FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Cost of hotels

Cost of hotels

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astello OP   Woman 1 week ago

Far far away

Has skyrocketed.. I'm trying to book Saturday night and omg.. it's gone ridiculous.

A single room is the price of a double and mediocre hotels are charging 200 plus for the night...

Anyone in the trade how any tricks... e.g last minute, direct booking etc ..please share..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *chochamberWoman 1 week ago

Limerick

What city?

By *exyScientistsCouple 1 week ago

Castlebar

Interested to know too

I was told that to phone the hotels direct is best. I use booking.com and seem to get a bit of a discount but maybe i should ring direct.

Even midweek hotels I used in April and May are 20- 30 more now. Maybe October will be cheaper?

By *rutus83Man 1 week ago

naas

"Has skyrocketed.. I'm trying to book Saturday night and omg.. it's gone ridiculous.

A single room is the price of a double and mediocre hotels are charging 200 plus for the night...

Anyone in the trade how any tricks... e.g last minute, direct booking etc ..please share..

"

If you find a way of finding good prices of hotels please let me know I wouldn't mind booking for Saturday somewhere for some good fun

By *eldducMan 1 week ago

Cork

"Has skyrocketed.. I'm trying to book Saturday night and omg.. it's gone ridiculous.

"

Airbnb or B&B any good? Hotels are a joke these days

Far far away

To be honest l looked up an room in Airbnb.. 170e for the night..like come on.... that's just greed..

By *eldducMan 1 week ago

Cork

"To be honest l looked up an room in Airbnb.. 170e for the night..like come on.... that's just greed.."

Wow that is crazy can I PM you if that's ok?

By *exyScientistsCouple 1 week ago

Castlebar

What about B&Bs? Anyone tried them? Are they more fussy about guests coming and going, literally?

By *og-ManMan 1 week ago

somewhere

"What about B&Bs? Anyone tried them? Are they more fussy about guests coming and going, literally?"

Would you want shenanigans going on in one of your bedrooms at home as a BnB owner

By *chochamberWoman 1 week ago

Limerick

Student accommodation - might be free at weekends. Destiny group have blocks of accommodation in Cork and Dub

By *arper8000Man 1 week ago

cork

best way to get value is, fill up the room with people, 4 to a bed at least...

By *og-ManMan 1 week ago

somewhere

"Student accommodation - might be free at weekends. Destiny group have blocks of accommodation in Cork and Dub

"

Maynooth was very cheap over the summer

By *londegem75Woman 1 week ago

city

Madness 250 plus on a Saturday nite any where in ireland and that doesn't always include breakfast.

By *og-ManMan 1 week ago

somewhere

Northern Ireland is by far cheaper than anywhere else

By *itygamesMan 1 week ago

UK

travelodge or premier inn .......there cheap if you book well in advance

By *ealcoupleCouple 1 week ago

"Northern Ireland is by far cheaper than anywhere else "

Agree we tend to go north for a weekend rather than 1 night down south

Far far away

"To be honest l looked up an room in Airbnb.. 170e for the night..like come on.... that's just greed..

Wow that is crazy can I PM you if that's ok? "

No problem

Far far away

Yes travelling to Belfast over mid term. Definitely better value overall. But a long trek for a poor Kerry gal.

By *Dmi49Man 1 week ago

cork and kerry border

Hotels everywhere really are gone insane expensive, the price for what two people would pay last year is almost double now for one person. It’s cheaper to stay at home.

Far far away

"What about B&Bs? Anyone tried them? Are they more fussy about guests coming and going, literally?

Would you want shenanigans going on in one of your bedrooms at home as a BnB owner "

I rang 10 guest houses..and all booked..honestly some were absolutely crap...and their attitudes... like why bother them..

I assume accommodation is being tied up with college students but in my naive way l thought the weekend would be OK.. btw not a saucy weekend just an girlie weekend..so owners needed not worry... l can see why a camper van is a good choice...

By *inky Bear and VicsCouple 1 week ago

Northern Ireland

I thought NI has got very dear!

I did get a great room last Fri night for £70. And apartment over a garage with contactless entry via a code at the side of a private house. Wasn't sure how private it would be be. We were sneaking a third in for shenanigans. It was great actually we just left his car down the road and he walked to it after. The apartment was totally separate from the main house and the big room had a convenient sofa for being railed over, and a kitchen for snacks and drinks. As well as the normal double bed.

Normally I'm paying double that for a room.

By *lassy lady 216Woman 1 week ago

Craigavon

This is why I don't go to events at weekends because it's so expensive let me tell you from someone who lives in the north it ain't much cheaper up here unless you use a dayuse hotel you won't get anything in Belfast midweek for under £100 and thats usually with no breakfast before covid i was able to get a hotel midweek for £40 sometimes less people are just greedy

By *og-ManMan 1 week ago

somewhere

We can pay between 75 and 115 depending on the night for my favourite hotel in Belfast

Free parking

Breakfast for 2 included

First 2 drinks free in the fantastic bar with live music every night

By *ipstick KissesWoman 1 week ago

South Down

"We can pay between 75 and 115 depending on the night for my favourite hotel in Belfast

Free parking

Breakfast for 2 included

"

If it's the place I'm thinking, it really is great value and a super spot

By *s LollyWoman 1 week ago

The pub then supermacs ...

"We can pay between 75 and 115 depending on the night for my favourite hotel in Belfast

Free parking

Breakfast for 2 included

"

My favourite spot aswell 😁

By *uper duperMan 1 week ago

around

I got a hotel for dat use in portlaoise at a reasonable price in April.

Maybe try there?

By *eckme70Man 1 week ago

Strabane

No such place mate lol it's the North of Ireland 👌🇮🇪

Strabane

Free parking

Breakfast for 2 included

My favourite spot aswell 😁"

What's the name of the hotel please?

By *og-ManMan 1 week ago

somewhere

"Northern Ireland is by far cheaper than anywhere else

No such place mate lol it's the North of Ireland 👌🇮🇪"

Stupid question and I'm not trying to get all political in the thread but is it offensive to use Northern Ireland to some people

Strabane

Stupid question and I'm not trying to get all political in the thread but is it offensive to use Northern Ireland to some people "

Lol yeah it's very mate

By *og-ManMan 1 week ago

somewhere

Stupid question and I'm not trying to get all political in the thread but is it offensive to use Northern Ireland to some people

Lol yeah it's very mate "

South Down

No such place mate lol it's the North of Ireland 👌🇮🇪"

*Sigh*

The politics forum is thattaway 👉

Last I looked, this was a thread about hotel prices

Strabane

*Sigh*

The politics forum is thattaway 👉

Last I looked, this was a thread about hotel prices "

🤣🤣 I was joking with bogman 🤷‍♂️🙄

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 1 week ago

The West

Seen today how the summer tourism was way down this year for many tourism providers. Lots of different excuses, but the elephant in the room is obviously the cost of accommodation.

It wont change, though, because many hotels are proped up by the state all year around now, and don't need to sell full capacity.

By *ofusplusCouple 1 week ago

Limerick

Free parking

Breakfast for 2 included

"

We looked it up for THAT 50th in February and it was over £250 for B&B for the 2 of us. Most hotels in the city centre were that price.

We ended up booking a hotel out of the city centre for about £180.

Are you getting a loyal customer discount or what

Northern Ireland

Stupid question and I'm not trying to get all political in the thread but is it offensive to use Northern Ireland to some people "

It's offensive to others to not say it.

Northern Ireland

"Student accommodation - might be free at weekends. Destiny group have blocks of accommodation in Cork and Dub

Maynooth was very cheap over the summer "

I think the student accommodation in Northern Ireland you have to prove you are a student

By *annersandrespectMan 1 week ago

Here and there

Love Music ,some of the shows l've went to are in Dublin & the cost of hotels are scandalous, l never stay as l put the money towards a flight to see the artist in another Country if it's financially viable , it's not being mean , l just won't give money to hotels when l can put it towards a flight, the only time l booked a hotel in Dublin, October 2018, was when l brought a lady l met here to a gig , it was real Rock n Roll, it was what going to a show should be .🎶🎼🎵😈😈,a friend of mine wanted to get a hotel room as he attended a recent gig in Croker,he tried a 10 mile radius,€440 was the best quote, needless to say he didn't stay .

South Down

I'm in England (Midlands) this weekend for 4 nights in three different hotels. In total it's just under £290 including breakfast, and one of those nights is for two of us. Given the current prices here, I thought that was pretty reasonable

By *og-ManMan 1 week ago

somewhere

Free parking

Breakfast for 2 included

We looked it up for THAT 50th in February and it was over £250 for B&B for the 2 of us. Most hotels in the city centre were that price.

Are you getting a loyal customer discount or what "

I also forgot to mention unlimited free costa coffe while you're staying there delivered to your room or in the bar

Its fantastic value and the staff are very friendy

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man 1 week ago

Meath, Louth border of Airgialla & Naughty,

there's a very good reason why hotels have got so expensive and it's not all the hoteliers solely at fault on this one.

No1 there's a good few hotels tied up and tied in with government policy for temporary accommodation for families displaced with the Invasion apon there county 🇺🇦

No2 is an invasion of a different kind brought on by the foreign companies selling rooms at an extortionate price while keeping a careful eye on the media to capture events in the region to secure premium value

TripAdvisor,travago,booking. Cxx,kayak is only a small list of them..

Who ever let them into the country!!

Ireland was doing very well years ago without them and most hotels set their own prices possible Tru board Fáilte.

a prime example in today's economy is O'Leary booting them out one by one for trying to dominate and dictate the price of bums on seats effectively rapìng his business.

these companies or tec giants or whatever their call really do take our lives that's if you let them that is

I think the Scientists i an earlier comment hit the nail on the head just call the hotel and book directly

I done this few weeks back and worked a charm saving 160€ on a night away givin it was an expensive spot to stop over..

By *unguy1169Man 7 days ago

Kilkenny

Crazy price one nite in cork in September cheapest I could get was 190 euro , an air bb was nearly 100 for rubbish rooms

By *otownkid1967Man 7 days ago

Portlaoise

Free parking

Breakfast for 2 included

Are you getting a loyal customer discount or what

I also forgot to mention unlimited free costa coffe while you're staying there delivered to your room or in the bar

Its fantastic value and the staff

are very friendy "

Could you send me the name please bogman.

By *hunkyRedPandaMan 7 days ago

City

"Interested to know too

I was told that to phone the hotels direct is best. I use booking.com and seem to get a bit of a discount but maybe i should ring direct.

Even midweek hotels I used in April and May are 20- 30 more now. Maybe October will be cheaper? "

Hmmm. Booking.com

Hmmm

Used them to book a room for an event a year in advance. €800. Four nights. Without breakfast. The event is important to me, so I booked.

Check two weeks ago, down to €360. Without breakfast. A previously unavailable hotel, €320.

Checked that hotel's website, €280.

Deal sites are handy, but checking with the hotel themselves can prove useful. As it did here. Extra €500 for beer

By *ealitybitesMan 7 days ago

Belfast

Last hotel I stayed in was a Holiday Inn in Geneva.

£170 per night, £10 of which was a City tax but the municipality subsidises public transport which means the hotel gives each guest a free travel card so there is no charge for buses, trams or water taxis.

It's expensive to stay there but at least they offer incentives such as that and return flights are less than £100 with Swiss Air going out on a Friday night.

By *illy9797Man 7 days ago

dublin

I paid 340 for a one bedroom for tomorrow night, one double bed 😂 crazy money for one night with nothing included ?

By *alwaycraicMan 7 days ago

Galway

Ibis in Belfast City was 180£ for the night in early October

By *ighelmet01Man 7 days ago

cavan

Airbnb is better than hotel..fact you can meet up early instead of wait till 3pm to check in which doesn't make any sense..Airbnb house you can get key 9am..more fun time

By *eeking_sensuality77Woman 7 days ago

Athlone

"I paid 340 for a one bedroom for tomorrow night, one double bed 😂 crazy money for one night with nothing included ?"

You must have more money than sense!!

By *illy9797Man 7 days ago

dublin

"I paid 340 for a one bedroom for tomorrow night, one double bed 😂 crazy money for one night with nothing included ?

You must have more money than sense!!"

Not one of my brightest ideas 😂 that was one of the cheapest

By *inky Bear and VicsCouple 7 days ago

Northern Ireland

"Interested to know too

Even midweek hotels I used in April and May are 20- 30 more now. Maybe October will be cheaper?

Hmmm. Booking.com

Hmmm

Used them to book a room for an event a year in advance. €800. Four nights. Without breakfast. The event is important to me, so I booked.

Check two weeks ago, down to €360. Without breakfast. A previously unavailable hotel, €320.

Deal sites are handy, but checking with the hotel themselves can prove useful. As it did here. Extra €500 for beer "

I've been caught put a couple of times with cancellation policies. I used to use Booking.com because they had a great cancellation policy. As long as you cancelled up to a day or two before that was fine. Then I blindly thought that was the case with all their rooms. Leading up to Pride I had issues finding accommodation in the right area of Belfast. I booked one in Lisburn called the Overdale Motel. Then another came available in Belfast that we took instead. Turns out Overdale Motel has a 100% fee for cancellations. Just had to pay it.

Another one I felt changed the goal posts on me. What I thought was a couple of days was 10 days and I missed it. It was the night of the Belfast Riots. Had to pay double and do a lot of talking to get it moved to February. They wouldn't let me cancel and they wouldn't give me another single night so I had to book 2 nights.

Airbnb doesn't always have a 9am check in. In fact I've never found that. It's always been 3pm but I message separately and ask for a 2pm and sometimes it's granted. Airbnb is also often now looking for part payment in advance. We've booked Wexford and have had to pay half up front and the trip isn't until late Oct.

Sometimes I wait until the day before our trip. Then look through Hotels.com and Booking.com and Airbnb. Book for the location rather than how nice it is.

Unfortunately our nights away are mostly weekend nights.

By *eeking_sensuality77Woman 7 days ago

Athlone

"I paid 340 for a one bedroom for tomorrow night, one double bed 😂 crazy money for one night with nothing included ?

You must have more money than sense!!

Not one of my brightest ideas 😂 that was one of the cheapest "

We must be talking The Westbury or somewhere at that price!!

By *og-ManMan 7 days ago

somewhere

"Interested to know too

Hmmm. Booking.com

Hmmm

Deal sites are handy, but checking with the hotel themselves can prove useful. As it did here. Extra €500 for beer "

Can you not cancel and rebook

By *astello OP   Woman 7 days ago

Far far away

Agreed with the posters above the costs are multi faceted. But l was genuinely shocked as I travelled regularly for work. (albeit mid week) and stayed in hotels all over..so was surprised by the massive increase in prices and lack of availability. Yes l did ring direct only told yes were booked, asked about a cancellation list and tbh they weren't bothered. I rang lots of bnb and yes sorry were full was thrown back.. not sure is it play season fatigue by tourist providers but Ireland of the Welcomes l.didnt find.

By *hunkyRedPandaMan 7 days ago

City

"Interested to know too

Hmmm. Booking.com

Hmmm

Deal sites are handy, but checking with the hotel themselves can prove useful. As it did here. Extra €500 for beer

Can you not cancel and rebook

"

I very rarely psy upfront. 99% of my trips are europe. The expensive one had a free cancellation policy. Even though it's a lovely hotel where I've stayed many times

» Add a new message to this topic