FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The doc is dead

The doc is dead

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do people think about big Ian paisley? Let's keep it sensible folks please.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Couldn't care less personally

By *vsnikkiTV/TS  over a year ago

Limavady

My view, (but I appreciate not everyone's), is that he was the most important and influential figure in Northern Ireland since 1967.I feel he moderated in recent years to the detriment of his "legacy".

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan  over a year ago

newcastle

i will be observing a minutes shouting to mark his death

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

Like everyone he has a family grieving and I sympathise. I don't believe in lambasting a person in death. We all have our own ideals, whether right or wrong depends on view point.

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

Don't always write on these forms now but love him or hate him he played a major roll on this island he wasn't a perfect person but who is we have all said or done something wrong.

By *ickDeckhardMan  over a year ago

Swords

Met him in later years. He was begining to lose it. Dementia I think. So sad.

"Like everyone he has a family grieving and I sympathise. I don't believe in lambasting a person in death. We all have our own ideals, whether right or wrong depends on view point. "

"Don't always write on these forms now but love him or hate him he played a major roll on this island he wasn't a perfect person but who is we have all said or done something wrong. "

By *ecretly seductiveWoman  over a year ago

Palookaville

"Like everyone he has a family grieving and I sympathise. I don't believe in lambasting a person in death. We all have our own ideals, whether right or wrong depends on view point. "

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"Like everyone he has a family grieving and I sympathise. I don't believe in lambasting a person in death. We all have our own ideals, whether right or wrong depends on view point.

"

Well said

Rest in peace Mr Paisley

"Like everyone he has a family grieving and I sympathise. I don't believe in lambasting a person in death. We all have our own ideals, whether right or wrong depends on view point.

Well said "

lets not forget the fact that this mans word send working class young protestants out to kill working class catholics so he has a lot of blood on his hands

The most provocative and polarizing personality active on this island since Oliver Cromwell. Had the oratory ability to have done so much social healing but unfortunitly was compelled to use his massive influence on his Desenter brethren to instil fear in and of their Catholic neighbours. Unfortunitly I think his ultimate legacy will be that he perpetuated the age old tactics of divide and conquer !

Gods Own Country

"lets not forget the fact that this mans word send working class young protestants out to kill working class catholics so he has a lot of blood on his hands"

And no better man to sit by his maker and let himself be judged......will those Messers Adams,McGuiness etc sit as easy???

Let God judge all , not us.

Limavady

"lets not forget the fact that this mans word send working class young protestants out to kill working class catholics so he has a lot of blood on his hands"

I know we all will have differing views of his impact. There are many, including me, with an opinion that without him we would not have reached a stage that the terrorists would largely have given up. Don't forget that people on both "sides" have died.

"lets not forget the fact that this mans word send working class young protestants out to kill working class catholics so he has a lot of blood on his hands

I know we all will have differing views of his impact. There are many, including me, with an opinion that without him we would not have reached a stage that the terrorists would largely have given up. Don't forget that people on both "sides" have died."

True, but U have to addmit he could have brought about change sooner ?

Gods Own Country

"lets not forget the fact that this mans word send working class young protestants out to kill working class catholics so he has a lot of blood on his hands

I know we all will have differing views of his impact. There are many, including me, with an opinion that without him we would not have reached a stage that the terrorists would largely have given up. Don't forget that people on both "sides" have died. True, but U have to addmit he could have brought about change sooner ?"

He "Paisley" couldn't have brought a cow to milk "sooner".....to peddle such pith is nonsense .

There is a time and place for everything ..... Allthough I think he was at fault for creating division when none was needed .

By *lay2018Couple  over a year ago

westmeath & roscommon.

I know we all will have differing views of his impact. There are many, including me, with an opinion that without him we would not have reached a stage that the terrorists would largely have given up. Don't forget that people on both "sides" have died."

The terrorist didn't give up. That's the funniest thing I've read in awhile on the net. The IRA's war was to bring the Brits to the negotiation table and gain a united peacefully. Not just give up as you say.

And no better man to sit by his maker and let himself be judged......will those Messers Adams,McGuiness etc sit as easy???

Let God judge all , not us."

Ah, the mighty imaginary God. Didn't he start all of this?

"Don't always write on these forms now but love him or hate him he played a major roll on this island he wasn't a perfect person but who is we have all said or done something wrong. "

Well said

Let God judge all , not us.

Ah, the mighty imaginary God. Didn't he start all of this?"

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I like to think of him as an example of how far you can get with a Mickey Mouse Doctorate if you have a loud voice.

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"I like to think of him as an example of how far you can get with a Mickey Mouse Doctorate if you have a loud voice. "

Wasn't he in spitting image?

By *each_PittWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"Rest in peace Mr Paisley "

Yes. Very sad to hear this news.

Not fan of ians but it is sad hes gone as it would for any of us. Those who say he sent prods out to murder are full of crap as he always condemd murder from all sides up here. He also condemed any attacks on RC chapels.

Limavady

"I like to think of him as an example of how far you can get with a Mickey Mouse Doctorate if you have a loud voice. "

You can also look at him as an example of how you don't have to be an oxbridge graduate to be the most influential politician of a generation.

By *ord Willy McFuck-BucketMan  over a year ago

newcastle

"I like to think of him as an example of how far you can get with a Mickey Mouse Doctorate if you have a loud voice.

You can also look at him as an example of how you don't have to be an oxbridge graduate to be the most influential politician of a generation."

his only politics were hatred until he got a sniff of power

Limavady

"I like to think of him as an example of how far you can get with a Mickey Mouse Doctorate if you have a loud voice.

You can also look at him as an example of how you don't have to be an oxbridge graduate to be the most influential politician of a generation.

his only politics were hatred until he got a sniff of power"

You don't have to admire someone to recognize their influence

» Add a new message to this topic