FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Did tolerance and live and let live die with the Celtic tiger?

Did tolerance and live and let live die with the Celtic tiger?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *enandmolly OP   Couple  over a year ago

Galway

Just firing this out there today as I honestly think people were more tolerant of each other when times were good. Seems these days people turn on each other at the drop of a hat.

At times it seems as if people are looking for 1-800 dialanarguement! Is it stress, is it anger, what is it that's causing people to behave in this way?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a good question but some will agree and some won't. I for one believe it has brought folk closer.

Galway

"It's a good question but some will agree and some won't. I for one believe it has brought folk closer.

"

I myself feel it has brought family back into the equation

Galway

"It's a good question but some will agree and some won't. I for one believe it has brought folk closer.

I myself feel it has brought family back into the equation "

And what I mean by that is, valuing family and extended family even more as people hardly know their neighbours these days.

I myself feel it has brought family back into the equation "

It has!

It's certainly raised blood pressure and pushed a lot of people over the edge (fatally)

Galway

I myself feel it has brought family back into the equation

It has!

It's certainly raised blood pressure and pushed a lot of people over the edge (fatally)

"

Yes that's the horrendous side to it, so many communities beside rivers have suicide patrols. God help people who have been affected by this downside of the Celtic tiger.

Last year there was a horrible period of a few weeks where we lost 12 people from suicide to water alone

I don't think so I think there is a still a big divide between the well off and the not so well off.I also think if it we were close together Kenny and he's mob wouldn't be in power now and still ripping us off so its a no for me

» Add a new message to this topic