FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > major problem any tips or advice

major problem any tips or advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok peeps i have bin renting my house as u know for the last 7 months my landord will now fix a pebble in th house yes i have explained to him and told him about issues in the house aslo the windows wont open and theres no ventiltion system in the shower wich is is in our bathroom iv told him i was advised to not to pay rent till problems are fixed now today he said to me i want u out today can anybody tell me if hes able to do that legally

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lo1 slo2Couple  over a year ago

newry

I think he has to give you a minimum period of notice plus he can't legally make you homeless if you have no where to go. Contact your gardi station and tell them what's happening and they will phone him and tell him your rights.

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

Contact Threshold . It all depends on your contract.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ok peeps i have bin renting my house as u know for the last 7 months my landord will now fix a pebble in th house yes i have explained to him and told him about issues in the house aslo the windows wont open and theres no ventiltion system in the shower wich is is in our bathroom iv told him i was advised to not to pay rent till problems are fixed now today he said to me i want u out today can anybody tell me if hes able to do that legally "

what is written in your contract?how do you pay the rent? Are you in arrears ? How much of a deposit did you pay?

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

As above. Also is he prtb registered? Prtb almost predictive texted as perv lol

Citizens information could advise also.

Ok let me some it up for yas

rent 400pm

arrers @ 00 euro

we signed a contact last june for 12 months since then we had numbers of problems with the propert from minor to major the dampness in the room being the worst iv told him tons an tons of times to fix it or it needs fixing etc we had 3 storms here in tramore that ha caused huge damage iv also said it to him and sent him photo pics via the phone h also said he will fix it no such thing so im left again thinking what to do and now today get out like i dunno what to do i will be moving this weekend just so yas know but legally has he the right to do that

The property was PTRB res but he never put us down as tenants as i rang them and they said it was res but not in my name that was 2 weeks ago

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

U have lease and rights.keep payin rent tho and move or dont at your leisure.he cant throw u out

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

if your moveing anyway dont stress yourself.....but if you have a contract till june he may be able to keep your deposit....get yourself some legal advice a.s.a.p but put everything down on paper complaints dates e.t.c

Even wit a lease he can ask u to go but wit a months notice

Unreal this guy is even a good friend of mine thats on the site told me hes a p***k but i payed a deposit of 200 euro so not alot he can keep it im moving out 2moro the landlord still has not texted me back about him wanting me out tonight so fuk him lol

He has to issue with 28 days notice. He has to serve you either personally or under cover of registered post with a notice to quit. If you don't leave at that stage he'd have to issue circuit court proceedings against you and then if found in his favour the county sheriff would have to attend to put u out. If your tenancy isn't registered with the prtb report him when you leave. It will give him a nice fine. Irish law is favourable to the tenant NOT the landlord.

Make a complaint to the prtb, also contact revenue as you can claim a tax allowance to offset some of your rent, each time you rent to a new tenant a registered landlord has to update the PRTB at a cost of 140eu, he has not done this and is obviously breaking the law, and is in big trouble with both the PRTB and Revenue.

he cannot move you on without notice, usually the same notice you have to give him..normally 1 mth.

If he has refused to do any work list it all and give all details to the PRTB, I would give him a months notice and give tell him he's taking your deposit as your last months rent..

you actually have far more protection than the landlord has..

"Make a complaint to the prtb, also contact revenue as you can claim a tax allowance to offset some of your rent, each time you rent to a new tenant a registered landlord has to update the PRTB at a cost of 140eu, he has not done this and is obviously breaking the law, and is in big trouble with both the PRTB and Revenue.

he cannot move you on without notice, usually the same notice you have to give him..normally 1 mth.

If he has refused to do any work list it all and give all details to the PRTB, I would give him a months notice and give tell him he's taking your deposit as your last months rent..

"

This is exactly what i'd do.

Landlords are not allowed to take the law into their own hands. Remind him of this. Make a complaint with the PRTB board if necessary. But in case he's actually kicking you out call the guards, he's breaking the law.

around

What are you getting for 400pm. You wouldn't get a cardboard box in Galway for that??

Well if your up to date with rent with no arrears then there has to be some reason for evicting you. I've been a landlord for a number of years and it would turn your stomach some of the things I've had to deal with. And there is some people out that literally get everything for nothing and no the system inside out and tax payer pays for everything for them.

By *longshottMan  over a year ago

Limerick

"As above. Also is he prtb registered? Prtb almost predictive texted as perv lol

Citizens information could advise also. "

PRTB good move. They have really toughened up with landlords recently.

around

"As above. Also is he prtb registered? Prtb almost predictive texted as perv lol

PRTB good move. They have really toughened up with landlords recently."

I've a feeling we're not getting the full story...

We have done noting wrong at all all rent is up to date other than this week here are some issues the damp being the most serious then we have both the bathroom and kitchen windows will not open our back garden is destroyed after the storm theres no vents above the cooker and no vent system in the shower which is in the bedroom so like where does all this leave me after i asked him over and over again

kildare

I've a feeling we're not getting the full story... "

Really? That female intuition??

[Removed by poster at 12/03/14 22:35:46]

Old story u get what u pay for it reason why his not doing it up

"The property was PTRB res but he never put us down as tenants as i rang them and they said it was res but not in my name that was 2 weeks ago"

Well if you are refusing to pay the rent he can classify it as trespassing and have you removed. Its shit but yes if can do that. It takes a small bit of time but yea its shit. Best option is to move to somewhere where you are appreciated

around

Really? That female intuition??"

No. Educated guess. Always two sides to a story.......

"Old story u get what u pay for it reason why his not doing it up"

thats the average rental price here in tramore rent goes from 350 to 500 euro i have bin in other friends places who pay 350 and there landlord fixes there property if anything is broke or needs fixing our landlord will not do anything its not about what u pay for is what u get if i was paying 100 euro him as a landlord has a duty to keep his property to living standard!!

"Landlords are not allowed to take the law into their own hands. Remind him of this. Make a complaint with the PRTB board if necessary. But in case he's actually kicking you out call the guards, he's breaking the law. "

Would it not be solicitor rather than guards cos I know in the north this would be classed as a civil matter not a criminal matter

No. Educated guess. Always two sides to a story......."

not in this case i have proof i paid my rent weekly every thursday morning i done my bit plus i never caused any problems some one who lives next door too me is on this site that person can confirm iv never caused him any issues or anyone else around me theres no 2 sides the guy who i rent off is cleary an asshole i only asked to fix the problems he never acted on it which hes ment too this property is not saf fpr living in thats the bottom line

I have never put any tenants out who have there rent paid up. Even when people have been behind in rent I always work with them.

The last thing any land lord wants is to turnover tenants as this always costs minimum 2-3 months rent when cleaned advertised and minor repairs completed. I am surprised they throwing you out.

In a situation like yours it sounds more that you would want to move out.... If he won't make the repairs(if necessary) then you should be able to leave by giving 1 months notice and returned deposit once all outstanding bills paid and no damage done.

Again I don't know any landlord putting tenants out unless there is a problem. I don't know full details....

"I have never put any tenants out who have there rent paid up. Even when people have been behind in rent I always work with them.

The last thing any land lord wants is to turnover tenants as this always costs minimum 2-3 months rent when cleaned advertised and minor repairs completed. I am surprised they throwing you out.

In a situation like yours it sounds more that you would want to move out.... If he won't make the repairs(if necessary) then you should be able to leave by giving 1 months notice and returned deposit once all outstanding bills paid and no damage done.

Again I don't know any landlord putting tenants out unless there is a problem. I don't know full details...."

I have yo agree why did they not ask for deposit back if :landlord couldn't fix the problems

around

not in this case i have proof i paid my rent weekly every thursday morning i done my bit plus i never caused any problems some one who lives next door too me is on this site that person can confirm iv never caused him any issues or anyone else around me theres no 2 sides the guy who i rent off is cleary an asshole i only asked to fix the problems he never acted on it which hes ment too this property is not saf fpr living in thats the bottom line "

obviously your landlord doesn't view it that way so that's another side to the story....

Who adviced you not to pay your rent??

"I have never put any tenants out who have there rent paid up. Even when people have been behind in rent I always work with them.

Again I don't know any landlord putting tenants out unless there is a problem. I don't know full details...."

its not that we want too leave if u seen the way where living u would understand our bed is in the sitting room as its too damp in the bedroom as the shower is in there and theres no where for the steam to go as theres no vents also the back garden is destroyed after the storm with our back fencing on the floor we have 2 windows that wont open everytime i put a bulb in the batroom light it blows every light in the house also we have a rotten sliding door that will not open whats so ever if a car goes past it shakes i think that sums up why we want too leave to be fair

not in this case i have proof i paid my rent weekly every thursday morning i done my bit plus i never caused any problems some one who lives next door too me is on this site that person can confirm iv never caused him any issues or anyone else around me theres no 2 sides the guy who i rent off is cleary an asshole i only asked to fix the problems he never acted on it which hes ment too this property is not saf fpr living in thats the bottom line obviously your landlord doesn't view it that way so that's another side to the story....

Who adviced you not to pay your rent??"

well shame on him lots of friends plus people living around me they all said he dont care about anyone and steals peoples deposits

That's what I'm thinking. You will never get a new tenant straight away, it's a serious cost renewing tenants. Cash is king, all landlords know this

around

not in this case i have proof i paid my rent weekly every thursday morning i done my bit plus i never caused any problems some one who lives next door too me is on this site that person can confirm iv never caused him any issues or anyone else around me theres no 2 sides the guy who i rent off is cleary an asshole i only asked to fix the problems he never acted on it which hes ment too this property is not saf fpr living in thats the bottom line obviously your landlord doesn't view it that way so that's another side to the story....

well shame on him lots of friends plus people living around me they all said he dont care about anyone and steals peoples deposits "

So where were these friends with their advice when you decided to move in??

well shame on him lots of friends plus people living around me they all said he dont care about anyone and steals peoples deposits

So where were these friends with their advice when you decided to move in??"

well they where like me and thought the property was in a good fairly standard living con so im guesiing thats where they where on the exact same place i was and for the people around e sure i never new them before i moved in ur hardly gonna go up to someone and tell them not to move in infront of his/her landlord now

around

Well actually I would.

How come he's not been reported for it before?

"He has to issue with 28 days notice. He has to serve you either personally or under cover of registered post with a notice to quit. If you don't leave at that stage he'd have to issue circuit court proceedings against you and then if found in his favour the county sheriff would have to attend to put u out. If your tenancy isn't registered with the prtb report him when you leave. It will give him a nice fine. Irish law is favourable to the tenant NOT the landlord. "

This is all correct.

I have 2 rented properties and I can't get tenants out of one I'm trying 3 mths.

"Make a complaint to the prtb, also contact revenue as you can claim a tax allowance to offset some of your rent, each time you rent to a new tenant a registered landlord has to update the PRTB at a cost of 140eu, he has not done this and is obviously breaking the law, and is in big trouble with both the PRTB and Revenue.

This is exactly what i'd do."

" Well actually I would.

How come he's not been reported for it before?"

well alot of people would not but he was reported before but i never heard of the outcome of that

around

" Well actually I would.

well alot of people would not but he was reported before but i never heard of the outcome of that "

Did he issue you with a tenancy agreement and provide rent receipts?

Hi again, I have lots of experience in this and if the place is in such bad state then you should move out.

my advice would be to communicate this properly to the land lord and give him fair timeline to fix issues. In the mean time look at other local options for similar price (400 is very cheap!)

If you have already done this and to no avail you should give him 1 months notice and get new place. If he has track record of not returning deposit if all is left as should discuss this with him - at this stage he might not have deposit to return and maybe agree 2 weeks more in rent and 2 weeks are owed deposit - Remember you need reference for next place.

" Well actually I would.

well alot of people would not but he was reported before but i never heard of the outcome of that

Did he issue you with a tenancy agreement and provide rent receipts? "

yes tenacy agreement of 12 months and why would he show me rent receipts iv never heard of any landlord doing that to new tenants an im rent since i was 16

around

" Well actually I would.

Did he issue you with a tenancy agreement and provide rent receipts?

yes tenacy agreement of 12 months and why would he show me rent receipts iv never heard of any landlord doing that to new tenants an im rent since i was 16 "

Do you pay in cash or through bank?

kildare

"Hi again, I have lots of experience in this and if the place is in such bad state then you should move out.

my advice would be to communicate this properly to the land lord and give him fair timeline to fix issues. In the mean time look at other local options for similar price (400 is very cheap!)

If you have already done this and to no avail you should give him 1 months notice and get new place. If he has track record of not returning deposit if all is left as should discuss this with him - at this stage he might not have deposit to return and maybe agree 2 weeks more in rent and 2 weeks are owed deposit - Remember you need reference for next place. "

Is this wat slum landlords do? Glad I hav my own place feel sorry fir u curvycpl dealing with someone like this

"Hi again, I have lots of experience in this and if the place is in such bad state then you should move out.

If you have already done this and to no avail you should give him 1 months notice and get new place. If he has track record of not returning deposit if all is left as should discuss this with him - at this stage he might not have deposit to return and maybe agree 2 weeks more in rent and 2 weeks are owed deposit - Remember you need reference for next place. "

where moving saturday i gave him 7 days to make an effort of fixing the house he has refused as for deposit well he can keep it its clear he needs more than i do as i said its the average rental price in tramore and surrounding areas theres places i have bin in here in tramore that the rent is 350 and the landlord fixes what ever is wrong or gone wrong are landlord wont do anything theres massive differance there

True the bank @kim

I've a couple of spare rooms!!

around

"True the bank @kim"

Thats your receipt. Your proof of payment.

Word of advice dont do business with family or friends. Don't do anything to compromise your side of the agreement I.e not paying rent.

Do not let situations get out of control always seek advice at the start of problem. Threshold and citizens advice are able to advice you with tenancy agreement problems. Don't compare to friend's.

All landlords are different as some are exceptional, some just do whats required and others well you know.

"True the bank @kim

Word of advice dont do business with family or friends. Don't do anything to compromise your side of the agreement I.e not paying rent.

Do not let situations get out of control always seek advice at the start of problem. Threshold and citizens advice are able to advice you with tenancy agreement problems. Don't compare to friend's.

All landlords are different as some are exceptional, some just do whats required and others well you know.

"

i know its my proof im not listening to my friends its up too me if i wanted to hold the rent till he fixes the house i understand i am breaking my agreement of weekly rent payments but he is also bflreaking his side oglf the agreement so where do i stand in all of that he gets his rent while i get a broken property thats not very fair

around

"True the bank @kim

i know its my proof im not listening to my friends its up too me if i wanted to hold the rent till he fixes the house i understand i am breaking my agreement of weekly rent payments but he is also bflreaking his side oglf the agreement so where do i stand in all of that he gets his rent while i get a broken property thats not very fair "

I know but two wrongs don't make a right. (Omg I'm sounding like my mother lol) And you dont want to compromise your rights.

Thank you to all those for the kind advice and tips where happy to say we are moving and its sorted happy days cheers everybody xxxx

» Add a new message to this topic