FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > under pressure lately over been single

under pressure lately over been single

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well ive been single now for two years last relationship was a disaster and i was dumped ex had alot off issues at the time and to behonest i was badly hurt.

Anyway it took me nearly two years to get over it but i noticed that lately mates are putting me under a small bit off pressure to find someone again and anytime im out for a pint the topic comes up about me been single.They are all married now or in realtionships but im quiet happy to be single for now and just to plod along and have some fun.

I do have some issues myself in trusting people again but strangely i dont feel insecure.Has anyone found it hard to move on after a relationship that ended badly or is it just me.any advice would be great.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Been single now for over 9 years. Don't really have issues with relationships but when you've been in one for over 18 years it's nice being my own boss and doing what I like when I like. If your happy then they should just except the situation. When your ready For a relationship again you will know

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Been single now for over 9 years. Don't really have issues with relationships but when you've been in one for over 18 years it's nice being my own boss and doing what I like when I like. If your happy then they should just except the situation. When your ready For a relationship again you will know "

Exactly this

"Been single now for over 9 years. Don't really have issues with relationships but when you've been in one for over 18 years it's nice being my own boss and doing what I like when I like. If your happy then they should just except the situation. When your ready For a relationship again you will know "

good advice thank u.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I have been single for a few yrs now my last relationship if I'm honest I was cause of the break up

However not going into the whole break up i was left to feel totally like it my fault until things came to a head with him too. We both was not happy both gave insecurities. I'm actually enjoying being single been in relationship from an early age.

Most my friends are married and i do get she needs a man honestly I'm happy and if I want to meet someone hopefully I will until then I happy.

"I have been single for a few yrs now my last relationship if I'm honest I was cause of the break up

However not going into the whole break up i was left to feel totally like it my fault until things came to a head with him too. We both was not happy both gave insecurities. I'm actually enjoying being single been in relationship from an early age.

Most my friends are married and i do get she needs a man honestly I'm happy and if I want to meet someone hopefully I will until then I happy."

Whats happen to me i be sitting enjoying a pint my mates will start oh we have to find him a woman tonite look at that one or how about this one, then it puts me off and way i say shes not my type i get ah ur getting too fussy its gets so annoying to be honest at times.

Talk to a priest about this,this is clearly a spiritual matter.

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"Talk to a priest about this,this is clearly a spiritual matter. "

that would be an ecumenical matter father

By *azsinsMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"I have been single for a few yrs now my last relationship if I'm honest I was cause of the break up

Most my friends are married and i do get she needs a man honestly I'm happy and if I want to meet someone hopefully I will until then I happy.

Whats happen to me i be sitting enjoying a pint my mates will start oh we have to find him a woman tonite look at that one or how about this one, then it puts me off and way i say shes not my type i get ah ur getting too fussy its gets so annoying to be honest at times."

there are many possibilities

they are worried your not getting any so you might jump one of their partners or worse one of them!! lol

their partners all think you need a woman to look after you

you are spoiling their partners numbers at the dinner parties so you need a plus one

you are giving them a good excuse to eye up the candy in the bar

All joking aside i wouldn't worry about your mates setting you up. Start to worry when you go to your mums for dinner and she has set you up!!!

"Talk to a priest about this,this is clearly a spiritual matter.

that would be an ecumenical matter father"

lmao

Whats happen to me i be sitting enjoying a pint my mates will start oh we have to find him a woman tonite look at that one or how about this one, then it puts me off and way i say shes not my type i get ah ur getting too fussy its gets so annoying to be honest at times.

they are worried your not getting any so you might jump one of their partners or worse one of them!! lol

you are spoiling their partners numbers at the dinner parties so you need a plus one

All joking aside i wouldn't worry about your mates setting you up. Start to worry when you go to your mums for dinner and she has set you up!!!

"

never thought about it that way mate shit i was invited to the mothers for dinner on friday oh noooooooooo.

Your friends probably think you are not in a relationship because you got hurt last time so are pushing you to get over it.

My mates don't bother me about it and its been way longer for me. But I didn't have my heart broken, and I have always had long spells between girlfriends, because I like to know people before I date them.

When I date a girl I know her, I like her, I think shes awesome, and think we could work as a couple.

I don't date someone to get to know them.

In Ireland this attitude is in the minority. You need to be bf and gf after the first dinner date or girls think you are not interested, and decided to have sex with that guy that is begging them, and treating them like a princess turning on all the tricks, and that means he really cares about her, and wont dump her in a month, by which time I will be setting my sights on someone else to rinse and repeat.

I'm comfortable with the Idea that I will live my life alone, and die alone. It was hard for me to come to terms with it, because I believe in soul mates and believe there is someone out there that is a great match for anyone.

Oh well..

Figure out why you are single, if its what you really want, and go from there.

"

today's sage advice courtesy of Jaz

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"

that happened to Bridget jones she got set up by her mother with mark Darcy ohhh his voice is lovely

By *ohn MingoMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I'm single a few months now, and while I've got a couple of (non fab) friends with benifits on the go, I wouldn't mind something more concrete again.....not yet though im having too much no strings fun!

Luckily I moved into a house with 2 single guys in their thirties. They're always on tinder and I laugh to myself....if the only knew what I'm at....

I have been single 8 years now and still get a kick out of being able to come and go as I please

packed off my last boy to collage today

ask me in a few weeks do I still like having a empty nest

"Been single now for over 9 years. Don't really have issues with relationships but when you've been in one for over 18 years it's nice being my own boss and doing what I like when I like. If your happy then they should just except the situation. When your ready For a relationship again you will know

Exactly this "

Same here totally .... im so used to doing my own thing now i think is find it hard to not be in a relationship again but have someone else to consider when im planning things if that makes sense ??

Never bothers me being single. I must confess though in winter,I do like to have someone to keep me warm at night.

By *idpunkMan  over a year ago

carrickfergus

I've been single about 4 months and tbh i hated it at first,but now i realise there's a gig on f**k it i'll go to that or i'll go to the pub but at the same time i get ribbed at work are you gay etc etc just because i'm single but hey ho.

Just like to say a big thanks for all the advice and input really appericate it thanks guys.

Im only single a few months but am happier being single. I have qualities that i know i want from a partner and dont want to be settling anymore as i have done in the past, though am in no rush to find someone with them. Friends do try to put me under pressure to date and be in a relationship but im not interested in settling down just because they want me to.

By *idpunkMan  over a year ago

carrickfergus

"Im only single a few months but am happier being single. I have qualities that i know i want from a partner and dont want to be settling anymore as i have done in the past, though am in no rush to find someone with them. Friends do try to put me under pressure to date and be in a relationship but im not interested in settling down just because they want me to. "

Agreed

My friends are mainly all married or settled down with long term partners and children etc. Doesn't bother me or them that I'm single or how long I've been single for. My friends are just happy that I'm happy.

I can't imagine not being single anymore and love the freedom that it brings. I can't even begin to imagine living with someone again either. I love not having someone to look after, can just come home and do my own thing when I want and choose to.

The responsibility of another person can be a heavy load.

In saying that I'm not ruling it out. If the right person comes along, I'll be open to possibilities but I'm not actively looking for a relationship

By *azsinsMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"Just like to say a big thanks for all the advice and input really appericate it thanks guys. "

great thread biggles happy to contribute

I am single and happy btw and yes be worried for friday lol, cause i am only speaking from experience. Boxing day good living church girl!!!

"Never bothers me being single. I must confess though in winter,I do like to have someone to keep me warm at night. "
mailbox now full

"Well ive been single now for two years last relationship was a disaster and i was dumped ex had alot off issues at the time and to behonest i was badly hurt.

Anyway it took me nearly two years to get over it but i noticed that lately mates are putting me under a small bit off pressure to find someone again and anytime im out for a pint the topic comes up about me been single.They are all married now or in realtionships but im quiet happy to be single for now and just to plod along and have some fun.

I do have some issues myself in trusting people again but strangely i dont feel insecure.Has anyone found it hard to move on after a relationship that ended badly or is it just me.any advice would be great."

secretly your friends are probably jealous of your freedom n independence Biggles

» Add a new message to this topic