FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > This question is for coloured people :)

This question is for coloured people :)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i have a very good friend who is originally from Nigeria

he wears the most vibrant coloured of orange suit regularly and is an all round general "cool as ice guy"

he looks really good in his ginger suit as i call it but..... if a white guy wore the same suit he would look like he was on his way to blow up balloons and cause mayhem at a kids party it just doesnt look "cool"

my question is this...... from a coloured person's perspective is there anything like that in your opinion where you might think ok that may suit or be better ? (cant think of the word)for a white person more than a black person ???

peace and love x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

A white hood

Jokin folks

And I think the term coloured ppl isnt used anymore

Even by ppl who tell KKK jokes

"A white hood

Jokin folks

Even by ppl who tell KKK jokes"

yea but u know how sum ppl like to pick apart what u trying to say..... just keeping myself covered

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

cork

Thread carefully with this one folks

kildare

"Thread carefully with this one folks "

Not at all.its a comedy goldmine here

Where is everyone

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Of course skin colour would make ppl wear different colours. But same goes for personality. Some ppl get away with wearing eccentric clothes and it suits them. Just wear whatever is you! No matter what skin colour!! Clothes are a way of expressing yourself!!!!

Is coloured the correct term???

kildare

"Is coloured the correct term??? "

Yea.if u livin in the 70s

"Is coloured the correct term???

Yea.if u livin in the 70s "

I'm just curious not trying to stir or anything, I just thought it was classed as rasicm, I know used it myself until I was told thid

coloured?? jesus h

kildare

I'm just curious not trying to stir or anything, I just thought it was classed as rasicm, I know used it myself until I was told thid"

Ye it gone out with the indians

Which is also a term not used anymore

I'm just curious not trying to stir or anything, I just thought it was classed as rasicm, I know used it myself until I was told thid"

no malace or racism intended what so ever

I'm just curious not trying to stir or anything, I just thought it was classed as rasicm, I know used it myself until I was told thidno malace or racism intended what so ever"

Oh I know you didn't!! Just wanted to know for myself

kildare

If u look down at the profile pics of this thread u see coloured

White, pink, hals glowing bronzed tone

We all coloured

If you make what you're wearing look good it doesn't matter what color your skin is.

kildare

"If you make what you're wearing look good it doesn't matter what color your skin is."

Oh it does.black ppl can pull off stuff that wud make white ppl look ridiculous

Ooops I read wrong sorry my bad

"If you make what you're wearing look good it doesn't matter what color your skin is.

Oh it does.black ppl can pull off stuff that wud make white ppl look ridiculous"

EXACTLY !

The crazy hat lady of Bangor's ensemble would look daft on anybody but her

"If you make what you're wearing look good it doesn't matter what color your skin is.

Oh it does.black ppl can pull off stuff that wud make white ppl look ridiculous"

Is that not cos they have the balls to carry it off, cos that's really what it comes down to

"The crazy hat lady of Bangor's ensemble would look daft on anybody but her"

Is she not dead?

kildare

"The crazy hat lady of Bangor's ensemble would look daft on anybody but her"

But is she black.

kildare

Is that not cos they have the balls to carry it off, cos that's really what it comes down to"

Think its cos black just goes with everything

Colour wise

Not saying black dudes wud shag anything

kildare

Is that not cos they have the balls to carry it off, cos that's really what it comes down to

Think its cos black just goes with everything

Colour wise

Not saying black dudes wud shag anything"

black people can equally look shite in clothes as white people, and conversely white people can look as good in clothes as black people.

i think it all comes down to attitude when youre in the clothes, afterall they do say clothes maketh the man.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

...like big black cocks. Black men can pull them off.

kildare

"black people can equally look shite in clothes as white people, and conversely white people can look as good in clothes as black people.

i think it all comes down to attitude when youre in the clothes, afterall they do say clothes maketh the man."

I have fuckin bags of attitude

And I walk with a swagger

I still look ridiculous in a lime green zoot suit

"black people can equally look shite in clothes as white people, and conversely white people can look as good in clothes as black people.

i think it all comes down to attitude when youre in the clothes, afterall they do say clothes maketh the man.

I still look ridiculous in a lime green zoot suit"

i suppose i should have qualified that with having the right amount of attitude

kildare

I still look ridiculous in a lime green zoot suit

i suppose i should have qualified that with having the right amount of attitude"

Too much u think??

Wrong kind??

Mite b somethin in that

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

cork

"If you make what you're wearing look good it doesn't matter what color your skin is."

"The crazy hat lady of Bangor's ensemble would look daft on anybody but her

Is she not dead? "

Dunno tbh

"A white hood

Jokin folks

Even by ppl who tell KKK jokes"

I agree, I was very firmly corrected once by a black man when I called him coloured, he informed me that yes he was coloured black but I was coloured white.... I have never forgotten how angry he was

Seek a fashion advice and identify the appropriate colour of clothes that compliment your complexion. Thats the magic!

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

Can see what you are saying here, however there are many who can get away with one type of clothing / colours that others cant... Re different dress size, body shapes , hair and skin colour ( i'm very fair so am careful what colours i wear as some make me look totaly washed out) Nigerians are known for their bright colours. Their weddings and parties are amazing! Some men ( no matter what colour) have either got the swagga or not ... Simples!

Black&White Utopia

Ps... I mix with many black people ( my partner is Black ) majority i know ref to themselves as Black ... Think the coloured / darkie wording is way outta date nowadays... And yeap some would be offended

Black&White Utopia

"Seek a fashion advice and identify the appropriate colour of clothes that compliment your complexion. Thats the magic!"

"Ps... I mix with many black people ( my partner is Black ) majority i know ref to themselves as Black ... Think the coloured / darkie wording is way outta date nowadays... And yeap some would be offended "
sincere apologies to all concerned I only said it cuz I know some busy body would have said black was offensive lol cant win

Black&White Utopia

"Ps... I mix with many black people ( my partner is Black ) majority i know ref to themselves as Black ... Think the coloured / darkie wording is way outta date nowadays... And yeap some would be offended sincere apologies to all concerned I only said it cuz I know some busy body would have said black was offensive lol cant win "
no wahalla!

"Ps... I mix with many black people ( my partner is Black ) majority i know ref to themselves as Black ... Think the coloured / darkie wording is way outta date nowadays... And yeap some would be offended sincere apologies to all concerned I only said it cuz I know some busy body would have said black was offensive lol cant win "

maybe the mistake isnt which word you used to describe his colour but that you felt a need to do so.

try simply seeing a man instead of a coloured man.

Black&White Utopia

"Ps... I mix with many black people ( my partner is Black ) majority i know ref to themselves as Black ... Think the coloured / darkie wording is way outta date nowadays... And yeap some would be offended sincere apologies to all concerned I only said it cuz I know some busy body would have said black was offensive lol cant win

maybe the mistake isnt which word you used to describe his colour but that you felt a need to do so.

try simply seeing a man instead of a coloured man."

well the op was about his Nigerian friend who happens to be Black ... And wear bright colours ... Are alot of clothes, colours, styles and cloth / material worn in different cultures ... OP was simply expressing his observations re that.

"Ps... I mix with many black people ( my partner is Black ) majority i know ref to themselves as Black ... Think the coloured / darkie wording is way outta date nowadays... And yeap some would be offended sincere apologies to all concerned I only said it cuz I know some busy body would have said black was offensive lol cant win

try simply seeing a man instead of a coloured man. well the op was about his Nigerian friend who happens to be Black ... And wear bright colours ... Are alot of clothes, colours, styles and cloth / material worn in different cultures ... OP was simply expressing his observations re that. "

yeah i did see that, its more of a general observation, and not only in terms of colour but also gender, sexuality, creed etc

see the person not one differentiating feature or factor.

he's my best mate READ THE POST AND WIND UR NECK IN. Jeeeezzzzz sum people love a moan

Sorry for last post but jeeeezzzzz u all should know what I meant

try simply seeing a man instead of a coloured man. he's my best mate READ THE POST AND WIND UR NECK IN. Jeeeezzzzz sum people love a moan "

maybe you should wind your own neck in, if you dont like people expressing an opinion dont create contentious threads

try simply seeing a man instead of a coloured man. he's my best mate READ THE POST AND WIND UR NECK IN. Jeeeezzzzz sum people love a moan

maybe you should wind your own neck in, if you dont like people expressing an opinion dont create contentious threads"

I apologise 4 being rude

Black&White Utopia

"Sorry for last post but jeeeezzzzz u all should know what I meant "
well yes! I did ... Your black mate wears the suit ... And he got it going on big time!! Wayheyyyyy! Lol complements his skin colour and would look crazy on me! ( mrs pale!) lol

Black&White Utopia

Ps ... The colour as i doubt the suit wld fit! Me legs too short .... Hahaha

"Sorry for last post but jeeeezzzzz u all should know what I meant well yes! I did ... Your black mate wears the suit ... And he got it going on big time!! Wayheyyyyy! Lol complements his skin colour and would look crazy on me! ( mrs pale!) lol "

try simply seeing a man instead of a coloured man. he's my best mate READ THE POST AND WIND UR NECK IN. Jeeeezzzzz sum people love a moan

maybe you should wind your own neck in, if you dont like people expressing an opinion dont create contentious threads I apologise 4 being rude "

no apology neccessary, i sensed more frustration than rudeness.

would have sent you a pm but your filters wont allow me to.

big hugs my celtic cousin

maybe you should wind your own neck in, if you dont like people expressing an opinion dont create contentious threads I apologise 4 being rude

no apology neccessary, i sensed more frustration than rudeness.

would have sent you a pm but your filters wont allow me to.

big hugs my celtic cousin "

kildare

You cant describe a person now??

The op is talking about a black man looking good in clothes, him being black is relevant to ops point

The op is talking about a black man looking good in clothes, him being black is relevant to ops point"

i disagree with you in terms of description the fact that the man apparently has confidence and a bit of charisma are enough to explain why he can carry off the suit that was described.

I know a stereotypical ginger haired pale skinned lad from the Scottish islands who also wears clothes like this and can carry them off, his skin colour has no impact.

kildare

The op is talking about a black man looking good in clothes, him being black is relevant to ops point

i disagree with you in terms of description the fact that the man apparently has confidence and a bit of charisma are enough to explain why he can carry off the suit that was described.

I know a stereotypical ginger haired pale skinned lad from the Scottish islands who also wears clothes like this and can carry them off, his skin colour has no impact."

U might disagree with ops point that black men look better in clothes than white guys and say its carisma and confidence but hes not racist for making it.its an opinion.

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

I know a stereotypical ginger haired pale skinned lad from the Scottish islands who also wears clothes like this and can carry them off, his skin colour has no impact.

U might disagree with ops point that black men look better in clothes than white guys and say its carisma and confidence but hes not racist for making it.its an opinion.

"

Wasnt it you that focused on the term 'coloured' in relation to skin in the first place???

"

try reading my posts again friend, no mention of racism.

kildare

Wasnt it you that focused on the term 'coloured' in relation to skin in the first place??? "

Bino is taking exception to op suggesting that black ppl look better in clothes.not the term coloured.

That was dealt with earlier in thread

kildare

try reading my posts again friend, no mention of racism."

racism wrong phrase.

Well watever u took offence at.no need imo

around

[Removed by poster at 24/03/14 14:32:57]

By *0JOMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Boxes boxes boxes.

I cannot wear certain colours as I am to pale and they just look hideous so it really does depend on skin tone whether that be olive, dark, fair etc etc etc

In my opinion bright colour clothes suit black ppl more than white

around

Wasnt it you that focused on the term 'coloured' in relation to skin in the first place???

Bino is taking exception to op suggesting that black ppl look better in clothes.not the term coloured.

That was dealt with earlier in thread"

Well excuse for pointing out your contradiction!!!!

racism wrong phrase.

Well watever u took offence at.no need imo"

i think your a little confused, im not offended by anything in this thread, its simply a discussion as far as im concerned.

From what the op has said about his friend, it seems to me that the main reason he can carry off the suit described in the first place is confidence not the colour of his skin. This is something that can be seen among people across a range of cultures, nationalities, races, genders and so on.

around

racism wrong phrase.

Well watever u took offence at.no need imo

i think your a little confused, im not offended by anything in this thread, its simply a discussion as far as im concerned.

From what the op has said about his friend, it seems to me that the main reason he can carry off the suit described in the first place is confidence not the colour of his skin. This is something that can be seen among people across a range of cultures, nationalities, races, genders and so on."

that's how I read your comments.

This thread always had the potential to dissolve into a row

Give us a quick synopsis cause it looks boring from the outside looking in with all the reply&quotes.

Can't be arsed really

"Can't be arsed really "

Says it all

Black&White Utopia

"This thread always had the potential to dissolve into a row "
just like most threads on these forums!! Lol

"Give us a quick synopsis cause it looks boring from the outside looking in with all the reply&quotes."

Op has a friend who is sartorially flambuoyant and wondering is it to do with his skin tone ... Multiple posts discussing the PC way to describe said tone

around

"Give us a quick synopsis cause it looks boring from the outside looking in with all the reply&quotes.

Op has a friend who is sartorially flambuoyant and wondering is it to do with his skin tone ... Multiple posts discussing the PC way to describe said tone

"

Why answer!!!

» Add a new message to this topic