FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Reporting

Reporting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I want to report a pitbull in a housing estate with no muzzle, who do I report it to? The guards?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The local dog warden and the cops.

Dog warden garda don't or can't do anything about it....

Maybe you should report the owners! The dog is not at falt for what it mite have become tho a very dangerous dog they can also be a very loving dog.

"Dog warden garda don't or can't do anything about it...."

That's what I thought

"Maybe you should report the owners! The dog is not at falt for what it mite have become tho a very dangerous dog they can also be a very loving dog."

Well it's the dog I want muzzled I don't really care if they can be loving. The law says they have to be muzzled.

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

Out of curiosity why do you need to report the dog?

"Maybe you should report the owners! The dog is not at falt for what it mite have become tho a very dangerous dog they can also be a very loving dog.

Well it's the dog I want muzzled I don't really care if they can be loving. The law says they have to be muzzled. "

in all fairness i dont think the dog will be able to muzzle himself

It's in my OP

"Maybe you should report the owners! The dog is not at falt for what it mite have become tho a very dangerous dog they can also be a very loving dog.

Well it's the dog I want muzzled I don't really care if they can be loving. The law says they have to be muzzled.

in all fairness i dont think the dog will be able to muzzle himself "

Do ya think

around

[Removed by poster at 02/08/14 22:17:44]

around

Didn't know it was law for them to be muzzled. If a law is being broke then the guards can do ssomething.

I have owned 1 in the past he was 1 off the best dogs & friends iv ever had but at the same time i never trusted him around my kids so i understand totally where ur coming from. But mine never gave me any hassle because we gave him lots off love. Just saying the owner mite mite have alot to answer for

Ring the local dog warden. It's illegal for a dog to be out in public without a lead. He will pick him up. If you feel he's dangerous report him to the keystone cops.

"I have owned 1 in the past he was 1 off the best dogs & friends iv ever had but at the same time i never trusted him around my kids so i understand totally where ur coming from. But mine never gave me any hassle because we gave him lots off love. Just saying the owner mite mite have alot to answer for "

I understand but I can't know how this dog is being treated. For all I know he's been used in dog fights. I just want him muzzled outside.

By *urferniMan  over a year ago

Antrim

Is it possible that it's a staffordshire and not a pitbull? they often get mixed up

go over and say it too the owners first before ringing the dog warden!

"Is it possible that it's a staffordshire and not a pitbull? they often get mixed up"

I'm going to ask the owner first what breed of dog it is before I do anything in case I'm mistaken

around

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/animal_welfare_and_control/control_of_dogs.html

I wouldnt say he is a fighting dog as they are worth big money to the owner and wouldnt be let run lose. Id say its more that ur just afraid off these kina animals? Go to the owner and tell them ur fears & if you get nowhere then report

"I wouldnt say he is a fighting dog as they are worth big money to the owner and wouldnt be let run lose. Id say its more that ur just afraid off these kina animals? Go to the owner and tell them ur fears & if you get nowhere then report"

I haven't seen him run around off the lead but it's still required that the dog wear a muzzle. Not afraid of them just a lot of young kids around

young kids shouldnt be out at 10 30 pm on a saturday night... were are the parents!

"young kids shouldnt be out at 10 30 pm on a saturday night... were are the parents! "

Antrim

"I wouldnt say he is a fighting dog as they are worth big money to the owner and wouldnt be let run lose. Id say its more that ur just afraid off these kina animals? Go to the owner and tell them ur fears & if you get nowhere then report

I haven't seen him run around off the lead but it's still required that the dog wear a muzzle. Not afraid of them just a lot of young kids around "

You're right to be concerned, but it's a delicate situation. If it is a "dangerous dog" and the owners are breaking the law, by approaching them you are identifying yourself as the person raising the objection. If they take offense, you could not only have a dog problem, but a nasty neighbour problem!

What about taking a discreet photo of the dog and showing it to the local warden? That way they can identify the breed and decide what action (if any) needs to be taken. If they assure you that there is no danger, you can relax knowing that you have done your civic duty and also preserved relationships with neighbours

"young kids shouldnt be out at 10 30 pm on a saturday night... were are the parents! "

Did I say it had just happened?!

"I wouldnt say he is a fighting dog as they are worth big money to the owner and wouldnt be let run lose. Id say its more that ur just afraid off these kina animals? Go to the owner and tell them ur fears & if you get nowhere then report

I haven't seen him run around off the lead but it's still required that the dog wear a muzzle. Not afraid of them just a lot of young kids around

You're right to be concerned, but it's a delicate situation. If it is a "dangerous dog" and the owners are breaking the law, by approaching them you are identifying yourself as the person raising the objection. If they take offense, you could not only have a dog problem, but a nasty neighbour problem!

What about taking a discreet photo of the dog and showing it to the local warden? That way they can identify the breed and decide what action (if any) needs to be taken. If they assure you that there is no danger, you can relax knowing that you have done your civic duty and also preserved relationships with neighbours "

Ya that's good advice. I would never approach the owner with the intention of telling him to obey the law!! Was just gonna fake curiosity and ask the breed

I haven't seen him run around off the lead but it's still required that the dog wear a muzzle. Not afraid of them just a lot of young kids around "

yes you say there is plenty of young kids around ^^^^^^ and i asked @ 10 30 on a saturday night!

I haven't seen him run around off the lead but it's still required that the dog wear a muzzle. Not afraid of them just a lot of young kids around yes you say there is plenty of young kids around ^^^^^^ and i asked @ 10 30 on a saturday night!"

I also didn't say there are plenty of kids around right now

yup unfortunately i had this problem too! went to the guards and they told me they cant do a thig about it!! lets say even if the dog killed lambs and the owner reported it , then u have to go threu the courts to get that dog put down! ridiculous!!

"yup unfortunately i had this problem too! went to the guards and they told me they cant do a thig about it!! lets say even if the dog killed lambs and the owner reported it , then u have to go threu the courts to get that dog put down! ridiculous!! "

I think in that situation the owner of the lambs can shot them if they are on his property. Not 100% sure though.

"yup unfortunately i had this problem too! went to the guards and they told me they cant do a thig about it!! lets say even if the dog killed lambs and the owner reported it , then u have to go threu the courts to get that dog put down! ridiculous!!

I think in that situation the owner of the lambs can shot them if they are on his property. Not 100% sure though."

yeah they can if they lucky to be there and catch em!! unf ortunately a mate of mine lost 5 lambs th is way and cud do nowt!

By *0shadesofashWoman  over a year ago

DUBLIN

Why not just say it to the owners instead of reporting them

[Removed by poster at 03/08/14 01:05:22]

Antrim

"http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/animal_welfare_and_control/control_of_dogs.html

"

This link of Kim's states the following:-

Rules relating to certain breeds of dog

The Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 impose additional rules in relation to the following breeds (and strains/cross-breeds) of dog:

American pit bull terrier

English bull terrier

Staffordshire bull terrier

Bull mastiff

Dobermann pinscher

German shepherd (Alsatian)

Rhodesian ridgeback

Rottweiler

Japanese akita

Japanese tosa

Bandog

The rules state that:

These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be kept on a short strong lead by a person over 16 years who is capable of controlling them

These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be muzzled whenever they are in a public place

These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must wear a collar bearing the name and address of their owner at all times.

"http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/animal_welfare_and_control/control_of_dogs.html

The Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 impose additional rules in relation to the following breeds (and strains/cross-breeds) of dog:

English bull terrier

Bull mastiff

Dobermann pinscher

Rhodesian ridgeback

Rottweiler

Japanese akita

Japanese tosa

Bandog

The rules state that:

These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be kept on a short strong lead by a person over 16 years who is capable of controlling them

These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must be muzzled whenever they are in a public place

These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must wear a collar bearing the name and address of their owner at all times."

I was just looking for this. Couldn't find it. A lot of beaches in Cork and Kerry have this sign up now with pictures of the dogs too.

English bull terrier

Bull mastiff

Dobermann pinscher

Rhodesian ridgeback

Rottweiler

Japanese akita

Japanese tosa

Bandog

The rules state that:

These dogs (or strains and crosses of them) must wear a collar bearing the name and address of their owner at all times."

Ya I've seen that at the vet's surgery, that's how I knew about certain breeds being required to wear a muzzle

Cheers

English bull terrier

Bull mastiff

Dobermann pinscher

Rhodesian ridgeback

Rottweiler

Japanese akita

Japanese tosa

Bandog

The rules state that:

This info is 100% correct

They missed Pugs off that list. Vicious little beggars.

» Add a new message to this topic