FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The Golden Oldies now that music

The Golden Oldies now that music

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sitting here listening to my ipod big band music and blues music the likes off frank sinatra, tony bennet, nina simone ella fitzgerald among others.Blues singers john lee hookers,muddy walters,screaming j hawkings.howling wolf just a few so many to mention.

They just dint make music like this anymore does anyone else listen to this stuff.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

old school 40/50/60s country music is great...no messing about...those guys were living the life....

of

I was listening to Billie Holiday the other day. That woman blows my mind. Can't beat the oldies

No show like a Joe Show. . . Except joe would be a no show. . .but you might still have the ladies of a certain transient ethnic minority dancing around their handbags . . .

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I was listening to Billie Holiday the other day. That woman blows my mind. Can't beat the oldies "

yep another great band lead singer in her time.

By *ceryMan  over a year ago

Malahide & Waterford

Got a few surprises when listening to the various Blues stations on the net playing the very early blues music said WOW, this is what Eric Clapton adopted for his music just that he did it with an electric guitar and less of the scratchy background noise.

Though seeing what the likes of 2Cellos have been doing for music there is some hope in progress beyond the vanilla Boy (Girl) bands.

» Add a new message to this topic