FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > A week long social experiment

A week long social experiment

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Partly prompted by the "women are free whores" thread, and partly for other reasons, I'm going to conduct a week long social experiment.

Our profile states we are not looking for single guys.

We have single guys filtered out.

So, we really dont have much of an idea of how couples/females are treated by single guys who message them. To get an idea, I am going to do the following:

From midnight tonight, I will be removing all filters from our profile for one week. Everyone, new, male, female unverified, whatever will be able to message us.

Now, other that that our profile will remain unchanged (we dont want messages from unverified profiles, or ones with no pictures, or single guys) The purpose of this will be to see how much of our profile is ignored. If it is, our reply will simply be "please read our profile"

If they continue to message us then we'll politely remind them that they're not what we're looking for.

If they persist we'll send a final polite message that they're disrespecting our wishes and risk being blocked.

Of course, any profiles that read this post and arent what we're looking for and still message us, are really thick, and deserve any abuse we give them.

Anyone on or friends list is exempt from this experiment of course.

I will update this thread daily giving the amount of messages we get, and at the end of the week i'll give my results on the general attitude of the messages.

I'm predicting it to not be as bad as some would make out.

DISCLAIMER: we have a few meets put up in the meets section for the coming weekend, single males are not what we're looking for, so it will be interesting to see how many it draws.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

only one flaw ... I know myself id love to get chatting and see if we could organise a meet but knowing the fact it will never happen makes a mail pointless doesnt it ??

"only one flaw ... I know myself id love to get chatting and see if we could organise a meet but knowing the fact it will never happen makes a mail pointless doesnt it ??"

the fact you're posting on the forum means you're on our radar, it's how we vet single males for when the time comes that we want to meet them. Frankly, if we think you're sound on the forum then it works in your favour. (meeting some of the guys we've chatted to on the forum at the meet and greet last night has proved this)

The fact you're in derry goes against you however, sorry!

Yes! Time to get my msg on then!

Kidding, of course!

YOur social experiment is a waste of time becos you state that you arent looking for single guys no 1.

No 2 - try the social experiment with "looking for single guys" and then give me the results.

No 3 - to say that single guys arent as bad as "some"(i assume u mean me" would think! I clearly stated that this is MY experience of the site and there are quite a few ladies whom agree with me!

"Partly prompted by the "women are free whores" thread, and partly for other reasons, I'm going to conduct a week long social experiment.

So, we really dont have much of an idea of how couples/females are treated by single guys who message them. To get an idea, I am going to do the following:

From midnight tonight, I will be removing all filters from our profile for one week. Everyone, new, male, female unverified, whatever will be able to message us.

Now, other that that our profile will remain unchanged (we dont want messages from unverified profiles, or ones with no pictures, or single guys) The purpose of this will be to see how much of our profile is ignored. If it is, our reply will simply be "please read our profile"

If they continue to message us then we'll politely remind them that they're not what we're looking for.

If they persist we'll send a final polite message that they're disrespecting our wishes and risk being blocked.

Of course, any profiles that read this post and arent what we're looking for and still message us, are really thick, and deserve any abuse we give them.

I will update this thread daily giving the amount of messages we get, and at the end of the week i'll give my results on the general attitude of the messages.

DISCLAIMER: we have a few meets put up in the meets section for the coming weekend, single males are not what we're looking for, so it will be interesting to see how many it draws."

i think the results may be tainted by this tread maybe!

"only one flaw ... I know myself id love to get chatting and see if we could organise a meet but knowing the fact it will never happen makes a mail pointless doesnt it ??

the fact you're posting on the forum means you're on our radar, it's how we vet single males for when the time comes that we want to meet them. Frankly, if we think you're sound on the forum then it works in your favour. (meeting some of the guys we've chatted to on the forum at the meet and greet last night has proved this)

The fact you're in derry goes against you however, sorry! "

damn !! it started irff so well lol well I loom forward tonthe results lol

"The purpose of this will be to see how much of our profile is ignored. If it is, our reply will simply be "please read our profile"

If they persist we'll send a final polite message that they're disrespecting our wishes and risk being blocked."

What is the point of asking them to read your profile becos if they read your profile in the first instance they wouldnt mail u becos ur profile states not looking for single guys. And if you have to get to the third point about being persistant then it shows the lack of respect for peoples wishes which should actually be included in your so called results

"YOur social experiment is a waste of time becos you state that you arent looking for single guys no 1.

No 2 - try the social experiment with "looking for single guys" and then give me the results.

No 3 - to say that single guys arent as bad as "some"(i assume u mean me" would think! I clearly stated that this is MY experience of the site and there are quite a few ladies whom agree with me!"

1. You made a point in the other thread that you werent manbashing, and that it was about respect. We're filter out what we're not looking for so that we dont get messages from people who dont respect our wishes. Maybe I wasnt clear but we're opening our profile up to everyone (male/female/couple/no pictures/unverified) it's not about gender but an experiment to see who doesnt read our profile and/or who doesnt show us respect

2. we wont be doing that, see point 1.

3. yes and we're doint this to see if OUR experience will be the same or different yo YOURS.

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

"

. i think the results may be tainted by this tread maybe!"

Defeats the experiment if you let them know what your aim is. Also to point out being a couples profile lads are less likely to send abuse in case it's the male partner they are chatting to...

"YOur social experiment is a waste of time becos you state that you arent looking for single guys no 1.

No 3 - to say that single guys arent as bad as "some"(i assume u mean me" would think! I clearly stated that this is MY experience of the site and there are quite a few ladies whom agree with me!

1. You made a point in the other thread that you werent manbashing, and that it was about respect. We're filter out what we're not looking for so that we dont get messages from people who dont respect our wishes. Maybe I wasnt clear but we're opening our profile up to everyone (male/female/couple/no pictures/unverified) it's not about gender but an experiment to see who doesnt read our profile and/or who doesnt show us respect

3. yes and we're doint this to see if OUR experience will be the same or different yo YOURS."

im gonna send u a "wanna fuck now" mail just to mess up the tally lol

"

What is the point of asking them to read your profile becos if they read your profile in the first instance they wouldnt mail u becos ur profile states not looking for single guys. And if you have to get to the third point about being persistant then it shows the lack of respect for peoples wishes which should actually be included in your so called results"

Who said I wouldnt include that in the results?

The point is to see if the people that message us are the same pushy, sleazy wankers that seem to be messaging you.

3. yes and we're doint this to see if OUR experience will be the same or different yo YOURS.

im gonna send u a "wanna fuck now" mail just to mess up the tally lol"

.will we just leave it that everyone gets abuse and that the site is full of assholes abd full of good people keep everyone happy lol

ON point 3 - pointless becos u arent a single fem, not the same. If they read ur profile and still mail u wanting to meet or chat or what ever then they have disrespected ur wishes!

we need dtg over here for a grouphug lol

Ill go one better.....just putting it out...any ladies wana fuck ....???

Grouphug

Sexi-Slut

You folks are now my friends

Hug

"Ill go one better.....just putting it out...any ladies wana fuck ....??? "

Go on Jack my son.

3. yes and we're doint this to see if OUR experience will be the same or different yo YOURS."

Not only do ppl on this site not read profiles they also don't bother to read what is written on a post in a thread so i doubt your results will be tainted too much. This can also be said of females as well as males so on a whole we are dealing with ppl with tunnel vision, unfortunately this does not stop on this site, in life generally ppl fail to take in the information they are given

"

. i think the results may be tainted by this tread maybe!

Defeats the experiment if you let them know what your aim is. Also to point out being a couples profile lads are less likely to send abuse in case it's the male partner they are chatting to... "

and some people are just plain annoying and argumentative....

"ON point 3 - pointless becos u arent a single fem, not the same. If they read ur profile and still mail u wanting to meet or chat or what ever then they have disrespected ur wishes!"

Irrelevant. As i explained, we have them filtered out so we dont know how many would WANT to disrespect our wishes. I am lifting the filters and treating them the same as those who mail you saying "wanna fuck?"

It's an effort to prove your point actually.

What in the name of jeasus did ya call him for lol.....

Feckin worst super power ever.....behold the power to shape my arms around u in a circle..... Bask in my superness lol

around

If you really want to do experiment I suggest open a single female account with the exact profile as red and see what the outcome is....hmmmm

That is the op's entire point...jesus people just bother trying to understand. its a damn experiment which i think is totally going to work....wait til you see all the wanna fuck mails flood in..!!!

go for it

"That is the op's entire point...jesus people just bother trying to understand. its a damn experiment which i think is totally going to work....wait til you see all the wanna fuck mails flood in..!!! "

I actually hope so, I really want to prove Red's point.

"If you really want to do experiment I suggest open a single female account with the exact profile as red and see what the outcome is....hmmmm"

"That is the op's entire point...jesus people just bother trying to understand. its a damn experiment which i think is totally going to work....wait til you see all the wanna fuck mails flood in..!!!

I actually hope so, I really want to prove Red's point."

and you will....believe me. most dont read the forums so they wont see this..!! keep us posted

"If you really want to do experiment I suggest open a single female account with the exact profile as red and see what the outcome is....hmmmm"

Well as I'm not a fem, and ms slut isnt single, that would be a fake profile. If a single fem would like to conduct a similar experiment fire ahead.

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"Partly prompted by the "women are free whores" thread, and partly for other reasons, I'm going to conduct a week long social experiment.

DISCLAIMER: we have a few meets put up in the meets section for the coming weekend, single males are not what we're looking for, so it will be interesting to see how many it draws."

Listen , do you wanna fuck or what love

By *longshottMan  over a year ago

Limerick

The old red target on elephants bum syndrome...

Had this same discussion with a girl on AFF about 9yrs ago and she suggested I set up a fake single female profile just to see... which I did (Nympho69 ), some pics of the mrs off our couples profile. I must say I was stunned and couldn't keep up with the emails "sometimes it's hard to be a woman doop de doop de doo" lol

By *azsinsMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Thanks to slut for trying the experiment but it fails to be a very scientific experiment unless it follows the above criteria.

Only then will you be aware of the interaction a single female can experience in Fab.

It would also be necessary not tell everyone the profile name or that the experiment is taking place.

I believe someone tried this several years ago on another site and has already posted the conclusion to their findings.

Keep swinging

Jaz xx

never seen the point mailing ppl who states no single guys waste of time really if its not what they want

"If you really want to do experiment I suggest open a single female account with the exact profile as red and see what the outcome is....hmmmm

Thanks to slut for trying the experiment but it fails to be a very scientific experiment unless it follows the above criteria.

"

Never claimed it would be scientific! I'm just working under the assumption that the same sleazy knuckledraggers that mail women using "wanna fuck?" will be the ones that dont read forums or porfiles, or at best ignore them.

Sure anyway, the lovely single ladies here have told us what it's like. They're not making anything up!

well if its any help we opened our profile to receive single guys messages last week(about 8 days)as we are thinking of trying a mfm and heres what w've gleaned.

Views from single guys... approx 2/300 per day

Polite messages received... 20/25 per day (98% declined with a polite thanks for the interest but....)

Abusive reply's received... none.

this is not a comment on anyone elses experience btw just what we have got in.

i was on here for a short time as a cpl b4 a gud while bak!i still got the odd silly message but not half as much as i get as a single girl!but now i just delete and block!most guys i get chatting to i find are really nice,i know its a sex site and we are all luking for no strings fun but still id need to get to know a guy a bit b4 i have sex with him!,i want to meet him first get chatting and see if theres an attraction!it doesnt mean i want a realationship with the guy cos i dont!but sum men dont understand this!they think as its only sex we shud meet up and have sex and thts it!i know sum women like it tht way but i dont,several times i have explained this to guys and they tell me i shud be on a dating site,and ive seen it in a cpl of statuses to

@paddyandemily

How do those numbers compare to when you had guys blocked? We get about one message a year lol, sure the last one was from you guys.

on a busy day 8/10 when chatting to people we know, from people we hav'nt chatted to before about 4/5 a week.

"on a busy day 8/10 when chatting to people we know, from people we hav'nt chatted to before about 4/5 a week."

do you find many more though when you are involved in the forum? we do, tis mad

DISCLAIMER: we have a few meets put up in the meets section for the coming weekend, single males are not what we're looking for, so it will be interesting to see how many it draws. i think the results may be tainted by this tread maybe!"

I concur. This thread will have an effect on results. Although, you'll still recieve plenty. I'm sure of that.

"

do you find many more though when you are involved in the forum? we do, tis mad "

while I enjoy reading the forums I find it awkward getting involved but on the occasions that I do it does increase.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"on a busy day 8/10 when chatting to people we know, from people we hav'nt chatted to before about 4/5 a week.

do you find many more though when you are involved in the forum? we do, tis mad "

this is the same for guys i get a lot of views if i am posting and zilch if i am not on for awhile its also a way of getting chatting with others i often get a mail about something i have posted

"on a busy day 8/10 when chatting to people we know, from people we hav'nt chatted to before about 4/5 a week.

told yA

People do not seem to read profiles. As I am organising the Secret Social I took down my filters and altered my age limits to allow people to mail me about the SS. I put on the title of my text on my profile not meeting anyone new and also put it on my status. I had thirty mails asking for meets all with new guys. For the love of God read people's profiles lads

This an interesting thread!!!! Of course I cannot message you as I am outside your age range, which is a pity as I consider my self an interesting lady and worth chatting to! My outlook and attitude to life do not reflect my age!!!!!

By *wilighteyesWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I think too much thought is been invested in this , its a swing site,not rocket science, it is what it is,, you will get nice ppl mailing you will get nasty ppl ,you will get nut cases, at the end of the day, thats the very nature of the internet, and the world we move in, suck it up, deal with it or move on

DISCLAIMER: we have a few meets put up in the meets section for the coming weekend, single males are not what we're looking for, so it will be interesting to see how many it draws.

This an interesting thread!!!! Of course I cannot message you as I am outside your age range, which is a pity as I consider my self an interesting lady and worth chatting to! My outlook and attitude to life do not reflect my age!!!!!"

Oh yes I forgot to respond to the thread I do get messages from those I have filtered out, almost every day .......

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

"I think too much thought is been invested in this , its a swing site,not rocket science, it is what it is,, you will get nice ppl mailing you will get nasty ppl ,you will get nut cases, at the end of the day, thats the very nature of the internet, and the world we move in, suck it up, deal with it or move on"

By *azsinsMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"If you really want to do experiment I suggest open a single female account with the exact profile as red and see what the outcome is....hmmmm

Never claimed it would be scientific! I'm just working under the assumption that the same sleazy knuckledraggers that mail women using "wanna fuck?" will be the ones that dont read forums or porfiles, or at best ignore them."

Im afraid, without being scientific your experiment is pointless and provide the results you already expect and reinforce your current argument; but good luck with it

Keep swinging xx

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

Totally agree.. That's the only way you'll get an idea of the actual mails.. Numbers and types the ladies get on here.

Tbh, my experience of this site has been 99% positive.

Totally agree.. That's the only way you'll get an idea of the actual mails.. Numbers and types the ladies get on here.

Tbh, my experience of this site has been 99% positive. "

Because you don't whine you just get on with it

Like some men get on with rejection here.

Works both ways.. its all about how you LET IT GET TO YOU

GroupSnuggle

Couldn't agree more Ginger, I have very few filters on and the majority of mail is positive. It's only on very rare occasions that I would get anything crass in my mailbox and thankfully very rarely any abusive ones. I wouldn't loose any sleep if I did. That's what the block button is for

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Can't comment as a single lady ...but if I was and was getting nasty mails the answer for me would be simple ...block all single guys and when you wanted a meet go and find one that meets your criteria....it's not rocket science

By *ean0001Man  over a year ago

Dublin West

I have watched this topic with interest, as i also have been known to conduct an experiment or two, but I usually do it first and tell people about it after its done as it gets a better set of results.

I read every profile and when i came back here i emailed 20 couples and 20 singles to see what the reaction would be. Every one i made sure that i met what they where looking for ane every email was different and tailored to the person i was sending it too. As always i was polite and respectfull.

The Results.

1 Couple emailed me back and 5 of the single femails emailed me back. Some didnt ever read the email and i have them parked in my sent folder to see if they ever will.

You need sometimes skin like a rhino in here and the ability not to take things to heart or get too serious or this place will do your head in. Is it any worse than the other sites i am a member off, well probably no.

The forums do need more moderation in here as there are a core of people that like to hijack threads or belittle some of the forum posters but like every site there is good and bad points.

I am a member of a number of sites and i am and have moderated on some of them going back towards 15 years now, so i have some experience of how these things work.

The site will be what you want it to be if you let it be. Single guys will always get moaned about but there are some nice guys out there and the cream will usually rise to the top. You will always get wasters, messers, and rude people and that goes for Guys, Girls and couples. Its like a snapshot of life, it just depends who is in the focus when the shutter is pressed.

There will be pro and cons no matter if you are male or female but thats what makes us different and what makes life interesting. There are many people here that i would like to meet but i know that i will never meet most for a number of reasons. No expectations so no disapointment.

But every now and then i meet someone and i turn out to be better than they expected or exceed their expectations and that makes me smile. You never get a real feel for someone unless you can spend some time face to face with them in their company, and a few minutes in their company is better than a hundred emails or texts.

Life is short, live it as best you can and treat people like you would like them to treat you.

Sean

great post Sean

around

"

I read every profile and when i came back here i emailed 20 couples and 20 singles to see what the reaction would be. Every one i made sure that i met what they where looking for ane every email was different and tailored to the person i was sending it too......:............

...........:.....................................:..............

The forums do need more moderation in here as there are a core of people that like to hijack threads or belittle some of the forum posters but like every site there is good and bad points.

"

Most of your points are spot on but how do you know for sure you were what the recipient was looking for? A lot of factors come into play ,esp individual taste, not just profile description.

Secondly at the risk of been 'punnished' I agree about the moderators. However there does not seem to be consistency with their decisions, be it removal of thread, banning etc. Seems to me there is one rule for one and one for others.

Dublin West

When i say i met their requirements i mean that they where looking for single males and i met the age requirements, and that i met their general interest requirements.

I didnt email anyone that was not looking for single males.

And of course i fully respect peoples choices and that i probably wont be what they are looking for, but if i dont ask i dont get, but i always ask respectfully. Some came back to me with a polite no thanks and that i wasnt their type which again i have no issue with.

around

[Removed by poster at 24/02/14 13:18:49]

around

"

When i say i met their requirements i mean that they where looking for single males and i met the age requirements, and that i met their general interest requirements.

I didnt email anyone that was not looking for single males.

And of course i fully respect peoples choices and that i probably wont be what they are looking for, but if i dont ask i dont get, but i always ask respectfully. Some came back to me with a polite no thanks and that i wasnt their type which again i have no issue with.

"

But you've no interests listed so how would recipient know yours?

Dublin West

I had at the time.

I had a full profile with pics and i attached face pics to to those that requested them and i also outlined my interests in the full and detailed email that i sent them.

I have pulled back my profile recently to what it is now for other reasons.

People dont have to reply if they dont want to. Thats not the point im trying to make. Some did and they are on my friends list now and some i have phone numbers for and am in regular contact with. Im just making the point that from 40 emails over 30 didnt reply or even read the email in the first place.

But thats life...

around

"I had at the time.

I had a full profile with pics and i attached face pics to to those that requested them and i also outlined my interests in the full and detailed email that i sent them.

I have pulled back my profile recently to what it is now for other reasons.

People dont have to reply if they dont want to. Thats not the point im trying to make. Some did and they are on my friends list now and some i have phone numbers for and am in regular contact with. Im just making the point that from 40 emails over 30 didnt reply or even read the email in the first place.

But thats life..."

I wasn't wondering about what point your trying to make. I was curious as to your selection thinking process from a male perspective.

Great to see the responses tho this thread. Yes, my experiment will probably be a failure because i announced it, but it's also sparked a debate. Also as someone already said, it's how you let the site get to you that matters...and it seems the majority of you dont let the sleazebags get to you.

So maybe it goes to show: If the one constant in all the problems you're having is you, then maybe the problem IS you?

Also: no sleazy emails received yet, but plenty of ones of support. Thanks all.

like someone said earlier try being a single fem!

around

"like someone said earlier try being a single fem!"

Red, Will you clarify something for me re: ...women are whores.. thread.

Were you saying the first message you receive was abusive or was it when you said not interested as like in comment re: pic request thread?

Kim - it varies to be honest. A lot of first messages can vary from wana fuck to Im in your area want some fun stuff like that. And also the not interested gets abusive responses

around

"Kim - it varies to be honest. A lot of first messages can vary from wana fuck to Im in your area want some fun stuff like that. And also the not interested gets abusive responses"

So not all first messages? How many out of 10 would you say?

i would say 8 out of ten

"i would say 8 out of ten"

Really...that high...didn't think it was as much....Ladies, can I apologise for the insanity of others

around

"i would say 8 out of ten"

Do you have any filters on?

that would mean blockin every male on the site but yes im aware of the filtering facility

around

"that would mean blockin every male on the site but yes im aware of the filtering facility"

No I don't mean filtering all males. Eg age limit, newbies, pic only

yep ive filtered ou couples mm ff f newbies all except males

around

"yep ive filtered ou couples mm ff f newbies all except males"

Same here. But I also have an age filter. I noticed with previous profile that it was mostly a certain age group that sent me the 'do u wanna fuck' msgs.

around

Not saying all ages don't. I still get them but not as many....

my age is filtered out too 35 to 45 age group only!

"Not saying all ages don't. I still get them but not as many...."

Same. If I turn my age filters off the quality of mails takes a dive.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I do think being a single female unfortunately u do get the usual hey wanna fuck hey im im your area etc.

The only way people will understand is being a single female; I know couples that started off on single profiles and now have couples profiles and the mailing is less amounts and not so rude.

Do all my mails consists of hey wanna fuck nooo do I get one of them a day yes I do .

quality of mail! You could send a detailed well written opening mail to a woman whose criteria you meet but it doesn't guarentee a Reply

around

I was just going to comment 'nice civilised discussion between single females'....LOL.

"I have watched this topic with interest, as i also have been known to conduct an experiment or two, but I usually do it first and tell people about it after its done as it gets a better set of results.

I read every profile and when i came back here i emailed 20 couples and 20 singles to see what the reaction would be. Every one i made sure that i met what they where looking for ane every email was different and tailored to the person i was sending it too. As always i was polite and respectfull.

The Results.

1 Couple emailed me back and 5 of the single femails emailed me back. Some didnt ever read the email and i have them parked in my sent folder to see if they ever will.

You need sometimes skin like a rhino in here and the ability not to take things to heart or get too serious or this place will do your head in. Is it any worse than the other sites i am a member off, well probably no.

I am a member of a number of sites and i am and have moderated on some of them going back towards 15 years now, so i have some experience of how these things work.

The site will be what you want it to be if you let it be. Single guys will always get moaned about but there are some nice guys out there and the cream will usually rise to the top. You will always get wasters, messers, and rude people and that goes for Guys, Girls and couples. Its like a snapshot of life, it just depends who is in the focus when the shutter is pressed.

There will be pro and cons no matter if you are male or female but thats what makes us different and what makes life interesting. There are many people here that i would like to meet but i know that i will never meet most for a number of reasons. No expectations so no disapointment.

But every now and then i meet someone and i turn out to be better than they expected or exceed their expectations and that makes me smile. You never get a real feel for someone unless you can spend some time face to face with them in their company, and a few minutes in their company is better than a hundred emails or texts.

Life is short, live it as best you can and treat people like you would like them to treat you.

Sean "

fuckin hell ......fell asleep reading that.....could ya not have sumed that up or something...pheeeeeew lol

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Credit where credit is due jack the guy is imparting his experience and very well to i might add he also answered the questions possed in a constructive way there's words of wisdom in his post

By *cjoyCouple  over a year ago

Galway

After a while here reading the forums and listening to the stories about single guys we decided to take down our filters allowing single guys to be able to message us to find out for ourselves if this really was a major problem.

Since doing this We get quite a few emails from single men, I reply to them all politely explaining that we are not currently interested. And for the most part we get a follow up email saying thank you for the reply, and very often these men are shocked that we bothered to reply to them at all. There were a couple of persistent guys.... And we chose to simply block them- problem solved.

We must be very lucky that we have generally received mail from what seem like very normal, easy going, down to earth men. We have yet to receive any sort of abuse from single men that we turn down.

Perhaps we should all try a little harder not to tar everyone with the same brush.

Miss Mcjoy

"quality of mail! You could send a detailed well written opening mail to a woman whose criteria you meet but it doesn't guarentee a Reply "

You obviously aren't meeting their criteria if they aren't replying

I reply to all those that send a mail that piques my interest

"After a while here reading the forums and listening to the stories about single guys we decided to take down our filters allowing single guys to be able to message us to find out for ourselves if this really was a major problem.

Since doing this We get quite a few emails from single men, I reply to them all politely explaining that we are not currently interested. And for the most part we get a follow up email saying thank you for the reply, and very often these men are shocked that we bothered to reply to them at all. There were a couple of persistent guys.... And we chose to simply block them- problem solved.

We must be very lucky that we have generally received mail from what seem like very normal, easy going, down to earth men. We have yet to receive any sort of abuse from single men that we turn down.

Perhaps we should all try a little harder not to tar everyone with the same brush.

Miss Mcjoy"

Our experience has been the same.

We only put our filters back on as I felt bad about saying no all the time (and didn't have the time to reply to all and then felt bad about that!), and since feeling bad is bad.... well there you go. We know where they are when we want them though

By *omcattyMan  over a year ago

Local

so what's the experiment ?

"Credit where credit is due jack the guy is imparting his experience and very well to i might add he also answered the questions possed in a constructive way there's words of wisdom in his post "
i agree....fair play to him.....just a bit long .....that's all lol.... not ment to take anything from what he said ....

Day one: unsolicited mail from 2 single guys, we replied to both saying we weren't looking for guys, and the first has not signed back in yet to read it, and the second pretty much said "thats fine, there was no harm in trying"

By *LACK10INCHMan  over a year ago

Bedfont, Feltham

It seems that when it comes to bashing single guys, everybody jumps on to the bandwagon. However couples act just as badly when it comes to single females. I have a number of friends who are single females who are only looking for males but are constantly badgered by couples hoping to change their minds.

Why is this never mentioned, because its easier to bash a single guy.

By *damsamMan  over a year ago

South

Hey this is a really good experiment

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

"After a while here reading the forums and listening to the stories about single guys we decided to take down our filters allowing single guys to be able to message us to find out for ourselves if this really was a major problem.

Miss Mcjoy

Our experience has been the same.

We only put our filters back on as I felt bad about saying no all the time (and didn't have the time to reply to all and then felt bad about that!), and since feeling bad is bad.... well there you go. We know where they are when we want them though "

Same here put filters on but not because of nasty mails but felt bad refusing as single males are not primarily what we are looking for

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"yep ive filtered ou couples mm ff f newbies all except males"

ffs Red......

Day 2: 2 unsolicited mails from er...males, and a reply from the guy from day 1. One of the mails today was from a guy we met at the meet and greet last weekend, and we're arranging something soon. the others were fine with us declining them.

Still no major sleaziness or rudeness to report, and no need for the block button.

By *cjoyCouple  over a year ago

Galway

"Day 2: 2 unsolicited mails from er...males, and a reply from the guy from day 1. One of the mails today was from a guy we met at the meet and greet last weekend, and we're arranging something soon. the others were fine with us declining them.

Still no major sleaziness or rudeness to report, and no need for the block button."

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

"Day 2: 2 unsolicited mails from er...males, and a reply from the guy from day 1. One of the mails today was from a guy we met at the meet and greet last weekend, and we're arranging something soon. the others were fine with us declining them.

Still no major sleaziness or rudeness to report, and no need for the block button."

Interesting post..... I will be monitoring it

On a side issue I was also at the meet and greet last weekend, I think I saw ye but didn't chat as it happens, were ye standing by one of those 'high' tables on your own at one stage (so many people, so little time).

I've pics from the night (clothed, so no smut please lol) if ye want to know if ye spotted me by the way, although I think my outfit on the night made me easily spottable Just from your pics I think ye are the couple I'm thinking of.

(An intrigued) Wilder

Wilder go ahead and message us. Happy to chat.

Day 3. No mails from males. There are however an increased amount of males looking at our profile, and respecting our wishes. Maybe they read the forums.

Who'da thunk it?

It could be. I was in a pink corset and Mr.Slut was in black suit and red shirt.

So how's this experiment going now? Half way....any patterns emerging?

"So how's this experiment going now? Half way....any patterns emerging? "

Correction, 1 male messaged us today, ms slut dealt with that.

patterns? well more men are looking at our profile, but they must be reading it as they're not messaging. those that do are told we're not interested and seem happy enough with that. no sleaziness and no abuse and no need for the block button.

apart from that we're corresponding with friends, and people we met at the meet and greet last week.

It's rather refreshing to.find that out actually

So not that bad really. At least of the few that still couldn't read properly, there was no abuse

When this thread started we decided to do the same as you sexxyslut but we didnt say it on here.

Lots have looked at our profile but oddly enough we have received ZERO messages! Nothing at all!

Food for thought people

P.s, we have put the filter back now lol

so what's goin on....are people read the forums or the profile....or no sleezes ???

Well we had a mail making a remark on a post that I had made on the forum earlier. When Mr. Slut pointed out that it was a bit forward he apologised immediately and we knew the way in which it was intended. Guys are proving not to be half as bad as they can be painted here.

"Well we had a mail making a remark on a post that I had made on the forum earlier. When Mr. Slut pointed out that it was a bit forward he apologised immediately and we knew the way in which it was intended. Guys are proving not to be half as bad as they can be painted here."
and i wonder did many think that would be the result.....how long more left time wise?

"Well we had a mail making a remark on a post that I had made on the forum earlier. When Mr. Slut pointed out that it was a bit forward he apologised immediately and we knew the way in which it was intended. Guys are proving not to be half as bad as they can be painted here.and i wonder did many think that would be the result.....how long more left time wise?"

Theres just 3 more days left of it to see

Well we didnt get back to this as we had a busy weekend, but to sum up:

We weren't inundated with mails from single males.

What mails we did get weren't uber sleazy.

When we pointed out that we werent looking for single males, many apologised and thanked us for replying.

We didnt get any abuse.

We replied to every mail.

Take from that what you will. Consider this experiment over.

damn i wish i had looked at this thread sooner as I have had some doozy mails this week and that was with filters on! lol

around

"damn i wish i had looked at this thread sooner as I have had some doozy mails this week and that was with filters on! lol"

My favorite one is on my status...

"damn i wish i had looked at this thread sooner as I have had some doozy mails this week and that was with filters on! lol

My favorite one is on my status..."

Lovely line, definitely beats the three seater sofa I got called on some guys status cos I refused to let him wee on me

just read that there, jesus christ!

My town

"damn i wish i had looked at this thread sooner as I have had some doozy mails this week and that was with filters on! lol

My favorite one is on my status..."

ohhhhhhh my fucking god that is the most terrible disgusting thing anyone could mail report him........

around

My favorite one is on my status...ohhhhhhh my fucking god that is the most terrible disgusting thing anyone could mail report him........"

Oh I did...

My town

Personally I think it was interesting what sexy slut did!!!!! I think and my opinion couples profile are treated differently than a single profile.

The reason for that is obvious the terrible mails and the one kim has received theses key board twats don't know who is going to open the mail.om the couples profile so maybe they handle the mail with caution for fear that male half opens it and rips them apart.

TBH I don't get abusive mails thankfully. It may have something to do with my age I reckon

"Personally I think it was interesting what sexy slut did!!!!! I think and my opinion couples profile are treated differently than a single profile.

The reason for that is obvious the terrible mails and the one kim has received theses key board twats don't know who is going to open the mail.om the couples profile so maybe they handle the mail with caution for fear that male half opens it and rips them apart. "

Think that's a valid point you make Letmebe

"Personally I think it was interesting what sexy slut did!!!!! I think and my opinion couples profile are treated differently than a single profile.

The reason for that is obvious the terrible mails and the one kim has received theses key board twats don't know who is going to open the mail.om the couples profile so maybe they handle the mail with caution for fear that male half opens it and rips them apart.

Think that's a valid point you make Letmebe "

+1

around

The reason for that is obvious the terrible mails and the one kim has received theses key board twats don't know who is going to open the mail.om the couples profile so maybe they handle the mail with caution for fear that male half opens it and rips them apart. "

I agree. I also think location is a big factor .

For some reason I received a lot of nasty first pms on the one day.

By *ot_pants56Couple  over a year ago

Sligo

If you read before you jumped in, you would see you are not correct in your point, as she states she uses the forum for vetting single men for the occasion when she does meet them

By *ot_pants56Couple  over a year ago

Sligo

Classy in reading your profile you might find it hard to get a male as 99.999% of men will get up on the crack of dawn

To whom are you referring in your posts, hot pants?

"To whom are you referring in your posts, hot pants?"

Wondering the same thing??

My town

"To whom are you referring in your posts, hot pants?

Wondering the same thing?? "

me too

"Classy in reading your profile you might find it hard to get a male as 99.999% of men will get up on the crack of dawn"
nah I couldn't

One minute to go in your experiment

» Add a new message to this topic