FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Social Experiment

Social Experiment

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So after last weeks debate about single guys and mailing on here, I read sexxy_sluts thread about their social experiment. I also read a comment saying that in order for an experiment like this to work well, it has be done secretly.

So that's what I did.

Only a select few knew what I was up to. I lifted my filters for a week and waited.

I have always had filters set for my mail on here so I’ve never experienced the “hundreds of mails a day” that the single female apparently gets on here. I’m not saying that that doesn’t happen, but it wasn’t the case this week.

I’ve based my information here on first mails only, excluded all mails from friends etc

Over the week I got in total 174 mails.

This breaks down to the following

Men - 153 (87.9%)

Women - 7 (4%)

Couples - 12 (6.8%)

TVS/CDS - 2 (1.1%)

The contents ranged day to day. The main ones that stood out were - wanted to use a guy as a sex slave, phone sex, meet today, meet tonight, drink tonight, being called the wrong name in order to get me to enter into conversation, on holidays in Ireland, give me a good seeing to, how you finding the site, sexy pics, kik, meet next week, anal, rimming, wanted to lick cum off my bum, lick cum off my tits, asked if I knew a specific person from my town, sissy play, aware outside my age range but try anyway, fancy a chat.

Nothing overly offensive though.

Of course there were the mails that I laughed at the sheer cheekiness of them, especially the meet today etc but there were none that I was severely offended by. Over the week I blocked two guys due to mails because when I entered into conversation with them they got pushy and unbearable.

I tried to reply to the majority of mails, mainly a ‘thanks but no thanks’ responses‘. The majority didn’t reply, they either read and deleted my response. Those that did reply just thanked me for the reply and thanked me for my honesty. Three men and one woman (questionable) tried to get me to change my mind and keep mailing them.

Another note of point would be that I have, and have for a while, had one of them words in my profile for people to put into mails to see if they have read my profile.

Only 13 out of the 174 did (12 men, 1 couple)

So 92.5% of people mailing me didn’t read my profile fully.

Out of all the mail I got only 14.9% were “meet me today” mails.

2.2% asked for specific sex acts.

0% were highly offensive (in my opinion anyway)

The only major idiot I came across was two mails, two different profiles - both messages exactly the same word for word. I replied and told him I knew he had two profiles. I also reported both profiles. He read the messages and did not respond. That’s one guy , two profiles, two mails. It’s only 1.1% of the mails I got overall.

So while I agree that yes it’s hard being a single female on the site, in my experience this week , with no filters and an open mind, it hasn’t been as bad as I thought it would be. Guys over all have been yeah a little gross with some of their opening messages but not as vulgar as I thought they would be.

I’ll still be setting my filters back as soon as this has been posted but I can’t say I’ve had a terrible week. I’ve actually started mailing one or two guys from lifting my filters that normally wouldn’t have gotten through my filters so there have been silver linings!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wow that's a bigger surprise than sexy sluts result. Good for you for doing it. Hope you have some luck with your silver lining

Much how I see things too

Brilliant post Lizzy, and very interesting results. Thanks so much for doing this!

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

cork

"So after last weeks debate about single guys and mailing on here, I read sexxy_sluts thread about their social experiment. I also read a comment saying that in order for an experiment like this to work well, it has be done secretly.

So that's what I did.

Only a select few knew what I was up to. I lifted my filters for a week and waited.

I have always had filters set for my mail on here so I’ve never experienced the “hundreds of mails a day” that the single female apparently gets on here. I’m not saying that that doesn’t happen, but it wasn’t the case this week.

I’ve based my information here on first mails only, excluded all mails from friends etc

Men - 153 (87.9%)

Women - 7 (4%)

Couples - 12 (6.8%)

TVS/CDS - 2 (1.1%)

The contents ranged day to day. The main ones that stood out were - wanted to use a guy as a sex slave, phone sex, meet today, meet tonight, drink tonight, being called the wrong name in order to get me to enter into conversation, on holidays in Ireland, give me a good seeing to, how you finding the site, sexy pics, kik, meet next week, anal, rimming, wanted to lick cum off my bum, lick cum off my tits, asked if I knew a specific person from my town, sissy play, aware outside my age range but try anyway, fancy a chat.

Of course there were the mails that I laughed at the sheer cheekiness of them, especially the meet today etc but there were none that I was severely offended by. Over the week I blocked two guys due to mails because when I entered into conversation with them they got pushy and unbearable.

I tried to reply to the majority of mails, mainly a ‘thanks but no thanks’ responses‘. The majority didn’t reply, they either read and deleted my response. Those that did reply just thanked me for the reply and thanked me for my honesty. Three men and one woman (questionable) tried to get me to change my mind and keep mailing them.

Another note of point would be that I have, and have for a while, had one of them words in my profile for people to put into mails to see if they have read my profile.

The only major idiot I came across was two mails, two different profiles - both messages exactly the same word for word. I replied and told him I knew he had two profiles. I also reported both profiles. He read the messages and did not respond. That’s one guy , two profiles, two mails. It’s only 1.1% of the mails I got overall.

So while I agree that yes it’s hard being a single female on the site, in my experience this week , with no filters and an open mind, it hasn’t been as bad as I thought it would be. Guys over all have been yeah a little gross with some of their opening messages but not as vulgar as I thought they would be.

I’ll still be setting my filters back as soon as this has been posted but I can’t say I’ve had a terrible week. I’ve actually started mailing one or two guys from lifting my filters that normally wouldn’t have gotten through my filters so there have been silver linings!

"

Anybody that you replyed to during yr experiment will now be able to mail you even if you put yr filters back up ..

Interesting results in fairness

that pretty much mirrors my experience most of the time on here.

In my on and off 3 years on here I'd say less than 1% of guys became abusive when I politely said no.

By *lo1 slo2Couple  over a year ago

newry

very interesting and well presented

nice diz. x

By *ongbow71Man  over a year ago

Bangor, Norn Iron

After you've seen the octopus, nothing else could ever be classed as offensive.

(in joke, don't ask)

"After you've seen the octopus, nothing else could ever be classed as offensive.

(in joke, don't ask)"

By *azsinsMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Thanks Dizzy

Great job,

So Fab is no different from real life!

I wonder is it that nasty messages of any sort will always stand out more than of the nice, polite replies as people tend to remember bad things better than good things? Is that a reason for the misconceptions surrounding single males?

Excellent Excellent Post

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Well done dizzy great piece of research

now to get back to the silver linings

"I wonder is it that nasty messages of any sort will always stand out more than of the nice, polite replies as people tend to remember bad things better than good things? Is that a reason for the misconceptions surrounding single males?"

I think you're right. As I said previously I hardly ever get nasty messages. But one weekend I got quite a few and made me more and more frustrated. In the end I probably even provoked some of the not so nice messages, because I was quite aggrevated and probably more defensive at that stage.

"I wonder is it that nasty messages of any sort will always stand out more than of the nice, polite replies as people tend to remember bad things better than good things? Is that a reason for the misconceptions surrounding single males?"

i would agree.the nasty mails do stand out of course.i got one this morn but i also got some lovely ones that more than make up for the assholes.

174 mails in total for a week??

Nice one and well done.

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

we could never comment being a cpl we had no experince of the single female fabber but really glad to see the single guys we have met and been in contact with on fab are the rule and not the execption.......very well done and great forum thread

"174 mails in total for a week?? "

yep. way lower than i expected

By *onstructionladMan  over a year ago

Tipperary/limerick

"we could never comment being a cpl we had no experince of the single female fabber but really glad to see the single guys we have met and been in contact with on fab are the rule and not the execption.......very well done and great forum thread"

By *ortidanMan  over a year ago

Moira

"I wonder is it that nasty messages of any sort will always stand out more than of the nice, polite replies as people tend to remember bad things better than good things? Is that a reason for the misconceptions surrounding single males?

i would agree.the nasty mails do stand out of course.i got one this morn but i also got some lovely ones that more than make up for the assholes."

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

"So after last weeks debate about single guys and mailing on here, I read sexxy_sluts thread about their social experiment. I also read a comment saying that in order for an experiment like this to work well, it has be done secretly.

So that's what I did.

Men - 153 (87.9%)

Women - 7 (4%)

Couples - 12 (6.8%)

TVS/CDS - 2 (1.1%)

"

This has also been my experience here. I've inly had a tiny amount of annoying/nasty mails from guys. I've almost always found that once you reply politely you get a polite answer.

Thanks for doing this to highlight that this place is not as negative as people make it out to be.

"

This has also been my experience here. I've inly had a tiny amount of annoying/nasty mails from guys. I've almost always found that once you reply politely you get a polite answer.

Thanks for doing this to highlight that this place is not as negative as people make it out to be.

"

Same here. In four years I think Ive had one flat out abusive message

The "im in your area" " fancy meeting tonight" types tend not to bother me,just delete and move along

By *adylaceWoman  over a year ago

Waterford City

"

Same here. In four years I think Ive had one flat out abusive message

The "im in your area" " fancy meeting tonight" types tend not to bother me,just delete and move along"

» Add a new message to this topic