FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > scotland

scotland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouple1234 OP   Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

I'm sure alot of people from here have friends or family that live in Scotland but if they do go independent, do you think it will have a big impact on N.I

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would hope they vote Yes but don't think Scottish independence would have much of an impact in NI.

I actually think the No side will win so none of the above will really matter.

By *obbie65Man  over a year ago

kildare

Their heads will rule their hearts - will probably vote no - as long as Tories don't mess up over the 13next few days. ( looking for the salmond ambush !)

If Scotland were to go independent - it would have to have an affect on NI. Don't know what though. Maybe uk would move to a more federal system - independent lower house - federal upper house for England , NI and wales.

The only impact will be the 68 million pound of business from ni to Scotland each year.

I expect it to be very close.

As far the effects go, i think there will be a ripple effect for all parts of the UK and even wider, no matter how it turns out.

It's going to affect a lot including NI if the yes vote goes through due to the implications with the EU, currency etc

While I would like to see them pass a Yes vote, to me it seems like the campaign hasn enough answers about these implications

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

if they vote yes or no NI and wales can expect more powers as the torries where promising the scots more powers so why should the rest of the uk get the same powers.

it will also effect the up coming vote on whether the uk leaves the EU. as with less eu supports its likely that the rest of the uk will vote to leave the uk. which would again mean boarder crossings with the republic. it could get very bureaucratic

By *ecretly seductiveWoman  over a year ago

Palookaville

"It's going to affect a lot including NI if the yes vote goes through due to the implications with the EU, currency etc

While I would like to see them pass a Yes vote, to me it seems like the campaign hasn enough answers about these implications"

yep I kinda feel the same. My dad lives in Scotland and while his heart says yes his head says no as there haven't been clear enough ans or detail. I don't doubt if they do vote yes then wales and ni will be looking into their options although I can't see ni can afford it tbh. And if they vote no and get extra funding powers etc sure it will be a whole cat fight then

I think the best scenario there is a YES vote in Scotland, and then the British government and the whole Central London politics collapses and somebody gets a wake up call, and then sits down at the table and starts talking, and thinking, and working for the nation, rather then for their own purses.

I think it will be a NO, I think it's way too big a decision to be decided on such a small % difference, it should have been set at at least 66% to change.

By *enandmollyCouple  over a year ago

Galway

"I think it will be a NO, I think it's way too big a decision to be decided on such a small % difference, it should have been set at at least 66% to change. "

Agree, I betting on a last min NO swing.

Mind you, Frankie Boyle made a good argument for a 'YES' vote last night, anyone catch it?

'Euthanasia - Glasgow's new tourist attraction'

By *ouple1234 OP   Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

Here is the big question if Scotland do go it alone do you think it will drive a boarder pole on this island

Come on Scotland, vote YES!

» Add a new message to this topic