *ceman 6969Man  over a year ago

Belfast

Not the same with out Lance Armstrong anybody who can win the tour de france on drugs is a star when I was on drugs I couldn't even find my bike never mind winning the tour de france!!

"There must be something going on with it given the incredible amount of people who turn out and tune in. I used to watch it years ago. I found it exciting.. The tactical battles, the incredible power and endurance, the speed, the sometimes foolish breakaways, good stuff! "

No, you're wrong MM, Casey says it only needs to be half an hour long.

its like cricket, in that it goes on forever, and i used to find cricket boring, until i watched the west indies play england in a jamacian barbers once, put it in a whole new perspective.

i admire the effort, lance armstrong notwithstanding, that the competitors and teams put in, spending days and weeks in saddle is to be admired.

i think the giro coming last year opened cycling up to lots of people.

By *al2001 OP   Man  over a year ago

kildare

It can be boring like last year with a lot of favorites crashing out early,but if its a competitive race there's nothing like it

Watching guys break away on the mountains in the third week of racing is an awesome sight. I hear a lot of sports ppl talking about digging deep but no one in sport digs deeper than these guys

Just hope no more crash out

Viva le tour

Lucan

"its like cricket, in that it goes on forever, and i used to find cricket boring, until i watched the west indies play england in a jamacian barbers once, put it in a whole new perspective.

i admire the effort, lance armstrong notwithstanding, that the competitors and teams put in, spending days and weeks in saddle is to be admired.

i think the giro coming last year opened cycling up to lots of people."

The t de f started here in '98 and it turned out to be a disaster with the amount of teams exposed for doping that year.

"

"

I feel yr. face pain Candy.

The tour is an incredible event. Even with or without the doping, it's an amazing spectacle and has a rich history...not sure if it can EVER be clean again and it lacks good quality rivalries these days but I always turn on to the highlights every Summer.

By *ean0001Man  over a year ago

Dublin West

I Just love it...

Have to make do with the highlights show in the evenings so its all crammed into the 45 mins or so.

If you understand whats going on it makes way more sense. The teames head to head, the solo breaks for glory and the just total pain and suffering so many put themselves through day after days.

I have climbed some of these mountains and it hurts so what the hell its like with 200km already in your legs before you hit them i can only imagine.

If the faves can stay on the bikes it should be a good tour. 4 riders that have the talent to win it and the teams behind them.

Froome looks strong and will take some beating but one bad day in the mountains and it can all change, and he almost got knocked off his bike yesterday by another rider.

The one i'm most impressed with this year is Peter Sagan. His climbing has improved and he is always near the front at the end of the stage, so i fancy him for a couple of stages, and i was delighted to see Tony Martin take the yellow yesterday.

Just a pity Cancellara had to pull out with 2 broken bones in his back after his crash, but yet he still got on the bike and rode another 50km to the finish. That shows just how tough some of these lads are..

Some may think its boring, but for me I love it..

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"its like cricket, in that it goes on forever, and i used to find cricket boring, until i watched the west indies play england in a jamacian barbers once, put it in a whole new perspective.

The t de f started here in '98 and it turned out to be a disaster with the amount of teams exposed for doping that year. "

I think they just picked up some of the needles lying around the city centre and for got to dump them thats what they get for being nice

"I Just love it...

Some may think its boring, but for me I love it.."

Amen to that ! Here's to a close tour this year.

By *owdyBoobyMan  over a year ago

limerick

These lads on 4% body fat doing what they do I hold my hands up and say its the toughest sport in the world.

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

The t de f started here in '98 and it turned out to be a disaster with the amount of teams exposed for doping that year. "

oh I remember it well....the council resurfaced the roads in Tallaght and walkinstown and I am sure other places as well, we all stood along the road for hours waiting for the cyclists to make an appearance...The anticipation and excitement was unbelievable, and then it was all over in ten seconds.... like my first ride

It's a great watch when they have days like Mon and Tues. Today's stage was a bit boring a bit of rain made it exciting at times.

Great to see 3 Irish lads in the Tour one of them should be trying to win it in a few years. Dan Martin!.

city

"These lads on 4% body fat doing what they do I hold my hands up and say its the toughest sport in the world. "

if ur on drugs it's not as tough,

i think the giro coming last year opened cycling up to lots of people."

Must have been a very big barbers shop

By *owdyBoobyMan  over a year ago

limerick

"These lads on 4% body fat doing what they do I hold my hands up and say its the toughest sport in the world.

if ur on drugs it's not as tough, "

Even with drugs still fucking tough. The drugs wont make you any braver when your decending at 60kmph and lads on your tail or turn your resting heart rate down to a measly 28 bpm.

Road race at a top level myself..... You's have to admire how much dedication these guys put in for a 21 day tour. This takes months and months away from family and everything else. By far the toughest sport in the world, racing flat out for 4-5 hours then climbing a mountain that's 15 kilometres long, not at your Cush too. Often at the fastest guys there's pace. Takes the pain barrier way beyond threshold. I love watching it, racing it and being involved in it. Just wished I was good enough to be in there peloton

city

"These lads on 4% body fat doing what they do I hold my hands up and say its the toughest sport in the world.

Even with drugs still fucking tough. The drugs wont make you any braver when your decending at 60kmph and lads on your tail or turn your resting heart rate down to a measly 28 bpm. "

I didn't say it wasn't tough .....or anything about being brave.. all I said was, "if ur on drugs it's not as tough."

it's such a pity drugs are so ingrained in the sport of cycling,at the top level anyway...

Not sure what it's like further down the food chain...if there's any cyclists on here that might be in the know, I'd love to hear if drugs are part of it at a lower level.

Even with drugs still fucking tough. The drugs wont make you any braver when your decending at 60kmph and lads on your tail or turn your resting heart rate down to a measly 28 bpm. I didn't say it wasn't tough .....or anything about being brave.. all I said was, "if ur on drugs it's not as tough."

it's such a pity drugs are so ingrained in the sport of cycling,at the top level anyway...

Not sure what it's like further down the food chain...if there's any cyclists on here that might be in the know, I'd love to hear if drugs are part of it at a lower level."

Definitley, drugs are used even in amateur racing. Surprising what people will do to themselves for that extra sharpness in the bunch. But at the end of the day, talent will always shine through. In cycling the drugs don't always win. They work on the body, but the tactics and smartness of a rider will see him through

Even with drugs still fucking tough. The drugs wont make you any braver when your decending at 60kmph and lads on your tail or turn your resting heart rate down to a measly 28 bpm. I didn't say it wasn't tough .....or anything about being brave.. all I said was, "if ur on drugs it's not as tough."

Not sure what it's like further down the food chain...if there's any cyclists on here that might be in the know, I'd love to hear if drugs are part of it at a lower level.

Definitley, drugs are used even in amateur racing. Surprising what people will do to themselves for that extra sharpness in the bunch. But at the end of the day, talent will always shine through. In cycling the drugs don't always win. They work on the body, but the tactics and smartness of a rider will see him through "

Yea, Cause Lance was clean

By *oluptuousMom.Woman  over a year ago

New Ross

"It can be boring like last year with a lot of favorites crashing out early,but if its a competitive race there's nothing like it

Watching guys break away on the mountains in the third week of racing is an awesome sight. I hear a lot of sports ppl talking about digging deep but no one in sport digs deeper than these guys

Just hope no more crash out

Viva le tour"

I luv watching it , rock hard lads in Lycra .What always blows me away they might have been going at it hard for hours even on the mountain stages but once the finish line is in sight they way they can dig down up the pace and work even harder to sprint to the finish .

» Add a new message to this topic