FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > ref.

ref.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

has anybody voted today in the two ref.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Yes indeedy! Bye bye, Seanad Éireann

think its a bad idea to get rid of the second house gives Kenny and that gang a free hand now

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

first time i ever screamed YES YES and truely ment it

Lucan

Lol. The Seanad had the power to delay a bill by 90 days. They couldn't stop it. They couldn't change it. They could delay it. Great. That's some serious power alright.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To use a phrase from Senator Norris - no more " talking through one's fanny " in Seanad Eireann

yes and yes too,less politicians has to be a good thing,

well witout it what you have is Kenny having total power over each bill passed and commmittees in the dail it should be reformed not abolished

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

you would have thought sen norris would have said ass hole wouldent you

he did lol and here he dosnt talk through it might do a lot more with it but dosnt talk through it

Lucan

"well witout it what you have is Kenny having total power over each bill passed and commmittees in the dail it should be reformed not abolished"

"Kenny" as you call him, was democratically elected, unlike the 60 senators who get paid €60,000 per annum for talking. After the Seanad is abolished, the Dáil will have the same power it has at the moment.

well truth of the matter is the second house was hijacked by the political parties and in fact some are elected well we just wait and see if and when it goes to watch whats down the road,by the way we didn't elect Kenny as taoiseack he was appointed by his blueshirt mates

Lucan

"well truth of the matter is the second house was hijacked by the political parties and in fact some are elected well we just wait and see if and when it goes to watch whats down the road,by the way we didn't elect Kenny as taoiseack he was appointed by his blueshirt mates"

He was elected Taoiseach by the majority of TDs in the Dáil, in the same way as every other Taoiseach since the foundation of the state. They in turn were elected by the electorate, using PR by STV. It doesn't get much more democratic than that.

Very serious discussion here lads for a fri eve !

did you vote for usc did you vote to bail out the banks and bond holders or water charges this will be the start of a one party state and no one to cry stop they have an overall majority in the dail so any bill they want will go through and ask yourself why wasn't the ref called after the budget

lol ye I know and only asked did anybody actually go out to vote lol

Careful what you wish for with the Seanad. Each and every one will be entitled to huge payoffs, back to work allowances, further education allowance, inconvenience for being sacked allowance, retraining allowance, having to be an ordinary civilian allowance with pensions being topped up and anything else they can think of.

I'm not a cynic really...

well you will be told arnt I only claimin what im entitled to like x tds a picking up 3 pensions no matter what way we look at the situation us working or non working ppl will pick up the tab for the lads with the old school ties

Lucan

"did you vote for usc did you vote to bail out the banks and bond holders or water charges this will be the start of a one party state and no one to cry stop they have an overall majority in the dail so any bill they want will go through and ask yourself why wasn't the ref called after the budget"

Er.. You may not have noticed that we haven't had a single party government since the Jack Lynch led FF government of 1977-'81. As for the new taxes etc.. we knew that FG/Lab were going to implement FF policies before the general election, but the majority still voted for them. The usc was brought in by FF, by the way, and you seem to think that Seanad Éireann could stop a bill from passing. I'm not sure how you got that idea, but it could only discuss bills. It couldn't alter them or prevent them from passing. It could stall then for a maximum of 90 days, but rarely even did that, I think about twice or possibly tthree times in the last 50 years.

this is all a smokescreen for other things that will be implemented o and by the way if its voteded in 3 articles in the constitution will also be chaned o and foe single party do you honestly tink that the so called labour party as some voice in this government Gilmore rabbit lynch etc av all come from the workers party / official ira they don't give to flyin fucks bout labour only linlig their own pockets with tax payers money

Lucan

"this is all a smokescreen for other things that will be implemented o and by the way if its voteded in 3 articles in the constitution will also be chaned o and foe single party do you honestly tink that the so called labour party as some voice in this government Gilmore rabbit lynch etc av all come from the workers party / official ira they don't give to flyin fucks bout labour only linlig their own pockets with tax payers money"

You'll be voting for Jim Corr, I suspect?

Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise, mar a deirtear.

I shall now back out of this debate, slowly and carefully

no just corr wud love a bottle or a can now you have just driven me to it and whats wrong with jimmy any way he has got nice sisters

Lucan

"no just corr wud love a bottle or a can now you have just driven me to it and whats wrong with jimmy any way he has got nice sisters"

They're not my cup of tea.

Oh, and he's actually quite mad!

And by the way, I'm not a FG or Labour party supporter.

nor mine to be honest o and I aint a ff or sf either or any of doz mad lefties either and no I aint a fuckin tree hugger altho I do like the willow tree lol

Oh god i totaly forgot!!

what have the got a willow there

» Add a new message to this topic