FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Fab friend

Fab friend

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So noticing a few posts of late that a few ladies had bad experiences with meets ( let to believe one spent time in hospital ).

So I think having a fab member ( fab friend ) should be aware of any new meets and be able to be in contact with there fab friend during the meet..

For example.. A quick phone call 10 mins into the meet to ensure that there feeling comfortable ect.. Maybe provide a reason for there exit..

I know everyone isn't known to be on here so it would be great to have a fab friend to know where they are ect..

Thoughts??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i totally agree....i have one of those friends

By *ine_fillyWoman  over a year ago

Kildare

"So noticing a few posts of late that a few ladies had bad experiences with meets ( let to believe one spent time in hospital ).

So I think having a fab member ( fab friend ) should be aware of any new meets and be able to be in contact with there fab friend during the meet..

For example.. A quick phone call 10 mins into the meet to ensure that there feeling comfortable ect.. Maybe provide a reason for there exit..

I know everyone isn't known to be on here so it would be great to have a fab friend to know where they are ect..

Thoughts?? "

Great idea. I do this for a few friends. It works real well.

Everyone should have one.

Great idea. I do this for a few friends. It works real well.

Everyone should have one.

This is a great idea..

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

Definitely everyone should have one and personal safety should be paramount. Unfortunately some people think they're invincible and have the 'sure it won't happen to me' attitude. Keep safe.

I got one if them it's like a must x

Can I just say, this shouldn't be just about the ladies

I have heard of men meeting women to only have been conned and beaten up and robbed

Guys need to also think of their safety

By *edhead56Couple  over a year ago

Outside Belfast

good idea more so for singles

I tell my hubby everything when I have a meet and he normally texts me about 15 minutes in to see how it is going. I feel safer this way. I think is a great idea to set up a safe network on here so someone will always know when and when and with whom you are meeting.

Great Thread we joked a while back about being a member of the Grouphug Brigade and we'd all watch for each other... but having some sort of network having maybe 2/3 people on standby if things went pear shaped etc....

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"Can I just say, this shouldn't be just about the ladies

I have heard of men meeting women to only have been conned and beaten up and robbed

Guys need to also think of their safety"

Well said that nipple

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Personal opinion; if you're actually in serious danger though, it probably doesn't matter how many people you have lined up to call, as you're most likely not going to get a chance to use a phone. The "phone a friend " option only works if you get stuck with someone you don't like, as opposed to someone who wants to hurt you. Maybe I'm wrong though?

"Personal opinion; if you're actually in serious danger though, it probably doesn't matter how many people you have lined up to call, as you're most likely not going to get a chance to use a phone. The "phone a friend " option only works if you get stuck with someone you don't like, as opposed to someone who wants to hurt you. Maybe I'm wrong though? "

Kinda, if something was to go wrong though at least someone else would know where to start rallying the forces

"Personal opinion; if you're actually in serious danger though, it probably doesn't matter how many people you have lined up to call, as you're most likely not going to get a chance to use a phone. The "phone a friend " option only works if you get stuck with someone you don't like, as opposed to someone who wants to hurt you. Maybe I'm wrong though? "

The Friend would ring you and if you let's say didn't answer the second time then alarm bells... Other Side to argument is you could be "busy" when phone is ringing but ..Safety Is Paramount

Lucan

"Personal opinion; if you're actually in serious danger though, it probably doesn't matter how many people you have lined up to call, as you're most likely not going to get a chance to use a phone. The "phone a friend " option only works if you get stuck with someone you don't like, as opposed to someone who wants to hurt you. Maybe I'm wrong though?

Kinda, if something was to go wrong though at least someone else would know where to start rallying the forces"

Yes, you're right in that at least someone knows where to start looking, but that might be scant consolation if some guy has already beaten the lard out of you.

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

It's the friends bit your concerned about Mick....just phone an imaginary one , no one will think less of you buddy

Lucan

"Personal opinion; if you're actually in serious danger though, it probably doesn't matter how many people you have lined up to call, as you're most likely not going to get a chance to use a phone. The "phone a friend " option only works if you get stuck with someone you don't like, as opposed to someone who wants to hurt you. Maybe I'm wrong though?

The Friend would ring you and if you let's say didn't answer the second time then alarm bells... Other Side to argument is you could be "busy" when phone is ringing but ..Safety Is Paramount"

Yes, in theory the friend calling you would work, but in reality I'm not so sure.

Lucan

It's the friends bit your concerned about Mick....just phone an imaginary one , no one will think less of you buddy "

"I tell my hubby everything when I have a meet and he normally texts me about 15 minutes in to see how it is going. I feel safer this way. I think is a great idea to set up a safe network on here so someone will always know when and when and with whom you are meeting."
thats awesome.im so jealous...

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

As soon as u meet ur meet send pic of car reg to ur fab friend.and maje sure guy sees u do it

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"As soon as u meet ur meet send pic of car reg to ur fab friend.and maje sure guy sees u do it"

That's the sort of things I am thinking about, you need to ensure that they also know your safe..

In reality though if God forbid anything was to happen it would be 999 I would be calling not my friend. As long as it connects, police will be at your location soon after especially if you don't answer on ring back. ( Having experienced this whilst babysitting and the wee tyke had got her hands on my phone)

i read small bits bout women being attacked lately etc.....but that's it really.....what's been happening????????

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

Everyone safety is vital !!!! Goes for men and women!!!! Ringing a fab friend who might not be in your location might not be the right answer but gives a little reassurance. .

I think like sofia said I would be dialing 999.

Meeting socially first is the best answer.

But then even after s social meet are u still safe. I actually know that is still not the answer. .its very hard

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

i have a safety plan worked out with my husband.....and we never change that plan regardless how many times i have met someone

By *ohnsmithMan  over a year ago

South Tipperary

"So noticing a few posts of late that a few ladies had bad experiences with meets ( let to believe one spent time in hospital ).

Thoughts?? "

» Add a new message to this topic