FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Face pics

Face pics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a query, seems to be the case that wanting to swop face pics or show face on cam before a meet seems to be a deal breaker on here for some, is it shallow to want to see who you are meeting before you do so? Just find it quite strange, I am certainly no model and I wouldn't send my pic to just anyone, but well verified profiles who are obviously genuine asking to meet but don't want you to know what they look like? Seems strange to me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alwayboyMan  over a year ago

Galway

It's not blind date swapping of face pics is a must !!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Deffo have to see a face pic before a meet. If someone doesn't want to send me a face pic I find it a bit suspicious and then move

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

Why would you meet someone without showing them what you look like?!?

I can understand people not wanting to have face pics on Fab but as long as they arrange to share pics with you by some other means e.g email, kik etc then I can't see a problem.

"I can understand people not wanting to have face pics on Fab but as long as they arrange to share pics with you by some other means e.g email, kik etc then I can't see a problem. "

yep i only send face pics via kik, but I just don't get why people think it's an unreasonable request. I wouldnt meet anyone without them knowing what I looked like in case they ran a mile when we did meet!

I have my face pic up nothing too hide soo dont really mind so ladys can see that im genuine.

"Deffo have to see a face pic before a meet. If someone doesn't want to send me a face pic I find it a bit suspicious and then move"

you move house? seems a bit extreme

By *cjoyCouple  over a year ago

Galway

Wouldn't dream of meeting anyone without seeing a face pic first. But only send face pics to people who we are hoping to meet, not just to everyone we chat with.

Miss Mcjoy

"I have my face pic up nothing too hide soo dont really mind so ladys can see that im genuine."

I wouldn't have my face pic public too worried about people knowing me on here, but fair play to ya if you aren't worried, the UK seems to be a lot more relaxed about having faces showing in public pictures.

"Deffo have to see a face pic before a meet. If someone doesn't want to send me a face pic I find it a bit suspicious and then move

you move house? seems a bit extreme"

Lol...move on

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

"I have my face pic up nothing too hide soo dont really mind so ladys can see that im genuine.

I wouldn't have my face pic public too worried about people knowing me on here, but fair play to ya if you aren't worried, the UK seems to be a lot more relaxed about having faces showing in public pictures."

I won't meet without a face picture any more either. I have done in the past and it turned out awful.

He said he was 47 6ft2, brown hair, blue eyes, athletic build and a none smoker.

In actual fact he was about 60/65, 5ft6, grey comb over hair and a smoker! I think he came into town to meet me on his bus pass! Lol

"I won't meet without a face picture any more either. I have done in the past and it turned out awful.

He said he was 47 6ft2, brown hair, blue eyes, athletic build and a none smoker.

In actual fact he was about 60/65, 5ft6, grey comb over hair and a smoker! I think he came into town to meet me on his bus pass! Lol

"

I have heard of this happening so much, I think it's incredibly bad show of the person to lie like that, obviously thinking that once you meet them you won't leave out of politeness, I would be so ragin if that happened to me.

"I won't meet without a face picture any more either. I have done in the past and it turned out awful.

I have heard of this happening so much, I think it's incredibly bad show of the person to lie like that, obviously thinking that once you meet them you won't leave out of politeness, I would be so ragin if that happened to me."

Oh I didn't leave out off politeness but it cost him £6.50 a cocktail all night in the Metro Bar ! That will teach him to lie on a pension!!! Lol

I have heard of this happening so much, I think it's incredibly bad show of the person to lie like that, obviously thinking that once you meet them you won't leave out of politeness, I would be so ragin if that happened to me.

Oh I didn't leave out off politeness but it cost him £6.50 a cocktail all night in the Metro Bar ! That will teach him to lie on a pension!!! Lol "

By *ove2lick76Man  over a year ago

Ardee

Trouble I've found is people wanting see my pic before meet which fine but to then expect me turn up blind without notion who meeting....madness...has to be level playing field......possibly I just pig ugly and easier to let me down that way

"Trouble I've found is people wanting see my pic before meet which fine but to then expect me turn up blind without notion who meeting....madness...has to be level playing field......possibly I just pig ugly and easier to let me down that way "

totally agree, too many on here think they can dictate how and when meets should happen.

But surely you need to see what a person looks like to get some idea if there's going to be any kind do of spark or not. I'm no oil painting and therefore not appealing to every one.

By *ove2lick76Man  over a year ago

Ardee

"Trouble I've found is people wanting see my pic before meet which fine but to then expect me turn up blind without notion who meeting....madness...has to be level playing field......possibly I just pig ugly and easier to let me down that way

totally agree, too many on here think they can dictate how and when meets should happen."

I can totally understand discretion and not wanting pics in public but really expect me to travel without even seeing who it is I'm meeting.....not shallow by any means but if no attraction why oh why

For me a 'face pix' is necessary for a few reasons:

1: I personally need to have an attraction of some form : i mean we all have do's/dont's in the looks department.

2: To feel safe : it just puts me more at ease.

3: I definitely dont want to turn up : not know who im looking for : gives them an excuse to disappear quietly if im not 'their cuppa' : being stood up just aint a good feeling as im sure we all know.

4: in case I know the person/s outside of FAB : iv bumped into a good few people on here I know : people that I dont want to share my FAB world with.

#but I guess different people work it different ways : for me I stick to my own rules : if it dosnt suit them to share their pic then I just politely decline and move on#

For me a 'face pix' is necessary for a few reasons:

1: I personally need to have an attraction of some form : i mean we all have do's/dont's in the looks department.

2: To feel safe : it just puts me more at ease.

3: I definitely dont want to turn up : not know who im looking for : gives them an excuse to disappear quietly if im not 'their cuppa' : being stood up just aint a good feeling as im sure we all know.

4: in case I know the person/s outside of FAB : iv bumped into a good few people on here I know : people that I dont want to share my FAB world with.

#but I guess different people work it different ways : for me I stick to my own rules : if it dosnt suit them to share their pic then I just politely decline and move on#

Would never even consider meeting anyone without seeing a face pic .... i wont even meet with anyone if we havent chatted for a while ..... does that make me FUSSY, VAIN, BIGHEADED????

By *obbie65Man  over a year ago

kildare

No it ain't shallow to want to see a facepic before meeting. But against that,some people might not want to send a facepic due to risk of it causing problems if it were to go to a wrong person.

It's a case of different strokes for different ....

I won't send a facepic - am happy to meet someone for a coffee and chat - and if it ends there - so be it.

It certainly cuts down on available meets - but - hell - this is only a bit of fun. Wouldn't want it to affect real life.

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

I dont ask for nor send face pics. It has worked for me. Id rather know what type personality someone has then how they look, facial that is. The initial meet is to check out the body height and build. This is the area I find deceiving in pics.

would cam for them rather than send a pic just to retain controll

"I dont ask for nor send face pics. It has worked for me. Id rather know what type personality someone has then how they look, facial that is. The initial meet is to check out the body height and build. This is the area I find deceiving in pics."

what if you meet them and you know them outside of fab though?

Personality is no 1 for me but I still think its important to know what someone looks like for a whole multitude of reasons

around

"I dont ask for nor send face pics. It has worked for me. Id rather know what type personality someone has then how they look, facial that is. The initial meet is to check out the body height and build. This is the area I find deceiving in pics.

what if you meet them and you know them outside of fab though?"

So? Aren't they in the same position?

And generally I find a lot of personal details are let slip for me to figure out if I would know them.

"I dont ask for nor send face pics. It has worked for me. Id rather know what type personality someone has then how they look, facial that is. The initial meet is to check out the body height and build. This is the area I find deceiving in pics.

what if you meet them and you know them outside of fab though?"

I often think that when I send a face pic..... I hope that's not a work colleague but then the naughty side kicks in and I think mmmmm how much fun would it be of it was

By *timulationMan  over a year ago

sexerotica

i don't send or ask for face pics,its easy to send a pic that may not reflect the true person, im happy to travel for a coffee meet and sure if there's chemistry well anything can happen!!!!

"i don't send or ask for face pics,its easy to send a pic that may not reflect the true person, im happy to travel for a coffee meet and sure if there's chemistry well anything can happen!!!!"

This but I like to exchange a face pic so that I know who I'm looking out for at the coffee meet

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"

Jayus heather with legs like those id burn the batteries on my mobility scotter to get to meet U

limerick

Just had this yesterday with a cpl they mailed me and after one or two mails asked for a face pic now I ain't shy but I asked if they have one to which the reply was if U want to meet us U have send a pic I hate being cornered but I said I'll send it and see if they return the little trust built up. U guessed it right I wasn't for them but no face pic came from them so from now on if U want a face pic shoot urs over first, as I always meet for coffee in a public place first face pics are a must five mins before the meet just so I can pick U out and not sit next to Tommy tiernan and wonder is this miss sexy legs

"Just had this yesterday with a cpl they mailed me and after one or two mails asked for a face pic now I ain't shy but I asked if they have one to which the reply was if U want to meet us U have send a pic I hate being cornered but I said I'll send it and see if they return the little trust built up. U guessed it right I wasn't for them but no face pic came from them so from now on if U want a face pic shoot urs over first, as I always meet for coffee in a public place first face pics are a must five mins before the meet just so I can pick U out and not sit next to Tommy tiernan and wonder is this miss sexy legs"

"Just had this yesterday with a cpl they mailed me and after one or two mails asked for a face pic now I ain't shy but I asked if they have one to which the reply was if U want to meet us U have send a pic I hate being cornered but I said I'll send it and see if they return the little trust built up. U guessed it right I wasn't for them but no face pic came from them so from now on if U want a face pic shoot urs over first, as I always meet for coffee in a public place first face pics are a must five mins before the meet just so I can pick U out and not sit next to Tommy tiernan and wonder is this miss sexy legs"

Tommy tiernan has sexy legs

limerick

"Just had this yesterday with a cpl they mailed me and after one or two mails asked for a face pic now I ain't shy but I asked if they have one to which the reply was if U want to meet us U have send a pic I hate being cornered but I said I'll send it and see if they return the little trust built up. U guessed it right I wasn't for them but no face pic came from them so from now on if U want a face pic shoot urs over first, as I always meet for coffee in a public place first face pics are a must five mins before the meet just so I can pick U out and not sit next to Tommy tiernan and wonder is this miss sexy legs

Tommy tiernan has sexy legs "

I am not sure but there is a lady here that may enlighten us

Face pic's don't always tell the truth, I had one experience of this which went wrong, i turned up but the guy who i was meeting was not the guy in the pic's and was too short or if it was same guy he shrank and aged about 15yrs,

"Face pic's don't always tell the truth, I had one experience of this which went wrong, i turned up but the guy who i was meeting was not the guy in the pic's and was too short or if it was same guy he shrank and aged about 15yrs,"

he was telling a few fibs funtina. dick

"Face pic's don't always tell the truth, I had one experience of this which went wrong, i turned up but the guy who i was meeting was not the guy in the pic's and was too short or if it was same guy he shrank and aged about 15yrs,

he was telling a few fibs funtina. dick"

he certainly was which is why I became more selective, not really fair on other single guys but i have to stay safe.

around

But surely if your in contact with them up to five mins before meet why doesn't one if ye get there first and say where your at??? I've never had a problem picking out whom I'm meant to meet or I'll pick a specific spot to meet at.

By *b061Man  over a year ago

South

Agree that many, like me, don't want to show face pics in public on here, but I've always shared privately with meets and regular contacts, as I would expect others to do.

"Face pic's don't always tell the truth, I had one experience of this which went wrong, i turned up but the guy who i was meeting was not the guy in the pic's and was too short or if it was same guy he shrank and aged about 15yrs,

he certainly was which is why I became more selective, not really fair on other single guys but i have to stay safe. "

being safe is more important than being fair to all single guys

By *ecretly seductiveWoman  over a year ago

Palookaville

"i don't send or ask for face pics,its easy to send a pic that may not reflect the true person, im happy to travel for a coffee meet and sure if there's chemistry well anything can happen!!!!"

I agree. .. After all its only coffee if theres no chemistry at least you had a coffee with a like minded person and I only meet for coffee after chatting for a while and if I feel confident that I wouldn't know that person in any real life capacity. I've never had any problem with anyone not knowing who I am when they get there to look for me. I do have a face pic and occasionally send it if the person had sent one first but I prefer to use their pics on their profile and go by personality when chatting.

Ps...if someone "demanded"a pic. ..I wouldn't be meeting them. ..I don't ans to demands

he certainly was which is why I became more selective, not really fair on other single guys but i have to stay safe.

being safe is more important than being fair to all single guys"

Thank you because some guy's don't except that when chatting and can get rude which is why my block button is getting tired ha ha

I dont know as i said im not shy in showing my face pic i just think its more respectful too ladys to send a clear face pic first in mails rarther than sending out a cock pic at first message.

Palookaville

"I dont know as i said im not shy in showing my face pic i just think its more respectful too ladys to send a clear face pic first in mails rarther than sending out a cock pic at first message."

"I dont know as i said im not shy in showing my face pic i just think its more respectful too ladys to send a clear face pic first in mails rarther than sending out a cock pic at first message."

Now now you know to make a good first impression it's ten cock pics all taken from different angles and the sky control as a measuring aid. Lol

By *ertwoCouple  over a year ago

omagh

We have had face and body pics sent to us which when we meet the person the pics def wernt theres.not on.

Others have sent face pics after we have told them we dont send face pics and then they tryed to pessure us to send ours. not on.

We have family to think about thats why we dont send face pics to anyone.

We find a chat on mob is better.

Anyway when you meet if you dont like walk away.

"We have had face and body pics sent to us which when we meet the person the pics def wernt theres.not on.

Others have sent face pics after we have told them we dont send face pics and then they tryed to pessure us to send ours. not on.

We have family to think about thats why we dont send face pics to anyone.

We find a chat on mob is better.

Anyway when you meet if you dont like walk away. "

Or run like the bolt

what if you meet them and you know them outside of fab though?

So? Aren't they in the same position?

And generally I find a lot of personal details are let slip for me to figure out if I would know them. "

fair enough, different strokes for different folks I guess, the beauty of fab, don't think I'll be changing my way of doing things but good to see different opinions on it.

I can't get over the amount of men that send face pics with a first message.

I won't send face pics here but it says that on my profile. If I get chatting to someone and we get on and I think we will meet, I'll send pics via other means possibly

around

"I can't get over the amount of men that send face pics with a first message.

"

I find the same thing. What I don't like about that is you may not be interested for other reasons but some assume its because you dont like the look of them.

[Removed by poster at 24/08/14 13:01:47]

I find the same thing. What I don't like about that is you may not be interested for other reasons but some assume its because you dont like the look of them.

"

Or the "I've sent you one so it's only fair you send one back"

.........nope!

That only applies if we've arranged to swap pictures or I've asked for one!

"

i get ignored loads off times on here but it doesnt cost me a thought im not insecure about my looks sometimes it mite the distance which puts people off which is fair enough not going too loose sleep over it i just say next and move on to the next one.

limerick

"Just had this yesterday with a cpl they mailed me and after one or two mails asked for a face pic now I ain't shy but I asked if they have one to which the reply was if U want to meet us U have send a pic I hate being cornered but I said I'll send it and see if they return the little trust built up. U guessed it right I wasn't for them but no face pic came from them so from now on if U want a face pic shoot urs over first, as I always meet for coffee in a public place first face pics are a must five mins before the meet just so I can pick U out and not sit next to Tommy tiernan and wonder is this miss sexy legs

But surely if your in contact with them up to five mins before meet why doesn't one if ye get there first and say where your at??? I've never had a problem picking out whom I'm meant to meet or I'll pick a specific spot to meet at."

Yes TRUE and I have also done this actually hightened the build up

"No it ain't shallow to want to see a facepic before meeting. But against that,some people might not want to send a facepic due to risk of it causing problems if it were to go to a wrong person.

It's a case of different strokes for different ....

I won't send a facepic - am happy to meet someone for a coffee and chat - and if it ends there - so be it.

It certainly cuts down on available meets - but - hell - this is only a bit of fun. Wouldn't want it to affect real life."

How about a cam in the Chat room ?

I have seen people have their personal info posted all over the chat room.

Even had a guy want to meet up and fight me.

Some deranged people on here.

I think its down to the lady. I think a guy should always supply a face pic, and if the lady supplies one and a meet is gonna happen he should hand over his real info.

What happens when a guy is found to be sleeping around? nothing.. What happens when a woman wit a child is? well she can be black mailed and all sorts.

I have never asked for a face pic, never will. I really appreciate when I get them and it shows the girl is interested but its not something I look for.

I'm a guy, I can look after myself. I can turn up for a meet anywhere and comfortably walk out if I dont like whats going on. My reputation wont take as big a hit if someone I know sees me.

"I have seen people have their personal info posted all over the chat room.

Even had a guy want to meet up and fight me.

Some deranged people on here.

I think its down to the lady. I think a guy should always supply a face pic, and if the lady supplies one and a meet is gonna happen he should hand over his real info.

What happens when a guy is found to be sleeping around? nothing.. What happens when a woman wit a child is? well she can be black mailed and all sorts.

I have never asked for a face pic, never will. I really appreciate when I get them and it shows the girl is interested but its not something I look for.

I'm a guy, I can look after myself. I can turn up for a meet anywhere and comfortably walk out if I dont like whats going on. My reputation wont take as big a hit if someone I know sees me."

well ye obviously wanna see someone before meet. if wont show somethin dodgy

around

"well ye obviously wanna see someone before meet. if wont show somethin dodgy"

How is it dodgy?? Pic sending wasn't always an option. This lifestyle was around long before the internet and mobile phones...

I had same problem with a couple few weeks ago,they asked for a face pic so I said I d want a face pic in return,they said of course,I sent face pic they never did and then promptly blocked me.

Palookaville

I had same problem with a couple few weeks ago,they asked for a face pic so I said I d want a face pic in return,they said of course,I sent face pic they never did and then promptly blocked me."

that's just rude! ! Shame on them!

» Add a new message to this topic