FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > MacGregor in Vegas off??

MacGregor in Vegas off??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apparently Jose Aldo has broken a rib in training and the big fight is off sickened

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Apparently Jose Aldo has broken a rib in training and the big fight is off sickened "

Ah lads

Aldo pulled out rather than get knocked out imo.

Publicity stunt & mind games. He's fine, not a bother on him. Hoping mcgregor eases off on the training for the last few weeks so he might get the edge.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Aldo broke rib but fight not confirmed off yet

No publicity stunt,nothing unusual about a fighter getting injured training.

Read somewhere chad mendes stepping in for aldo for non title fight,winner will fight aldo when he's better. Bad news for mcgregor,mendes wrestling be too much for him IMO

"Aldo broke rib but fight not confirmed off yet

Read somewhere chad mendes stepping in for aldo for non title fight,winner will fight aldo when he's better. Bad news for mcgregor,mendes wrestling be too much for him IMO"

But that's not fair that he'll have to fight mendes to get the title fight when he was already guaranteed a title fight

kildare

Read somewhere chad mendes stepping in for aldo for non title fight,winner will fight aldo when he's better. Bad news for mcgregor,mendes wrestling be too much for him IMO

But that's not fair that he'll have to fight mendes to get the title fight when he was already guaranteed a title fight"

The card has to be filled,fair or not that's the way the sport works

Title fights often cancelled due to injury.

But that's not fair that he'll have to fight mendes to get the title fight when he was already guaranteed a title fight

Title fights often cancelled due to injury. "

Just must be disheartening lol he had the title fight and now he has to fight mendes who's no walk in the park

kildare

Title fights often cancelled due to injury.

Just must be disheartening lol he had the title fight and now he has to fight mendes who's no walk in the park"

I'd say he's dishearthened and worried. He wouldn't have been training to fight a wrestler. He has only cpl of weeks to train his takedown defence

Gutted for mcgregor!

Well played card I would say worse case scenario fight is off, no one can say anything about Jose aldo shit happens!

Fight no off and he gets his ass wooped he will blame it not being 100% and carrying an injury!

Aldo wins the fight by a miracle, he would say I even had a injury, blah di blah

kildare

"Well played card I would say worse case scenario fight is off, no one can say anything about Jose aldo shit happens!

Fight no off and he gets his ass wooped he will blame it not being 100% and carrying an injury!

Aldo wins the fight by a miracle, he would say I even had a injury, blah di blah

"

If you're suggesting aldo is faking it you're mistaken. Injury would have to be backed up by xray evidence. this is a disaster for the UFC,they spent millions promoting this fight and the reputation of the organisation at stake. Fans won't buy tickets or pay for PPV if big fights are getting cancelled

And if you think jose aldo fears mcgregor or any other fighter you're def wrong. Unlike mcgregor he's fought and beaten the best in the world. Mcgregors never even fought a top wrestler. I wouldn't call denis shiver great or even good wrestler

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

Well mecgreggor can't complain. He openly said he does not train to fight a person, he trains to fight.

Other fighters out there would train for a particular fight so might not be able to handle a switch so well. He does not have that excuse.

If he is champ material he can take another fighter no bother, that's what the champs do all the time. UFC is corrupt and picks them easy fights unless they have been naughty boys or girls and then they feed them to a lion.

Mcgreggor is still in ufc good books, not like one of the failed steroid heads.

Apparently (through some shit I read earlier) this happens with Aldo on a regular basis.

kildare

"Apparently (through some shit I read earlier) this happens with Aldo on a regular basis. "

It happens with all fighters regularly. Seems to be happening more in recent years,some say fighters training too hard and too often and body breaks down.

kildare

"Well mecgreggor can't complain. He openly said he does not train to fight a person, he trains to fight.

Other fighters out there would train for a particular fight so might not be able to handle a switch so well. He does not have that excuse.

If he is champ material he can take another fighter no bother, that's what the champs do all the time. UFC is corrupt and picks them easy fights unless they have been naughty boys or girls and then they feed them to a lion.

Mcgreggor is still in ufc good books, not like one of the failed steroid heads."

That's just mcgregor talking shit,of course fighters train to fight a particular fighter,especially fighting wrestlers. Relative to top american wrestlers mcgregor knows very little and wrestling is the dominant art in mma and if he's not seriously drilled in takedown defence he will be completely dominated. IMO anyway

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

I know its him talking shit, but he has painted himself into a corner now.

UFC looks after its "stars" in these situations. They will pick someone who is not fully fight fit but on paper looks good. They will give every advantage they can to mcgreggor, but they will expect him to fight.

In all the fights I have ever seen like this, the only time the person who stepped up won was won by some freak of luck hit.

If ufc pick someone fight fit then mcgreggor will probably be beaten.

It wouldn't be the first time Aldo pulled out of a US fight due to injury. He seems to only like to fight in Brazil as of late where there is no commission funnily enough. Added to that his missed drug test a few weeks ago and to only give urine the next day when the tester came back, not blood and urine like he was suppose to.. Plus the fact his trainer is quoted a few months ago saying he thinks fighters should be allowed to juice!! It all seems a bit fishy to me, then again it could be all just a coincidence.

kildare

"It wouldn't be the first time Aldo pulled out of a US fight due to injury. He seems to only like to fight in Brazil as of late where there is no commission funnily enough. Added to that his missed drug test a few weeks ago and to only give urine the next day when the tester came back, not blood and urine like he was suppose to.. Plus the fact his trainer is quoted a few months ago saying he thinks fighters should be allowed to juice!! It all seems a bit fishy to me, then again it could be all just a coincidence. "

Definitely question marks about aldo and steroids. He doesn't fear mcgregor tho. Its a tough sport and guys get injured.

MacGregor will fight July 11!! Who though is the question at this stage!?

Aldo is a vaginal expulsion of gas

The fight is on

Aldo only bruised

"The fight is on

Aldo only bruised "

Aldo out

kildare

Bad news for mcgregor. He's less likely to beat mendes than aldo IMO. Even tho aldo bet mendes twice. Time will tell

By *orn_ball11Man  over a year ago

Portrush

Aldo has made him self out to be a bigger Fanny than everyone first thought. McGregor has Beat him mentally before he's set foot in the ring ! McGregor the True Champion . He.ll get the Belt yet ... Team McGregor Respect!

kildare

Think its disgusting the way aldo is being treated. The guy is expected to fight when he's injured and iv heard his poor upbringing often being mentioned. Would an american fighter be expected to fight injured?

As for mcgregor wanting to fight an injured aldo,it only shows me mcgregor is scared. He's gone down in my estimation

Portrush

The thing is the Doctor has give Aldo the green light ie ok.ed him to fight but... still no likey no lighty...?

By *aughthycoupleCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne

Aldo is great fighter and champion. ..but his comments about irish fans let him down today

"Think its disgusting the way aldo is being treated. The guy is expected to fight when he's injured and iv heard his poor upbringing often being mentioned. Would an american fighter be expected to fight injured?

As for mcgregor wanting to fight an injured aldo,it only shows me mcgregor is scared. He's gone down in my estimation "

Actually McGregor said he doesn't give a shit who he fights as long as he gets paid, and of course he would be disappointed he can't fight him but I think he really doesn't care that much, they are both good fighters so I guess time will show eventually

By *aughthycoupleCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne

Still gonna go.....flight on thur morning

Portrush

Yeah Aldo Not Only Scared... but his Racist comments Was Childish... saying Conner was only fighting for a fake belt to show it off to his irish d*unk mates at pub... was the radio report on Rte2... so Least Aldo knows in his Heart that McGregor is Taking the Belt...

» Add a new message to this topic