FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Is it quiet for everyone else?

Is it quiet for everyone else?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We're planning a meet for this weekend before we take a break from it for christmas, and we've updated our status and created a meet/event.

Sadly the friends we would have liked to have played with are unavailable, and also any people we've messaged, but not one single cold mail has come through to us.

"Bullshit" you're saying...but it's cos we've filters on. we dont allow mails from single guys or unverified profiles.

So it seems that any verifed couples that are close by dont like the look of us.....so I'm gonna lift the veri filter and see what comes in.....gonna be a bit of fun over the next 24 hours playing spot the fake profile...

Is it as quiet for everyone else? It's our first swinging christmas, is it usually this quiet this time of year?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

it could just be the time of year with people getting sorted for christmas.

im sure it isnt that they dont like you at all.

just busy i think.

Hiya Tittiesprinkles

It's quiet because:

-You mentioned kink. Scares the willies out of your average swinger. Trust us, we've been here nearly ten years, swingers don't do kink and kinksters don't do swingy sex. Hard to get the balance right. We mentioned Shibari once and lost all our street-cred.

-There really are very few people here. We think the hotties just fly straight to clubs in europe now and don't bother with these websites. There used to be loads of genuine couples,

-You look like a fuck-buddy couple and that puts many other couples off and that's their prerogative.

Good luck, you look great fun.

"Hiya Tittiesprinkles

It's quiet because:

-You mentioned kink. Scares the willies out of your average swinger. Trust us, we've been here nearly ten years, swingers don't do kink and kinksters don't do swingy sex. Hard to get the balance right. We mentioned Shibari once and lost all our street-cred.

-There really are very few people here. We think the hotties just fly straight to clubs in europe now and don't bother with these websites. There used to be loads of genuine couples,

-You look like a fuck-buddy couple and that puts many other couples off and that's their prerogative.

Good luck, you look great fun. "

All valid points. we debated mentioning kink in our profile and left it off for a while, thought mentioning that we dont have to kink every meet might have helped.

You could be right about the Euro clubs, the idea is interesting and we wouldnt rule it out someday. Hottie is a subjective term though!

Indeed, our bio does look a bit fuckbuddyish but the truth of the matter is we met on a vanilla dating site and just sorta....worked. The down side is the distance, but it works.

Great post though, message us sometime

have to agree , we a genuine cpl and both seasoned swingers but think cpls are put off when its not a normal relationship, we trying to organise a wee

christmas party with little success, we are a cpl who have dated in the past but now are in an open relationship...wondering if we put up a joint profile would it be more successful ??

folks...it is quiet at the minute, might be the time of year but ive noticed empty chatrooms, forums populated by very few but regular posters, and couples consistently complaining of no fun on their status'.....cud be fabbers are just tired of the way the site works for them and have looked elsewhere...

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

Sorry op for hijacking thread I have to say u have one peachy ass there

"Sorry op for hijacking thread I have to say u have one peachy ass there "

She says thank you, I say it's a pity you're straight.

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

"Hiya Tittiesprinkles

It's quiet because:

Good luck, you look great fun. "

I always laugh at the rediculoussness of most blanket comments like, everyone likes this or everyone likes that or in this instance swingers don't do kink. Speaking as someone who's experimented in both swinging and various forms of 'kink' (as ye called it). I've been to swing and fetish clubs, The 2 aren't mutually exclusive they are both channels through which I'm exploring my sexuality, trying new things etc I also know many swingers that have done likewise...

Fab, compared to say a year ago, is a _ilderness and I too, am at a total loss, as to why. Lots of fantastic people have moved on, for varying reasons and it seems very few serious people, have joined, to replace them.

I know, from personal experience, there are a lot of idiots and malevolent people about and it's easy to see why genuine people, are being put off.

I wonder has Fab become the victim of it's ease of access and not charging a subscription.

Wonder where everyone has moved on to??

"Fab, compared to say a year ago, is a _ilderness and I too, am at a total loss, as to why. Lots of fantastic people have moved on, for varying reasons and it seems very few serious people, have joined, to replace them.

I know, from personal experience, there are a lot of idiots and malevolent people about and it's easy to see why genuine people, are being put off.

I wonder has Fab become the victim of it's ease of access and not charging a subscription.

Wonder where everyone has moved on to??"

Well said woody

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

On the kink/swing thing...

I would consider myself a kinky swinger and have found lots of cross over into the kink world of swingers.. And vice versa..

I've seen the same faces at meet &greets from swing sites and at kink events such as nimhneach.

So just cause I like a bit of "spice" doesn't mean I can't do vanilla..

As for quiet.. It's the time of the yr... Crimbo parties.. Spare cash all used up.

We'll all be dying for a bit if swing boldness in the new year. ( there's a party on 11th jan if I'm not mistaken)

Ah Wilder, I do make ridiculous blanket statements after half a bottle of wine, well spotted. The swing and kinkster worlds aren't mutually exclusive of course but they're far from inclusive. My theory is that the fetish world gets its energy from psychological roots and the swing thing is a physical shagaholical kinda-thing.

As for why it's quiet, I really wonder if all the last few months news about the NSA spying stuff is putting people off using websites, certainly makes us more wary.

big thumbs up to everyone in this thread, it's unusually polite and well written. So far

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Don't believe its a case of people moving on more than getting on with it this time of year people putting there energy into their families if memory serves me right it was the same last year and then after Christmas the place came alive with people posting their holiday snaps of parties they had attended and meets they had wait and see the 29th after woodys party there will be a plethora of mrs clauses getting filled and Santa's Cuming

"On the kink/swing thing...

I would consider myself a kinky swinger and have found lots of cross over into the kink world of swingers.. And vice versa..

I've seen the same faces at meet &greets from swing sites and at kink events such as nimhneach.

So just cause I like a bit of "spice" doesn't mean I can't do vanilla..

As for quiet.. It's the time of the yr... Crimbo parties.. Spare cash all used up.

We'll all be dying for a bit if swing boldness in the new year. ( there's a party on 11th jan if I'm not mistaken)

"

Sure who wants to wait til 11th Jan? get ur sexy asses to Belfast on 28th Dec for Woody's Christmas soirée. There'll be bubbly and canapés and not a novelty jumper in sight

Filling up fast though. If you snooze, you lose

Hi sexxy slut unfortunately we also have the same problem but think its because where we are located and this time of yr peeps are busy. Pity ye didn't live nearer nice profile

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Time of year for sure....don't think the mention of kink would put too many grown ups off for some it would be a way of trying something new without jumping in to the fetish club scene I know of a few parties on this weekend house parties wit a few cpls not big dos

My town

Just think after all the crimbo festivities are over what fun everyone is gonna have.

Roll on 2014

My town

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

cork

Yes its very quiet , office parties are to blame ..lol

So we'll have to wrap everything up and cum out "swinging" in 2014

Until then everyone have a good Xmas

[Removed by poster at 06/12/13 18:54:49]

I hear it's always quite for single guys

well we declined your invite for 2 reasons.

one, we have a previous engagement and two,you are on the young side for us but apart from that you have a very good profile,you look like an attractive couple ,you come across as interesting and articulate and a little bit of kink would'nt put us off at all.;)We are busy at the moment but maybe thats because people in our age group's childen are pretty much grown up while those closer to your own age are tied up with small kids and christmas.I remember when our kids were younger it was a nightmare to get sitters this time of year due to christmas party's.Stick with it, you seem like a nice pair and am sure you'll do very well here

ps,in your first sentence you say you are taking a break for christmas,I'd guess a lot of others would be of a similar mind.

"well we declined your invite for 2 reasons.

"

Please dont think our post was a dig at you, I assure you it wasnt! I hope your plans for the weekend go well

Yes, after this weekend we'll be concentrating on getting the silly season out of the way, we just wanted 2013 to go out on a groupsex bang.

never crossed our minds just thought to share our thoughts

» Add a new message to this topic